Falling for Yabuki Pt.2

The Girl that Stole Yabuki's Heart

"Ya!" Hikari grunts as she practices her knife throwing techniques with Tetsu at 4AM. However her aim was slightly off, instead of hitting the chest and nexk, it hit around the stomach area and the shoulder.

"What's wrong Hikari?" asks Minoru with concern.

"It's nothing, don't worry," she answers with a smile. However Tetsu and Minoru sent her a look, telling her she wasn't fooling anyone. "A friend just asked me to keep a secret for him, but I feel horrible keeping it in."

"I see..." Minoru says, looking at the ground. "So your friend is cheating on his girlfriend so now you're worried right?"

"What?" Hikari asks. Where'd he get that idea? Thinking it over quickly, she decided that she should just agree to get them off her back. "Uh yeah! I'm really worried, so I'm not focusing that well."

"It's okay,I'm sure your friend will make the right choice!" Tetsu comforts her. "Let's continue!" They continue practicing her knife tossing, throwing skills, and judo until it was finally time for her to go to school. "Come back later and we'll practice some more okay?!"

The day went by rather quickly, but Hikari continuously kept her eye on Hayato, who seemed really worried. When the bell rang, Hayato seem to have teleported right out of the classroom.

"Let's go to Kuma's shop," Hikari says as they walk out of the building.

"Let's have Hayato serve us!" adds in Takeda happily.

"It'd be nice to see that huh?" jokes Tsucchi, fanning himself.

"After all the hits he gave me, I'm going to run him like a butler," Kousuke plans evilly. The three walk ahead laughing and joking about what they should do to Hayato.

"Something's wrong, isn't there?" Ryu questions her once the others were out of the listening distance. "You're a bit jumpy."

"Things are fine Ryu," Hikari answers, trying to avoid his eyes.

"Both you and Hayato were jumpy today, then you're the one who invited us to Kuma's shop, and now you can't look at me in the eye when you answered me," Ryu lists. "I know my best friend, what's wrong?"

"I'm happy you're worried about us Ryu, but really, if there's something wrong I'll let you know right away, okay?" she says, finally looking into his eyes. Satisfied with her answer, Ryu nods. They soon reached the shop and started eating until Yankumi showed up.

"Everyone's checking up on me," Hayato grumbles.

"If it isn't Yankumi," the table greets with cute voices.

"Waiter, can I get a refill on my water?" teases Hikari, holding up her empty cup.

"Coming!" he answers, rushing over with more water for her.

"Such a courteous Hayato is rare to see," Kousuke laughs.

"Don't come just to watch me as entertainment," Hayato lectures them.

"It fits you though," Ryu mutters quietly, but hearing a growl from Hayato causes Ryu to look at his ramen in fear and resume eating.

"I can though right?" asks Hikari, sending him a seductive gaze to . Her idea seems to be working until he clears his throat.

"Not even you," Hayato denies, trying to clean up the table but ends up spilling some water. The table laugh slightly at him. Yankumi chuckles at her students' childish behaviors and orders a bowl for herself. Suddenly the mood is ruined by a group of men slamming the door open.

"Welcome to the bad-tasting ramen shop!" one of them insults. Hayato tenses up as Hikari kicks her chair out of the way for her to stand up.

"Hey what's with you guys?!" Yankumi yells, stopping them from destroying Kuma's chairs. "If you wanna ruin business, go somewhere else!" Kuma quickly runs out.

"Yankumi!" he cries.

"Such an authoritative woman," a male voice states from outside. Everyone turns to see a cocky man. "Is she your girlfriend?" Before Yankumi could answer, Kuma interrupts her.

"No! She's just a regular customer," answers Kuma. The group looks back and forth, knowing something is wrong. Meanwhile, Hayato and Hikari share a look a concern for Kuma as Hayato swiftly moves himself to stand in front of Hikari protectively.

"Is that so?" the man asks with a taunting tone. "I guess we'll leave today for this cute customer's sake." Everyone flares up, seeing the man threaten Kuma one last time before leaving.

"I'm gonna go train," Hikari whispers to Hayato, and quickly runs out before he can stop her. She grumbles on her way to the dojo. "Stupid Kuma, what's wrong with asking for a little help? We all know Yankumi can easily beat them up to save your shop!"

"You!" a familiar voice calls. "You're from my son's class right?" She turns to see Hayato's dad.

"Yabuki-san!" she cries in surprise, bowing to show respect.

"Well at least you got manners," he slurs, giving signs that he is drunk. "Tell me, does Hayato cause a lot of trouble for the class? That good-for-nothing idiot of a son is so unpredictable sometimes."

"I'd be lying if I said Hayato isn't a lot of trouble," admits Hikari. "But Hayato's gotten all of us out of a lot of trouble too. Hayato's more than you give him credit for."

"That boy didn't try to apply for any colleges though!" Yabuki yells angrily. "All he ever does is eat, sleep, and go out with his friends!"

"You're wrong," she softly argues, causing Hayato's dad to look at her in surprise. "If you'd just talk to him, I think you'd discover a different side to him. Hayato's not smart, but he's really hard-working, protects the people he loves, and he's becoming a man right under your nose. You just haven't seen that side of him yet." His father seem to be taken back by this.

"Is that so?" he asks her, to which she nods. "I guess I'll talk to that idiot son of mine once again." Smiling at him, Hikari bids her goodbye. "Oh wait, Toda-san! How long have you and my son been together?"

"EH?!" exclaims Hikari, shocked.

