Scholarship

Vulnerable

"A post!" the postman said. A girl with long wavy black hair came out from the house.

The girl smiled as the postman went away with his motorbike. She picked the mails up and start to see through it one by one. Then she encountered a sky blue envelope with the logo SM engraved on it. The girl's eyes widened and she turned to the house.

"Oppa!" she shouted as she ran to the house. "Taemin oppa!"

A tall and thin guy with pretty face and short dark brown hair immediately went out of his room, panicked.
"What? What happened?" Taemin asked the girl. The girl just jumped up and down and showed him the envelope she got before. Taemin's eyes widened. "Taeyeon-ah, is that...?"

Taeyeon nodded enthusiastically. "Open it!" Taemin ordered.

Taeyeon opened the envelope and took out the letter inside. She read it out loud.
"Lee Taeyeon-ssi, with this letter, we inform you that you are enrolled in Star Museum High School with a full scholarship," Taeyeon said. Her jaw dropped and she looked at Taemin with both eyes opened wide. Apparently Taemin's jaw dropped too.

Taemin immediately hugged Taeyeon and swings her around. "You did it, Taeyeon-ah!"
"Yes! I got to enter your high school, oppa!" Taeyeon said cheerfully.

Suddenly Taemin looked concerned. "But, are you sure you're okay? It's a co-ed school, you know?"
Taeyeon chuckled, "I knew that even before I registered, oppa. It will work out.. somehow."
"Really?" Taemin asked again.
Taeyeon nodded assuringly, "Maybe I could get better too by entering that school."

Taemin smiled and rubbed Taeyeon's head. "Immediately tell me if there's something wrong, okay?"
Taeyeon smiled back and nodded.

"Oh right, Kibum hyung's sister also went to that school. Make friends with her, alright?" Taemin said.
Taeyeon frowned. "Kibum oppa had a sister? Who?"
"Jina," Taemin said again. "How could you forget?"
"Oh, Jina!" Taeyeon clapped her hands as she said it. "Well I only met her one time, oppa."

Taemin scoffed and went back to his room laughing as Taeyeon pouted.

≈≈≈≈≈

It's a clear morning the day Taeyeon going to SM High School. She wore her uniform already, it is a bright pink blazer and a white skirt with blue and pink stripes.

"Oppa, I'm going!" Taeyeon shouted.
"Yes~ Safe trip!" Taemin shouted back from inside.

Taeyeon walked out from her house, bringing the archery tools with her. It was said that she will immediately joining the club and preparing for the competition soon. It's quite heavy but she's already used to it.

The trip from her house to the school is actually not that far, she just have to ride the bus for one stop. When she arrived, she quickly went out, all sweats coming out. The bus was full of guys, and she's not comfortable at all inside. The guys sometimes tries to flirts with her, only to be ignored.

She walked a bit from the bus stop to the school gate, and finally found it. The school was not that big, but it's not that small either. Taeyeon smiled and starts walking inside, when suddenly a girl appeared in front of her.

"Are you Taeyeon?" the girl asked. She is beautiful, but intimidating. She looks uncomfortable with the current situation. Her hair is straight and long, tied sideways.
Taeyeon stared at the girl, admiring the beauty before the girl cleared and glared at her. "Uhm, yes. And who are you?" Taeyeon replied.

The girl sighed in relief. She held out a hand and smiled a bit, "I'm Kim Jina, Kibum's sister. Nice to meet you."
Oh so this is Jina, Taeyeon thought. She reached Jina's hand and said, "Hello, Jina. I'm Lee Taeyeon. Nice to meet you too."

"Come with me, I'm in charge of you," Jina said, gesturing Taeyeon to follow her. Suddenly she groaned and whispered, "Tell me again why am I doing this.."
"I'm sorry?" Taeyeon asked, not hearing what Jina said previously.
Jina returned to her face before answering, "Nothing."

≈≈≈≈≈

In another room, where the best 12: second generation or simply called EXO gathers, a guy with short hair and chubby cheeks sighed.

"Baozi, what's wrong?" another guy came to him and asked him. He's baby-faced and has a curly brown hair.
The 'Baozi' looked at him before saying, "I have nothing to do, Luhan."
Luhan shrugged and said, "Well today is only the opening of new school's term so.."
"Give me something to do!" the 'Baozi' whined. Luhan immediately gave him the rubix cube. "Anything but that please."

Luhan laughed and sits beside the 'Baozi'. Suddenly another guy with black hair and slightly dark skin passed by.
"Xiumin hyung, if you are bored, why don't you look around the clubs? Some of it started today," the guy said. The 'Baozi' name turned out to be Xiumin.
Xiumin's eyes brightened and he gets up immediately. "Nice idea, Kai! I'm going now!" Xiumin ran without looking back, leaving Luhan and Kai behind.

"Why did you suggest that?" Luhan said. Kai raised his shoulders grinning and walked off.

≈≈≈≈≈

"Uhh where should I start.." Xiumin said as he walked around the school grounds. He passed by the backyard where the cheerleading club is now practicing. The girls squealed as he passed by, and he just smiled at them. Pfft, girls.

Xiumin walked past the backyard and now entering the sports club hall. He looked around and finds no one, he sighed and prepared to leave when he heard a sound of arrow being shot. He looked back and walked further, hoping to find something interesting inside.

Instead, he found a girl doing archery by herself. It was Taeyeon. I have never seen her before. Is she a junior?

Taeyeon lowered her stance and controlled her breath. She looked around because she got bored practicing by herself. Then her eyes met Xiumin's.

Xiumin nervously waved his hands and said, "Hi?"
Taeyeon held her breath and quickly got up. She picked her stuffs up and walked to the door where Xiumin is, passing him by with a pale face.

Xiumin shrugged. "What's her problem? Why was she so pale?"

≈≈≈≈≈

Taeyeon ran away with all the strength she has at that moment. She arrived at the restroom, quickly changed her practice clothes into her uniform. Then she walked to her class, 1-A. She opened the door to be greeted by Jina.
"What took you so long?" Jina scolded. But she saw Taeyeon's pale face and immediately concerned. "What's wrong? Are you sick?"
Taeyeon hugged her, trying to calm herself down. "No.."

Jina shrugged and patted Taeyeon's head. "Are you still not comfortable with guys?"
"....Kind of," Taeyeon said.

 

≈≈≈≈≈

Xiumin entered the EXO room lazily. Luhan frowned. He's usually very cheerful and annoying, why is he so quiet today?

"Do you enjoy your walk?" Luhan asked.
Xiumin stared at Luhan, soulless. "Do you know a junior that do archery, Luhan?"
Luhan raised a brow because Xiumin asked him back. He thought about it for a while before answering, "I know. Why?"
Xiumin's eyes brightened, "What's her name?"
"Lee Taeyeon, she entered the school with full scholarship for archery. Why?" Luhan asked again, getting impatient because none of his questions are answered. "It's rare to see you interested in girls."

Xiumin clapped his hands like an excited seal. "You will know soon."

Then Xiumin left jumping up and down, while Luhan can only stare at him weirdly.

 

 


Author's Notes: Woohoo~! First chapter of Vulnerable! Kind of cheesy, no? I hope you like this :]
And as for Say Hello, I think I will have to make it into hiatus. Sorry :(
And!! Yes, I used SHINee~ I hope you all don't mind? :p Only three EXO members are introduced in this chapter. Look forward to the others!

Thank you for reading <3