Learning the Ways of a Yazuka

The Girl that Stole Yabuki's Heart

A few days have passed since the incident at the maid cafe and Hayato and Hikari were worse than ever. Hayato had asked Maya out so he visited the cafe a lot. He even helps Maya pull pranks on Hikari, causing her to fume endlessly at the two of them. The two continued attacking each other with words, paper, and sometimes fists, despite the other four between them. For Hikari, the only good thing about that day was figuring out Yamaguchi's secret. Then again having Ryu defend her wasn't that bad either.

"Yamaguchi-sensei please!!!!" Hikari begged on her knees after school ended. "Please teach me!!!" Ever since that day she found out her teacher's identity, Hikari's been begging Yamaguchi to teach her how to fight like a yazuka. "Please! I'll do anything! I'll get higher grade scores! I'll call you Yankumi!"

"Quit down Toda-san!" Yamaguchi hissed as she whipped around trying to see if anyone was there.

"Please Yankumi!" Hikari pleaded with fake tears in her eyes. "Yankumi-sensei please!!!" Yankumi was about to reject her, but then stopped a bit. Forgetting that it was to bribe her, Yankumi became touched by her student.

"You," Yankumi muttered. "Called me 'Yankumi'!" Hikari nodded her head vigorously. "Ok! Let's start today!" Hikari cheered in her head and leaped up with glee.

"Well then let's go right now!" Hikari pulled the teacher out in front of the school gates and realized she didn't know where to go. "Yankumi lead the way!" She pumped her fist up in the air and followed Yankumi to the Oedo house. "Your house is huge!" Hikari stood in front of the gates with her jaw on the ground.

"Grandfather I'm back!" Yankumi cried, ignoring her student. Hikari quickly trailed her into the house, but was stopped by a man in a pink kimono that looked pretty threatening.

"EEK!" Hikari squealed and tried to get away when he held her up by her collar.

"Tetsu!" Yankumi simply yelled and the Tetsu guy dropped Hikari and apologized. "This is my student that figured out my identity, she's already sworn to secreacy and requests we teach her our ways. Tetsu, I shall be placing her in your care until she knows enough to train under me."

"Yes, Ojou!" Tetsu called as Yankumi went somewhere else. Hikari backed up against a wall as Tetsu turned to smirk at her. "Your first task it to clean this entire dojo."

"Ehh?" Hikari cried. "Why?! And this place is huge!"

"It clears the mind and calms the soul," Tetsu said as he breathed in deeply with his hands out in front of him. "It builds your stamina over time." Hikari relunctantly obeyed and began cleaning. During that time, she met the rest of the people, who were suspicious of her at first but they began to trust her when Yankumi came down and told them to. By the time she was done, Hikari felt sores all over her body and that it was night time already.

"Yankumi, I have to go home now!" She cried and groaned as she threw her bag over her shoulder like Ryu does. "Good bye." Hikari weakly jogged home and saw Hayato and Maya making out in front of the cafe. "Get a room!" Hikari threw a rock at them as she yelled that, earning glares from the two of them.

"Shut up Toda!" Maya shrieked angrily.

"I think you mean TOAD," Hayato mocked as the two of them laughed at her. Hikari fumed as she stalked over to them.

"Look," She hissed. "I've had a tiring day today, and I'm not in the mood for you two. So just shut it and get a room."

"If you didn't feel like it," Hayato retorted and grabbed her wrist. "Then you shouldn't have spoke." He threw her to the ground and as he turned to leave with Maya, Hikari jumped up on his back and began yanking his hair. "OW GET OFF!"

"I've had it with you!" Hikari cried as she jumped off of him and got into a fighting stance. Hayato just simply leaped into the air at her and the two began to fight it out once again. However luck was on Hayato's side since Hikari was extremely tired out from Tetsu's 'training.'

"There," Hayato growled at her as he stood up to wipe dirt off of him. "Now why don't you drag yourself back to your swamp?" Maya ran up next to him and giggled at how he was so 'strong.' Hikari groaned on the ground by how much worse she felt as the other two left.

"I'm gonna ki Yabuki," Hikari snarled and limped herself back home. The next few days went on like that. After school Hikari would go to Yankumi's dojo and learn basic things from Tetsu. Then at night she would go home. However on this day she had work so she told Yankumi she'd come another day.

"Welcome to our cafe!" Hikari chirped sweetly. "Please follow me-- Oh! Ryu!" She grinned knowing she didn't have to act cutesy with him. "What's up?" Ryu chuckled at her change in personality.

