Just a Dream

Vulnerable

D.O dozed off looking outside the window in EXO's room. He's daydreaming. In the morning.

The door bursted open and D.O jumped. He turned around to see Xiumin happily jumping around carrying a book that Taeyeon read yesterday.

"What makes you so happy, hyung?" D.O asked. Xiumin turned to him with his big grin.
Xiumin shook his head slightly and continued to jump around to go to his own room. D.O looked at him weirdly.

"D.O-ya, can you cook now?" Xiumin stopped and asked. D.O stood up and nodded.
"What do you want to eat?" D.O asked back.

Xiumin thought for a while. "Anything."

D.O nodded again and he immediately went to the kitchen. He opened the fridge to be greeted by.. Eggs and kimchi. He sighed.
"Hyung, you okay with Kimchi Fried Rice?" D.O shouted to ask Xiumin.
"Okaaaaaaayyy," Xiumin shouted back from his room.

D.O took out the eggs and kimchi and started making it right away. He's like a pro. If there's more ingredients he would probably make a french cuisine or something.

D.O has been cooking since God knows when. He enjoyed cooking and still enjoy it even now. He thinks that making people happy with his food is the best thing ever. Other than cooking, he also enjoys singing in his spare time. Just to pass time.

"Done," D.O said as he put the fried rice in the plate. "Hyunggggg it's done!" D.O shouted to call Xiumin.

There was a one-second silence, then it's like a crowd coming down. Xiumin ran to the kitchen like a hungry kid that never eats.
"Wahh thank you D.O-ya~ I can always count on you!" Xiumin said as he carry the plate to the eating table. D.O followed him and sat across him. He smiled at Xiumin that eats the food he made happily, like a mom would. (lol)

"Hyung," D.O said to break the silence.
Xiumin looked up to him while still eating. "Hmm?"
"Do you.." D.O paused. He gulped, nervous about asking this. "By any chance, do you like Taeyeon?"

Xiumin dropped his spoon as he stared at D.O blankly for a while.
"Why?" Xiumin asked. They have never discussed this kind of things before because of Xiumin's disinterest on girls.

"Just curious," D.O muttered. Xiumin continued eating, not answering the question, basically because he himself doesn't know the answer.

≈≈≈≈≈

The school ended, yet D.O didn't want to go home. He took a sit in one of the hallway's corner, looking out to the garden. He always enjoyed sitting there, as the garden is very pretty.

Then he started to sing a song.

I was thinking about you, thinking about me
Thinking about us, what we're gonna be?
Open my eyes, it was only just a dream

D.O sighed at the similarities of the lyrics to him.

"Woah," a voice interrupted. D.O immediately looked back to find Taeyeon holding some books with amazed eyes. "Sunbae, you have a nice voice."

D.O chuckled at her. What a coincidence.
"And your english isn't bad too," Taeyeon continued, shaking her head in disbelief.
"Why, thank you," D.O smiled sincerely. "Why aren't you home yet?"

Taeyeon shrugged.
"Well, there's some tasks from the teacher that I need to do," she answered.

"Ooh.." D.O muttered silently. Then he smiled at Taeyeon. "Want to sit down?" he said as he pats the spot next to him.
"Eh.. I'd rather not, sunbae," Taeyeon chuckled. "I still need to do something." And it's too uncomfortable sitting with only you..

D.O looked disappointed but he shook it off and smiled.
"Okay then, good luck!" D.O said as he waved towards Taeyeon who smiled and walked off.

D.O lowered his hand and sighed.
I think it's clear enough.

≈≈≈≈≈

"Thank you very much, Taeyeon-ssi. Sorry to hold you back for so long," the teacher smiled at Taeyeon as she received the tasks Taeyeon made. Taeyeon shook her head and smiled assuringly.
"No problem, seonsaengnim," Taeyeon said as she bowed and left the teacher's lounge.

Taeyeon walked along the hallway not looking in front. She's focusing on her phone rather than walking.

Then suddenly someone pulled her, and her back landed on a broad chest of a guy. Taeyeon froze for a moment before looking up stiffly.

It was Xiumin.

Taeyeon sighed in relief seeing him, she didn't know what she would do if it was anyone else.
"What are you doing?!" Xiumin scolded her. "You almost fell, you know? Can't you see the stairs?"

Taeyeon looked down. Right, she was on the brink of a stair. She could fall anytime if Xiumin didn't pull her.
Taeyeon looked at him apologetically. "Sorry, sunbae.."

Xiumin softened seeing Taeyeon like this, like he couldn't get mad at her at all. He patted Taeyeon's head lightly.

Suddenly Taeyeon's phone ringed. She took a look at it and picked it up.
"Hello?" Taeyeon said. "Oppa? What's wrong?"
"Taeyeon-ah," Taemin said over the phone. "I'm going to be late to pick you up."
"Oh, that's okay, oppa. I can go home by bus," Taeyeon said back.
"NO!" Taemin shouted. Taeyeon jumped a bit hearing it. Then he sighed. "Is there anyone with you right now?"

Taeyeon took a glance at Xiumin. "Yeah, I'm with Xiumin sunbae right now." she said as Xiumin looked at her in confusion.
"Good, hand over your phone to him. I need to talk with him," Taemin said again.

Taeyeon gave her phone to Xiumin and he took it, still confused. Taeyeon mouthed that it's Taemin.
Xiumin nodded and put the phone in his left ear. "Hello?"

It was silent for a while as Taemin talked to Xiumin, and Taeyeon got pretty bored.

Suddenly Xiumin's face brightened and he smiled.
"Sure, sunbaenim. You can count on me," Xiumin said as he hung up the call. Taeyeon got pretty shocked because he hung up suddenly. Xiumin gave the phone back to Taeyeon and she put it back on her pocket.

Then suddenly Xiumin grabbed her hand.
He smiled at the confused Taeyeon. "I'm going to ride you home," he said.
"But.." Taeyeon nervously said. Xiumin put his index finger to to stop her words. Then he smiled again.

"No buts! I have your brother's permission," Xiumin said cheerfully as he dragged Taeyeon to his car.

 

 


Author's Notes: Aha~ Why do I make Xiumin loves skinship so much lol Thank you for reading! Do comment so I can see my flaws and everything :] And Say Hello is ending soon. When that ends, make sure to read and subscribe this one, okay? XD

Ehem, it's getting old, but.. COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBES ARE LOVED! <3