Hopeless

Please stay away from me, before it's too late!

Jin Ma’s POV

“Ughh I hate this day!” I was barefooted walking along the school grounds because I can’t stand wearing my high heels. Remember, my mom kept all the clothes and things I’m comfortable to wear? Total facepalm. Good thing I have this jacket with me to cover my entire body in… a dress. A y one. Thank goodness this is Korea, a cold country so my mother had no choice to let me bring and wear this jacket for protection. I fixed my hoodie and continued walking. So uhh, where’s the backstage?

“Jin Ma yah!” I turned and saw Heechul sonsaengnim waving at me. “This way!” He mouthed. I nodded and went directly into his direction.

“Eh? Why run barefooted?” He asked.

“Eh, sonsaengnim. You know it was kinda hard for me to walk around in heels.” I smiled unsurely. “I’m really not used to feminine things.” I frowned.

“Well you have to from now on, because you’re gonna walk up the stage with those. You should practice yourself right at this moment.” He eyed the stiletto that I’m holding. “Now wear those shoes.”

I gave him a “please have mercy on me” look.

“NOW.”

The competition is such a very anticipated event in the school. Everyone must watch it, but even if they musn't, students will still watch it willingly. It's like a once in a million years event that shouldn't be missed.

And I am in it.

And I also figured out how I got chosen. Everyone must've been curious about how I got in. Simple, the girls. Through the past few days, people really see me as a guy, and in fact, I unbelievably caught a few girls' hearts. And as the new kid I am in school, a new face also shows to them. The girls who have nominated me must've been so shocked that I am on the muses' lists and not on the escorts.

As I think of it, I thought they would be disappointed and put away their attention from me, but to my surprise, they anticipated more to see me in a dress. Ottoke?

"Don't just sigh there and get a move on." Heechul sonsaengnim poked my cheeks. "Get dressed up." I got back to my conscious self.

“But I am already wearing one, Sonsaengnim!”

“But you have to change your costume for the dance. You have to be uniform with the others.”

I shot him a begging look. 

"I wont buy those, palli."

I sighed in disbelief and stood up, not knowing what to do. I looked from left to right and scratched my head.

"Yah, get your dress and go change!" He prompted me to the dressing room. "Oh and I'll add extensions to your hair too, after you change."

"Araso araso." I said as I panicked. I was staring at this dress inside the dressing room, thinking if I should wear it or just dispose it secretly. 

"Jin ma yaaaaah?" Just then, a familiar, annoying voice hit my ears.

"Aish, you get out you intruder! She's changing, get out." Heechul songsaengnim snapped. I peeked from the dressing room and saw Baekhyun pleading and begging to stay in the room.

"Changing to her dress? Please let me stay, please songsaengnim, please?" Aish that guy using his aegyeo again. You wouldn't want it if Byun Baekhyun does the aegyeo. Because you don't know if you would get charmed or get annoyed.

"No, get out." And Heechul songsaengnim is on the 'annoyed side'. He shut the door locked and left Baekhyun outside the door, leaving knocks and wails. I let out a light chuckle and changed myself into a woman. I mean, a dress.

 

Baekhyun's POV

"He let you out?" Suho hyung asked in a laughing manner.

"Neh, and he wouldn't let me see!!" I frowned and gritted my teeth. They all laughed in unison.

The six of us, Suho hyung, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Kai, and Sehun are waiting at the room next to Jin Ma's dressing room as Heechuk songsaengnim keeps on shooing me away. I really wanted to see Jin Ma right now. 

"Told ya, he's not letting anyone in." Kyungsoo smirked. 

"I'm so excited to see noonaaaa!" Sehun jumped excitedly.

"Calm down Sehun ah, you're acting like baby." Kai exclaimed and rolled his eyes. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol are both smiling and I can't wait but for the sound of the next room's door to open.  But we son gave up and went to our waiting room.

 

I kept on thinking what Suho hyung is really up to. He confirms his feelings so quickly. I didn’t know he could be this abrupt to say things and to confirm things. And confirming it to me? I’m, I’m confused.

 “Hyung! What are you daydreaming about? We’re waiting for you to come out!” I looked up as I saw Sehun calling me from the door. I looked around and realized that I was the only one left inside.

“Palli, we’re gonna go to the backstage right now, our mentors are already calling us.” Kyungsoo said impatiently.

“Ah, nae!” I ran to the door and went out of the classroom.

Me together with my friends went together backstage but we were surprised to see that the staff, and the other candidates were huddled up in one corner.

“Ohmy, is that Jin Ma?” Chanyeol, being the tallest said.

“Yah, what is up with Jin Ma noona? Carry me hyung I wanna see!” Sehun pleaded.

“Woah she is” Kai sighed before continuing. “Gorgeous.”

“See, she really has the potencial. Now where’s my girlfriend I wanna see Dal Lae too.” Kyungsoo searched off the place and went ahead. While me, being a shortie, kept on popping my head up and down, tiptoeing just to see, well, Jin Ma.

“Hyung, can you see her?” I asked Suho hyung.

“Nae.” He gave me a smile. A mysterious one.

“Well, what can you say?”

“Let’s say, her appearance today makes me want to ask her out immediately.” He tapped my shoulder. “You should see for yourself.” He smiled and went to his line.

