A Kiss on the Cheek

Key-Umma is Better

 

Jonghyun groaned in frustration as he collapsed onto his bed. For the past week he had been unable to kiss Key. Of course, they still had their normal skin ship and JongKey moments, but Jonghyun wondered if that might actually be worse. He could touch Key like normal, but he couldn’t go further. Key wouldn’t even let him kiss him! Jonghyun groaned once more, but he smiled when he thoughts f how adamant Key was about not hurting Se Kyung. Well, Se Kyung would be back in Korea soon and everything would fall into place.


“Surprise!” Maggie and Tori exclaimed as they walked into SHINee’s practice room. Their manager walked in behind the girls with a smile. The boys greeted the girls, but Onew’s attention was on the chicken aroma coming from one of the bags Tori were holding. Maggie noticed Onew inching closer to the bag and laughed.


 

“Tori and I brought you some snacks. We couldn’t resist bringing some chicken for Onew-oppa,” Maggie explained.

 

Tori placed the bags down and Jonghyun grabbed the few bags Maggie was holding. Taemin took the crutches from Maggie and helped her sit on the couch. Maggie thanked him before reaching for one of the bags on the coffee table in front of her. She grabbed something from inside and handed it to Taemin. Taemin beamed when he saw the banana milk in her hand. The seven of them made light conversation before the boys returned to practicing their dance. Tori and Maggie watched as they talked amongst themselves. After a while, the boys decided to stop for a break. Key sat next to Maggie and the two talked about the recent ‘JongKey’ news. Taemin was making his way toward Maggie when someone suddenly jumped on his back. He lurched forward for a moment before regaining his balance. Taemin turned to see Sulli smiling at him.

 

“Oppa, how’s practice?” Sulli asked. She got off of him and he turned to face her. The two proceeded to catch up with each other.

 

Maggie watched this with a frown. Sulli was batting her eyelashes and twirling her hair with her fingers. Maggie may not have been able to understand Korean, but flirting was a language practically every girl knew. Key noticed Maggie’s sullen mood and smiled.

 

“Want to go for a walk?” he offered.

 

Maggie shook her head. “I’ll go by myself. Spend some time with Jonghyun-oppa. He’s been smiling at you this whole time.”

 

“You sure you’ll be okay?” Key asked.

 

Maggie smiled in assurance. She reached for her crutches and made her way out of the room. Taemin had cast a worried glance at her, but Maggie smiled to tell him she would be fine. As Maggie made her way out of the building, one of the idols almost ran into her. After apologies and greetings were exchanged, Maggie continued on her way. She slowly made her way to the nearby park. Finding an empty bench, Maggie sat down and placed her crutches next to her. She leaned back and stared at the clouds.

 

I’m so stupid. I can’t compare to her. She’s so pretty and cute. She’s an idol too. Oh, and how could I forget; she speaks Korean.

 

Maggie sighed as she continued to get lost in her thoughts.

 

I’m going to be back in America soon…I’ll bet my parents will fuss over me because of my leg. I wonder if I’ll ever see Taemin-oppa and everyone again.

 

Maggie suddenly felt someone grab onto her uninjured leg and looked down. She smiled when she saw it was boy – no bigger than three years old – holding onto her. Looking around, Maggie couldn’t seem to find anyone looking at the child. She returned her gaze to the boy and asked, “Where’s your mommy?”

 

The boy giggled and Maggie remembered that he probably couldn’t understand English. She reached over and brought the boy onto her lap. The boy giggled and pointed behind Maggie. “Hyung, hyung!”

 

Maggie turned to see Taemin smiling at her and the little boy. Taemin walked around the bench and sat next to Maggie. He brought the boy into his own lap before smiling at Maggie. The boy suddenly frowned and poked Taemin. Taemin looked at the boy and saw him pointing a finger at Maggie’s injured leg.

 

“She’ll be fine. Give noona a kiss to make her feel better,” Taemin said.

 

Maggie stared in confusion. She had only understood a little of what he said. The boy smiled at Taemin before making his way back into Maggie’s lap. Maggie bent down slightly when the boy reached up and he kissed her on the cheek. Maggie smiled and kissed the boy on his cheek in return. A lady suddenly approached them, and Maggie figured it was the boy’s mother. After thanking Maggie and Taemin for watching her son, she and the little boy left the park. Maggie and Taemin made their way back to the practice room. Before entering the room, Maggie pulled Taemin down slightly and kissed him on the cheek. When she pulled back, Maggie said, “Oppa, I like you.”


HIII everyone :DDD I am still alive^^ I am so and forever sorry that this is so late >< It's been...I don't even want to know how long since I've updated. I've been a little busy and distracted lately. I am so so so sorry >< 

Okay, there are a few things I need to mention. 

1. I will not be adding a twist to this story. It will end in a few chapters :/ Honestly, I simply want to write a story without any cliche twists for once lol. I hope you will all stick with this story till the end :]

2. I am considering writing a new story involving JongKey. AND for once, it might be an AU story. We'll see :] I should be posting that one shot sooner or later when I finish the one shot.

3. This chapter was mainly Taemin and Maggie. Sorry about that >< There might not be a lot more of their scenes though. I kind of already worked out their ending.

4. I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE ><

5. I promise I will reply to everyone from before and if anyone still willing to leave me a comment, then I will reply to you too >< I promise I will get to all of you :]

Random Notes...

1. Senior year is awesome^^

2. I have a boyfriend now :D One who I reaaallly like. One who reads my stories lol. Now that was embarrassing. Honey, if you ever stumble upon this, I WIN! :P and go read a book!

3. I didn't write about Minho much... omg ><