Day On Campus

The Girl that Stole Yabuki's Heart

The guys were grinning ertedly as they spied at the visiting girls through binoculars. Ryu and Hikari were the only two who didn't seem to care. Although Hikari wanted new girl friends, there was no need for her to do that.

"I can't believe our classroom's decorated with caution tapes," she growled.

"I know!" A blond guy added. "If they were allowed in, think of all the fun things we could do!" As he began drooling, Hikari knocked him out with the binoculars and turned to the rest of the group.

"Anyone else got erted comments?" She threatened as she punched her palm. Almost all of them immediately shook their heads in horror. "Good, and it better stay that way."

"Actually I got one," Hayato taunted. "Don't be jealous of these girls, you can have any of us any day you want since we're in the same class right?" As he bared his teeth in a erted grin, Takeda covered his eyes with his hands.

"Shouldn't have said that," Ryu muttered when Hikari walked up slowly to Hayato. Everyone winced as she raised her leg.

"Oi! Oi! Oi! Dangerous remember?!" He shouted. Smirking Hikari pretended to kick him down there again, making him flinch. When he realized she was kidding, he relaxed, only to find out that was exactly what she wanted because she then threw a punch into his stomach, making him roll around on the ground in pain. "You hit too hard you man lady!" Realizing he shouldn't have said that either, Hayato rolled up into a ball when Hikari threw a kick on his side. He slowly got up and began looking at girls again with the class. "Alright!" He stepped away from the ledge, with the rest of the class surrounding him. They huddled up as Hayato began his pep talk.

"Let's bury the Head Teacher's nose!" Tsucchi cried and earned cheers.

"Younger girls are okay right?!" Hayato yelled with his bunny ears in the middle of the group. The others put their bunny fingers on Hayato's and imitated him while yelling agreements. "Do your best!"

"YEAH!"

"Everyone's fine with younger girls right?!"

"YEAH!"

"Such pedos..." Hikari muttered and Ryu responded with a nod. As Hayato continued yelling, Hikari snuck up behind him and covered up his mouth and spoke out in a voice that was close to Hayato's. "Everyone here's a pedo right?!" Without realizing the change, everyone once again yelled a loud "YEAH!"

"Hey!" Hyuga yelled. "That's not nice Ri-chan!" She punched him in te arm, causing him to wince.

"Don't call me Ri-chan."

"Haven't you learned who can call her that now?" Ryu asked quietly and smirked at Hikari trying to beat them up.

"Wait where are you going?!" Tsucchi demanded as Hikari began walking away.

"The teachers said I shall be helping with the Day on Campus today," she replid boredly.

"Wait the Head Teacher said 3D wasn't allowed to go out today!" Hayato protested.

"No, he said you guys couldn't go out," Hikari retorted. "He begged me to go."

"But why?" Takeda asked. "How come he wanted you to go?"

"He thought I could help draw in more girls since I'm one too," Hikari said. "Well anyways, I'm going to be late, see ya!" She gave them a salute.

"You're a girl?" Hayato taunted sarcastically. "I didn't know that."

"Shut up bunny boy," was her response. Before leaving, she took a rock on the ground and threw it at the back of Hayato's head.

"I can't believe I agreed to wear this..." Hikari growled, stepping out of the room. The teachers had forced her to be a model for the girls' uniforms next year, which happened to be a mini skirt that only went a few cm before the thighs and a sailor top.

"But you look so cute Ri-chan!" Yankumi cooed.

"Don't call me cute," she hissed with a dark look that made Yankumi flinch.

"Don't make that face," Sawatari ordered. "You'll scare the girls." Hikari forced a smile on her face.

"Yes, Head Master," Hikari obeyed through clenched teeth. As she left to go greet the girls in the front, the teachers were left behind cowering.

"I think her smile's scarier than her glare," Baba-sensei whispered to the other teachers, who agreed by nodding their heads. In the front, Hikari had greeted the girls with smiles and handshakes, forgetting about her skirt once in a while. In the entrance room, Hikari tuned the introductions out as she scanned the crowd of students, hoping to find possible friends to make. Her scanning stopped when her gaze fell on a familiar girl.

"Sayo-chan," she whispered to herself with a smile. Sayo was going to join Kurogin next year! Hikari's smile fell when she saw how lonely Sayo looked. Since she was extremely smart, Sayo had skipped a grade and was at least one year younger than the girls in her grade, making it harder for her to make friends.

"I am Kirigaya Junior High's Ishikawa," an old man introduced himself, snapping Hikari out of her thoughts. "Thank you for today." The teachers of Kurogin and Hikari bowed back at him as Sawatari began giving them a tour. As Hikari was about to approach Sayo, she was pulled aside.

"Watch over class 3-D," he said with a worried smile. "Make sure they don't come out of their class." The two nodded and hurried back to the 3D building.

"Oi idiots! We're here to watch you!" Hikari announced upon entering the room. "Eh?" Looking around, the room was bare! No one was in there. Looking at Yankumi, she raised an eyebrow. "Cute and honest side, huh?" The teacher giggled nervously.

