Falling For You

Key-Umma is Better

 

“Why did you do that?” Taemin asked.

 

“Do what?” Key asked.

 

“Why did you tell Se Kyung-noona to make Jonghyun-hyung dinner?” Taemin asked.

 

“It’s her Valentine’s Day gift to him,” Key replied.

 

Taemin shook his head, “Umma, that’s YOUR gift to him. You always make his favorite foods for him on Valentine’s Day.”

 

Key sighed and said, “It’s Valentine’s Day, Taeminnie. I’m sure Jonghyun-hyung would love it if she cooked for him.”

 

“But umma, what about you?”

 

Taemin’s question caught Key off guard.

 

“What about me?” Key asked.

 

“All you’re worrying about is Jonghyun-hyung’s happiness. What about you, umma? You shouldn’t sacrifice your happiness for his,” Taemin softly said.

 

Key closed his eyes and replied brokenly, “I want him to be happy.”

 

“Key-hyung,” Taemin paused.

 

Key looked up. Taemin only called him hyung when it was urgent.

 

“I want you to be happy, hyung.”

 


 

Key sighed as he stared up at the ceiling. It was the middle of the night and he couldn’t sleep. Jonghyun-hyung had come back beaming. When Key had asked him why he was so happy, Jonghyun had hugged him and said, “Se Kyung’s giving me a surprise on Valentine’s!”

 

Key had forced a smile and said, “Good for you, hyung! I bet you’ll love it!”

 

Key knew Jonghyun-hyung would love it. After all, he had been giving him the same present every year. Taemin’s words suddenly came to mind and Key gave a sad smile as tears trailed down his cheeks.

 


 

Over the next couple of days, Jonghyun-hyung was as happy as can be and Key-umma faked his smile more often. Taemin had wanted to talk to Jonghyun-hyung, but Key-umma would always stop him. One day, Manager-hyung had pulled Taemin aside and told him he would be heading to Hawaii the next day to learn more dance moves from professionals there. Unfortunately, Taemin would be away for a week and would not be back until after Valentine’s Day. Onew and Minho had to host Music Core together on Valentine’s as well. The only one home would be Key considering Jonghyun was going to Se Kyung’s house.

 

When Taemin boarded the plane the next day, he looked out at the sky and wished everyone could have a happy Valentine’s Day. That wasn’t too much to ask, right?

 


 

“Oof!”

 

Taemin’s arms instinctively wrapped around the figure that crashed into him. Helping that person regain their balance, Taemin found himself staring at a girl with her long brown hair tied into a ponytail.

 

She looked up at him apologizing, “I’m so sorry! Are you alright?”

 

Taemin saw the surprise on her face when she finally looked up at him. He saw her face lit up in delight before she once again asked, “Are you alright? I’m sorry for crashing into you. Umm…I hope you understand me.”

 

Taemin laughed. He might not understand a lot of English, but he knew what she said. He nodded at her and asked, “Are you a fan?”

 

The girl nodded before offering her hand, “I’m Maggie, and I’m a huge fan.”

 

Taemin smiled and shook her hand. Although he knew she knew who he was, he still introduced himself.

 

“Taemin-ah!” his manager called.

 

Turning to his manager, Taemin told him he would be right there before turning back to Maggie.

 

“It was really nice to meet you! I hope I’ll see you again!” Maggie smiled at him before waving. She knew he had to leave and might not have understood what she said, but that was fine. Maggie was just happy to meet him.

 

 


For the next few days, Taemin’s mind often drifted back to the girl he had met. He was surprised by her. One, he hadn’t thought he’d actually meet a fan in Hawaii. Two, she was really pretty. He loved her long hair and she smelled like vanilla. Her beautiful brown eyes were framed by glasses and they seemed to have sparkled with happiness. Taemin hoped he would see her again.


“What about this one?” Jonghyun asked.

 

He held up a necklace with two hollowed hearts looped together. Key walked over to where Jonghyun was looking at the necklaces. He had been jewelry shopping with Jonghyun for the past few hours. They had been looking for Se Kyung’s Valentine’s Day gift. Key had rejected every piece of jewelry Jonghyun had picked and this necklace was no different. Key sighed and walked away from Jonghyun. He walked over the bracelets section and looked around. Key couldn’t believe he was helping the man he loved look for a Valentine’s present for another woman. As Key looked over at Jonghyun, he saw the happiness radiating off of the vocalist. Well, Key was happy Jonghyun was happy. He liked to see him smile. Key turned back around and looked at the bracelets. Immediately, he found his gaze drawn to a single bangle styled bracelet. It was sterling silver and featured two hearts. One heart was awash in dazzling round diamonds and the other was pink gold. It was a beautiful and elegant bracelet. Key motioned Jonghyun over and showed him the bracelet. (Click Here)

 

“That’s beautiful Key! I’m sure she’ll love it!” Jonghyun said before purchasing the bracelet.

 

Key smiled at Jonghyun. Although his heart ached when he thought about his love for Jonghyun, he wasn’t sorry for falling for him. He was happy he fell for someone as wonderful as the vocalist. He was happy to be Jonghyun’s best friend.


Hello :D I'm so incredibly sorry for this late update >< I made it longer hoping you'll forgive me >< I decided to keep the Heads Up part as a separate chapter. It would be tiring to repeatedly post it. I know, I know, you're all thinking, "How would that be tiring?! You're just copying and pasting!" That's not true :] Although the words are almost exactly the same when I reply to all of you, (which I will get to!...soon ><) I retype it each time :] You all take the time to read my story and comment, so it wouldn't be fair if I simply copy and pasted my thanks :] 

I introduced a new character. Maggie :D If you've read my other story, 'Hidden Love' (which I have to finish editing and update the rest of the chapters ^^;) then you know I've used the name Maggie before. I couldn't decide whether to pair Taemin with Minho or a new character. I picked a new character. Hopefully, in the future, I'll write a 2min fic :]

...okay, this is getting long...

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER :D