Kudo the Senpai

The Girl that Stole Yabuki's Heart

"Ryu-kun!"  Hikari cried as she rushed into the class of 3D the next day with bruises hidden under her blazer and a band aid on her face. Instead of his usual greeting, Ryu gave her the cold shoulder and looked away, but they both knew he was concerned about the band aid on her face.

"Ryu-kun!" She repeated, desperation in her voice. "It's important, please listen to me!" Again he allowed 3D's noise drown out her yelling. Sighing, she gave up and decided to talk to Yabuki about it. "Yabuki!" Yabuki turned away from the darts board and Takeda, Tsucchi, Kosuke, and Yabuki pointed to her face.

"Ri-chan! What happened?" Tsucchi asked, obviously worried for his friend.

"Don't call me Ri-chan," She replied. "And I need to tell you guys something, and I need you to tell Ryu after."

"Why?" Kosuke asked. "Why don't you? He's right here. Hey Ryu come here!" Before she could protest, Ryu came over and sat behind Hikari, making her breath hitch.

"Well what is it?" Yabuki asked irritated. "I wanna finish this match already!" Hikari whacked him in the head before telling her story from the other night.

"Last night after I picked up Sayo, we were approached by some guys," She started. "They were strange--"

"Don't include unecessary details!" Yabuki scolded and Hikari began to pull his cheeks. "Ow ow ow! Okay okay okay! I won't interrupt you anymore!"

"Good!" Hikari muttered. "Well anyways, for some reason they wore Kurogin uniforms. When I pointed that out, the guy that seemed like the leader claimed he was Yabuki Hayato."

"WHAT?!" Yabuki cried, gaining the attention of everyone in class. "Who's the punk that's trying to pass as me?!" Immediately the other people in the class began asking what happened. Hikari sighed as Takeda tried to calm them down.

"Okay, I'll tell you guys what happen if you keep your loud mouths SHUT until the end of my explanation!" Hikari ordered annoyed. She heard 'Yes's around the class and began telling her story from the start.

"Yesterday after I picked up my sister, we were approached by five guys when we were near the tunnel," Hikari paused to see if anyone would interrupt, they didn't. "I don't know how they got them, but they were wearing Kurogin uniforms. When I pointed them out, the supposed leader of the group claimed to be Yabuki. And then the guy next to him claimed to be Ryu." Eyes were then turned to their two leaders. "Of course Ryu is...was.." Hikari whispered that part since she didn't know if they were anymore, but no one noticed except two of them. "My best friend, so I got angry and attacked the guy claiming to be Ryu first."

"Why not the guy pretending to be me first?!" Yabuki cried offended, but was muffled by Tsucchi so Hikari could continue. She nodded him a thanks and he reuturned his own nod.

"I already knew they weren't the real guys, so I told Sayo to call the cops. The guy claiming to be Ryu hit her so I jumped on him for his second offense. I knocked out one of the other guys already so the others were hesitating to pull me off the fake Ryu. Anyways I ended up pulling his mask off, and the guy looked like a gangster and is no longer in high school. Maybe a few years older than us," Hikari explained as yells came from around the class, especially Yabuki.

"Guys what's that sound?" Hikari asked as she heard yelling. Sure there was yelling in the room but there was more somewhere else.

"Outside," Ryu said and everyone looked out the windows.

"We want Yabuki and Odagiri!" the guys were yelling. All this ruckus for just two guys? What happened?

"Did you guys do something last night?" Hikari asked them. Yabuki narrowed his eyes at her. "Of course not! We went home after eating ramen!" She looked at him in the eyes and realized he was telling the truth. Her eyes widened as an idea hit her. "All of you stay here, I think I know what's going on!" Everyone watched their female classmate run out the door and next to Yamaguchi, who was walking into the group of gangsters that were about to raid the school.

"What do you need from those two?" Yamaguchi asked with a fake smile plastered on her face. The guy with the least injuries pointed around.

