The Fight with Yabuki

The Girl that Stole Yabuki's Heart

"GO TODA-KUN!" Takeda yelled as Hikari drove past Yabuki on the last curve and beat him. The guys started whooping for their new friend as Hikari put her hand on Yabuki's shoulder.

"You lost, so now you owe me a week of lunch," Hikari teased. Yabuki angrily tossed her hand off his shoulder and crossed his arms pouting.

"Shut up," Yabuki said. Several times Hikari and Yabuki would've tried to knock each other out had it not been for the other three holding them apart. As they leftthe arcade Takeda waved good bye to them, saying he had something he had to do. Kosuke and Tsucchi both believed Takeda and the new teacher Yamaguchi were weird.

"Don't you think Yamaguchi is a little weird?" Kosuke asked them. Yabuki and Hikari ignored the two boys between them and sighed. "Who the heck is she?" Hikari heard Yabuki ask under his breath.

Tsucchi suddenly stopped them and pointed to the left with his fan. "Isn't that Shimada from class A?" They all followed where he pointed and sure enough there was a Kurogin student being harrassed by a couple of guys from another school. "Isn't that Shibuya from Ara High?" Kosuke chimed in. Yabuki began leading them to the group. Hikayi watched as the scared boy from class A ran away as Yabuki and the leader of Ara High got engaged in a staring constest.

"If you need something, why don't you tell me?" Yabuki challenged. Shibuya responded with just as much attitude. "Kurogin's Yabuki?"

The guy next to him spoke up next. "You should know that your leader came and bowed down to us." Angry, Hikari threw a punch at him.

"Don't you dare talk about Ryu like that." Venom dripped from her voice as her fist tightened.

"Who's the new recruit?" Shibuya asked while Yabuki glared at Hikari for defending Ryu. "What are you looking at short stack?" It's true, Hikari was the shortest out the seven of them, maybe even shorter than Takeda!

"Ugliness," Hikari countered right away, causing Tsucchi to let out a laugh as Shibuya gripped Hikari's shoulder.

"What'd you say you scrawny munchkin?!" Hikari scoffed at his grip. Placing a hand on his, she pushed him around and twisted his arm. "I'm pretty sure I know something else that must be pretty scrawny," Hikari said and gestured to his 'friend', earning laughs from Yabuki, Kosuke, and Tsucchi. She felt proud of herself until one of Shibuya's henchmen punched her. She quickly pushed her cap back on her head, feeling it about to fall.

"Don't touch our students," Yabuki threatened grabbing the guy that punched Hikari by the collar. "He started it, and besides, Kurogin admitted defeat to Ara!" Shibuya said and laughed.

Hearing a snarl from Yabuki, Hikari jumped to her feet and began hopping on them, getting ready. "I'm Kurogin's head now," Yabuki growled before socking the guy in the face. Seeing a head run at Yabuki, Hikari rushed in and kicked him from behind.

"Stay out of this!" Hikari yelled at Tsucchi and Kosuke. "It's good for a little pratice," she said smirking after she knocked out the guy in one kick. Yabuki was now fending himself from two guys. "Don't you know it's cowardly to gang up on one person?" Hikari said before grabbing the other henchman and throwing a fist at him. Yabuki and Shibuya were now just fighting each other. Since her punches were strong, it only took Hikari about 5 hits to knock out the henchman. All she recieved from the two fights were scratches, nothing serious.

"Go Yabuki!" The three yelled from the sidelines. Yabuki finally managed to knock Shibuya out cold. "Yabuki! Toda-kun took out two of them of his own, if this keeps up, you two might be co-leaders!" Tsucchi yelled happily.

"No," Yabuki shouted out. "I'm the only one who's the leader of Kurogin. Last time there were co leaders, one of them bowed and made us a laughing stock!"

"I don't want to be a leader anyways," Hikari said chiming in.

The next day in class, Yamaguchi came in smiling, trying to hide something.

"Good morning!" She shouted. When no one paid attention, she continued. "You guys were fighting with Ara High students last night weren't you?" Instantly Hikari knew she was in trouble. "Who won?" What she didn't expect, was for Tsucchi to shout out, "Obviously us!" He earned cheers from the class, but a glare from Hikari.

"Especially since we have Hayato and Toda-kun on our side!" Kosuke yelled. Ryu turned and glared at Hikari, obviously disappointed in her. "Idiot! Why would you say that?!" She yelled at him and threw a book at his head.

"Toda-san!" Yamaguchi yelled. "Don't be so childish. Things like that can be dangerous!" Sighing, Yamaguchi looked back at them. "What was the reason?"