“Aigoo, haha wait I can’t” I heard Jin Ma’s voice. Then there’s a lot of sounds coming from a flash of a camera. “Breathe”

I continued to walk to where she is but I still can’t see her because of the overpowering crowd. All I can hear is ‘Jin Ma this Jin Ma that’ and every compliment for being so pretty.

“Okay okay, enough for that, I know she’s so beautiful but let’s save it for later.” I heard Heechul sonsaengnim shoo the crowd. “Okay okay, form your lines.”

As the people started going away, I tried my best to take a peek.

And then I saw her.

Damn, I can’t deny she’s got even prettier with girl’s clothing.

 

Jin Ma’s POV

“Goodluck, and let the butterflies fly away from your stomach. Fighting!”

I have another note from my anonymous writer. And this makes me lessen the nervousness in my chest. Thanks to her, or him.

The contest started in just a few minutes and we all did what we have practiced. At the middle of the contest, when the others are on stage and our batch is at the backstage, I felt something that I shouldn’t feel right at this moment. But it can’t be helped so I hurried to go to the comfort room and started doing my business as soon as possible. As I have finished, I went out of the comfort room and almost bumped at someone along the way. It was Baekhyun.

He looks stunning. His hair is flipped up, exposing his forehead and the first two buttons of his shirt is ed. Well I don’t mind the ed thing, it is a summer theme anyway but yeah. I nearly didn’t recognize him.

“Woah”

“Wow” We laughed at ourselves awkwardly as we both reacted in unison.

“Yah, stop gaping at me like goldfish again like what you did just this moment. I already know I’m handsome enough to satisfy your eyes.”

“Esh” I wrinkled my nose. “Such a jerk”

He laughed at me, showing his eyesmile. Aish, very cute. I admit he look gorgeous today but he’s still a jerk.

“Hey, you look—“

“Get ready next batch! You are going off to the stage!”  Our attention suddenly turned to the announcement when the staff called out. He let out a nod and turned to me again. “I look what?”

“What? I said good luck.”  I said furrowing my brows in embarrassment when I’m supposed to say “You look good today” to him.

Well I was just about to compliment him but then the atmosphere just turned uneasy to tell such kind of thing so I just told him I had said good luck instead of ‘you look’. Good luck and ‘you look’ sounds alike right? Aish so embarrassing.

But then all of a sudden, he pinched my cheek. “You look beautiful today too.”

What’d he do? What’d he said? Did he just pinched my cheek and told me that I look beautiful?

I didn’t know what to say to him at that moment so I just stared at him with my clueless-surprised eyes. I am not used to hear compliments so I didn’t know what to react on those things.

I saw him blush while rubbing his nape sheepishly. “Aish, gaja! We have to get ready for the stage.” Then he walked ahead of me on the double.

“Jin Ma shi, where are you?” I heard Dal Lae called out.

“I’m here!” I said as I walked to our line.

“Where’d you go?”

“Just did some business at the restroom. Hehe” Dal Lae laughed and clanged to my arms. She used to do that everytime and vice versa. Just like kids. “Ew, your hands are still wet!”

“Eh?! Jinjja?! Wait but its clean don’t worry!” And we both laughed.

The contest went out well and the results had been held out. Baekhyun is still being hitted on by the girls, well the six of them really looked handsome, but Baekhyun has the most number of fans so far. Undeniably, he really is the best-looking here.

In the end of the contest, Baekhyun won. Other than his looks and talents in singing, his answer in the Q and A  is really good too. And the muse is some random but beautiful girl. My friends protested that why didn’t I won but I am so embarrassed to go with them when they asked the judges. I tried to stop them but they wouldn’t allow me to speak.

 

Baekhyun’s POV

“Noona should’ve won, she really looked cool on stage!” Sehun pouted as he ruffled Jin Ma’s short hair. She removed her extensions cause she said she felt itchy wearing those. This tomboy. 

“Yah, Sehun ah that’s too much.” I removed Sehun’s hand from Jin Ma’s hair.

“Hyung!!!!!” Sehun scowled.

“It’s okay guys, don’t fret about it! I don’t want to win anyway, being in this dress is embarrassing enough.” Jin Ma looked at me and tapped my arms. “Hey, congratulations!” I gave her a smile.

“No, you really suit to be in that place. You should be the winner Jin Ma shi!” Chanyeol protested.

“The judges said she lacked femininity.” Suho hyung said.

“Tch, femininity doesn’t mean being pretty.” Dal Lae said. “Even the most feminine has the worst attitude.”

“My yeobo’s right, I really thought Jin Ma would win. The judges are so biased.” Kyungsoo agreed.

 “You should be my muse.” I blurted out. They all snapped their heads to me and an awkward silence followed.

“Yah, your reason is too personal hyung.” Kai teased and laughed.

“Aish!” I knocked Kai’s head. “Of course I won so if she won, she would be my muse.”

“Well that sounded so possessive too.” Suho hyung laughed and everyone cornered me with their sneaky looking stares.

“Yah what’s wrong with all of you. Quit that.”

Maybe tomorrow or later, Suho hyung will ask Jin Ma out. After all, I’m hopeless.

  

 
 
I'm back people! Please punch me now for updating thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis late. ;_; I'm very sorry. Please keep on supporting and leave some comments! ^_^ Kamsamnida! :DDD