The Girly Side of Hikari

The Girl that Stole Yabuki's Heart

"I'm so sorry I haven't been able to show up for work at all!" Hikari apologized to Ms.Ichigo. "There's been so much trouble lately so I haven't been able to come! I'm sorry! Please don't fire me!" Ms. Ichigo chuckled at the high schooler's excitement. It's been almost two weeks since Hikari agreed to the job and a few days since the Kudo incident, yet there was always trouble around somehow.

"Of course dear," Ms. Ichigo replied. "But you must come today or give me a reason at least an hour before your shift starts or I will have no other choice but to fire you. Hikari grinned at her and bowed down.

"Thank you!" She cried happily before saying bye and leaving for school. School was normal that day and surprisingly peaceful. Well almost... Hayato had stole one of her rice balls so Hikari put him in a headlock and nearly made him pass out, causing several guys to cheer her on while Takeda, Ryu, Tsucchi, and Kosuke tried to pull her off. Ever since that little event, the two were forced to always have at least four people between them. They forced Hikari and Hayato to move their seats so both of them would be near a wall. The order was now: Hayato, Kosuke, Takeda, Tsucchi, Ryu, and then Hikari. Each class had Hikari sleeping through it unnoticed by teachers. Ryu lent her his notes after each class once she woke up. During their break, Hikari had gotten a bit bored, so she suggested to mess with their head teacher.

"Guys, I'm boreeeed!" Hikari whined. "Can we go mess with Sarudori(Monkey brain)?" Their head teacher was much disliked by the class of 3D so they gave him that nickname which soon became his name to them. Takeda, Tsucchi, Kosuke, and Hayato perked up a bit and exchanged looks.

"That's not a good idea," Ryu scolded. Tsucchi patted his friend's back.

"Don't worry Ryu! Nothing bad will happen!" Tsucchi comforted. "Look, both Hayato and Ri-chan want to do this, and we'll need you there in case something happens right?" Ryu reluctantly agreed, but only to stop unecessary things from happening.

"Yesh!" Hayato announced to their small group of six. "You know, I've always thought Sarudori's car needed something." He winked at the group as they got up. Hayato led them to the school's basement and handed them a bucket of paint, painbrushes, glue, and glitter as Hikari chuckled. Ryu was the only one who didn't took anything, so Hikari grabbed the paintbrush Ryu returned. The group snuck out to the parking lot and started laughing.

"How much time do we have left?" Hikari asked. Kosuke looked at his watch.

"About 20 minutes," he replied. Since they had such little time, they decided to just dump the buckets on the car. While everyone dumped their little bottles of glitter over the car, Hikari grabbed Ryu's hand and placed the bottle in it.

"Live a little," Hikari joked. "Come on, I'll help you." With that, she placed her hand under Ryu's and made him throw some at the car. "Okay you guys, let's scram!" Immediately they all ran back into class and pretended as if nothing happened. After a few seconds though, they couldn't withstand it and bursted out laughing.

After school, as they started leaving, Hikari bolted out the door as fast as she could, earning surprsed looks from her friends. They sprinted and caught up to her.

"Hey, where are you going?" Takeda asked.

"Oh, I was just worried we might get caught by Sarudori," Hikari lied. "So I ended up running out here. If he finds out it's us, I won't be there for him to blame. Well then, see ya!" She saluted them and began walking again.

"Wait don't you want to go to the arcade with us?!" Tsucchi called. Hikari replied with a loud "No thanks!" and with her hand waving.

"She seems strange," Hayato commented, earning nods from the group.

"A boyfriend maybe?" Kosuke suggested. Ryu looked curiously at his best friend who was beginning to get smaller and smaller until she was out of sight. 'Did you really find someone else?' The guys also stared at her until they all burst out laughing again.

"That's a nice one, Hyuga!" Takeda replied.

"Yeah, we all know Ri-chan can't get a man," Hayato joked.

"Don't call me Ri-chan!" Her voice echoed in the sky. Hikari was now at work changing into her uniform and grimicing at how short and girly it looked. "I can't believe I have to wear this...At least it's black..." Since it was a maid cafe, it's only natural they had to wear maid outfits. Unlike the other girls though, Hikari pulled Sayo's shorts from her bag and slipped it on under the skirt. As she changed, she heard the other employees talking.

"Can you believe that new girl?" A girl that Hikari remembered to be Erika asked. Some giggling was followed by an "I know right?!" Erika laughed snobbishly and continued. "She stays mia for about two weeks, and now she comes to work thinking she can just act like nothing happened."

"We should teach her a lesson!" Maya suggested and the girls huddled up and began whispering for once. Hikari angrily put her clothes away and slammed the door walking out.

"You idiots realize I can hear you from in there right?" Hikari challenged the six girls. "Try what you want, but I'm pretty sure it'll be pathetic attempts." With that Hikari turned, put her belongings away in a locker, and walked out to work.

"My, my, my dear one!" Ms. Ichigo exclaimed. "You look so adorable in that costume! Now let's get to work okay?" Hikari blushed and nodded as some new customers entered. Surprisingly it was two men that looked like college students who stepped in.