"They were picking on Class A's Shimada," Tsucchi explained, picking at his fan. "So we helped him." The teacher looked proud this time.

"You guys are such nice guys aren't you?" She asked. Hikari looked at her suspiciously. "Well since it had a reason, I'll let it slide this time."

"We can't let Ara High guys act big now can we?" Yabuki asked and gained laughs from everyone except Hikari, Ryu, and Takeda. "We can't fight if we're afraid to get expelled right?" Hikari began getting annoyed from his arrogance and tightened her fists. From afar, Ryu mimicked her fists with one hand and put his other hand gently over it, signalling her to calm down. Because she liked him, she began to do so, until Yabuki spoke up again. "Well, it's different for some coward over there." Her anger flared up as he gestured to Ryu.

"Shut up!" Her roar of anger caught everyone's attention as she slammed her fist down on Yabuki's desk. "Why? A man is useless if he isn't strong," Yabuki taunted even more. That's it. Hikari grabbed him by his collar and pulled him up to her level, but soon he stood up and once again he was taller than her, but that wasn't going to make her back down from defending her friend.

"Toda-san!" Yamaguchi cried out running up to her.

"Back down Yamaguchi-sensei." Hikari pulled Yabuki close to her face as Ryu walked up to her. "I've had enough of hearing you talk about Ryu like that. It's time for me to knock you off your high horse, your highness," She said, making sure he heard her clearly. "Besides, just because you can fight, doesn't mean you're strong. Even little kids can fight. So don't make me laugh." Hikari pushed him back down as Ryu put his hand on her shoulder. She turned around to see Ryu shaking his head at her.

Trying to ease the tension of the class, Yamaguchi went back to the board. "Let's start class everyone!" She yelled nervously. However to her disliking, Yabuki stomped up to Hikari and held her up by the collar.

"Look new kid," He snarled. "Just because you're new, doesn't mean I'll take it easy on you." Worried for his friend, Ryu pushed himself between them. "Of course you're friends with the traitor. New kid, you and me, today by the hill. I let it go yesterday because you helped me, but today you're dead." With that, Yabuki stomped out of the class despite Yamaguchi's yells for them to come back. Ryu sighed and looked at her with disappointment.

After school, everyone ran to the place for the fight as Yamaguchi and Ryu walked with Hikari. "Why didn't you tell the class you're a girl Hikari-chan?" Yamaguchi asked frustrated. "Then this wouldn't have happened!"

"Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't handle myself," Hikari stated angrily. "You should know, right sensei?" Yamaguchi seemd to have began freaking out as her student said that. "Besides, it's fun trying to see how long it'll take them to find out."

"Be careful." Even though it wasn't much, Ryu's words were enough to get her to blush. She nodded and went off to the river side near the hill.

As she approached, Yabuki was standing there ready for her. He threw off his blazer and flexed, trying to show off. Hikari smirked at him as she simply walked up and crossed her arms.

"You know, if a girl was here, she'd want to puke, not think you're cute Yabuki," Hikari shouted, but then cursed under her breath as she realized 'cute' was a bad word to use. Luckily no one except Ryu noticed, who shook his head.

"Hey I'm a girl!" Yamaguchi yelled, offended that her student didn't acknowledge her as one.

"What'd you say?" Yabuki roared angrily. "Let's make a little bet then! If you lose, you quit Kurogin and go back to where you came from!" Hikari hissed knowing she can't let that happen.

"It's a deal," she agreed. "And if I win, you quit insulting Odagiri." Ryu stood on the sidelines touched that his friend still cared for him, but cursed her in his head at how stupid she was being. From her spot, Hikari could hear the class making bets on who'd win. Of course all of them placed it on their leader.

The two got in their stance and Hikari was about the kick him until a cop came.

"COP!" Yamaguchi yelled and they all scattered like ants. Yabuki was struggling to run while putting his blazer back on. Ryu grabbed Hikari and the two ran for to an empty place and hid behind a tree. Unaware, Yabuki had been following them to finish their fight. The two jumped when Yabuki hid behind the tree with them. When they checked to make sure everything was safe, they came out. Hikari was laughing at Ryu who was chuckling. Yabuki screeched at them.

"OY!" His yell silenced them. "I won't take it easy on you, so you don't either," Yabuki said and got back in his stance. Ryu was about to leave until he realized Hikari and Yabuki were already fighting, so he stood there to observe. Hikari has been dodging all of his hits so far until a tiny voice cried out to them.

"Onee-chan!" Sayo cried, gaining the attention of Hikari and Ryu.

