a Voice

Vulnerable

"I'm home," Taeyeon announced through the house, even though Taemin who drove her home is right behind her. Taeyeon looked back to Taemin and grinned, and Taemin chuckled seeing her.

"You seemed to be in a good mood, Taeyeon-ah," Taemin said.
Taeyeon's face darkened and she looked down, "Not really, oppa. In fact, I'm depressed."
Taemin opened his mouth wide, "WHAT?! Depressed? WHY? TELL ME!"

Taeyeon chuckled at Taemin's overreaction.
"No big deal, oppa. It's just that.." Taeyeon paused. Taemin looked at her with anticipation. "Some of my arrows missed today."
Taemin frowned at Taeyeon, before smiling, "Ah I thought something bad happened. Maybe you just got distracted, Taeyeon-ah. Don't worry!"

Taemin's words made Taeyeon smile.
"Speaking of which, where did you get THAT from, Taeyeon-ah?" Taemin asked, pointing the big ribbon that Taeyeon got from Xiumin. She has put it off since she finished practicing before. She looked at it for awhile before answering.
"My sunbae gave it to me, oppa," Taeyeon answered. Taemin went 'ooh' and he took the ribbon from Taeyeon.

He examined it for a while before putting it on top of his own head. Taeyeon chuckled when he put it on.
"Does it suit me?" Taemin said, blinking his eyes like a little girl. Taeyeon grinned and nodded.

Taemin laughed and put it off. He gave the ribbon back to Taeyeon and he walked to his room.
"I'm going to sleep, Taeyeon-ah. Call me if you need something," Taemin said, yawning. Taeyeon nodded as Taemin went inside his room.

Taeyeon went back to her own room. She closed the door and immediately went straight to her bed.

She bumped herself to her bed. She stared at the ribbon. Suddenly she finds herself remembering what happened today.

Taeyeon shot the arrows, and it always hit the center. Don't know why she kept practicing anyway. After 10 arrows, she went ahead to take the arrows back. When she heads back to her original position, Xiumin is there.

Taeyeon jumped from shock. Xiumin smiled as if there's nothing wrong. Taeyeon froze in her current position, afraid to walk closer to him when there's no Jina or any girl around.

Xiumin realized this and quickly took out something from his pocket.

It's a huge ribbon, gold colored. Xiumin put it on top of his head and smiled again. Taeyeon stared at him for a while, before smiling. Xiumin sighed in relief as Taeyeon went to her original position to  practice more.

Taeyeon chuckled remembering Xiumin's face that is so innocent. She closed her eyes dropped the ribbon beside her.

You are not needed.

Taeyeon's eyes shot open as she heard that voice. The voice that she despises so much. The voice of the man that made her like this.

You are a disgrace.

Taeyeon felt chill all over her body. She sat up and hold her head.

I never wanted you.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!" Taeyeon screamed, holding her head in pain. Taemin heard her voice and immediately rushed to Taeyeon's room.

"Taeyeon-ah? What happened?" Taemin asked panicked. It has been a while since he sees Taeyeon like this. He rushed to Taeyeon's side and hugged her.

Taeyeon's tears began falling down. Her eyes looked so lifeless right now. She cried.

"I'm sorry," Taeyeon whispered. Taemin know what she's going to say. He hugged her even tighter.
"Taeyeon-ah," Taemin said. He looked up. Oh God, what can I do?
"I'm sorry, appa," Taeyeon whispered again.

Taemin caressed Taeyeon's hair as she calmed down. She fell asleep and Taemin put the blanket on top of her carefully. He went out of Taeyeon's room.

He shrugged. It has been a long time since she's been like that. Why now?

≈≈≈≈≈

Taeyeon woke up the next day feeling heavy. She remembered what happened last night, and is totally unhappy. Why does she have to remember that man now?

Taemin knocked her room's door before opening it.
"Are you going to school today, Taeyeon-ah?" Taemin asked. Taeyeon thought for a bit. It will probably be better if there's something she's doing instead of sleeping the entire day at home.

Taeyeon nodded to Taemin.
"Okay, get ready soon then," Taemin said. He smiled as he closed the door.

Taeyeon sighed and stood up, preparing to go to school.

≈≈≈≈≈

"What happened? Your eyes are so swollen. Did you cry?" Jina asked the moment Taeyeon arrived in class. Taeyeon shook her head and smiled. Jina knew Taeyeon can't tell her so she kept silent.

The bell ringed, first breaktime. Taeyeon and Jina went to the canteen again. This time, Taeyeon stayed at the seat like the first time they came.

Taeyeon looked down, not daring to look anywhere.

"Taeyeon-ah!" Xiumin said, a little running towards Taeyeon. He's wearing a blue ribbon today. Then he realized Taeyeon's dark expression.

"Taeyeon-ah, what happened?" Xiumin asked, peeking into Taeyeon's face. "Omo, your eyes are swollen? Why?"

for some reason, Taeyeon's defense is broken the moment she hears Xiumin's voice. She cried... again.

"Taeyeon-ah?!" Xiumin said, shocked.

 

 


Author's Notes: Err yeah. It's a glimpse to Taeyeon's past~ :p Hope it's not too gloomy lol. I MIGHT double update again today. My inspirations are flowing lololol. COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE ARE LOVED! You would never know how much I will love you so so much the moment you commented ;D