Kurogin's Becoming Co-Ed!

The Girl that Stole Yabuki's Heart

Since the accident, Hikari and Hayato have gotten even worse than before. It's gotten to the point where the only ones who could stop them were Ryu and Yankumi. Hayato and Maya are still together to Hikari's disgust, since it meant Maya was there when the group hung out. Just like any other mornings, Hikari entered the class with a huge grin, but noticed everyone was huddled arou Hayato as Ryu sat in the corner with an annoyed look.

"What's going on?" She asked the only sane guy in the class. He merely nodded his head towards the group.

"Kurogin's becoming co-ed soon," replied Ryu. Hikari's grin came back as she hopped over to Takeda.

"Is it true?" She asked excitedly. She turned around as she started daydreaming. "Finally, I'll find a female friend! I won't have to hang out with these idiots anymore!" Her comment rose offended yells from the guys, which were silenced as soon as she glared at them. The only one that continued to challenge her was Hayato.

"What'd you say you boyish girl?" Challenged Hayato as he abruptly stood up. Grabbing her collar, Hayato glared into her eyes. Ryu calmly walked over and pulled Hayato's hands off and pointed to the corners. Knowing how Ryu gets when he's angry, Hikari sluggishly walked over to the corner for her time out as Hayato did the same on the opposite corner.

"So..."Takeda muttered, trying to clear the tension. "GIRLS ARE COMING TO KUROGIN!" Immediately the guys started cheering again. In about ten minutes, the guys finally calmed down, but were still giddy. Ryu finally allowed Hikari and Hayato to go back to their seats, still glaring at each other.

"Good morning!" greeted Yankumi as she entered.

"Yankumi," Hayato breathed out, wanting to jump. "Is it true that Kurogin is going to become a co-ed school?" They watched as their class leader began fantasizing.

"I heard we're having just female students come and visit the school," Tsucchi stated. "Is it true?" He soon entered a fantasy like Hayato.

"What? You guys already knew?" Yankumi asked, but her question only confirmed everyone's questions.

"Hurray!" Hikari yelled and pumped her fist into the air.

"I know why the boys are excited," Yankumi muttered. "But why are you happy about this Hikari-chan?"

"I'm stuck in a school of boys," Hikari stated obviously. "It'd be nice to be friends with some girls."

"Girls are coming!" Takeda yelled and rose more excitement in the class. Ryu looked at Hikari with a blank stare, not expecting her to be excited like they were.

"There's no need to get so hyper," Yankumi yelled. "There are two girls in this class right now." The class stared at her feeling turned off, but got grins again as they looked over at Hikari.

"Well you're old and aren't y at all," Hayato jeered. "And Hikari doesn't count as a girl. She's not feminine at all." Not a second later, Hayato foound himself on the ground with a frightening Hikari standing above him with a red fist where Hayato was a second ago.

"But we're graduating in March," Ryu pointed out, getting everyone's attention. His comment was met with confusion. "The school becomes co-ed in April."

"Wrong timing!" Hayato cried as he covered his face with his hands.

"No!!!! I'm stuck with these idiots then!" Hikari cried as she weeped on Takeda's shoulder. No one bothered to yell at her this time since everyone else pretended like they were shot in the heart.

"Which means," Hyuga started, snapping out of his 'pain'. "Only juniors get to have all the fun?" Commotion rose again as the guys yelled about wanting to beat up the juniors, making both Hikari and Ryu roll their eyes.

"But it doesn't mean you guys won't have anything to do with it!" Yankumi cried, calming them down.

"What are you talking about?" Hikari asked annoyed as she placed her hands on her hips.

"Let's say after you graduate, you suddenly meet a girl that is a Kurogin student," Yankumi said, starting the scenario. "That means you are the seniors and they will be your juniors. That's enough to get you talking. And you'll feel closer from that." Hikari gagged as she saw the expressions on the guys' faces.

"What on earth are you guys imagining?" She asked herself. Suddenly she slapped Hayato hard on his back, sending him off the desk and back onto the floor. "And why are you fantasizing? You already have a girlfriend."

"Ah,Ri-chan," Hayato cooed and her hair, causing her to twist his arm. "Ai! Ai! Itai! Maya-chan is lovely, but the great Hayato is too y to be tied down by one girl." Immdiately Hayato found himself on the ground again with Hikari's foot on his chest.

"I may dislike Maya," Hikari hissed. "But I hate guys like you more. Those who can just say that and leave their woman behind like they're a used doll sickens me." Without another word, Hikari stomped out the room, not caring about anyone calling her. She decided to take on an extra shift at the maid cafe since there wasn't anything else to do. A few streets away from the cafe, Hikari gasped as she saw a disgusting sight.

"Bye babe," Maya cooed as she kissed the man. Hikari watched in horror seeing the man slide his hands all over Maya's body, who did nothing but giggle as they got more intimate.

"Oy!" Hikari yelled as she stomped over. "I'm already annoyed with Hayato, but you on the other hand are much worse!" She flipped the man onto his back, causing him to run away in terror. Turning back to Maya, she grabbed her by the neck. "It's disgusting how you would cheat on your boyfriend,but it's even worse that you would be this intimate in broad daylight, allowing yourself to be caught so easily! Don't you care about Hayato?!" Smirking, Maya clawed at Hikari's hand, causing her to let go.