"Sayo?!" Hikari cried in surprise, however a low grunt was heard from her after as the distraction allowed Yabuki to knock her down, along with her cap. She jumped up in time to block one of his incoming punches.

"Onee-chan?" Ryu and Yabuki repeated confused and looked between the two girls then realized the similarities.

"Onee-chan!" Sayo yelled as she stood in front of her sister trying to block Yabuki's fist from colliding with her sister. Hikari grabbed Sayo before jumping out of the way. She threw her little sister at Ryu, who caught her with ease and explained what was going on to her. Ryu called to Hikari to explain things to him later as Yabuki and Hikari continued their fight.

"How about we make another deal?" Yabuki asked trying to hold Hikari down. Both he and Hikari had just knocked each other down at the same time so now they were on the ground wrestling. Ryu had now tried to hide the little girl's eyes from the awkward position the two fighters were in as Sayo cheered on her sister.

"Why not?" Hikari growled out as she flipped over so she was now on top.

"Instead of quitting school," Yabuki said. "You explain to me why you masqueraded as a guy and go on a date with me." While she was surprised, Yabuki took the moment to flip her over.

"Fine, but I won't lose!" She yelled before flipping him back over. "When I win, you have to treat Ryu with respect and keep me being a girl a secret!" The two continued fighting to be on top until Yabuki yanked her hair.

"What the heck?!" Hikari screeched, mentally slapping herself for almost cussing in front of her sister. "Only girls pull hair Yabuki!"

"It seems effective now that I've tried it!" He taunted and tried to throw a punch, allowing both of them to stand up. Hikari took a hit to the face because lunging at him.

"Well now let's see how you like it!" Hikari tried reaching for his head but failed as Yabuki took a step back, causing her to touch his collarbone by accident. What no one expected was for the mighty Yabuki to squeal like a little girl when that happened. Hikari stopped trying to hit him as she stood there laughing at  him.

"Did the leader of 3D just squealed?" Hikari taunted while giggling. Ryu couldn't help but chuckle at the discovery. "Who knew you'd have ticklish collarbones?"

"Shut up and let's fight!" Yabuki shouted embarrassed and hit Hikari in the gut and knocked her to the ground again, him on top. "Not again.."Ryu muttered under his breath. Taking the chance, Hikari knocked her head against Yabuki, causing both to stop struggling as they both fell limp, groaning in pain. Ryu let go of Sayo as they rushed over to the two.

"Onee-chan!" Sayo yelled and kicked Yabuki in the side, earning a loud 'Oof!' from him. "That's for hurting my sister!"

"Oh yeah?" Yabuki challenged. "Well your sister hurt me too!" Ryu looked between the two of them. "Well it's a tie since neither of you can stand." Ryu's words caused both of them to try to stand agian. Sayo kicked Yabuki in the shin angrily, causing him to fall to the ground again as Hikari stoof up in triumph.

"No fair!" Yabuki cried pointing at Sayo. "That brat kicked me!" Sayo pretended to bite of his finger, so he pulled it back and growled at her.

"For now I win," Hikari stated. "If you want, we'll have a rematch some other time." With that, Ryu and Sayo helped her back home as Yabuki laid on the ground consumed in thoughts.

When they were out of ear shot, Yabuki voiced his thoughts. "That girl was hot!" He grinned to himself thinking of how close he got to her, until he realized he actually got his kicked by her.

 

~Hikari's house~

 

"It's so nice to see you again Ryu-kun!" Hikari's mom cried cheerfully and hugged him before he left. Sayo hugged his legs also. Before he left, Sayo and their mom went inside so Hikari and Ryu could get some privacy.

"It's nice to see you again Ri-chan," Ryu said and pinched her cheek. "Don't get into fights anymore ok?" Hikari pouted before nodded and smiled at him.

"Be careful going home Ryu-kun!" The two old friends waved to each other as Ryu disappeared from view.

"You like that boy don't you Hikari?" Her mom said. Blushing, she turned around. "I don't know what you're talking about!" Her mom chuckled as Hikari scurried to her room.

"Onee-chan," Sayo said. "Who was that boy from earlier?" Think she meant Yabuki, Hikari frowned. "Yabuki's an immature boy that needed to be taught a lesson. And your big sister here kicked his !" She did her two fingers salute once again.

"No! The one that was just at the door!" Sayo cried. Hikari's mood quickly changed as she blushed. "He's the most amazing guy in the world, Ryu was an old friend of mine before I moved years ago." The younger Toda giggled and jumped into her sister's arms. "I want him to be my older brother when I grow up, onee-chan. Can you two get married?" Blushing at her sister's innocence, Hikari thought to herself, 'I wish we could. But he sees me as only a friend.'