chapter 8*

What am I to do for you to love me?

 

It’s like any ordinary day at school; the teacher was explaining some formula.

 

Victoria was mindless what's happening in the class.

 

Someone from behind was observing her. Khun finds it so unusual that Victoria acting so quiet, and somehow it disappoints him that she just look through him when they saw each other at the parking lot, she usually taunts her with if he accepts that he is hers and gave in already, but today nothing like that happens...goodness what's wrong with him, why is he disappointed that she ignored him aaissh... its good thing that she didn't do that...right?...yeah right... that's  right , she maybe plotting something...Yoona seems to be distancing herself  from him... I wonder what she did for Yoona to actually succumb to her.

 

"Victoria, please answer this equation" says the teacher

 

"Victoria"

 

"Victoria" said the teacher repeatedly.

 

A classmate taps her from behind. She looks behind confused,  she pointed at their teacher.

 

The teacher motioned for her to answer what’s in the board. Victoria a little disoriented stand up glancing to the whole class as she proceed up front.

 

Khun look intently to Victoria she seems not herself, I wonder what’s wrong.

 

Someone also was watching Victoria, Yoona, she's worrying about Victoria, she  looks okay but is she really okay, she's quiet...too quiet... and different in such a way.

 

Victoria answers the equation without a sweat.

 

"I’m done, Teacher" she informed. The teacher looks at her work and nod satisfied at her answer.

 

"Good" the teacher was about to pat her shoulder to praise her, but she flinched at the action. The teacher looked confused but let it slide.

 

Yoona and Khun see that little incident.

 

Khun was surprised and a bit worried, she never acted that way.

 

Yoona whispered she is not okay yet, she putting up a front....ahhhh...that bastard. Yoona clenched her teeth in anger.

 

----------------------

 

Break at last Victoria thought, she wants to get away from the noise...she was on her way to the garden, when she saw her father standing at the hall. He just looks at her and signaled to follow him. She just followed; somehow she knows what will happen

 

PAK

 

She thought she knew but didn't, as soon her father was sure that the place is secluded enough he faced her and slapped her. He never have raised his hand on her, only now it shocked her and the pain she felt that night resurfaced and at the same time anger arises.

 

"What did you do, why Mr. Kim is filing a complaint for injuring him, it’s only this time that I send you  to represent the company and you… what did you do" his voice raised because of anger " shame" he shouted.

 

"He deserved what he got" still holding her hurt cheek, it tingles, she said in a calm steady voice, slowly she raised her head and looked at her father's eyes with a cold stare and hate

"His an idiotic egoistic harassing dirty old bastard" tears started to form in her eyes, that she blink a few times to stop it from falling and added in such bitterness that she seems to taste it in her tongue "and you should have at least given me a head start that I’m being sold to the highest bidder, then maybe I've had prepared myself to endure that maniac"  The old man cringed or so she thought at her words.

 

"What?" shocked on the old man's face, but Victoria didn't see it for she turns her back on him, for she can't hold the tears from falling.

 

"I know you hated me for being born and a living proof of her infidelity, but I didn't know you hated me this much," she said, it’s a miracle she didn't stutter the words.

 

"I didn't....sor..." her father started to say. He tried to touch her shoulder she flinched.

 

"Don't ...." Victoria cut his words, "we both know you didn't even mean it"

 

Without waiting to be dismissed she walks away from that place before her resolve would weaken...

 

"Just a little more, Victoria, just a little more just until you turn right at that corner...far enough to let the tears flow and cries out all the pain" says Victoria to herself.

 

"Oh God...please...just a little more" she prayed for strength

 

When she turned and felt it safe to release the emotions deep inside her, she lay her head at the post and let the tears to flow and let a sound escape her. All she ever wanted is for him to notice her...to glance at her...to acknowledge her existence...to love her as every father love their daughters. Her pent up emotion, pain from the past...from last Friday's ugly memories and today's painful slap...it’s like telling her he could never accept her...

 

"You know, lying on my shoulder is much better than that cold post" a warm soft voice says from behind. She quickly looks who said it.

 

Yoona hold her gaze to Victoria not letting go she walks towards her side and offered her shoulders to her. As if in trance Victoria lays her head at what is offered. The gesture...warm...somehow reaches her heart...for this person have seen her lowest and offered something that only few have given her...comfort...

 

----------

 

The door opens and Yoona burst inside her father's office, the person inside jumps off with the sudden appearance of her daughter, she quickly went to him and embraced him so tight as if she haven't seen him for a long time

 

"Hey, what’s wrong?" he asked%3