"They have that side, but as of now, they have a dead side!" Yankumi said with a nice yet threatening tone. Suddenly the door slammed shut, causing the two to rush over and try to unlock it. "Hey! What are you doing?"

"Don't think badly of us," Ryu requested with a guilty look.

"This is a part of our fellowship," Hayato added. He took another look at Hikari and winked. "Ri-chan, nice legs, you should start wearing that." Screaming in frustration, she kicked the door, making it shake but not enough to knock it down.

"Hey!" Yankumi cried. "Wait right there! Wait!"

"Give it a break," Hikari said lifelessly. "We're locked in."

"Not if I have something to do with it," Yankumi swore and began kicking the door as Hikari watched in awe at her teacher's strength. She watched in terror as Yankumi's kicks began causing the whole room to shake until the chains broke off. "Let's go!"

"This is the strength of a Yazuka?" She gasped. "I need to have Tetsu teach me this!" Hikari then broke off in a run after Yankumi, who was yelling about killing the guys.

"Head teacher!" Yankumi cried when she entered the current room. "My students--" Her voice trailed off as she looked up at the models. Hikari gasped looking at the two models. The male model was dressed up as a ganster while the one for the girls was dressed up as a e! Seeing Hikari, the head teacher pulled her in front of the two models.

"Please excuse our misfortune!" Head teacher cried. "But Hikari-chan here is wearing the correct uniform! Please feel free to ask her questions about it as I talk with my fellow teacher!" He turned back to Yankumi as they talked in hushed yells.

"Ano, how do you like the uniform?" Sayo asked with a smirk as she saw her sister, who forcefully grinned back.

"Actually I don't like it at all," Hikari said truthfully, but was kicked by a scary looking woman. "I mean, I don't like it because I love it! IT's....cute? Although I prefer wearing the guy's uniform." The girls giggled and asked more questions, mostly about the school and guys that attend.

"Are there any cute guys?" A girl asked as she giggled. Before she could answer, she heard a whisper that sounded like Tsucchi saying "Ri-chan looks so cute in that!" from behind the group.

"Excuse me," Hikari said as she walked through. Yankumi followed her gaze and began following her.

"You guys!" Yankumi screamed angrily as she stomped up. "Hey!" Yankumi grabbed the guys by the collars and forced them to turn towards her. Hikari slapped Hyuga for staring at her legs for too long.

"Ow!" He cried as he nursed his cheek.

"You guys have some nerve tricking your teacher like this!" Yankumi scolded, forgetting about the girls.

"Yamaguchi-sensei!" Head Teacher yelled quietly in her ear. "You're scaring them!" She turned back and grinned cheekily as she apologized, making Hikari and Ryu roll their eyes. The girls were huddled up as the guys, minus Ryu, checked out some of the girls.

"Onee-chan, you're still hanging out with these guys?" Sayo asked with a raised eyebrow. "Hi Ryu." Ryu nodded to her as she continued speaking. "I'm guessing these idiots are the ones who did this?" Hikari nodded, confirming Sayo's accusation.

"That's no good you little rascals," Yankumi said sweetly, trying to make up for scaring the girls, which in turn scared Hikari and the guys.

"Little rascals?" They repeated.

"Tsuchiya?" The old man from before asked. "Aren't you Tsuchiya?"

"Ishikawa!" Tsucchi replied in a challenging tone.

"You know him?" Hikari asked.

"He was my homeroom teach in middle school," Tsucchi answered, but got scolded for his improper grammar.

"Head teacher has his hands full," Ishikawa stated. "Dealing with useless students like Tsuchiya." The Head Teacher of course agreed, making Hikari walk up to him with fists but was held back by Ryu. "Back in middle school, I had heck of a hard time with him too." Ishikawa received a glare from the now raging Tsucchi. "What's with those eyes?"

"Don't lecture us!" Tsucchi yelled back as Ishikawa was about to speak against their group. "You're not even our teaher."

"Are you their homeroom teacher?" Ishikawa asked Yankumi.

"My name is Yamaguchi Kumiko," she answered politely.

"It's impossible to extend leadership over such a bunch from a lady like you," Ishikawa said in a tone that was supposed to be fake sympathy, but also in a tone that showed her underetimated Yankumi, making the guys and Hikari tense up.

"I've been told I don't have any female charms or ability to get men," Yankumi confessed obviously offended. "But I've never been told I don't have any leadership skills!" Although it angered Yankumi, she was forced to apologize by the head teacher.

"I've had enough," Hikari spoke with disgust from her voice. "Yankumi, you don't need to apologize to this creep."

"How dare you!" Ishikawa cried pointing at her.

"Don't you know it's rude to point?" She retorted. "Who do you think you are coming to our school and insulting our teachers and students like that? You don't even know us! I'll have you know that if I wanted, I could throw you out of that window over there right now."

"This is exactly what I'm talking about," Ishikawa stated as he looked down at Hikari. "If you know how to guide your students properly, then they wouldn't speak out like this."