"Those two hurt my friends," he accused. Yamaguchi and Hikari looked at all the guys with injuries in shock. "Are you sure it was Odagiri and Yabuki? Yamaguchi asked.

"They told us their names," the guy with the cast said. "There's no mistake. They said if we had any problems, come to Kurogin High." Hikari swallowed nervously, realizing her assumption was true.

"No," she spoke up. Everyone looked at the small girl in confusion. "To be honest I was attacked by a couple of guys last night too. They also claimed to be Ryu and Yabuki, but I know my best friend. He'd never hurt me like that. I even pulled his mask off, and the guy under it wasn't even someone from this school! I bet the imposters that attacked me last night are the same ones that attacked you guys!" Unforunately the guys didn't believe her, thinking she was just defending her friends, so Yamaguchi and Hikari ended up having to make them leave the hard way.

In class, Yamaguchi's conversation was similar to their conversation with Hikari just an hour ago.

"We went home right after eating ramen," Yabuki stated again, annoyed that his teacher didn't believe him.

"Where do you find an idiot that says his name after he beats up people?" Ryu asked with a 'duh' tone in his voice, earning laughs from everyone.

"Besides I already told you it wasn't them," Hikari said defending her friends again. "I pulled off the guy's mask remember? I even said the guy didn't look like he was from this school. Someone's framing them." When Yamaguchi asked if they had any enemies, the guys began naming almost every single school in that district.

"You guys gotta be kidding me!" Hikari exclaimed with her jaw almost to the ground.

"Damn it!" Tsucchi cried dramatically. "There's too many to know which one it is!" With that, Yamaguchi left the room for the class to be on their own.

"To use our names like that," Yabuki snarled. "Is unforgivable!" Hikari snorted from behind him.

"To top it off, that Ryu imposter punched my sister," She said pouting as she sat in the desk next to Yabuki.

"Ah! They make me so mad!" Tsucchi complained as he scratched his head.

"They also did a lot of damage to Ri-chan," Takeda pointed out worriedly as everyone turned and saw her flinch at Kosuke putting his hand on her shoulder.

"Don't call me Ri-chan," Hikari let out. "And really don't touch me for a while, that hurts." Kosuke apologized as they turned to Yabuki for advice. Tsucchi suggested they find the culprits themselves, and as soon as Yabuki approved it, everyone began getting upbeat at finding them.

"Aren't you guys getting off track a bit?" Ryu asked quietly when someone suggested bringing a sleeping bag. Hikari looked at him sadly but turned away quickly when she saw him about to look at her. However as descreet as she tried to be, one person noticed what happened. Everyone bagan planning what to do while Yabuki, Tsucchi, Takeda, Kosuke, and Ryu talked with Hikari privately outside the classroom,

"From what I heard, they wear Kurogin uniforms and they have masks on," Takeda summed up and Yabuki wrote them down. Everyone looked over at Hikari.

"Hikari you were the only one that was able to see one of their faces," Ryu said. At 'Hikari', she felt her heart hurt. Again only one person noticed the change, he decided to ask them about this later. "Can you describe him?" Ignoring her painful heart, Hikari described everything she could. Yabuki began to draw a picture of the five imposters, which was pretty good....If they were entering a little kids' art contest! However they had to go with it since that was all they had. Of course Hikari drew the face of the fake Ryu. The other four guys reluctantly told Hikari and Yabuki to go copy the pictures for later as they gathered up the class. They did their task without talking to each other until Yabuki decided to break the silence on the way back.

"Why does Ryu call you Hikari now?" Yabuki asked out of no where. Shocked at his sudden question, Hikari tried to evade it.

"I don't know," she said too quickly.

"Don't lie to me," Yabuki said. "I'm smart enough to tell you're lying."

"Wow would you like a prize?" Hikari snapped. "Just leave me alone and let's find those guys okay?" She gave him a sad smile as they walked to the playground.