"Welcome back masters!" Hikari cutely greeted. "Please follow me to your seats." The two guys grinned stupidly as they followed her in a lovestruck manner. "Here are your menus, please call me when you have decided." The men nodded and Hikari went back to the door to welcome the next guests. However she plummeted to the ground when a foot stuck out to trip her.

"Oops!" Rina, another worker from before, exclaimed. "I'm sorry for being so clumsy!" Hikari smiled sarcastically as Rina welcomed the guests iinstead.

"Excuse me, Hikari-chan!" One of the men from before called. She wasn't surprised they knew her name since she had a name tag on.

"Yes masters?" Hikari chimed sweetly, making the two of them melt on the table. She faked a giggle and took their orders. Hikari welcomed the next two guests as she waited for Ms.Ichigo to call her orders. When they were finally finished, Hikari thanked Ms.Ichigo and began walking over to her first two customers. However as she neared them, a girl named Yumi stuck her foot out, causing Hikari to trip and pour the drinks all over the two college students. "I'm so sorry!" Hikari cried as she tried to clean them up.

"What a clusmy girl!" Yumi taunted as the other customers agreed with her and some began to laugh. One of the college boys grabbed Hikari's hand and glared at Yumi.

"What happened?!" Ms. Ichigo cried as she walked out to them. Hikari had a hard time explaining since she kept stuttering. The college student decided to explain for her.

"That girl right there tripped out maid when she was close to us," the guy explained. "Not only that, but another maid earlier tripped her also before when she was about to welcome new customers." Ms.Ichigo stared at Yumi in disbelief.

"Is this true dear?" She asked irritated. Yumi growled as she nodded, knowing Hikari had witnesses. "Okay then, Hikari I'm sorry for what happened. For you two, thank you and I apologize for my unprofessional maid, Yumi. Your orders shall be free. As for you Yumi, I will be docking your pay for their order and this ruined order you caused. Also if Hikari has any request from your pay, she shall be getting it."

"No, it's okay!" Hikari cried waving her hands. "She's already getting punished, I don't want any of her pay." Ms.Ichigo smiled at the girl's personality and went back in the kitchen.

"Look, Hikari, my name is Ren," the college student that stood up for her spoke. "And I was wondering if you would like to go on a date later?"

"I'm sorry, Ren," Hikari said solemnly. "But I'm still going through a heartbreak so I rather not get involved with guys in that way." Ren nodded understanding what she meant. His friend came back with their orders to go since they had to leave.

"Yo, Ren, let's go," His friend called.

"Coming Kouji!" Ren replied. "Well, I shall see you some other time then Hikari." He handed her a tip as they left the cafe. Hikari waved to them until they were gone. Hikari began serving her customers perfectly, earning good tips from them.

"Let go of me!" Yumi cried as she tried to pull away from a drunk customer. "Someone help!" Hikari placed her tray down and stomped over.

"I suggest you let go of our maids right now," Hikari ordered sweetly, causing everyone to stare at her in surprise. Yumi had tripped her earlier and now she's helping Yumi!

"I don't think so," the drunk man slurred.

"Well then, I can't be blamed for this," Hikari replied as she squeezed the man's wrist, causing so much pain to it that he released Yumi.

"You'll pay for that you bi--" Hikari threw a punch at him.

"Ah, ah, ah," Hikari taunted. "No cursing in such a place." She dragged him near the doors, which Yumi and Maya were holding open, and Hikari kicked him out, sending the man flying. Hikari turned back to everyone staring at her like she grew a second head. After a few seconds everyone clapped for her, causing her to blush. "T-thank you?" Hikari nervously said. Yumi thanked her quietly and left with a scowl on her face.

"Hikari, it was a nice thing you did," Ms. Ichigo praised. "But next time, don't fight in my cafe dear. Okay? Or I'll have to fire you." She winked at Hikari who was looking at her confused. "No fighting in my cafe. Anyways your shift is over dear, you may leave." Hikari finally got what she was hinting and went to change.

For the next few days, the guys became confused as to why Hikari didn't accept their invitations to hang outs, karaoke, cafes, etc. Ryu was especially worried for her since he cared for her the most out of all of them.

"I can't believe I'm saying this," Hayato started. "But I'm actually beginning to miss that idiot trying to beat me."

"Let's follow her today after school!" Takeda cried, earning agreements from the others. Hikari didn't hear since she was asleep as always. Even though she only had to work on two days, Hikari was working daily to make up her missed time. After school, Hikari went to the cafe as she always did.

"Here are your orders master Kouji and master Ren!" Hikari chirped as she placed their orders on their table. Even though she's been there for days, the girls were still cruel to her, but Hikari paid no attention since they weren't worth her time. The door opened and Hikari bowed down to greet the guests. "Welcome back masters! Please follow me to your seats!" The guests followed her and sat down, Hikari began to hand out the menus. "So what would you like?" Hikari asked, still not paying attention.

"We'd like to know why you'd work at a place like this," A familiar voice stated. Hikari's pen and pad dropped as she saw who sat at the table and the person who spoke.

"Hayato?!"