I'm Sorry

Key-Umma is Better

 

Frozen by the doorway, Key didn't know what to do. Jonghyun was staring at Taemin in shock. Taemin was not sorry for what he had just said. He was telling the truth. Telling the truth was better than lying to Jonghyun-hyung. Still, the silence in the room was awkward, and Taemin looked away. His gaze landed on the doorway and he saw his Key-umma.
 
"Key-umma," Taemin whispered.
 
Immediately, Jonghyun's gaze shifted to Key. 
 
"Taeminnie, could I talk to Jonghyun-hyung alone?" he asked. 
 
Taemin nodded and stepped out of the room, closing the door on his way out. He sighed as he made his way to the couch and sat down. He had left his Key-umma alone with Jonghyun-hyung. He hoped his hyung could cheer his umma up. Taemin didn't like it when Key was sad. The whole idea was adnormal. Taemin really wasn't sorry about telling Jonghyun-hyung how he felt. Although, he was sorry for upsetting Se kyung-noona. He shouldn't have done that. Taemin got up, intending to go ask Jonghyun-hyung to tell noona he was sorry. However, he saw his hyung's phone on the kitchen table and came up with a better idea.

Key sighed and walked toward Jonghyun. He sat next to Jonghyun on Taemin's bed as Jonghyun asked, "Am I making you sad?"
 
Key nodded, "Hyung...you know how I feel about you."
 
At this, Jonghyun interrupted, "But I thought you said our friendship mattered most."
 
"And it does, hyung. It's just...can you be a little more considerate of me? It hurts me when you spend all your free time with her or worrying about her all the time. I'm still your best friend, right?" Key asked.
 
"Of course you are! Why would you ask that?" Jonghyun exclaimed.
 
"Because we haven't hung out together in a long time," Key replied.
 
Jonghyun remained silent as he thought back to the last time the two of them had hung out together. He realized Key was right. The last time the two of them spent time together as best friends was over a month ago. He had spent most of his free time with Se Kyung lately. 
 
"I'm sorry, Key. You're right," Jonghyun said.
 
Key smiled, "It's okay, hyung. As long as we're still best friends."
 
"We'll always be best friends," Jonghyun smiled and headed for the door. With his hand on the doorknob, Jonghyun turned around and said, "I won't ask you to make her dinner unexpectedly again. I'm sorry, Key."
 
He walked out of the room and left a stunned Key sitting on Taemin's bed.
 
When Jonghyun walked into the living room, he noticed Jinki was digging though the refrigerator.
 
"Jinki-hyung, if you eat chicken this close to bedtime, Key will kill you," Jonghyun warned.
 
Jinki froze and slowly clsoed the refrigerator door. He gave Jonghyun a sheepish smile just as Key walked into the living room. Seeing Jinki so close to the refrigerator, Key glared, "Are you planning on eating?"
 
Jinki shook his head and smiled, "Of course not. I'm gonna go to bed. Good night you two. Get some sleep."
 
Jinki walked around Jonghyun and Key to head towards the bedroom. A thought suddenly came to him and he asked, "Has anyone seen Taemin?"
 
Jonghyun and Key looked at each other and turned to Jinki.
 
"He's not in the house?" they asked.
 
Jinki shook his head, "No. I came out of the shower and walked to Jonghyun and Minho's room to let Minho know he could use the shower. Taemin wasn't in Minho's room or the living room."
 
Key immediately searched all the rooms and Taemin really was nowhere to be found. Scrambling back into his room for his phone, Key dialed Taemin's number and heard the phone ringing. Wait, he could hear the phone ringing? Key looked toward Taemin's bed and saw the maknae's phone on top of his pillow. Sighing, Key walked back into the living room and told everyone Taemin was not in the house and he had left his phone behind. Everyone stayed in the living room waiting for Taemin to return. The front door opened twenty minutes later and Key rushed forward to engulfed Taemin in a hug.
 
"Key-umma...I can't...breathe," Taemin managed to say. Key released Taemin and took a step back.
 
"Where were you? Do you know how worried we all were?" Key-umma practically yelled.

Taemin pouted, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Taeminnie. Just be sure to tell us where you're going and bring your phone with you, okay?" Jinki-hyung asked.

Taemin nodded. 

"Where did you go anyway?" Jonghyun-hyung asked.
 
"I went to see Se Kyung-noona," Taemin said.

Everyone's eyes widened. They all knew Taemin didn't like her.

"Why?" Minho asked.

"I went to apologize to her. I told her I was sorry for making her upset," Taemin admitted.

Key smiled and hugged his son once more. He was proud of him. 

"That's good, Taeminnie. Now go get ready for bed okay?" Key said.