Maid Hikari

The Girl that Stole Yabuki's Heart

Ryu sat there still shocked. Tsucchi and Kosuke stared at her drooling. Takeda seemed to be blushing as he looked down. And Hayato, he was staring at her with a huge grin on his face.

"What are you guys doing here?!" Hikair demanded in a hushed whisper.

"We missed hanging out with you so we followed you," Takeda explained. "It looks like we're seeing the feminine side of you here Ri-chan." Hikari was about to yell at them but noticed her boss staring so she forced a fake smile on.

"So masters, what would you like to have today?" Hikari asked through clenched teeth. Ryu smirked at her and decided to help make it better by acting like a real customer.

"One slice of strawberry cake please," Ryu requested. Takeda asked for a lemon square. Both Tsucchi and Kosuke asked for hot cocoa and chocolate doughnuts.

"And what would you like master Hayato?" Hikari asked as she glared at him with a fake smile, making her looked a bit crazy to the customers who didn't know what was going on.

"Hm, master Hayato," Hayato repeated with a smirk. "I like the sound of that. So how about some chocolate cake?" Hikari nodded to them and gave their orders to Ms.Ichigo. She continued welcoming guests until she was asked to take out the trash. As Hikari threw it away, she felt a hand slap her back.

"Yes, what is it?" Hikari asked and turned around. She frowned when she noticed it was the same drunkard from a few days ago. "What do you want?"

"It was your fault I couldn't get that maid girl," the drunkard slurred again. Hikari grimiced when she smelled alcohol from his breath. "Now you're gonna pay! Get her boys!" Hikari looked around confused until two more men stepped up from behind the drunk man.

"Well she did say, not in the cafe," Hikari muttered under her breath. "And I'm outside right now." One of the men charged at her and grabbed her arm, but she twisted her body around, getting out of his grip, and throw the man to the side. As the other man's leg came at her, Hikari jumped up and kicked the man square in the face. Dodging blows and dealing some of her own damage, Hikari finally managed to knock out all three men and went back inside and asked Ms. Ichigo for the orders for her friends' table.

"I'm sorry dear," Ms. Ichigo replied. "But you took so long that Maya took that table for you." Hikari ran back and became shocked at the sight. Maya seemed to be flirting with her friends! Not only that but Sayo was there also.

"What's going on here?" Hikari furiously questioned.

"Onee-chan, where were you?" Sayo asked annoyed. "I went to visit your work and I saw Ryu so I asked to sit with them. And your friend Maya's being a flirt with the guys here. Don't worry though, the only idiot that fell for that ugly girl was Hayato." Hikari smirked at her sister's words, but it had a different effect on Maya. Hayato on the other hand pouted.

"Well I don't have a girlfriend, when a girl like this comes up, how can I say no?" Hayato asked and checked out Maya again.

"Look here, you manly girl!" Maya insulted. "You better learn to teach your sister to respect her elders or I'll teach her myself. And as for you!" She turned to poke Sayo in the head. "It's not my fault he thinks I'm hot so deal with it." 

"You know, you should really learn to treat your customers right," Ryu shot back, making Maya blush and tried to apologize but Hayato continued being charmed by her.

"I don't know how my sister stands working with you," Sayo added with her arms crossed. "Everytime there's a guy you think is attractive, you become such an easy girl. It's pretty sad actually...You're a disgrace to girls." Maya growled and raised her hand to slap Sayo.

"Don't," Hikari growled, "you dare slap my sister." Maya began to stumble backwards and pushed herself into Hayato who held her protectively. "You can insult me, humiliate me, whatever you want. But when you go for people I love, I won't hold back." Ryu instantly stood up and pulled Hikari back while Hayato hid Maya behind him.

Look here Toda," Hayato stated. "And you too mini Toda!" Sayo threw him a dirty look and wanted to jump him but was held back by Tsucchi. "You two are the two most annoying girls I've ever met. You, Sayo, you need to learn when to hold your tongue or it'll get you in trouble one day. And as for you Hikari, learn to act like a girl. It's no wonder Ryu rejected you! You're basically a man born into a girl's body! That's the only thing that makes you female!" Hayato's outburst now caused everyone in the cafe to stare at their table as Tsucchi, Sayo, Takeda, and Kosuke paid their bills and went to leave, well Sayo was dragged out by them. Hayato tugged at Maya's hand and started pulling her away. "Come on Maya, I'll walk you home." The girl silently agreed with a smirk on her face as she followed him.

"What happened?!" Ms. Ichigo demanded angrily. Ryu calmly explained the story to her as Hikari shook from the tears she held in. Customers were whispering about what happened. "Oh dearie, just go on home okay? But you were about to break a rule again, so I'll have to dock your pay okay dearie?" Hikari nodded looking down. She quickly changed and went out to meet Ryu at the door.

