. 016

Vulnerable

“Alright!” Taeyeon said as she zipped her bags. It’s Tuesday and she can finally go home from the hospital. She missed practice so much, and she wants to practice as soon as she steps into school. The competition is drawing near and she wants to be the best.

“Are you finished, Taeyeon-ah?” Taemin asked from the hospital room’s door. Taeyeon nodded and Taemin entered the room. He picked the bag up and crossed it in his shoulder. “Let’s go.”

Taemin walked out from the room as Taeyeon followed. She bowed and smiled to the nurses that took care of her and bid goodbye to them. She followed Taemin to his car. Taemin put the bags in the back seat as he headed towards the driver seat.

Taeyeon went to the passenger’s seat and sat on it. She peeked to Taemin’s serious face. Why isn’t he talking at all?
“Oppa..” Taeyeon called.
“Hmm?” Taemin muttered while driving.

Taeyeon fidgeted.
“Why are you so quiet?” Taeyeon asked. Taemin stayed silent for a while before smiling.
“Nothing,” Taemin calmly said. Taeyeon pouted and crossed her arms.

“Then say something..” Taeyeon whispered. Taemin chuckled while keeping his eyes on the road.

“No, really. It’s nothing,” Taemin replied. Taeyeon stared at him before returning to face front.

The silence filled the car while Taemin drove home. None of them said a word at all to each other. Taeyeon was itching to say something but there was no topic either.

A few minutes later, they arrived at their house. Taeyeon got down from the car and waited for Taemin to finish picking up her bag. They walked towards the house together. It has only been 2 years since Taeyeon and Taemin started living with each other again, so it was quite awkward.

“Oppa, pick me up a little late tomorrow,” Taeyeon said. Taemin nodded. Even though Taeyeon just recovered, Taemin knew that it’s no use to convince Taeyeon to take a rest. She would just run away to do what she wants to do.

Taeyeon hopped into the house energetically. Taemin shook his head in disbelief and chuckled seeing his sister hopping here and there after being discharged from the hospital.

"Taeyeon-ah," Taemin called. Taeyeon turned around to Taemin. "Go sleep now." Taeyeon was about to argue when Taemin glared at her. She then ran to her bedroom.

"That kid," Taemin shook his head once again before putting down the bags on the living room and heads to his own room.

≈≈≈≈≈

"Bye oppa!" Taeyeon waved to Taemin in front of school gates. She walked to her class, finally attending school after a day. She entered her class cheerfully not caring of her surroundings.

She saw Jina sitting on her usual desk and she grinned. She creeped behind Jina carefully.

"I know you are behind me, don't bother surprising me," Jina said calmly. Taeyeon stopped and pouted.
"How did you know?" Taeyeon asked as she took a sit besides Jina.
Jina rolled her eyes. "You're always noisy."

Taeyeon chuckled as she finished preparing for school. "Did you miss me?"
Jina stared at Taeyeon for a while before scoffing. Taeyeon gasped at Jina's reaction.

"What does that mean?" Taeyeon asked with puppy eyes. Jina ignored her and continue reading like what she just did. Taeyeon pouted again and sat straight afterwards.

≈≈≈≈≈

"Do you want to go to the canteen?" Jina asked as the break time finally came. Taeyeon shook her head and Jina frowned.
"I want to practice," Taeyeon said. Jina widened her eyes hearing it.

“What? You just got out from the hospital and you want to practice?” Jina asked. Taeyeon grinned and nodded. Jina sighed and stood up from her seat. "Okay, just don't push yourself."

Taeyeon nodded and put up an OK sign. Jina shook her head in disbelief as she left the class. Taeyeon stood up too and carried her practice clothes bag. She headed to the sports hall once again. Before entering it, she changed her clothes in the nearby toilet quickly.

She opened the hall's door and her eyes immediately widened. Xiumin is sitting in the place where she usually practiced. He was looking up the ceiling when she came in. He caught a glimpse of Taeyeon and jumped.

"Hey!" Xiumin grinned and waved. Taeyeon raised a brow as she walked towards him. "Don't mind me, just practice." Xiumin said smiling.

Taeyeon went to her usual position took out all of her things. She stretched for a bit before getting ready for her practice.

"The competition is getting near, huh?" Xiumin asked as Taeyeon threw the first arrow. She didn't answer and just nodded. She is completely focused on her practice.

"How many times have you participated in a competition?" Xiumin asked again.
"Two.." Taeyeon muttered as she released the second arrow. It was actually quite disturbing for Xiumin to keep asking like this.

"Woah awesome, you hit the center," Xiumin said in awe.
Taeyeon turned around in annoyance, "Sunbae, please--" Taeyeon got cut off as she realized that Xiumin is right beside her. Very close, even. The space between their faces is just a few inches. Taeyeon blinked her eyes in surprise. She took a step back afterwards.

Xiumin chuckled.
"Well then, sorry for disturbing you. I just want to see your face," Xiumin winked. He then left Taeyeon alone in the hall.

Taeyeon got stunned before shaking her head violently. Practice. She thought as she went back to practice.

≈≈≈≈≈

A week later, the competition day...

Taeyeon walked continuously in her house. She is pretty anxious as today is the competition day already.

"Are you ready, Taeyeon? Let's go to the competition place," Taemin called her from outside. Taeyeon jumped in surprise.
"Yes! Please wait!" She shouted. Taeyeon took a deep breath. She closed her eyes trying to calm her beating heart. It is her third time entering a competition but she's still nervous.

I can do this.

She opened her eyes and took a deep breath again. She turned the doorknob to go outside.
"I'm ready!"

 

 


Author's Notes: It has been a while, wasn't it? :'D AFF got down so my author's note disappeared lol. It actually helps a lot. Though maybe you are disappointed with the short chapter, I'm happy to say I'm on a 10 days holiday! n_n I hope I can update more within this times. I hope AFF comes back soon sobs Oh right, by the way I think I won't make a chapter title from now on. I'm lost just because of the title :(