"Doesn't that mean you can't be a good leader either?" Hikari replied hotly. "Earlier you said Tsucchi used to be your student and you're saying a good leader could put their students into place right? Well if you're such a great teacher, how come one of your students is what you considered a delinquent?" Her question made him come to a loss for words as everyone stared at the sole female student of Kurogin with surprise.

"Don't worry," the head teacher pleaded as he stepped in front. "Both Yamaguchi-sensei and her students will be gone after March."

"You know, I don't know if I should say this or not," Ishikawa started. "We are thinking of this school as a last resort for our students. Especially, this girl Miyazaki is a very bright student and her first choice is Shiragiku Girls' High."

"Shiragiku High?!" The scary woman from before exclaimed. "That school's the best of the best!" As Ishikawa ordered for them to go, Sawatari fell onto the ground crying about the day failing. Takeda waved at the girls, Hyuga and Hayato checked out the girls, Tsucchi and Hikari glared at the creep passing them, and Ryu looking at the group worriedly. Since they spent the day for welcoming the girls, the Head Teacher decided to end school early and dismissed everyone.

"Thanks a lot you idiots," Hikari growled. "I dressed up like this and you guys made the day fail!" Hayato playfully looped his arm around her waist.

"Well I know what we can do since you're wearing that skirt," He teased suggestivly, as he played with the end of her skirt.

"Ew get off me you erted old man!" Hikari flipped him before turning to Tsucchi. "Oy Tsucchi, if you ever want to get back at that Ishikawa guy or something, tell me okay? I kinda want to get revenge on him too."

"Thanks Ri-chan," Tsucchi replied and smiled again for the first time since that incident. "I kinda want to be alone right now though." He waved to them and left.

"Alright then, well I gotta go to work now, so see ya," Hikari did her imfamous salute and ran to the cafe also.

The next day they came to school, they were greeted with unexpected news.

"Tsucchi got suspended?!" Hikari exclaimed. "For what?! And for how long?"

"Until the super intendent gets back to decide his punishment," Yankumi asked, purposely avoiding the first question. The class began chattering among themselves about the news.

"Don't tell me," Hyuga stated. "He might be expelled?"

"He was just spending time with a girl,"Takeda defended.

"There's no way they would expel him for something like this," another student cried.

"Don't forget this is 3D we're talking about here," Hikari reminded. "They want us out of this school, I'm pretty sure expulsion is the only punishment they'll think of."

"She's right you know," Ryu pointed out. The whole day went on with the class trying to find a way to save Tsucchi, ignoring the teachers just like any other days. Hikari had wondered where Ryu and Hayato went earlier while they were thinking, but she didn't ponder on the thought for too long. Not only that, but since they now had an idea for the girls' uniform, Hikari was to wear it instead of the boys' uniform like she wanted anymore.The next week went by fast and seemed to be a repetition. The guys would finish their school day and go meet up with Tsucchi, Hikari would go to work, and later they would meet up somewhere. Soon the day of Tsucchi's trial came.

"I can't believe that girl still won't come and save him," Hikari growled, punching the wall.

"Excuse me?" A small vioce whimpered. Hikari turned and saw Miyazaki, the girl that Tsucchi was with. Angered just by her appearance, Hikari went up and shook her by her shoulders.

"It's all your fault!" Hikari accused. "It's your fault that my friend might be expelled today! And here you are just doing nothing to save him!"

"I'm sorry!" Miyazaki cried. "I want to save him! Please, please take me to the trial!" Surprised, Hikari pulled her towards room 3D.

"Ri-chan!" Hyuga called, and received a punch from her.

"Don't call me Ri-chan," Hikari growled. "And come on, we have one last chance to help Tsucchi! Help me bring her to the room!" Without another word, everyone rushed Miyazaki out of the class and into the room where the meeting took place. In there, Miyazaki began revealing the truth to them. About how Tsucchi stopped her from shoplifting, showing her how to have fun, and taking the blame so she wouldn't get in trouble. However Ishikawa believed Miyazaki was lying and scolded her, causing Yankumi to scold him for not looking at his students carefully. He challenged her back by asking her if she knew her students. Yankumi began to describe her beloved students in such a touching way that caused all of them to smile. The super intendent soaked up the new information and lifted Tsucci's punishment, causing everyone to burst out in cheers.

"I'll definitely be attending Kurogin next year," Miyazaki whispered happily to Hikari, who nodded. Once in the class, everyone celebrated Tsucchi's return. Hikari decided that was the best time to announce something.

"Besides Tsucchi's return, there are more things to celebrate!" Hikari yelled from on top of the desk. "Miyazaki asked me to give her number to Tsucchi!" The guys screamed and congratulated him. "We also have a bunch of girls coming for next year!" This announcement raised the most excitement.

"Hush!" Hayato yelled and raised his arms. "I have the best announcement!" Everyone looked at  the grinning Hayato. "Because Ri-chan is now wearing a skirt, I can see her pa--" He was silenced by a kick in the face from Hikari.

"You ert!" Everyone laughed as their leader got beat up by her again. As always, they all placed bets, except Ryu who was forced to pull them apart.