"You've been busy lately so I thought we could talk a bit today," Ryu stated. "You seem to be working a lot lately, don't overwork yourself okay?" Hikari nodded and handed him a menu as she waited for him to decide. She hid the fact that she was upset that she still liked him. It was hard to move on when the person you like is pretty handsome, smart, and is a sweety.

"I'll be right back okay?" Hikari asked. "I'm going to welcome the new guests." Ryu nodded and she walked over to the door. "Welcome to our cafe I--" She was interrupted with a hand in her face.

"Maya-chan!" An annoyingly familiar voice called. Hikari slapped his hand away, realizing it was just Hayato. She walked back over to Ryu.

"Never mind," Hikari muttered. "It was just bunny boy. So what would you like?"

"Lemon pie please," Ryu replied as he handed her the menu. Hikari came back with a slice a few seconds later. "Thank you Ri-chan."

"Ri-chan!" Hayato's voice came, bringing a scowl to Hikari's face. "Can you get me a slice of lemon pie too?" She stomped over to him.

"Why couldn't you just get your girlfriend to do it?" Hikari asked annoyed.

"Aww jealous Ri-chan?" Hayato teased. "Besides, Maya-chan seems busy enough. As for you, you're just being lazy on your fat trying to flirt to Ryu." Hayato watched in amusement as Hikari raised a fork wanting to stab him, but mentally fighting herself to not do so.

"Yes, master Hayato," Hikari hissed through clenched teeth. She came back again later with a slice of lemon pie, but felt herself flying again as a foot tripped her. "Kyaa!" As she hit the ground, the pie she held splattered onto Hayato's blazer, causing him to yell and jump up. Ryu, who had seen the whole thing, walked over annoyed to help Hikari up.

"Hayato-kun!" Maya cried in a fake surprised tone. "Are you okay? I saw that girl spill a pie all over you!" The two smirked to each other as Maya tried to wipe it off. Around them, they could hear "What a clumsy maid!" which caused Hikari's anger to grow.

"I didn't spill pie on him on purpose!" Hikari defended herself. "You stuck your foot out and tripped me!"

"Nu uh!" Yumi retorted. "We saw it too, and you fell on your own." The other maids that hated Hikari threw in their agreements. Only a few besides the maids had seen what actually happened, so they stood up for Hikari.

"What's going on here?" Ms.Ichigo cried angrily when she heard the fuss.

"Maya tripped Hikari and caused her to spill pie onto a customer," Ryu answered trying to hold Hikari back from attacking Hayato and Maya. Protests from the other maids and Hayato were heard as they tried to defend Maya.

"Enough!" Ms.Ichigo yelled. "Based on the past, Yumi and Maya had tried to trip Hikari before. I also know you girls don't like Hikari. And from how I see it, Hikari and Maya are our best maids, Hikari won't trip by accident like that. You girls, apologize to your co worker and get back to work."

"Ms. Ichigo, if  may," Hikari spoke looking down. "May I get off early today? I'll work overtime next time to make up for today." Seeing Hikari's clenched fists, Ms.Ichigo agreed.

"It's fine dear, and don't worry about overtime unless you really want to," she replied. "These girls will take over your shift since they caused this incident."

"Ugh!" Maya shrieked. "It's not fair! She acts like a clutz and gets special treatment!"

"I believe in justice," Ms.Ichigo argued back. "You did something bad to her, so you face karma. I'm not like the other bosses who just don't care." Hikari thanked her boss as Ryu paid and the two left together.

"Are you okay Ri-chan?" Ryu asked concerned seeing fire in her eyes. Unable to speak, Hikari nodded. "I'm your childhood friend Ri-chan, I know when you're okay of not."

"So why'd you ask?" Hikari asked moodly, but Ryu didn't take offense from it.

"Just wanted to know if you could admit it." Hikari nodded in reply again.

"Ryu?" The man turned his head to the girl behind him. "Can you put both of your hands up?" Ryu obeyed her with confusion until he saw her get into a boxing stance.

"If you wanted to be like that, you could've just told me," Ryu said chuckling and began walking again. "Follow me." Hikari followed him to his house as Ryu led her into a work out room in his house.

"Your house is so much bigger than I remembered!" Hikari exclaimed. "Wah and you got a sandbag to box with too! Lucky!" Ryu smirked at how fast she forgot her anger. She watched as he walked behind the bag and held it.

"Well?" Ryu teased. "Aren't you going to hit it?" Hikari snapped back to her senses and began punching the bag. Ryu winced at her powerful punches and began to think back to Hayato. "Hey Ri-chan, can you answer some things?"

