. 017

Vulnerable

This isn't something to be nervous about. Taeyeon thought. She continuously convinced herself that she can do it on the way to the school, where the competition is held. Yes, the competition is hosted by her school, inviting many other competitors from other schools. She clenched her teeth and closed her eyes to calm her heart.

"We are here," Taemin said snapping Taeyeon back to reality. She looked around and indeed, they are already at school. She got more nervous now. She looked at her brother in panic. Taemin chuckled and ruffled her hair. "Don't worry, you'll do good. Now go first, I'll park the car and I will watch you from the audience."

Taeyeon's face looked disappointed but she nodded and went out of the car. Her eyes followed Taemin's car as it disappeared to find a parking lot. She took a deep breath before entering the school. Along the way to the sports hall, she prayed to calm her heart. It has always been her habit to pray before competition. Once her heart has calmed down a bit, she went to the toilet to change her clothes.

After she finished changing, she went out immediately.
"Oh my!" Taeyeon yelled as she saw Xiumin right in front of her. She jumped that she almost fell backwards, but luckily Xiumin caught her just in time. He grinned mischievously holding Taeyeon's hand.

"Sunbae, you shocked me," Taeyeon said as she let out a relief sigh. Xiumin chuckled.
"Sorry," he said. "Good luck for today!"

Taeyeon smiled and nodded at Xiumin. Then suddenly Xiumin leaned forward to Taeyeon's ear.
"Win today, I will give you something afterwards," Xiumin whispered. He retreated and grinned at Taeyeon as she made a questioning face. Xiumin sensed Taeyeon's confusion and chuckled. "I won't tell you what is it until you win~"

Taeyeon smiled and nodded again. Xiumin grinned and he held up a fist, mouthing the word 'fighting'. Taeyeon laughed and did the same too. She now feels a lot better.

≈≈≈≈≈

Taeyeon is already ready in her position, waiting for the referee to start the competition. She exhaled a bit of the air while the time passed on. The referee finally held out one of his hand and Taeyeon immediately raised her bow.

She locked her eyes on the red circle, aiming it. When the referee blown the whistle, Taeyeon released the arrow. The arrow hit the center, but nobody dared to make a sound. When the referee blown the whistle again, Taeyeon released her arrow, and it continues on.

Until it's finally the last shot, Taeyeon gave all her attention to her bow and the target.

DISGRACE.

Taeyeon's eyes opened wide as she released her arrow after the referee blown the whistle. The arrow missed the center by a few centimetres. Taeyeon's supporters sighed in disappointment. Taeyeon turned to the audience and smiled an apologetic smile.

≈≈≈≈≈

In the end, Taeyeon got second place in the competition. In the way home, Taemin looked down. Taeyeon turned to him and stared at him.
"What's wrong, oppa?" Taeyeon asked. Taemin stayed silent. Taeyeon pouted and looked forward again.

"Taeyeon-ah," Taemin called.
"Hmm?" Taeyeon hummed, still looking forward.
"You always came second in competitions.. What's wrong with you?" Taemin asked. Taeyeon stayed silent, a part of her don't want to answer and a part of her didn't know the answer. Taemin smiled and he patted Taeyeon's head lightly. "Don't worry. When the day you came first come, I will still be with you."

Taeyeon smiled and she took Taemin's hand and squeezed it. They hold hands for a while before Taemin pulled his hands back to drive.

≈≈≈≈≈

Xiumin sat in his room's desk, writing something. He writes it really carefully that he didn't even realize that Luhan sneaked into his room. Luhan tried to peek on the paper when suddenly Xiumin stretched his arms, hitting Luhan's head.

"Ouch!" Luhan yelled. Xiumin turned around and he grinned. "What are you writing?" Luhan asked as he rubbed his hurting head because of Xiumin's strong hand.

Xiumin grinned and shook his head. He put the papers inside his table's drawer.
"Nothing. Just a plan for revival," Xiumin smiled mischievously, locking his table's drawer before heading to his bed. Luhan raised a brow at him, not understanding the meaning. Xiumin grinned once again seeing Luhan's confused expression.

"Go sleep, we have school tomorrow," Xiumin said to Luhan.
Luhan stared at Xiumin before he started to walk out of the room. He suddenly turned his head around midway. "You better not make me do ridiculous thing again."

Xiumin grinned again as he covered his whole body with the blanket. Luhan got a bad feeling about this, but he went out anyway.

 

 


Author's Notes: So sorry for the late update! :( Okay I just updated this when AFF was getting a maintenance so I have to re-write half of it again OTL From now, I will try to update regularly, but in shorter chapter ^^ don't worry, I did this because I love this story and I love you all! I don't want to leave this hanging~ esp. since I already have an idea for a sequel coughcough
Of course, I will still update QLTY and TaeKai collection too~ oh and do check out my new apply fic Yummy&Tasty! Thank you very much and I love you!