"Gather around!" Yabuki ordered, swinging on a duck. "This is a picture of what they look like." Tsucchi and Takeda began handing out the pictures as Yabuki gave his to Ryu. Hikari didn't need one since she knew what they looked like, kinda... but was forced to take one anyways so she can ask around.

"I guess this picture isn't enough," Yabuki sighed disappointed as they stepped out of the fifth place they looked at.

"But you guys have the balls to step out of the pachinko parlor," a voice scolded. Everyone jumped at the new voice.

"Sayo!" Hikari exclaimed as she saw Yamaguchi step up behind them with Sayo.

"Onee-chan, what are you guys doing?" Sayo asked with her arms crossed. Hikari looked at the guys who were staring or trying to get a date with her, except Ryu. "Honestly onee-chan... Ryu, I get it, but why do you hang out with these losers? They're such delinquents." Her comment turned the guys off as they yelled "Oy!" which went ignored by Hikari.

"We're looking for some imposters who have been framing them," Hikari explained. "Let's go to the park, we'll explain there."

"You guys are thinking of your friends," Yamaguchi stated proudly after they explained their reason. "So did you find any clues?" Ryu walked up and handed her the picture.

"There's no way we can find them with this," Ryu said. "Although we might find the guy who claimed to be me since Hikari saw his face."

"It's not fair!" Yabuki cried and puffed his chest out as he stood up. "How come you didn't pull the masks off all of them?" Hikari jumped up with him and poked him in the chest.

"I was trying to get revenge on the guy that punched my sister!" She yelled back. "If I had to chance to pull off all of their masks, don't you think I would've by now?" Sayo held back Hikari as the guys ran to Yabuki.

"Go home for now," Yamaguchi said. "If head teacher saw you walking around this time, you'd be in trouble." As if she jinxed them, a cop walked up to them.

"What's this?" He asked suspiciously with a smirk. "Well well. Fancy meeting all of you here." Yamaguchi politely greeted him, as did Sayo, but Hikari and the other guys stood there glaring at him. "Extracurricular activites this late at night? What is it? Prosititution?" The cop made that comment while looking at Hikari, causing her to jerk to his direction.

"What'd you say you--" Sayo threw her hand onto her sister's mouth to keep her from saying anything as Takeda and Kosuke held her arms in place. Yabuki s his arms around her waist in case she broke free. If looks could kill, the cop would be 6 feet under because of Hikari's murderous gaze.

"No that's not it," Yamaguchi replied with an edge in her voice. "Are you patrolling?"

"Yes," the cop said still with arrogance. "There have been disturbing incidents lately. Office break ins and purse snatching." He turned to the guys. "Don't tell me it's you guys, is it?" Hikari felt Yabuki tense next to her so she elbowed him, making him snap out of his rage. Yamaguchi had plastered another fake smile on her face as she stepped between them.

"Please stop suspecting people with bright futures without any proof," Yamaguchi asked, but the students could tell by her voice that she was getting ready to kill the cop. Hikari was finally released as she stepped up next to Yamaguchi.

"People with bright futures?" The cop laughed. "Do your best, adiOS!" As he said the last syllable, he poked the girls on their heads. Hikari laughed and began rolling up her sleeves, getting ready to take out that cop until they latched onto her again.

"That guy makes me so mad," Yamaguchi giggled sarcastically. Sayo glared at him form behind. "What a rude guy! Calling my sister a e!"

"Yamaguchi-sensei," Hikari said as she finally calmed down. "Can you walk my sister home? I need to talk to the guys about these incidents some more." Yamaguchi knew her students could take care of themselves, kinda... and agreed to walk the younger sister home.

"Your sister is so cute!" Tsucchi exclaimed when Sayo was out of hearing range. Kosuke agreed with him.

"Can you get her to go on a date with me?" Kosuke pleaded, but the two were met with a slap from Hikari.

"No," She replied annoyed. Hikari turned back to the guys. "Look, they're already suspecting you guys and from what I've seen, the imposters don't have a girl with them. It might be best if I walked each of you guys home."

