The Truth About Hikari's Mom

The Girl that Stole Yabuki's Heart

"Hayato if you don't stop looking at me, I will make you blind," Hikari hissed as she glared at him. Caught off guard, Hayato quickly looked back at the board. However the other guys ignored her threat and continued looking at their female classmate's new appearance. Ryu shook his head and chuckled. "What's so funny Ryu?"

"You should know by now that these guys would stare at almost every girl that styles themselves up. So if you really didn't want to have them stare at you, why would you style yourself up today?" Ryu pointed out.

"That means..." Takeda started.

"Ri-chan likes one of us!" Hyuga yelled, causing a rucus between the guys and for everyone to yell about who she liked.

"Wait! Ri-chan likes Ryu!" Tsucchi suddenly screamed out for everyone to hear and Hikari slapped herself in the face. "That means Ri-chan dressed up for Ryu!"

"It wasn't to dress up for anyone!" Hikari screamed angrily as she slammed the table. "But thank Tsucchi for telling everyone an old secret." Tsucchi nervously hid behind Hayato, Takeda, and Hyuga as Hikari began to walk slowly towards him.

"She doesn't like me anymore," Ryu stated loud enough for everyone to hear. "Isn't that right Ri-chan?" Hikari nodded nervously and slumped back into her seat.

"I really didn't dress up for anyone, my sister just thought I needed to be a bit morre girly and decided to use me as a doll this morning," Hikari stated.

"It's true!" Hayato laughed. "I remember last night her sister kept curling Hikari's hair and burning her. I kept laughing at how Ri-chan always pouted and Sayo would burn her on purpose as a punishment."

"Wait Hayato," Okuma realized. "Why were you at Hikari's house yesterday?" Seeing their classmate's point, most of the guys began throwing questions at Hayato. 

"Ugh I can't take this anymore," Hikari hissed. "I'm out of here for today!" She quickly hopped out the window as everyone yelled for her to come back. She looked at a clock outside to check the time. "Strange, Yankumi's usually here by now, where is she? Oh well I guess I'm heading home."

 

~Home~

 

"What happened?" Hikari asked quietly with shock as she scanned the room. Sure the room looked fine and a normal person wouldn't have thought anything about it, but to Hikari the room was very strange. Her mom's chair was knocked over and a cup of tea was split on the ground. Her mother's usually a very tidy woman, so even if she had went to work already, she would've cleaned up the room. She quickly checked the fridge to see if her mom left any food. 

"Nothing..."Hikari spoke disappointed. "Mom wouldn't leave for work without leaving a note or food first. No matter how late she is she never leaves without anything. And she wouldn't leave her place this messy either. Something must've happened. I need help!" She quickly locked the door and ran to the only place she could think of that would be strong enough to help her. "Yankumi! Yankumi!" She slowed down hearing some voices.

"I'm very sorry grandfather but I already cut myself off from the family," a woman's voice said.

"Yankumi's quitting?" Hikari gasped. "Wait, the voice is familiar but it doesn't sound like Yankumi's voice." She knew it was bad but decided to keep listening. "Wait...Mom?" (AN:Okay if I ever put the mom's name down, please let me know what it was, I have a really bad memory. xD)

"Please Yukiko," a voice that seemed to belong to Yankumi's grandfather spoke. "I really need someone to be the head of the Oedo Family. And Hikari really seems to be a great candidate."

"No way!" Her mom yelled. "I left to keep my family out of danger! I'm not going to let my little girl become the next head! And you Kumiko! You chose not to become the fourth generation in the sake of your silly dream! Why are you with making my daughter the fourth head?!" 

"I chose not to take over because of my dream of becoming a teacher!" Yankumi spoke calmly. "However I've been training Hikari these past weeks. However let me tell you that I didn't do it for her to take over, I truly didn't know that you were her mother until today. But please, Hikari really seems to enjoy this life so give her a chance."

"Enjoy?!" Her mom yelled hysterically. "That's nonsense! Why would my little girl enjoy this jouvenile lifestyle?!"

"Why don't we just ask her then?" Yankumi's grandfather asked. "Hikari, I know you're there, please come in." Everyone's heads turned as the high school girl nervously walked into the room.

"Hikari! What are you doing here?" Her mother asked with tears running down her cheeks. "I never should've brought you here! I'm sorry! We'll move far away! Far away from this place okay?" Hikari shook her head softly.

"Can someone please explain to me what's going on before I make a decision?" asked Hikari as she scanned everyone's faces. Yankumi looked down, too nervous to explain. Seeing everyone's sudden quietness, their grandfather decided to speak.

"You see, I've actually had mother than one daughter," explained the Oedo leader. "However my other daughter, your grandmother left me a long time ago, long before Kumiko was ever born."

"That makes me...Your great grand daughter?" Hikari asked as she tried to piece things together.

