I will

Vulnerable

Taeyeon jumped out of her bed as soon as she heard the alarm. She turned off the alarm and hurriedly puts on the uniform. She have a practice for today, and it's in the morning too.

She went out of her room to find Taemin already sitting on the sofa. He smiled and stood up to drive her to school.

Along the way, Taeyeon would ask Taemin various things about his high school days. The car was filled with laughter.

Upon reaching the school, Taeyeon ran to the sports hall and proceed with her practice. It ran smoothly with nobody around. She changed her outfit back to uniform 10 minutes before the bell rings, and she entered her classroom.

"Good morning!" Taeyeon cheerfully greeted Jina. Jina looked up lazily and smiled a bit before she lowered her head again. Taeyeon puts down her bags and she looked around. Their classmates seems to be talking about them.

"Hey, Jina-ya," Taeyeon called out. Jina peeked from between her arms. "Why does it seems like you never hang out with those guys?"
"Hmm they find me annoying," Jina calmly said. Taeyeon gasped from shock.
"Annoying? Weird. I find you umma-like, though," Taeyeon said innocently. Jina chuckled, still staying in her position.

≈≈≈≈≈

The first breaktime, Taeyeon decided not to go to canteen and went to the Library alone without Jina. She always finds Library calming as she likes to read books.

Taeyeon entered the library and immediately went to the fantasy books section. She looked around to search for her favorite book.
"What are you looking for?" a soft girl's voice said. Taeyeon jumped and turned around. It turned out to be Jaeyoon, Chanyeol's girlfriend. "Oh, aren't you Taeyeon-ssi?" Jaeyoon said as she smiled.

Taeyeon nodded and smiled.
"Yes, sunbaenim," Taeyeon said.
"Oh, don't be so formal with me. Call me unnie or something," Jaeyoon said. Her smile is really sweet and delicate. "So, what book are you searching for?"

Taeyeon looked around again.
"By any chance, is there the Heroes of Olympus books here, unnie?" Taeyeon carefully asked.
"Oh, there is," Jaeyoon said. She looked at the books one by one before she found it. She pulled the book and gave it to Taeyeon. The title is "The Son of Neptune". "You like the Heroes of Olympus series? Waahh, much like Xiumin oppa."

Taeyeon widened her eyes, but she just smiled.
"Thank you unnie. Can I read this here?" Taeyeon asked.
"Of course, go ahead," Jaeyoon said as she smiled again and walked away.

Taeyeon went to the desk nearby and took a seat. She opened the book. She gasped seeing there's writings inside.

Will my love search for me too when I'm gone?

The handwriting was slightly messy, so Taeyeon could guess the writer is a guy. Coincidentally, this is also the question she always ask to herself when reading this book.

"Hey!" a guy said appearing in front of Taeyeon suddenly. Taeyeon looked up and.. it was D.O. She felt kind of disappointed but it didn't show in her face. Instead, she smiled.
"Sunbae, why aren't you in the canteen?" Taeyeon asked.
D.O grinned at her and slightly shook his head. "I'm too lazy today. Speaking of which, why aren't YOU in the canteen?"
"I guess I'm lazy too," Taeyeon said as she and D.O chuckled together.

D.O took a glance at the handwriting in the book Taeyeon is holding, and immediately recognizes it.
"Oh, that's Xiumin hyung's handwriting," D.O said pointing to the book.
Taeyeon looked at the book, then looked up to D.O. "It is?" D.O answered by nodding.
"I would never mistake it," D.O said, looked proud.

RING RING RING

"Oh, the bell ringed. I got to go, sunbaenim," Taeyeon said as she stood up.
"Okay, bye~" D.O said waving. One of the benefits of being the Best 12, you can come late to class.

Before going out of the library, Taeyeon didn't forget to borrow the book. D.O watched her as she walked outside the library.
Is it wrong to have this feelings? D.O thought by himself.

≈≈≈≈≈

The school ended. After reaching home from school, Taeyeon took a shower and changed her clothes. Then she opened the book that she borrowed earlier.

She have read it numerous times before, but the writings that is in the book made her want to read again.

She chuckled reading the writings. Like, 'Why is this person so stupid' and 'I wish I could go in and smack him in the face'. All of them are written with the same handwritings as the one in front. Seriously, who would write in a library's book? Only a bun would.

Taeyeon closed the book, tired of all the laugh. She closed her eyes for a moment. It has been a while since she last laughed hard.

She got up again and grabbed a pen, then she wrote something below the words that she first saw earlier.

Will my love search for me too when I'm gone?

I will.

She blushed and closed the book, throwing it to the side of her bed. She drove off to sleep afterwards.

≈≈≈≈≈

"Thank you for letting me borrow it, unnie," Taeyeon said as she handed to book to Jaeyoon the next day at school. Jaeyoon smiled and took it. Taeyeon left the library immediately as her business is done here.

Jaeyoon, being her usual self, didn't check the book and just put it on top of other books in the desk.

Xiumin entered the library followed by the squeals of the girls. He smiled to all the girls and scoffed as soon as he reached a place where they can't see.
"Jaeyoon-ah," Xiumin said. Jaeyoon looked up to him. "I want to borrow the Son of Neptune again."

"Okay, here," Jaeyoon said as she handed the book that Taeyeon borrowed earlier. Xiumin grabbed it and he calmly opened the pages.

I will.

His eyes widened seeing the writing. Someone replied to him.
"Jaeyoon-ah, who borrowed this book before me?" Xiumin asked Jaeyoon.
"Taeyeon did," Jaeyoon calmly said.

Xiumin's mouth opened. He looked at the book for a while, before smiling.

Thank you, Taeyeon-ah.

 

 


Author's Notes: Double update woohooo~! Did you enjoy it, everyone? :] I know Taeyeon's past is still unclear, but probably some of you could already guess what happened? ;)

Oh right, another poster made by me up there. If you like it, find me here, here, here, here, or here to request a poster from me ;;) Comments and subscribes are loved! Or better yet, please leave a comment OTL give me feedback or whatever, guise!