I Think Key-Umma is Better!

Key-Umma is Better

 

No offense intended to Shin Se Kyung :] 

SHINee had finished their schedule early today. Everyone was resting or relaxing in the dorm except Jonghyun-hyung. Jonghyun-hyung had gone out and we all knew where he went. Taemin looked toward the kitchen and saw his Key-umma making dinner. He got up from his position on the couch and headed toward the kitchen.
 
"Umma, can I help?" he asked.
 
Key turned and smiled at him, "Sure. Can you help me wash the vegetables?"
 
Taemin nodded and started on his task. Key started preparing for the main dishes. When Taemin was done, Key asked him to wash the rice. After their experiences on their YunHaNam show, Key had learned how to cook rice and he made sure every member knew how as well. However, this didn't stop Key from reminding them whenever they offered to help him.
 
"Make sure you wash it until the water is mostly clear," Key instructed. Taemin nodded once more before washing the rice. When he was done, he put it in the rice cooker and pressed "cook." At this time, Key had finished all the preparations for the main dishes and had started cooking them. Unwilling to let his son cut the vegetables, Key told Taemin to set the table. Taemin grabbed the plates and utensils and headed toward the dining table. Just as the front door opened, Taemin head his umma say, "Set the table for six, Taeminnie. We have a guest today."
 
Puzzled, Taemin walked back toward the cupboards and grabbed another set. He had missed seeing who entered the door with Jonghyun. Key had finished cooking the main dishes and placed the food on a plate before setting the plate on the table. Taemin had also finished setting the table. Only when Taemin looked up from the table did he see his Jonghyun-hyung holding Se Kyung-noona's hand. Quickly giving her a small smile, Taemin turned around and walked toward Key. Key said nothing as he continued to cook the vegetables. 
 
"Umma...you knew she was coming?" Taemin whispered.
 
Key nodded, "Jonghyun-hyung told me before he left." 
 
Shocked, Taemin repeated, "Hyung...told...you?"
 
Key nodded once more and said, "He said he would be bringing her over for dinner and asked me to make an extra serving."
 
Key knew his son would get mad, so before Taemin could say anything, Key softly said, "We'll talk about this later."
 
Dinner started and everyone enjoyed the food. They all made an attempt to get to know Se Kyung. Well, almost everyone. Taemin didn't speak to her unless she asked him something. He had also commented on a few things about her. Although he had sounded polite, there was an underlying hostility to them. Taemin pouted when his Key-umma had squeezed his hand under the table as a warning.
 
After dinner, Jonghyun-hyung took Se Kyung-noona home. Taemin had finished showering and Key-umma had stepped into the shower ten minutes before Jonghyun-hyung got home. Taemin was sitting on his bed reading a book when Jonghyun came in. He put his book down when his hyung sat on his bed. 
 
"What's up?" he asked.
 
Jonghyun seemed hesitant to speak.
 
"Hyung, just say it," Taemin told him.
 
"Can you be nicer to Se Kyung?" Jonghyun asked.
 
Taemin looked taken aback. "I am nice to her."
 
"Can you be nicer? You seem to not like her," Jonghyun said.
 
Taemin paused. He was debating whether he should tell the truth straight out or talk around it. Looking Jonghyun-hyung in the eye, he decided to tell the truth. "I don't like Se Kyung-noona."
 
"Why not? She's a really nice person," Jonghyun said.
 
"I just don't like her, hyung. I'm sorry," Taemin said.
 
"There must be a reason, Taemin. Can you please tell hyung what that reason is?" Jonghyun asked.
 
What Taemin and Jonghyun didn't know was that Key had finished his shower. He had heard Taemin and Jonghyun talking and decided to stay out in the hallway. Key knew the reason Taemin didn't like Se Kyung-noona. In fact, Onew and Minho did as well. It was a wonder that Jonghyun didn't know. Of course, if Mr. Dinosaur had paid more attention to his other members and his best friend, he would have known as well. Listening to Jonghyun questioning his son, Key knew Taemin was getting irritated and didn't want to answer. Deciding to save his son, Key walked into the room. Unfortunately, neither Taemin or Jonghyun saw him as he stopped by the doorway when Taemin spoke, "I don't want to tell you the reason, hyung. Not everyone has to like her."
 
"I just want to know, Taemin. Se Kyung knows you don't like her and she doesn't know why. It's making her upset, and I don't like seeing her upset. I want to make her feel better," Jonghyun explained.
 
"Hyung, not everything has to be about her and not everyone has to like her," Taemin said.
 
"But she's so upset. She just wants you all to accept her."
 
"Upset? She's upset? What about Key-hyung?!" Taemin rarely, if ever, raised his voice. However, his hyung was being an idiot and it was time he realized what was going on. 
 
"Key-umma has been sad for the last couple of weeks. Do you even notice that hyung? Of course you don't. If you had, you wouldn't have brought her home or asked Key-umma to make dinner for her. Is Se Kyung-noona all you see hyung? You're Key-umma's best friend. Shouldn't you know what's going on with your best friend?" Taemin asked sadly.
 
"I'm making Key sad?" Jonghyun asked.
 
Taemin nodded, "Yes, you are, hyung."
 
There was silence before Taemin spoke once more, "That's a part of why I don't like Se Kyung-noona. She makes Key-umma sad."
 
"And the other part?" Jonghyun asked.
 
"I think Key-umma is better."

Eventually, I'm going to stop putting the "No offense to Shin Se Kyung" at the beginning of every chapter. I still mean no offense to her, but I've gotten tired of typing it...

I'd like to thank those who have been patient with me, as they have already read these chapters. I'm so sorry for not posting anything new, but don't worry :D I'm working on it :]

To my new readers, I hope you like my story^^

And, everyone, thank you so much for taking the time to read my story :D