Visiting the Hospital

Vulnerable

Xiumin spaced out a lot today at school. A teacher even threw him the board eraser for spacing out too much.

Luhan noticed this and nudged Xiumin to return him to reality.
"What's wrong with you, man? You are usually the most serious one when it comes to school," Luhan asked, frowning his eyebrows. Xiumin stared at him blankly and Luhan got irritated. "Well?"

"Ehem," the teacher cleared his throat. Luhan quickly straighten his sitting position and smiled at him. The teacher glared at him before continuing to explain the lesson.

Luhan glanced at Xiumin who is totally out of it. What's wrong with him, really.

After the last bell rang, Luhan and Xiumin went to EXO's room as usual. Xiumin looks like his mind is somewhere else.

"Seriously, what's wrong with you?" Luhan asked again after they arrived at EXO's room. "Shouldn't you be going to the hospital by now?"
Xiumin gulped, finally showing some signs of life. "I don't know."
Luhan raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean you don't know? Even Taemin hyung personally called you, you know that right?"

Xiumin shrugged. "Yeah but, I'm nobody to her, am I? Why would I go see her?"

Luhan thought for a while. Then he clicked his fingers. "Just think of it as 'visiting a senior's relative'. Don't think too much, will you?"
"Uhh but.."
"No buts, just go! I don't want to be with a zombie all-day," Luhan said as he pushed Xiumin out. Then he remembered something and ran to the couch. He picked up a plastic bag that has something quite big inside.

He threw it to Xiumin's grasp and pushed him again.
"It's for her right? Now OFF YOU GO," Luhan closed the door after Xiumin got out and he sighed.

D.O passed by just in time to see Luhan sighing.
"What happened, hyung? Are there fangirls?" D.O asked.
Luhan shook his head. "No, I was just trying to push Xiumin to go to the hospital."

"Hospital? Who's sick?" D.O frowned.
"Taeyeon," Luhan answered.

D.O widened his eyes in shock.
"How did she get into the hospital?" D.O asked trying to keep calm.
Luhan stared at D.O's big eyes before answering. "I don't know either. Do you want to visit her too? She's staying at the XXX Hospital."

D.O shook his head slightly.
"No, but thanks for the information, hyung," D.O muttered. Luhan nodded and walked away to go upstairs, leaving D.O by himself.

≈≈≈≈≈

Taeyeon was just being lazy Friday night. She didn't dry her hair after taking a shower and she slept late. The next morning, she got a very high fever just by that.

Taemin panicked and decided to bring her to the hospital. Who wouldn't? The temperature of her body was 41 degrees celcius, and still rising.

Even now, she still had a slight fever. And the competition is coming soon too. She sighed putting down the TV remote that she used to change the channel. She is now watching Spongebob Squarepants.

Then suddenly someone knocked.
Who is it? Taemin oppa? But why did he knock? "Come in."

The door opened, revealing Xiumin. Taeyeon widened her eyes in shock. Never crossed her mind that Xiumin would visit her.

Xiumin smiled awkwardly and let himself in. He walked to the side of Taeyeon's bed and looked around.
"Where's Taemin hyung?" he asked.
"I don't know, he said he got a job.." Taeyeon said weakly. Xiumin turned to her worriedly. He sat in the chair next to Taeyeon's bed.

"Are you okay? Do you still feel sick?" Xiumin asked again, eyeing her in worry.
Taeyeon smiled and shook her head. "I'm fine, sunbae. Just a slight fever."

"Are you sure?" Xiumin said as he put his hand in Taeyeon's forehead. Taeyeon's heart skipped a beat. "Your face is so red. You should go back to sleep."
Once again, Taeyeon shook her head. "I had enough sleep, sunbae. Don't worry."

"That aside, how do you know I'm here?" Taeyeon asked back.
Xiumin shrugged. "Taemin hyung suddenly called me yesterday."

Taeyeon gasped at the news. Why would Taemin call Xiumin just to tell him Taeyeon got admitted to the hospital?

Then Xiumin clapped suddenly and it surprised Taeyeon. He immediately lifted up the plastic bag that he has been carrying and put them on his laps.
"I went to Jeju yesterday," Xiumin said replied by Taeyeon's frown. "Yeah, I know it's weird. Going to Jeju not in holidays." He chuckled.

"Anyway, I bought you something," Xiumin smiled as he took out the teddy bear with pink ribbon.

Taeyeon squealed seeing it. Xiumin grinned and gave the doll to her who immediately hugged it.
"Thank you sunbae," Taeyeon smiled as Xiumin felt warm inside.

Then it was silent. Awkward. Xiumin then tried to make a conversation.
"Taeyeon-ah, where are your parents?" Xiumin asked carefully. Taeyeon stiffened.
She loosened up and stare blankly at him. "My parents divorced when I was 4."

Xiumin's eyes widened and he's hitting himself in his mind.
"Oh I'm sorry," he immediately said.
Taeyeon smiled bitterly and shook her head. "It's okay."

Then it became silent again. Xiumin is mentally hitting himself.
"I went with Father while Taemin Oppa went with Mother," Taeyeon suddenly said. Xiumin locked his eyes on her and listened carefully. "And then Mother died three years ago when I was 12."
Xiumin's jaw dropped listening to Taeyeon's story. The parents divorced and her mother died. "I'm sorry again."

"It's okay, I'm okay," Taeyeon reassured. "And then the year after, I went to live with Oppa. And now I'm all good!" she said trying to sound cheerful.

Xiumin nodded a few times. Her life was so difficult.

"Where.." Xiumin's words got cut when Taemin suddenly opened the door. He glared at Xiumin at first but then smiled.

"Minseok! I knew you would come," Taemin said as he walked towards Taeyeon and Xiumin. Xiumin stood up and bowed to him. "Don't be so formal. Oh right, can I talk to you for a bit?"

Xiumin nodded and he followed Taemin outside.
"Excuse us for a while, Taeyeonnie~" Taemin said waving to Taeyeon. She smiled as the door closed.

Outside, Taemin sighed immediately after he closed the door. Then he slowly turned to Xiumin.
"Follow me," Taemin whispered. Xiumin followed him and then they ended up being in the hospital's waiting room. Taemin sat on one chair and gestured Xiumin to take a sit in the chair next to his.

"What's wrong, hyung?" Xiumin asked, wondering what Taemin wanted to talk about.
Taemin shrugged before answering. "First, I want to apologize for eavesdropping earlier."

Xiumin furrowed his eyebrows.
"Second, I would like to explain the things that you wanted to ask Taeyeon earlier," Taemin continued.

Xiumin nodded in excitement.

Taemin sighed and lowered his head. "It's about our father and.. Taeyeon's fear of men."

 

 


Author's Notes: I finally updated! ;A; I love this story and I love my reader <3 But I'm still stuck on Say Hello OTL I wonder why Say Hello still have so many subscribers while this doesn't. Thank you for reading, you are all awesome <3

BTW, this is off-topic but HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE TAEMIN! <3 my first Taemin's birthday ever :p now it's just left with Key <3 Taemin oppa, stay manly! :3