Awake

Key-Umma is Better

 

credit to whoever made the pic :]


SHINee had all sat in the hospital to be checked for injuries. Jonghyun had some slight bruising on his chest as well as Key. Minho and Taemin were fine. Jinki had a seatbelt burn on his shoulder, but that would heal. Currently, all five members were in a hospital room that housed Maggie and her friend who had been in the car next to her. They had all inquired about Maggie as soon as they were checked for injuries. Her friend, according to her ID, was named Tori. Tori had been scratched by the glass that had broken from the window and her left arm had been broken as well when she slammed into the opposite end of the car. Her injuries were minor compared to Maggie’s. Maggie’s head was injured, her right foot was broken, she had scratches all over her arms and a few on her face, and a shard of glass had pierced her right arm. Both girls were lying in bed unconscious.

 

SHINee’s manager came in to see Taemin and Key in chairs next to Maggie’s bed, Jinki next to Tori’s bed, Jonghyun sitting on the window sill, and Minho leaning against the wall. When he stepped through the door, everyone looked up.

 

Sighing, their manager spoke, “The taxi that cut in front of us contained some fans. Don’t worry, though. They are all fine. When we suddenly stopped, the car in the back of us couldn’t hit the brakes in time and the driver turned the wheel. The car crashed into another taxi that was occupied by these two girls.”

 

No one knew what to say. Their fans had inadvertently caused an accident. The only thing they could do was tell everyone to be more careful, that their actions sometimes had dire consequences, and inform their fans that they were all okay. They suddenly heard a groan and everyone turned toward Tori’s bed. Jinki got off his chair and leaned forward.

 

“How are you feeling?” he asked in Korean.

 

Tori stared up at him in amazement and confusion. What’d he say?

 

Key walked over and smiled, “He means, “How are you feeling?””

 

Oh! I’m fine. My arm aches, but that’s it,” Tori replied.

 

Do you remember what happened?” Key asked.

 

Maggie and I were on our way to the hotel – Where’s Maggie?!” Tori exclaimed.

 

“Relax, Tori, relax. She’s right here,” Key said as he motioned to the girl lying in the next bed.

 

Key’s assurance did nothing to calm Tori down. When she saw Maggie lying in bed with so many bandages, she panicked.

 

She’s fine! Tori! Calm down.”

 

What happened?!” Tori cried.

 

You two were in a car accident. The other car slammed into the side Maggie was sitting on. She’s alright, though. The doctor said he’d like to keep her here for a few days. You can leave the hospital tomorrow if you’re feeling up to it,” Key explained.

 

Oh, okay. I’m actually pretty hungry right now. Can I go down to the cafeteria?” Tori asked.

 

Key was stunned by her sudden change in topics and could only nod his head. A tap on his shoulder caused Key to turn to Jinki.

 

“What did she say?” he asked.

 

As Key explained, Jonghyun’s stomach suddenly growled. Embarrassed, Jonghyun said, “Why don’t we all go down to the cafeteria for some food?”

 

Laughing, they agreed. Taemin, on the other hand, said, “Hyung, I’d like to stay here.”

 

Minho smiled and said, “Okay, Taeminnie. We’ll bring you back something to eat then.”

 

Taemin smiled and thanked his hyung. He watched as Jinki-hyung and Minho-hyung helped Tori off the bed and they all walked out of the hospital room. Taemin sighed as he turned back to face Maggie. Taemin pouted as he laid his head down next to her hand. He was finally able to see her again, but being in the hospital wasn’t exactly what he had in mind. Besides, he couldn’t smell Maggie’s vanilla scent. All he could smell were the scents of the hospital. Taemin was surprised when he suddenly heard a groan. His head snapped up and he saw Maggie trying to sit up. Rising from his chair, he helped her into a sitting position.

 

“Are you okay? How are you feeling? Does anywhere hurt?” Taemin asked.

 

Maggie stared at him with a confused expression. She only understood his first question. Placing her hand on his, she got him to look at her. Maggie smiled at him to convey that she was fine. Suddenly, a thought came to mind: What the heck was he doing in the hospital? Looking him over, Maggie didn’t find any injuries. 

 

Are you okay? Why are you in the hospital?” she asked, hoping he would understand her.

 

Like Maggie, Taemin smiled at her and shook his head to convey that he was fine and there was nothing wrong with him. His expression turned serious and a frown marred his features.

 

What’s wrong?” Maggie asked.

 

“When I saw you in that taxi, I thought you were dead.  I was so scared that I would never see you again. We’ve only met a few times, but you have such a great effect on me,” Taemin admitted.

 

Maggie only stared at him in confusion before a voice brought her attention elsewhere.

 

He’s saying that you nearly gave him a heart attack when he saw you were unconscious and bleeding in that taxi. Also, he said that you have a great effect on him even though you two have only met a few times,” Key translated.

 

Maggie blushed. “Hello,” she greeted.

 

“Key-umma, what did you say?” Taemin asked, “And why did you come back?”

 

“I translated what you said to her. I came to grab my phone, but I might have interrupted something?” Key suggested with a smile.

 

“Of course not!” Taemin blushed.

 

Well, I’ll leave you two alone. Your friend Tori is down at the cafeteria with us,” Key smiled at Maggie before exiting the room.

 


 

HELLO! I am alive^^ (for those of you who thought otherwise or might think of killing me now...) I am so sorry for such a late update...How long has it been? I don't even want to look at the date haha. My competition was finished half a month ago (the one in Hawaii anyway haha) and we qualified for the World Championship! :D BUT I can't go...My mom won't let me miss five days of school...-sigh- AND my cold has finally been cured! My dad got me sick, and I couldn't breathe properly for almost two weeks! Then I got my mom sick...oops THEN I started coughing!! Augh! Also, school has been piling on the work (I am so far behind TvT) Today, I decided to forget about homework (again) and work on this chapter^^ 

I'm grateful to everyone who is still willing to read this story. I am so sorry for the long wait >< Unfortunately, I do not know when I will be able to post the next update...Please be patient with me >< I really do have every intention of finishing this story. The only problem is time. I did not join the next season of robotics, so I have more time to do homework. Hopefully, I'll catch up and finish my homework early so I can work on this story! 

Thank you all for reading :] And I am so sorry ><