Practicing

Vulnerable

Taeyeon walked outside her class because she needs to use the toilet.

She enters the toilet that is already occupied by some girls that are correcting their makeup and hair. She didn't take a look at them and immediately enter the empty cabin.

The girls eyed her viciously as she enters the cabin. When she came out, they are already waiting outside with unlikeable faces.
"Yah, new kid. Who are you to think that you can get close to Xiumin oppa and Luhan oppa?" the girl in the center said. They cornered the confused Taeyeon in the toilet. But they are seriously wrong at choosing someone to mess with.

Taeyeon bumped the wall and looked at the girls one by one.
"Don't. Ever. Get. Closer. To. EXO. Members." the center girl said again, emphasizing every word. Taeyeon got silent for a bit then she smirked and laughed. "WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING?!"
Taeyeon hold down her laugh. "Well, maybe because you can't talk properly?"
The girl blushed and said, "How am I can't talk properly?!"

Taeyeon pretended to think for a bit. "You can't even say one sentences without giving a full-stop between every word."
"WHAT?!" the girl shouted at Taeyeon, but she remained unmoved.

Another girl behind the first girl pulled her and glared at Taeyeon, "Our point is, don't get close to EXO oppas!"

"Oh? Who are you to decide, I wonder?" Taeyeon said carelessly, looking at her nails. Her dark side is starting to come out. A dark side that will only come out when she's extremely angry and it's 180 degrees different from her usual self.

"..YOU!" the first girl rushed towards Taeyeon that is still calm and relaxed. Taeyeon then calmly grabbed the girl's right hand that was ready to slap her. She pulled the girl towards her and smirked.

"Oh unnie," Taeyeon said whispering into the girl's ear. "I know martial arts, you know?" she continued as she squeezed the girl's hand.

The girl whined in pain. Taeyeon lets go of her hand and walked out of the toilet as the girl's friends tried to calm the girl.

The bell then ringed, signs of school coming to an end. Taeyeon tried to calm herself down by constantly fanning herself and lets out some winds from . She obviously haven't let her true self come out these days. But it never crossed her mind that she will do so in school.

"You have a practice today?" Jina asked. Taeyeon nodded. "Well then, bye." Jina waved goodbye and then she walked out by herself.

Taeyeon collected her stuffs and put them inside her bag. Then she walked out of class and heads to sports hall. Once she reached there, she grabbed her practice clothes and went to the hall's toilet to change. After she finished changing, she came back to the hall and put down her uniform to her bag.

She looked around to see that there's nobody, just like the first day she's here. She is the only representative from the school for this competition, and maybe her seniors aren't so serious in archery.

She stretched before beginning her practice. She grabbed the bow and put the bag of arrows in her back. She then began practicing.

Taeyeon shot the arrows, and it always hit the center. Don't know why she kept practicing anyway. After 10 arrows, she went ahead to take the arrows back. When she heads back to her original position, Xiumin is there.

Taeyeon jumped from shock. Xiumin smiled as if there's nothing wrong. Taeyeon froze in her current position, afraid to walk closer to him when there's no Jina or any girl around.

Xiumin realized this and quickly took out something from his pocket.

It's a huge ribbon, gold colored. Xiumin put it on top of his head and smiled again. Taeyeon stared at him for a while, before smiling. Xiumin sighed in relief as Taeyeon went to her original position to  practice more.

"Is there a competition coming?" Xiumin asked the concentrated Taeyeon. She remained unmoved and practice.
"Yes, two weeks from now," Taeyeon said while she shot an arrow. It missed the center by a centimeter. She frowned. It was unusual for her to miss. She shot an arrow again and it hit the center now.

"Ohh, no wonder you are diligently practicing ever since the first day," Xiumin said again as Taeyeon shot an arrow once more. This time it missed again.

Taeyeon raised a brow and thought maybe she's too exhausted. She decided to take a break for a while before starting again.

She sat at the nearby bench, trying to think what's wrong with her. Xiumin followed her and sat beside her. He peeked at Taeyeon's face that looks tired.

"Are you okay? You shouldn't push yourself too hard," Xiumin asked concerned. He is still wearing the big ribbon, and Taeyeon stared at that ribbon. Xiumin seems to realize what Taeyeon was staring at and he grinned. "Do you want to wear it? I still have one more." He said as he reached his pocket again, revealing another big pink ribbon. (a/n: okay I don't know how a ribbon that big would fit the pocket but who cares lol)

Taeyeon chuckled, but she didn't answer. Xiumin acts fast and stood up in front of Taeyeon. He put the ribbon on top of Taeyeon's head as she froze.

"Done! You look cute!" Xiumin said clapping his hands happily.

Taeyeon smiled a little as she touched the big ribbon. Xiumin stared at her, admiring her smile that she rarely shows to men.

Suddenly he caressed her soft cheeks and smiled softly, making Taeyeon freeze once again. Taeyeon stared at him, eyes opened wide.

"Ah I have to go~ Bye Taeyeon-ah!" Xiumin said as he turned around and ran away as fast as he can.

Taeyeon stared at the door as Xiumin went out. She shook her head and stood up, ready to practice again.
"Should I put off this ribbon.." Taeyeon said as she touched the big ribbon. "Ah nevermind, it won't affect my practice anyway."

She continued her practice with her ribbon still on. Sure enough, it really didn't affect her in any way. It's quite heavy though..

You look cute! Suddenly she remembered Xiumin's voice again as she missed an arrow. She shook her head and looked down. What's wrong with me, seriously.

 

 


Author's Notes: Double update~!! Do you like it everyone? :3 I appreciate all your comments but please comment about the chapter, not just "update soon" :( because honestly it didn't really boost up my motivation to write lol. But thanks anyway! And check out my apply fanfic, QLTY; J.Tune Camp's New Girlgroup!