"Sure, what is it?" Hikari asked as she stopped punching.

"Why do you hate Hayato?" Ryu asked. She looked at him surprised.

"I don't remember what made me start disliking him," Hikari admitted as she thought about it. "But over time he acts like a jerk. the way he picks on me, UGH!" She threw another punch at the bag.

"What do you hate about him?" Ryu asked.

"Everything!" Hikari answered as she knocked the bag again. "The way he smirks, thinking he's so great, how he flirted with me at times, how he's such an idiot, I hate that he's going out with Maya knowing she's my enemy! And most of all I hate how he picks on me so much!" Her last punch had so much force that Hikari's hair ended up flying into her face.

"And do you think you're jealous of Maya and Hayato?" Ryu asked curiously, causing Hikari to stop once again. Was she jealous?

"No!" She denied. "Ew! Like I'd ever like him! Why would I be jealous of someone that's with Hayato? Bunny boy's an annoying guy, I hate him." She turned away, crossing her arms.

"I never asked if you liked him," Ryu stated smugly. "I just asked if you were jealous."

"Of course not, but I have to like him to be jealous right?" Hikari retorted. "He's the most nerve wracking guy I've ever met. He drives me crazy, why can't he just be like you guys? I'll be less stressed."

"Maybe it's because you need him," Ryu blurted out, catching her attention. "You were always a wild one Ri-chan. Maybe you need Hayato to tame you and you to tame him."

"Ryu, if you're trying to set me up with him, it's not going to work," Hikari replied annoyed. "I'm never going to like an idiot like that." Ryu sighed and continued holding the bag for her to punch until her anger was out.

"Let's watch movies like we used to," Ryu suggested and took her to the living room once they were done. He took out some horror films and showed them to her for Hikari to choose.

"This one!" Hikari cried and plopped in a ghost film after Ryu gave her some clothes to change into. However the film got so boring that the two of them ended up falling asleep.

"Morning," Hikari yawned but noticed Ryu was no longer there. "Ryu?"

"Kitchen!" He called. She walked in and smelled an amazing fregrance. "Don't worry, I called your mom already so she knows you're here."

"Thanks," Hikari said mindlessly as she sniffed the air. Ryu chuckled and threw a pancake at her. "It smells so good!" The two finished the amazing breakfast Ryu cooked up for them and Hikari said good bye to him. Luckily it was a weekend, or they would've been pretty late. Hikari walked to Yankumi's dojo, unaware of the figure following her. "Morning Yankumi!"

"Toda-san!" Yankumi greeted with a smile. "Good morning!" She stopped when she noticed her clothes. "Toda-san, whose clothes are those?"

"Oh, these are Ryu's, I was at his house last night so he let me borrow them," Hikari replied. She stared at Yankumi who looked at her with eyes that resembled plates.

"Ehh? Alone at a boy's house?!" She cried. "Toda-san be careful not to get pregnant do you hear me?!"

"Yankumi!" Hikari yelled back. "We're not like that! We're just friends!"

"Ojou! Tresspasser!" Minoru announced as he walked in holding a certain girl by her collar.

"Sayo!" Hikari cried and ran to her sister.

"What were you up to onee-chan?" Sayo asked annoyed. "I saw you walk out of Ryu's house in his clothes and come here. What is this place?"

"A travelling theater!" Yankumi yelled nervously.

"I'm not an idiot," Sayo retorted. "Your sign right there says Oedo family. I already know you're a yazuka family because I used to research them. Don't treat me like a child. Care to explain?" Hikari apologized for her sister's attitude since Sayo has a tongue that she didn't know to hold.

"Don't talk to Ojou like that!" Minoru yelled as he looked like he was about to attack.

"Bring it on baldy!" Sayo challenged.

"Minoru!" Yankumi angrily cried and he apologized and went back to his chores. "Sayo-chan, society is very picky, so you must promise to never reveal this secret to anyone. Do you understand?" Sayo nodded. "Your sister wants to learn our ways so she comes here sometimes to learn. Well Toda-san, Tetsu is sleeping, so please wake him up however you want." Sayo watched as Hikari was trained in the most stupid ways she could ever know and laughed with Yankumi.

"I guess you aren't too bad, Yankumi," Sayo said as she sipped her tea. For a 15 year old, Sayo was a lot more mature than those her age, but she also didn't think before she spoke.

"Likewise, Sayo-chan," Yankumi said as they watched, laughing at how ridiculous Hikari and Tetsu looked.