"Yes that's right," the old man replied. "As you know, Kumiko has no wish to become the head of the Oedo clan, however we finally remembered that I had another daughter. So we seeked her out, with hopes that she or any children she has now can be our next leader. We didn't expect it to be you! But what luck that it was, you already seem like you enjoy our fighting styles!" He paused so Hikari could sink in all the new information. "So what do you say Hikari?  Would you like to be my heir?"

"Hikari no!" Her mother cried. "I don't want you involved with anything so dangerous! Please don't agree!"

"Mom, I know I'm very young right now, but I have been training with Yankumi," Hikari tried to reason. "I know I can handle this. I'll train as much as I have to until you believe I'm strong enough to do it. I promise you nothing will happen to me. I can take this kind of life."

"But why become a yakuza?" Her mother cried.

"Mom, I really don't know what to do with my life," She explained. "But I feel at peace when I'm with these people. I know it sounds strange but please give me a chance at this. I feel like I'm doing something that's actually making my life worth something."

"Your daughter is growing up Tsukiko," her great grandfather explained. "Please let her decide. I swear on my life and future grave that I will not let anything happen to her." Of course Hikari's mother didn't agree right away, but after a while of everyone convincing her, she finally gave in and everyone become over come with joy for finally having an heir for their next generation.

"Aren't we all happy now?!" Yankumi cheered and tackled Hikari in a hug. She suddenly froze, realizing something about Hikari. "Wait, Ri-chan, why aren't you at school?" Everyone froze and looked at Yankumi glaring at Hikari.

"I uh...I..." Not being able to think of any excuses, Hikari dashed right out the room and to the park. However when she got there, she saw Sayo swinging and moping on the swings, something she didn't expect. "Sayo? What are you doing here?"

"Conner and I got back together again," Sayo stated.

"What?" exclaimed the older sister. "I thought you said you two were through and that you wouldn't get back with him anymore!"

"I know but I can't help it!" Sayo cried as she cluthed onto Hikari's shirt. "I really do still love him but that wasn't what got me to take him back! He was threatening me!" She hugged the younger girl tighter as her anger increased.

"What's he threatening you with?" She hissed.

"I'm sorry!" Sayo sobbed even louder. "But I didn't tell you when we got back together because I was scared you'd yell at me. But we slept together again a week after getting back together and I let him take some pictures of me. He's threatening to post it up for everyone to see if I don't do as he says." Unable to stop herself, Hikari lost herself in a frenzy.

"How could you?!" Hikari screamed. "Why are you such an idiot?! And do you know how people will see you as a if they find out about this?! Why would you do that! Haven't you learned your lesson yet after him doing things like this to you so many times?!"

"I get it already!" Sayo cried and pushed Hikari away. "Stop yelling at me okay?! I understand my mistake and it won't happen anymore! Just please help me make him break up with me and never bother me again!" 

"We'll go with what I originally planned," Hikari hissed. "You either call the police on him or I'll go punch the lights out of him."

"You can't do that!" Sayo protested. "I don't want him to get arrested! And I don't want you hurting him either!"

"Ugh there's no other way!" Hikari screamed. "I know you love him and you believe in the good of others, but there is NO good in him! That boy's able to do things like this at a young age! He has no morals! If you don't hurt him, he'll hurt you!"

"You're just like all the others! You don't understand anything!" Sayo argued. "I just want things to be peaceful again! I don't want anything to be like this!"

"Whatever then!" yelled Hikari. "You ask me for help but if you won't take my suggestions then you're on your own. I can't help you unless you understand what's really happening and do things my way!"

"Fine!" Sayo screamed and Hikari stomped off as Sayo began crying on the swings again.

The next few days went with Hikari being unusually quiet and the two sisters ignoring each other. The guys asked Hikari's mom, but she had no clue either. All they knew was that Sayo would come home crying everyday and shut herself away from the world. Hikari couldn't take it anymore and decided to take out Conner this day. She had spent the few lonely days planning of a way toget revenge for Sayo. Today would be the day her plan is carried out. Too bad her plan wasn't really a plan at all. It was just go and attack.

"I'm tired of you causing my little sister to cry every day like that," She hissed at the boy when she caught him alone. "You're going to pay today."

"Ha ha, I'M going to pay?" Conner laughed in disbelief. "Sayo should be the one paying! I promised to dedicate my life to whoever I gave my ity to and now she wants OUT?"

"How are you dedicating your life to her?!" Hikari screamed as she threw a punch at him. "She comes hoome every day crying and you don't even try to help her! You flirt with other girls and yell at her for every little thing! She hates being with you! You force her to be with you knowing you hurt her so much!"

"Love doesn't mean happiness!" Conner pointed out and dodged a kick from her. He sent a fist her way, one that hit her easily. "Love means going through a lot with each other! Now let me ask you. She goes and talks to guys, tells everyone what happens between us, makes me look bad, and I'm supposed to still treat her nicely?!" 