"Let's go," Ryu whispered in her ear and pulled her out of the cafe. They walked a few blocks before bringing her to the park. "Don't worry about what Hayato said okay? You know why I didn't accept your feelings. And you're not a man that was born in a girl's body. You're a girl who knows how to be independent and can handle things for herself." He embraced the sobbing girl as she continued weeping on his shoulder. Ryu rubbed her back gently while Hikari's grip on his shirt tightened.

"He stepped on my wounds Ryu," Hikari whispered. "I've been turned down more than once because of my lack of girliness." She choked out her thoughts as Ryu held her tighter. "I'm glad you rejected me though Ryu, you deserve better than me." She sat up and sent him a heartbroken smile, to which he shook his head.

"No, don't say that okay?" Ryu assured, shaking her shoulders. "Don't ever think you're not good enough for anyone." They shared another friendly hug as Hikari thanked him for comforting her.

"Well, well, well," a voice slurred. "Isn't this sweet? Our baby girl's got herself a boyfriend!" That drunkard was back! And this time it seemed like he took everyone in the bar with him!

"Who's that?" Ryu asked her in a hushed whisper. His fists balled up when he saw the men come into view.

"A drunk man I saved one of the maids from a few days ago," Hikari answered. "And he approached me today too, that's why it took me a while to come back in. I thought I knocked him out already though..."

"Look baby girl, I got a couple more friends to help me out today," the drunk man stated and giggled stupidly. "Get her boys!" Two attacks from the same guy in one day? 'Well I'm pretty pissed, so here's a good way to take out my anger.' Hikari thought and punched the man that lunged at her.

"Ri-chan watch your back!" Ryu cried as he knocked out a man coming from behind Hikari. Together, Hikari and Ryu stood back to back to fight. Ryu bent down so Hikari rolled over his back and kicked two men on the side. As he stood up, Ryu kicked another man. Hikari dodged a blow from the side as Ryu bent down and tripped him, letting Hikari knock him out with a punch. However they begun to tire after knocking out about ten men each.

"What do we do now?" Hikari asked nervously as the drunk men began to close in. Ryu smirked at her when he rememebered something Hayato taught him.

"Formation B?" Ryu asked, earning a giggle from Hikari. She nodded and when Ryu counted to three, the two jumped out of their fighting stances and bolted in a random direction together. "I can't believe those guys are actually chasing us!" Hikari turned and realized Ryu was right.

"Someone help!!!!" Hikari screamed as they ran. Unfortunately it only took them a couple of blocks before the two started slowing down. They were once again surrounded by the men and were forced to stand back to back like before. Ryu grunted as a fist was thrown at him. A foot knocked Hikari down, earning a shriek from her. Both Ryu and Hikari tried to protect each other as they dealt with all kinds of blows from the men. Ryu was the most unlucky one though. A man's vision was so messed up from the alcohol that he grabbed Ryu's , thinking it was Hikari.

"OY!" Ryu shouted but was wilenced by a fist hitting him.

"Don't you dare touch my precious students!" A female voice roared. The men stopped and looked at the source of the voice while Ryu and Hikari tried to desperately protect each other again, huddling together. Looking closely, Hikari recognized the lady as their teacher. Yamaguchi had her hair down and had thrown her glasses somewhere else.

"Who are you?" One of the men asked.

"Me?" Yamaguchi asked innocently. "I am their homeroom teacher. May I have my students back now?" The men laughed uncontrollably.

"Teacher?" The main drunkard asked. "Don't make me laugh. Kou let's get her!" The men begin charging at Yamaguchi, trying to damage her. Ryu and Hikari watched in awe as their teacher prevailed and defeated the men single handedly.

"Why were these men trying to beat you two?" Yamaguchi asked. Hikari explained her history with the drunk man and Yamaguchi nodded, showing that she understood. "Well you two better head home now okay? Ryu-kun you're okay walking by yourself right? I'll walk our Ri-chan home!" Hikari lightly punched her teacher on the shoulder as a joke after they waved/saluted bye to Ryu.

"Yamaguchi-sensei?" Hikari asked. "Why are you so strong?" Yamaguchi began freaking out and trying to make up an excuse. "I was just kidding teach, I already know your secret." Hikari winked at her teacher and walked ahead.

"How?!" Yamaguchi fearfully asked. "How did you know I'm from a yakuza family?!" Hikari stopped in her steps and whipped around.

"I was just kidding!" Hikari cried. "I didn't expect this to happen!"

"No! You have to promise not to tell anyone!" Yamaguchi pleaded.

"Of course not!" Hikari promised. "You're an awesome teacher, and I'd never want to lose you. Well this is where I should go on my own, see ya tomorrow Yamaguchi!" Hikari saluted her before running to her house. 'Wow, a yakuza for a teacher...Who would've thought?'