"No way!" Yabuki denied. "I don't need a female ! I'm a strong man!" He flexed his arm to prove his point, but recieved a flick in the head from Hikari.

"I know, but you guys are suspects!" Hiakri reasoned. "They'll believe you if I'm with you! Maybe..." Everyone thought about it and realized she might be right. They decided to drop Ryu off since his house was the closest for now.

The guys laughed as they realized they got lost and ended at the park again, but Hikari wasn't too happy about it.

"I know I'm supposed to walk you guys home," She said angrily. "But I gotta get home too you know!? Yabuki you idiot! You led us in circles!"

"What'd you say?!" Yabuki exclaimed and grabbed her by her collar. They broke apart when Tsucchi poked them.

"Guys, we got company," Takeda said softly.

"Yo, it's been a while," Yabuki greeted. Hikari tugged at Takeda's blazer.

"You know these guys?" She asked. Takeda nodded his head but stayed silent. If he didn't talk, then things must be serious. Hikari began rolling up her sleeves since the guys looked like they wanted a fight.

"Kudo," Ryu identified as a man that looked older than them by about a year walked to them. "How'd it feel getting a bit of attention?" Kudo asked as he smirked at their group. His smirk dropped as he saw Hikari. Hikari scanned the group in front of her and gasped as she stopped on one man in the back.

"It's you..." She whispered, and gained the attention of her group. "You're that guy from before..."

"So you recognize him?" Kudo challenged. "I remember you. The girl from the other night that took out one of my men." He looked at Ryu, Yabuki, Takeda, Kosuke, and Tsucchi. "Which one of these guys do you belong to?" His question caused Ryu and Yabuki to step up in front of her defensively. "So the leaders of 3D share you huh? My, my, my, what a naughty girl. Yabuki, Odagiri, how about sharing her with us too?" Kudo's gang laughed at his comment as Hikari was about to floor him. However Tsucchi and Takeda once again held her back.

"You dropped out of school," Ryu said. "What are you up to now?"

"I had some free time, so I thought I have a little fun," Kudo stated. "Right?" His crew nodded. "You wanna join us? We'll welcome both of you." His gaze turned to Hikari. "And your girl too. It must be boring in that stinkin' place huh? Ryu, all this time you've hated school right?" Ryu stayed quiet as everyone turned to him.

"Not really," he replied. "It's not cumpletely uninteresting either." Yabuki snickered and backed him up.

"Hey," Kudo growled. "We came all this way to recruit you! What's your answer?" Ryu looked at Kudo as if he was the dirtiest thing Ryu's ever seen.

"We decline," Ryu said, angering Kudo. "Sorry, but I have no interest in becoming one of you guys."

"We don't have free time like you," Yabuki spoke. Hikari's breath stopped as Yabuki stepped up to Kudo. He did his bunny thing with his fingers, causing Hikari to squeal at how cute it was in her mind. 'Wait, did I just think something that lame brain did was cute?' "See ya." She snapped out of her thoughts at Yabuki's voice. They turned to walk away until Kudo's crew surrounded them. Hikari jumped slightly as they pulled out pocket kinves. She got into a fighting stance as Yabuki pulled up his collar.

"Formation B," Yabuki said calmly, earning smiles from the other guys except Ryu and Hikari.

"B?" They asked confused as the other guys yelled "Roger!" At Yabuki's "Go!" everyone ran in different directions. Ryu and Hikari did so a bit after them though since they didn't know what was going on just yet. Hikari laughed as she ran from the brainless guys. She turned a corner and halted when she realized she could've fallen into a construction ditch.

"I wonder..." She whispered as she threw the things out of the way. Hikari turned and saw the crew. "Hey! Over here!"

"Let's get Odagiri's girl!" one of the called, making her heart throb in pain again. But Hikari tried to ignore it and ran forward, making them fall and stick into the ditch. She turned to stick her tongue at them before running again. Hikari slowed down as she thought no one was around anymore, but her hopes fell as she saw three guys walk up in front of her. When she turned around, Hikari was grabbed by two guys. 'If only they didn't catch me by surprise...' She thought hopelessly.