"Of course not, Hayato's a man that knows how to kiss," She sneered. "But Kenta there knows how to make a girl feel good. Besides, he's in school right now, he won't know. And I thought you hated Hayato?" Maya pushed her as she advanced to her rival in front of her. "Unless you secretly have feelings for him?"

"Yeah right!" Hikari screamed. "Like I'd have any feelings for a jerk like him! I just don't like it when people are cheaters."

"Sure you don't," Maya laughed. "How about I show you that you do? Feel the pain of seeing someone you like love someone else." Before Hikari could repeat that she didn't like Hayato, Maya had already strutted away. She didn't feel like seeing Maya, so instead of the cafe, she changed her destination to the park. The next day Hikari came back, feeling a bit calmer than the day before. However before entering, she was pulled aside by Hayato.

"I'm sorry for yesterday," He whispered, staring at his feet. She forcefully lifted his head and looked into his eyes. Seeing the sincerity in his eyes, she forgave him. "It's just I've always got this reputation. And I'm the class leader too. Anyways I know why you got mad yesterday though so, I'm sorry. And this is the first time we'll have a lot of girls here so I just got kinda excited you know?" He nervously grinned and rubbed the back of his head. Hikari looked at him strangely.

'He seems kinda cute when he's nervous,' She thought, smiling. 'Wait what am I thinking?' Then she realized something he said.

"Wait what are you talking about?" She asked. "What do you mean you know why I got mad yesterday?" He threw his hand to his mouth, realizing he said something wrong.

"Ryu's going to kill me!" He hissed and banged his head on the wall. He turned back to her and breathed out. "Please don't let Ryu know I slipped!" Due to his begging on his knees and crying, Hikari had no choice but promised him. "Anyways after you left the class yesterday,"

 

~~~Flashback~~~~

"Nice job Hayato," Ryu muttered and poked Hayato's collar bone, causing him to shriek.

"What's gotten into Ri-chan?" Takeda asked worriedly. They all looked at Ryu, knowing he knew her the best.

"I'll tell you after school," he replied and looked at the board again. The guys stared at each other worriedly as Hayato rubbed the place where Hikari punched him, which was forming a bruise. After school, Ryu led the guys to the maid cafe since Hayato wanted to see Maya.

"So what's up with Ri-chan?" Hyuga asked. Maya winked at Hayato before leaving to bring out their order.

"Well when she was a child, her father abandoned her, her mother, and Sayo because he had an affair with another woman," Ryu whispered. Maya came back and placed the orders out slowly, trying to listen in. "He didn't care about them and just left them like that. So because of him, Ri-chan hates anyone who would cheat. That's why she flipped you earlier."

"I believe there was more than just that reason to flip Hayato," Tsucchi teased, sipping his soda.

"Hayato and Ri-chan fight a lot don't they?" Takeda added, earning a chuckle from Hyuga and a smirk from Ryu. But Hayato looked down sadly.

"Well it's not my fault, I didn't know," He defended himself. "I'm 3D's leader, I'm supposed to be the best with girls."

"Apologize to her tomorrow," Ryu ordered without looking away from his cake. Hayato nodded glummly, but smiled again when Maya gave him a kiss.

 

"He told you that?" Hikari hissed as her fists shook. Thinking she was angry, Hayato backed away, but noticed a few tears slidding down her cheek. He cautiously wiped a few away but jumped when she looked up.

"Don't cry ok?" Hayato asked and gave her a comforting hug. Who knew the dumb Hayato could be sensitive to a girl's feelings? He rubbed her back until she calmed down, even though she didn't cry out fully. Taking her chances, Hikari decided to warn Hayato.

"Be honest, do you like Maya?" Hayato seemed to be taken back by the question, but nodded.

"I know we've only been together for a few days, but I can honestly say she's perfect to me," He admitted and blushed as he thought about her. "I mean the way talks is so cute. I like how she--" His daydream was interuppted as Hikari spoke again.

"Break up with her."  As the words reached his eyes, he turned back to the girl behind him.

"What?"

"Break up with Maya," Hikari ordered. "I don't want you to get hurt, Hayato. That girl's not someone you should be with." She looked up in surprise when she heard Hayato laughing. "What's so funny?! This isn'y a joking matter you know!?" She would've told him that Maya was cheating on him, but she didn't have the heart.

"Ri-chan," Hayato said as he wiped tears from his eyes. "Do you by any chance like me? I mean why else would you say she's not the one I should be with? I'm sorry, Ri-chan, but I really like Maya." She growled and slapped him on the head.

"No I don't like you like that!" She scolded. "It's just Maya's not someone that's a good girlfriend." However ignoring her words, Hayato chuckled and pinned her against the wall.

"We both know you feel an attraction to me Ri-chan," He said huskily into her ear. Hikari stood, feeling her heart stop and the blood rushing to her head. Her breath hitched as Hayato tilted her chin up. "Kiss me Ri-chan." As Hayato closed his eyes, she felt her breathing quicken and lost control of her body. She paled as Hayato got about 2 centimeters away from her lips.

"Just kidding!" Hayato grinned and pushed himself away from her. "I knew you liked me Ri-chan!" He began taunting her until Hikari kicked him down where the sun doesn't shine. "OI! That's dangerous! I might not be able to have a family with Maya now!" Pushing him to the side, Hikari started for class.

"Like this world needs anymore jerks like you or s like Maya!" She screamed back as she walked away. As she left, Hikari thought back to the joke Hayato played on her. "Why didn't I do anything back?"