 

~Next Day~

 

"Take this!" Hikari yells, tossing Minoru right over her shoulder.

"Second Ojou! You're improving!" he smiles cutely, causing Hikari to smile.

"EXCUSE ME!" Ryu's voice rings through the dojo.

"Ryu?" wonders Hikari as she and everyone rushes to the front door.

"Kuma... Kuma..." he pants slightly as he tries to explain the story to them.

"Thanks for letting us know," Tetsu thanks him.

"Don't worry, we'll take care of the rest," comforts Wakamatsu.

"Wait!" the Oeda clan leader calls. He gives them a look, telling them to leave it to him. In disagreement, Hikari walks out anyways. "Hikari!"

"They're my friends, I should be there too," she explains.

"Fine, but be careful," her great-grandpa advises and the two take off for the fight. They get there in time to see a guy raising a stick over Yankumi.

"Yankumi/Yamaguchi!" Hayato, Kuma  and Hikari warn her at the same time. However the Oedo leader was too fast for him, for he disappears from Hikari's side and has already twisted the man's arm.

"I heard our shrew was here," he jokes, lightening the mood.

"Hayato! Kuma!" Hikari cries, rushing to Hayato's side. "Are you guys okay?"

"We're fine, Ri-chan," assues Hayato, but his painful grunts told her otherwise. They turn back to see the Oedo leader take back Kuma's deed as well as insert fear into the man behind the desk. After the violence is over, the group sits by a lake to tend to their wounds.

"You guys okay?!" Kousuke asks, running up to them. They turn to see Ryu, Tsucchi, and Take right after him.

"Yankumi," pants Kuma. "I..." They look over at the ex-student and teacher connecting.

"I'm glad you guys are okay," Hikari says, smiling at Hayato.

"Ri-chan, I'm in a lot of pain, let me sleep on you," Hayato begs and rests his heavy head on her shoulder, causing the group to tease them mercilessly while Yankumi and Kuma work out the past few days.

"Hayato, get off!" blushes Hikari, trying to push his face off. Tsucchi laughs wholeheartedly while Kousuke and Takeda watch them as if they were a drama and Ryu just smirks. Trying to get the teasing to stop, she tries her hardest to push him, off, only for him to lean on her even more.

"Hikari and Hayato, sitting in a tree!" sing Kousuke, Takeda, and Tsucchi.

"Sing the rest and you'll be dead," threatens Hikari, singing in the tune. Her lyrics cause the boys to shut up right away.

"Okay day's over, Hikari take Hayato home," Yankumi orders. "The rest of you guys take Kuma home."

"Yes mam," Hayato laughs, winking at Hikari, only for her to use her judo techniques and roll Hayato over her shoulder and onto the ground.

"Injured or not, I'll still hurt you for annoying me," smiles an evil Hikari.

"That really hurts, can I get a kiss to make it feel better?" Hayato whines, following her. After a few blocks of silence, Hikari could feel Hayato closing the gap between them, causing her heart to race more.

"Hayato what are you doing?" she asks awkwardly, trying to keep her distance.

"Helping Kuma today made me realize what I want to do with my future, not all of it, but I know my idea," Hayato shares with her.

"What's that?" questions Hikari, curious of what he wanted to do.

"I want to be a man who can protect those he cares about," Hayato says, turning to her. "Ri-chan, I like you." She stands there, feeling like time froze. He's confessed to her many times before, why is this time different? Her breath is stuck in as her heart begins to race faster than the speed of light. Blood rushes to her cheeks as Hayato walks up to her. A sensation burns her shoulders when Hayato puts his hands on them. "Be my girlfriend."

"I..." Hikari continues to be speechless. Was this how it felt to be asked out by the guy you like? 'Wait, like? I like Hayato?'

"Will you go out with me Ri-chan?" pleads Hayato. Since she couldn't talk, he assumed she was rejecting him and again and turns away, missing her nod.

"Stupid, fluffy-bunny, I like you!" yells Hikari, worried that he would give up. Her answer stops him in his tracks.

"What?" he asks.

"Are you deaf? I said I like you," she smiles. "You're becoming more mature, Yabuki-rabbit. I'll be your--" He didn't care anymore. She said she liked him too and that's all that mattered, he didn't need an explanation or her to list out why she liked him, she liked him! Without warning Hayato walks back over to her slams his lips into hers.Feeling her smile and kiss back, Hayato wraps an arm around her waist and uses his other hand and lift her chin. Feeling shy, Hikari slowly raises her hands up to Hayato's shoulders. The kiss felt so good, she could swear that time stopped just for them. For the first time, the tomboy didn't punch or kick him away, but was actually kissing back! Hayato grins into the kiss until they break apart, both panting heavily.

"You're finally mine," cheers Hayato, pecking her lips over and over. However the mood is turned awkward as Hikari jumps away. "What's wrong?"

"Hayato..." she growls, pointing to Hayato's 'friend' who apparently got excited over Hikari's answer.

"Oh no..." Hayato moans embarrassed, trying to cover up as Hikari stomps over and tosses him over her shoulder, slamming him into the ground. "Ri-chan wait! I can explain!" What if this changes her answer? What is he supposed to do? Hayato jumps up and chases after her.

"You can make it up to me by giving me the best first date!" Hikari yells back. "But for now, keep your friend away from me!"

"You're still my girlfriend?" asks a shocked, but happy Hayato. Seeing her give him a teasing smile, Hayato chases after his new girlfriend, happy that they are finally together.