Group Date

The Girl that Stole Yabuki's Heart

"Hikari! Darling!" her mother's voice calls. "A handsome man is here to see you!" Groaning, Hikari pulls the covers over her eyes.

"Mom it's too early!" growls Hikari. She soon feels a heavy weight softly going down on her bed. "If you don't get out of my bed soon, I will rip all your hair out."

"Even if it's your dashing, handsome, and wonderful boyfriend?" teases a familiar voice. Hikari moans in annoyance as two arms wrap around her waist.

"I don't have a dashing and handsome boyfriend," Hikari states coldly. "And I'll rip your hair out especially if you're my boyfriend." However her tough exterior deteriorates when she feels his lips kiss her on the cheek. She sits up immediately and throws a hand to her red face. "You..."

"Come on, get up," Hayato commands her, pushing her to her closet. "Go get changed, I'll wait for you in the kitchen." He sends her his rabbit fings and exits for her to change. but her mind stays on his sudden kiss. Even though it was a light peck on the cheek, it still seemed pretty intense for her since she isn't used to it.

"I'll never understand why you chose him over Ryu," Sayo comments. "I mean you could have a better guy than him."

"I don't know why either, but I don't regret it one bit," Hikari confesses to her little sister. "He's got something."

"Well you know what he doesn't have?" challenges Sayo in a teasing tone. "Manners or brains, he ate my breakfast." Hearing this, Hikari lets out a good laugh.

"You can take half of my breakfast if you want, I'll make that fool buy me some breakfast in return," jokes Hikari, throwing on her uniform's pants.

"I see you ditched the skirt again?" Sayo points out, noticing her sister's constant changes. "Let me guess, Yabuki?" With a simple nod, the two sisters head out to the kitchen where Hayato had ate everything on two plates, leaving only Hkari's plate.

"Hey you pig! You ate all my food!" growls Sayo, punching him in the arm.

"OW!" whines Hayato, glancing at Hikari and her mother. "Can anyone help?"

"Nope," teases Hikari, taking a bite out of her rice ball. Meanwhile, their mother just chuckles and pulls out another plate for Sayo.

"Hikari, you aren't training too hard lately aren't you?" asks her worried mother.

"No mom, I'm fine," answers Hikari, annoyed. She loves her mom, but she's constantly asking her about the dojo training. "Come on, Hayato, we're going to be late to school."

"Oh! I almost forgot!" Hayato chimes, jumping to his feet to bow to Hikari's mom. "Thanks for the food, it was delicious! Come on Ri-chan!" He literally drags her out the door, causing her to stumble and trip, but Hayato continues anyways. Up ahead, they see Tsucchi, Take, and Hyuga waiting for them with the brightest looks on their faces. "So how'd it go?"

"Maki-chan got her friends to go on a group date with us!" cheers Take, smiling and doing a happy dance.

"So many girls!" gushes Hyuga, fainting slightly on Tsucchi, who fans himself as he imagined girls flocking on him.

"YES!" Hayato cheers, hugging Hikari. "We're going on a group date!"

"You're not going to flirt with any girls there are you?" asks Hikari in a demanding tone, jealousy igniting in her.

"I really like you, Ri-chan, but we're still teenagers!" Hayato reasons, but fails miserably. "Come on, let's live a little."

"Are you serious?" shouts Hikari, now completely ticked off. "I'm your girlfriend! You shouldn't flirt with other girls!"

"Fine, I'll stay with you the whole night okay?" says Hayato, giving in to her, but Hikari's glare and scowl remain on her face. "Let's go tell Ryu now!"

"You guys go ahead, I'm not going to be late to school because of you dim wits," fumes Hikari, pushing past all of them.

"Ri-chan, I'll try to ruin his chances with any girls okay?" Hyuga suddenly says quietly to her. Startled by his sudden distance, she jumps. "Oh sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. But I'll help you out. If I see Hayato near any girls, I'll jump in okay?" He gives her two thumbs up.

"Thanks Hyuga, you're a great friend," Hikari smirks and gives him the rabbit fingers before walking to school on her own.

 

~Date Night~

 

Everyone sits in silence just staring at the person across from them once everyone is present.

"Excuse me, did you invite your whole class?" one of the girls asks timidly. She looked really pretty, which Hikari didn't want to admit. She scanned the whole row of Momo High girls earlier and each of them looked so pretty compared to her plain, tomboy self.

"You guys are all idiots," Hikari growls. The five main boys of 3D stare nervously, except Ryu who just looked calm, while the rest of the class answered.

