Why Did You Do That?

Key-Umma is Better

Taemin had returned to the dorm after practice with his hyungs and immediately collapsed onto the couch. Key walked in afterward and said, “Yah, Taeminnie, go take a shower first.”

 

Groaning, Taemin replied, “Yes, umma.”

 

After everyone had finished showering, they all gathered around the television. Showering had refreshed everyone and they had decided to watch a movie before going to bed. However, halfway through the movie, Taemin had fallen asleep. Minho noticed and carried the maknae to bed. He covered the dancer with the comforter before heading to the room he shared with Jonghyun. Minho was tired as well and decided to go to sleep.


The next morning, Taemin woke up from the sunlight and rubbed his eyes. Yawning, he got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to get ready for the day. After he finished, he headed toward the kitchen. On his way, he heard Key-umma talking.

 

“For Valentine’s Day?” Key paused. The person on the other line was speaking.

 

“Okay, I’ll help you. Good-bye Se Kyung-noona.”

 

Taemin’s eyes widened. He walked into the kitchen and asked, “Why did Se Kyung-noona call?”

 

Key turned around, surprised by Taemin’s sudden entrance.

 

“It’s nothing. She just wanted to ask me something. Don’t worry about it, Taeminnie,” Key smiled.

 

Taemin would have said more if Minho-hyung hadn’t walked into the room.

 

“Yah, go get cleaned up first,” Key-umma scolded. With a grunt, Minho turned around and headed to the bathroom.

 

“Taeminnie, can you wake up Jinki-hyung?” Key-umma asked, “I’ll go wake up Jonghyun-hyung.”

 

Taemin nodded and headed back to the bedroom. He walked over to Jinki’s bed and gently shook him.

 

“Hyung, wake up.”

 

Taemin got no response. He shook him harder and said, “Hyung, wake up!”

 

Jinki groaned and rolled onto his other side. He pulled the blanket up over his head.

 

“Hyung!” Taemin called again, “It’s breakfast time. Come on, wake up.”

 

Jinki groaned and finally got up. Taemin smiled and said, “Go wash up, hyung. Then we can all eat breakfast.”

 

With a sigh, Jinki-hyung dragged himself out of bed. Taemin headed back to the kitchen to see Key-umma setting the table. Taemin looked toward the living room and saw Jonghyun-hyung lying on the couch. Taemin’s attention shifted back to Key when he said, “Taeminnie, come sit at the table.”

 

Key-umma noticed Jonghyun-hyung trying to sleep on the couch and said, “Yah! Kim Jonghyun! It’s breakfast time! Wake up!”

 

Groaning, Jonghyun-hyung got off the couch. Soon, everyone was sitting around the table eating breakfast. After breakfast, they all got ready and waited for the company car downstairs. They headed toward their schedules and did not finish until late at night. When Taemin finally arrived back at the dorm, he noticed the light was on in the room he shared with Jinki-hyung and Key-umma. Assuming one of them was home, he walked toward the room. Standing at the doorway, Taemin saw Key-umma standing with his back facing him. Apparently, he was on the phone. Taemin was about to walk inside when he heard, “Cook him a surprise dinner, noona. I’m sure he’ll love it.”

 

Taemin froze and stared at his umma with wide eyes. He suddenly remembered Key-umma’s conversation with Se Kyung-noona earlier today. Noona had asked for help and Key-umma had mentioned Valentine’s Day. Was noona asking Key-umma to help her prepare a surprise for Jonghyun-hyung? Key-umma told her to prepare a surprise dinner…but that was Key-umma’s special thing for Jonghyun-hyung. Key-umma always cooked Jonghyun-hyung dinner on Valentine’s Day in the previous years. Why was he telling noona to do it? Couldn’t she do something else? Taemin listened to the conversation some more and heard Key-umma tell Se Kyung-noona to make some of Jonghyun-hyung’s favorite food before hanging up. Key turned around and looked at Taemin with surprise.

 

Before Key could say anything, Taemin asked, “Why did you do that?”