Riding Taeyeon Home

Vulnerable

Xiumin was strolling around the school halls when he sees Taeyeon walking towards the stairs. She is completely into her phone that she didn't even see the stairs.

Xiumin hurriedly came to her and pulled her to his embrace.

Taeyeon looked up with eyes widened in shock. When her eyes met Xiumin's, he could feel her tense loosened.
"What are you doing?!" Xiumin scolded her. "You almost fell, you know?"

Taeyeon took a glance at the stairs and then back to Xiumin. "Sorry, sunbae..." she said apologetically.

Xiumin softened seeing Taeyeon like this, like he couldn't get mad at her at all. He patted Taeyeon's head lightly.

Suddenly Taeyeon's phone ringed. She took a look at it and picked it up.
"Hello?" Taeyeon said. "Oppa? What's wrong?"

Xiumin waited for her call to end.
"Oh, that's okay, oppa. I can go home by bus," Taeyeon said. Xiumin's eyes widened upon hearing it. Then suddenly a loud voice can be heard from the phone and Taeyeon jumped.

Xiumin frowned at Taeyeon's sudden jump. Then Taeyeon took a glance at Xiumin before continuing the call. "Yeah, I'm with Xiumin sunbae right now." she said as Xiumin looked at her in confusion.

Suddenly she gave the phone to Xiumin and he received it. He carefully put the phone in his left ear. "Hello?"
"
Hello? Minseok-ah?" Taemin said over the phone. "Sorry if this is too much to ask, but can you drive Taeyeon home? I'm going to be finished in 15 minutes or so but it will be a long way to school and I don't want her to take a bus."

Xiumin's face brightened and he grinned.
"Sure, hyung. You can count on me," Xiumin said as he hung up the call. Taeyeon got pretty shocked because he hung up suddenly. Xiumin gave the phone back to Taeyeon and she put it back on her pocket.

Then suddenly Xiumin grabbed her hand.
He smiled at the confused Taeyeon. "I'm going to ride you home," he said.

 

≈≈≈≈≈

Xiumin dragged Taeyeon to a pearl white small car in the parking lot, opened the passenger's door for her and let her in. Then he himself went to the driver's seat.

He closed the door and fastened his seatbelt.
"Alright, where's your house?" Xiumin asked, starting the engines.

Taeyeon told him the way and he nodded. The way home is quite awkward as none of them speak at all.

Xiumin looked so serious and Taeyeon didn't dare to say anything. Partially because she herself doesn't know what to say either. And she kind of liking the silence.

"Ah, it's here," Taeyeon said pointing at her house. Xiumin pulled over and stopped in front of the house. Both of them came out from the car in the same time.

"Thank you very much sunbaenim, sorry to bother you," Taeyeon said politely while bowing.
Xiumin grinned and shook his head. "Don't worry, I wanted to do this, remember?" he smiled. "And sorry for being so quiet in the car, it's my habit to concentrate on the road while driving."

Taeyeon smiled back. "It's okay. Have a safe trip going back, sunbaenim."

Xiumin waved and got in his car then drove off.

Taeyeon waited for him to get out of sight before entering the house.

She entered the house and took off her shoes, walking off to the living room.
And there he is, Taemin.

Taeyeon jumped seeing Taemin, as if she saw a ghost or something.
"Oppa? I thought you had something going on!" Taeyeon said rubbing her chest to calm the beating heart.
Taemin grinned. "I just arrived five minutes ago."

"You should have picked me up then," Taeyeon pouted. Taemin laughed and got up.

"Now that you're home then I will go to my room," Taemin said walking to his room. Taeyeon nodded as Taemin passed by her and ruffled her hair. Taeyeon pouted again as he did that.

After Taemin closed his room's door, Taeyeon walked to her room. She sniffed her body and frowned.
"I should take a shower," Taeyeon sighed.

≈≈≈≈≈

Along the way back into his house, Xiumin can't help but think a lot of things. His eyes are 100% focused on the road but his mind wanders everywhere.

He finally arrived home after a long 20 minutes trip. Xiumin's house is just average, not too big but not small either. It has 2 levels and the garden is huge.

He opened his house's door to suddenly be greeted by someone.
"How dare you left me in school," Luhan frowned. "Where were you?"
Xiumin chuckled while taking off his shoes. "Long story," he answered.

"Come on. Lay, Kris, Tao, and Chen are waiting upstairs," Luhan said gesturing Xiumin to follow him.
Xiumin frowned but he followed anyway. "What are they waiting for?'

"You. Now let's go!" Luhan pulled Xiumin and walked a bit faster.

Xiumin shrugged but he followed Luhan. "This is their home too. Why act like I'm the owner?"
"Because you are the old man," Luhan said trying to hold his laugh.

"What are you going to do to me?" Xiumin asked.
"Pfftt," Luhan chuckled at Xiumin's question. "We won't steam you, Baozi. Rest assured."

Luhan opened a room at the left side of the stairs, revealing Tao and Chen who were playing video games with Lay and Kris sitting in the bed, reading a book.

Lay caught a glimpse of Luhan and Xiumin and he straightened up immediately. He poked Kris' body and Kris soon straightened up too.

"Why, hello," Kris said smirking. He then threw a pillow to the playing Tao and Chen.

"Ouch!" Chen yelled. He and Tao looked up to see Xiumin and Luhan. They paused the game and put down the controller stick.

The 5 of them--including Luhan are smiling mischievously at Xiumin, who got more confused instead.

"Uhh.. What do you want?" Xiumin shrugged and asked.

 

 


Author's Notes: Finally~ I got a bit of an author block these days lol. The review I got from TiaraL helped for me to improve the storyline and grammar more. Forevel thankful! Anyway, I wrote a TaeKai oneshot, check it out in my stories :] Hope you like this chapter! (even though it's shorter than the others sobs) Comment and feedbacks are appreciated <3 NO, I mean, PLEASE COMMENT. I will love you so much if you do~

Uhmm, find me here: x / x / x / x / x / x / x if you like my graphics and want to request ;D