"Yes!" They shout with joy. "Nice to meet you!" They loud response seems to scare the girls since they all begin to huddle together. Hayato gives them an apologetic look.

"We're sorry," he chuckles, but Hikari could feel the sweat he was releasing since she is sitting right next to him.

"Let's start with introductions," Take chuckles, trying to lighten the atmosphere. His suggestion resulted in every guy shouting to introduce themselves first. However Okuma is successful to be the first guy up.

"I'm Okuma!" he bellows from within his stomache. "My hobby is eating and my special talent is falling asleep fast!" Okuma then ends it with a big smile. Hikari slaps herself in the face, expecting the girls to scream and run, but their reactions caught everyone by surprise.

"He's so cute!" they squeal. And with that, the date starts off. Hikari picks up a chicken wing from the table and holds it up for Hayato.

"Say 'ah'!" Hikari says, holding it near his mouth.

"Ri-chan's really going to feed me?!" squeals Hayato, immediately opening his mouth for the delicious crispy chicken.  "It tastes better because my girlfriend fed it to me." His words warm her heart, causing her to blush. "Let me feed you this time." Smiling, Hikari opens , waiting for the chicken, but it never came. She opens her eyes to see Tsucchi and Daiki from their class drag him away to a group of girls. Her annoyed mood comes back so she grabs a dish full of food and brings it over to sit next to Ryu.

"Stupid Hayato," grumbles Hikari, taking a large bite out of her chicken wing.

"What'd he do this time?" chuckles Ryu, looking over to her eating. An amused face makes its way across his face. "Just because you're mad at Hayato doesn't mean you should take it out on the food here."

"I can't help it!" she yells in frustration. "I mean, he already has a girlfriend, so why are we even here for a group date?! I mean, I love you guys and all, but on St. White's Day? It's different if we were on an actual group date where everyone has a girlfriend, but it seems more like a setting up party."

"It is," Ryu points out.

"Well does he have to participate in it too?!" Hikari retorts angrily, pointing to Hayato arm wrestling with another guy as the girls cheer for them. "He already has a girlfriend, why is he trying to impress them?"

"Maybe he's trying to impress you," suggests Ryu, gesturing to Hayato.

"Well he looks like he doesn't even remember about me," pouts the girl, leaning her head on Ryu's shoulder. "Hayato looks like he enjoys the girls giving him attention. He can come back after one round, but he keeps competing with them still."

"How much do you actually compliment Hayato?" asks Ryu, causing her to looks at him in confusion.

"I don't remember, but I think I have at some point," Hikari states, trying to remember. "Besides, why do I have to compliment him? We insult each other and tease each other, it's our thing. That's what made us like each other in the first place."

"Girls always want their boyfriends to shower them with signs of affection, but did you ever think guys need that reassurance too?" His question causes Hikari to shut up. "You might not believe it, but after all those times you turned him down, it really hit his pride. You might not know it, and he may not know it, but I think he's doing this to get compliments from you. But since you almost never do, he needs attention from other girls to rebuild his pride."

"I never thought of it that way," sulks Hikari, feeling slightly guilty. "I guess I gotta be a better girlfriend huh?" Ryu nods. "Thanks Ryu, it always helps to talk to you." Her words cause him to smirk.

"Instead of complimenting me, save it for your boyfriend," Ryu teases and gestures to the cheering Hayato.

"Maybe later, I kinda want some time alone right now," Hikari says sadly, standing up to leave. Her heart drops a little more when she passes her unsuspecting boyfriend, who doesn't even notice her leaving. "Is what Ryu said true?"

"Ri-chan!" Hyuga squeaks, startled by Hikari suddenly opening the door. She closes the door behind her to keep the noise inside while she talks to Hyuga out in the hall. "Leaving so soon? Where's Hayato?"

"Yeah, and actually I'm gonna let him enjoy himself with the girls," Hikari answers bitterly.

"You're not the Hikari we love, come on, go in there and kick his for that!" Hyuga yells, encouraging her. "Look, it's Hyuga the er to the rescue okay Ri-chan?"  Hikari bursts out laughing at his hero name. "Now that's our Ri-chan!"

"Don't call me Ri-chan," smirks a now confident Hikari, punching Hyuga lightly on the shoulder. "Thanks Hyuga, this isn't really my thing so I'm going home first. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Okay, good night Ri-chan," Hyuga says, waving to her. He then gets into a super hero pose. "Hyuga the er to the rescueeeee!"