"Well you did flirt with other girls, threaten her, and put her into a terrible mental state!" Hikari pointed out. "The only reason she told others was because she needed help. She couldn't do it on her own. And she never flirted with guys, she only asks them for help, is that not allowed too?!"

"You're just like her," Conner laughed. "You can't face things and turn it on others."

"That's it, no more talking. It's time to fight," Hikari hissed. "If I win, you leave her alone forever."

"And if I win, you out and she has to dedicate her life to me too," he betted and the two got into a fighting position.

'I'm the new heir to the Oedo clan, so it's time to prove my fighting skills,' thought Hikari. "Let's go you conning Conner! I'm gonna kick your !" Without another word, the two charged at each other with fists.  Unknowing to them that someone saw them fighting and ran for help. Hikari jumped at the wall and kicked off on it to charge at Conner ever faster. However Conner was faster than her and sliced the air with a swift kick, slicing her in the face also. She grunted as she felt the impact, but jumped back on her feet.

"Is that all you got?" Conner smirked.

"Not at all," hissed the older girl. 'Time for you to get a taste of a Yakuza member.' She ran around him in circles and jumped over, around, and everywhere possible to gain speed. Conner was able to keep his eyes on her only for a little while until she jumped way over him.

"Where'd you go?!" He damanded. 

"Over here," sang Hikari and swung a strong kick at him as Conner turned around. He hit the wall and wiped the blood off his mouth. The two smirked at each other and began charging at each other again. Kicks, punches, slaps, and any other attacks were thrown at each other.

"Stop it right there!" Yankumi's voice spoke out. Before they could even look, the ex-Yakuza's  heiress was between the two of them with Sayo close behind. Before speaking more, Yankumi knocked out Conner by hitting his neck. "What do you think you are doing?"

"I was going to beat him up and get revenge for Sayo before you got here," Hikari grumbled as she pouted. "Why'd you interrupt our fight?"

"You know Conner can fight better ways than you, why would you fight him?" Sayo lectured. "And even after I told you not to, why would you?!"

"I'm not afraid of him!" Hikari stated courageously. "I know that I might not have a chance, but I am the heir to the Oedo clan! I'm not going to let someone hurt my sister like that, so I wanted him to taste the power of a yakuza!" She was cut off by a slap from Yankumi.

"Just because you're a new heiress, doesn't mean you're able to defeat everyone!" Yankumi lectured. "Your heart may be in the right place, but you can't be a yakuza if that's how you are. A yakuza can't rush in like that with no plan. Your mother was right, you don't have what it takes to be a yakuza." Seeing tears form from Hikari's eyes, Yankumi soften her voice. "But in time you may beomce worthy of becoming a yakuza." She then turned to Sayo next. "And you! It'sw nice that you're a kind hearted girl, but there comes a time when you must stand up for yourself. You need to cut off all ties with this boy. Obviously he doesn't treat you right either. Your sister is trying to save you, but you need to learn to fight on your own. Hikari, you need to let her fight your own battles or she will never be able to grow up."

"But Yankumi, he's threatening me, I can't do anything!" Sayo cried.

"That is all nonsense," Yankumi spoke. "Threats can be dealt with at the police station. It's not because you can't do anything, it's because you don't WANT to do anything. " Hikari slowly hugged the tearing Sayo who then cried into her arms. "I trust the two of you to do things the right way now. Go to the police. Learn from your mistakes." Hikari and Sayo nodded toher, then each other.

"Hikari, I'm sorry for getting mad when you were just trying to protect me," Sayo apologized. "It feels as if I chose him over you."

"And I'm sorry you dated an as--"Hikari was cut off by Yankumi's cough. "Okay okay fine, I'm sorry I couldn't control myself." 

"Let's go to the police station," Sayo stuttured. "It's time for me to do it."

The day ended with the two sisters finally able to be as close as they used to again. The police promised to call Conner, but they could do nothing about things. However it was enough for them since Sayo promised to cut off ties with him. Hikari was finally about to go to school the next day without worries. No more worries about Sayo or having Sayo dress her up again.

"Hey Ri-chan, we're sorry about treating you so weird yesterday," Takeda apologized.

"Yeah same," Tsucchi repeated. Hyuga hugged her as his apology.

"You'll always be the unattractive Ri-chan that we all love and like to pick on," Hayato joked. Ryu simply nodded at her, who returned his nod.

"Now that Ri-chan's not mad at us anymore, let's all make sure we graduate together!" Takeda yelled.

"Yeah!" The class voiced.

"Who said I'm not mad at you guys anymore?" Hikari teased. "Don't call me Ri-chan!" She proceeded to punch everyone except Ryu. "NOW we can worry about graduating together."