"Let go of her!" a voice called and jump kicked one of the men holding her. Hikari used this chance and knocked out the other guy holding her. Together, she and her savior dealt blows on the three guys in front before her savior grabbed her hand to run. "Let's go!" The wind blew hair in her face, making her unable to see who it was, but his voice was familiar so she's safe. Right? They finally slowed down to a stop as the two of them bent down to catch their breath.

"You owe me...Toda," the man gasped. "I just saved your back there." Hikari gapsed as she looked up.

"Bunny boy?!" She exclaimed.

"Don't call me names when I just saved you Ri-chan," Yabuki mocked. Hikari quietly whispered a thank you and walked next to him. "Aren't you gonna go home now?"

"I didn't look where I was going," she admitted. "So I'm kinda lost right now." Yabuki pointed at her and laughed until she pulled his cheeks again. "SHUT UP!"

"Ok ok ok!" Yabuki replied with his hands up defensively. "Let's just find Ryu and bring you to his house." He noticed she was no longer following him, but looked down and grabbed his sleeve. "What's wrong?" He asked as Yabuki sighed annoyed.

"I confessed to Ryu," Hikari replied unaware of what she was saying. Her heart just hurts too much from what happened the other night. "But he doesn't feel the same and he wants us to be distant for a while." Yabuki didn't know what to do as the girl began tearing up in front of him. He's never experienced anything like this! Well that's because he never saw a girl crying before, let alone this tomboy, agressive, fighter Hikari! This was the first time Yabuki's ever seen her so vulnerable. Not knowing what to do, Yabuki, slowly patted her on the back.

"There there?" He said nervously. "How about I let you stay at my house for tonight and I'll walk you back home tomorrow? It seems like it'll be past midnight if I walked you home, even if our houses were close."

"Thank you Hayato," Hikari said. He looked at her shocked. "You're not such a bad guy after all."Hikari nodded and dried her tears, so Yabu-- Hayato thought things were alright again. Hayato smirked to himself. 'This is the first time she's addressed me as Hayato. Should I call her Ri-chan now? Oh wait I've been calling her that...' Their time of peace came to an end when Hayato received a call.

"Oh Ryu? What's wrong?" Hayato asked into his phone. Hikari looked at him concerned. 'I have a bad feeling about this...' She thought. "Where's Ryu??" Hayato's growl gave Hikari a sinking feeling in her heart. She took the phone from Hayato.

"If you punks touch a hair on his head, I'll rip your throats out," Hikari threatened. All she could hear was a laugh and the man repeated what he said to Hayato before hanging up. "Let's go." Hayato grabbed her arm.

"No, I'm going," he said to her. "It's too dangerous for you."

"Ryu's my best friend no matter what happened, Yabuki," Hikari snarled. "And I wanna kill that Kudo guy if he hurts Ryu!" Knowing he wouldn't be able to stop her, Hayato raced her to the warehouse.

"Ryu!" Hayato called as they got in.

"Ryu!" Hikari cried when she saw a beat up Ryu beaten into the boxes. "Those bastards...What did they do to you?" She hugged him close to her chest as Ryu gently pushed her away.

"Are you okay?" Hayato asked.

"I think so," Ryu replied. "Where are Kudo and his gang?" Before anyone replied, they heard something rumbling. Hikari yelled and pointed to the the door, which was closing fast.

"Can you stand?" Hayato asked quickly as he and Hikari helped Ryu stand up and they each supported a side. The three dragged themselves to the door, but couldn't make it in time.

"Agh!" Hikari screamed as she pounded on the door. "Let us out!" Ryu sunk to the ground as Hayato pulled out his phone.

He silently cursed under his breath. "No signal." Hikari stared at him in disbelief.

"We're screwed..."