Effect on me

Key-Umma is Better

 

Lying awake in bed, Jonghyun stared up at the ceiling. His mind was clouded with thoughts of today’s events. As he thought back to the song he and Key were writing, Jonghyun wondered about the meaning of the song. When he had first started on the song, it had been about Se Kyung and how he felt for her before their relationship started. Jonghyun had planned to write about how he felt from before their relationship and his feelings now. However, as he thought more and more about the lyrics, Jonghyun realized its meaning had changed. It was no longer about Se Kyung, but about Key. Ever since their ‘Pocky Kiss,’ Jonghyun had felt differently for Key. He just didn’t know what those feelings meant, but he knew Key had an effect on him. Sighing, Jonghyun grabbed the notebook with the lyrics and a reading lamp. Turning on the lamp, he read over the lyrics once more. Jonghyun found himself drawn to Key’s lyrics.

 

“I don’t understand this effect that you have on me.”

 

“This hold you have over me, am I able to escape?”

 

“I find myself falling deeper and deeper.”

 

“Will these feelings ever fade?”

 

“Do you even know how much you affect me?”

 

These lyrics, they were filled with so much emotion; confusion, love, desperation, frustration. As Jonghyun continued to stare at the lyrics, he wondered, “Is this…about me?” Was Key writing about his own feelings? He really needed to talk to his best friend and figure out his feelings.


 

“Ugh!” Taemin expressed when he landed on the floor.

 

“Are you alright, Taemin?” Jinki-hyung asked.

 

“Yes, I’m fine,” Taemin replied as he picked himself up off the floor. SHINee was practicing their new choreography once more and Taemin had tripped and fallen.

 

“Let’s take a break soon. We should eat lunch,” Jinki-hyung suggested. Everyone nodded and they decided to order take-out. After ordering their food, they returned to practicing the new dance steps. Their food would be arriving in half an hour.

 

As they were all tired, the members fooled around while doing the dance steps. They all knew the steps by heart and were only practicing because they wanted it to be absolutely perfect when they perform. After joking around for half an hour, Jonghyun said he would go get the food. Everyone else nodded and returned to what they were doing. Key walked toward his bag to get his water bottle when he noticed Jonghyun’s wallet on top of his bag,

 

Sighing, Key said, “I’m going to go give Jonghyun-hyung his wallet. I’ll be right back.”

 

“Okay,” everyone chorused. Key walked to the door and opened it only to be crashed into by Jonghyun. Both boys lost their balance and fell to the floor. Key groaned when he landed on the hard floor. However, he was quickly silenced by a pair of lips. Eyes wide, Key stared at the vocalist. Jonghyun scrambled to get off of Key and grabbed his fallen wallet in the process before exiting the room. Key was still in a daze when he got up. He turned back around to walk toward the other members only to see Taemin smiling at him, Minho’s eyes wide in shock, and Jinki staring with an amused expression. Key knew why his son was smiling, and why Minho was shocked, but he wondered why Jinki-hyung was so amused.

 

“What?” he asked.

 

“For once, I’m not the one falling down,” he replied, eliciting laughs from everyone.


 

Things were awkward between Key and Jonghyun for the next couple of days, but the two quickly got over their embarrassment as their comeback got closer and closer. The members all practiced extra hard and things returned to normal. However, their manager surprised them when he informed them that they would be heading to China once more before their comeback. There was a festival and SHINee was invited to attend. When they landed in China, they grabbed their passports and waited in line at customs. Once each member was done, they would wait by the gate to baggage claim until everyone had gathered. Taemin was in the process of putting his passport back into his bag when someone bumped into him. Instinctively reaching out, Taemin steadied the person. He was surprised to smell a scent of vanilla and immediately looked at the person who had bumped into him.

 

“Zhen duibuqi! Ni meishi ma, (I’m so sorry! Are you alright?)” the person said in mandarin. Taemin stared in shock at the girl in front of him.

 

“Maggie?”


 

Surprised to hear her name, Maggie looked up and her eyes widened as she realized she had once again bumped into Lee, Taemin.

 

“Taemin-ah.”

 

Maggie turned at the sound and saw Key walking toward them. She saw him stare at her in confusion before turning to Taemin and talking to him in Korean. Not being able to understand Korean, Maggie stood there awkwardly. Noticing her discomfort, Key faced her and smiled and said in English, “Hello, my name is Key. It’s nice to meet you.”

 

Smiling, Maggie replied, “Nice to meet you. I’m Maggie.”

 

“Ahh, so you really are Maggie. Taemin has told me so much about you,” Key said.

 

“Eh? Me?”

 

“Yes. I would say he has a crush on you,” Key smiled.

 

Maggie blushed and remained speechless. Upon seeing her reaction, Taemin asked Key what he had said to her. He blushed and exclaimed, “Hyung!” when Key translated. Maggie laughed, catching both boys’ attention.

 

“Maggie!” someone called.

 

Turning, Maggie saw her friend beckoning to her. “I’ll be right there,” she replied.

 

Facing Taemin and Key once more, Maggie smiled and said, “It was nice to see you again, Taemin-oppa. Nice to meet you, Key-oppa. Oh, if it’s any consolation to Taemin-oppa, I like him too.”

 

With that, she walked away from them and toward her friend. Key turned to translate for his son only to see the younger with a goofy smile on his face.

 

“What?” Key asked.

 

“She called me ‘oppa,’” Taemin replied to which Key rolled his eyes.


Hello Hello! How have you all been? I updated five days ago, but it seems like weeks! How has everyone been? I actually forgot about this chapter...I had finished it last night with the intention of editing it (for once) today and posting it earlier. BUT, I found these two amazing stories on AFF and I couldn't stop reading...or crying haha. In fact, my eyes are still red >< Anyway, if you're interested in Jaejoong x You stories, let me know :D I'll send you the link. Why send it when I can just put it here? Well, I'm too tired and lazy right now haha, but I'll probably post the links in the next chapter. Okay, you're probably thinking I'm going crazy...yeah, a little. I need sleep >< That is so foreign to me, it's sad TT

ANYWAY, I hope you all liked this chapter :] Please let me know what you think and feel free to give me suggestions :D