Bringing Kudo to Justice

The Girl that Stole Yabuki's Heart

Hikari found herself lost in the dark while fearfully trying to figure out where she was.

"Is anyone there?" She cried out helplessly. "Ryu-kun? Hayato? Take?" Hikari looked around again. "Huuyga? Tsucchi?" A sudden dark chuckle attracted her attention as she whips her head around in all directions. "Who's that? Where am I? Who are you?!" Hikari's voice contained a threatening tone as she got into a fighting stance.

"Now, now, Ri-chan," a familiar voice cooed. "There's no need to get rough with me right?" A light began to form behind her as she turned around and stared at the figure walking towards her cautiously. Out stepped someone she did not expect at all as he smirked towards her. "Surprised Ri-chan?"

"Ryu-kun?" Hikari asked as her defenses fell. He nodded at her and continued approaching her.

"Not exactly," Ryu replied. "Don't talk as if we're friends. This is all your fault Ri-chan. If you had only denied Hayato's idea of you liking me, we could have still been friends. It's all your fault this happened." Hikari felt her heart break all over again as Ryu continued to taunt her.

"No, no no!" Hikari denied. "It's not my fault! Hayato was the one who brought it up!" Ryu's smirk dropped from his face and instead frowned.

"Now you're denying things huh?" Ryu taunted as he pat her head. "Hayato's not at fault Ri-chan, it's you." When he finished Ryu disappeared into thin air.

"No! Ryu! Come back please!"  Hikari begged as she ran around to find him. "Please it's Hayato's fault! Come back! I miss you!"

Hayato looked at Hikari with a worried, concerned look when he woke from her whimpers. Even though Ryu was in between them, Ryu was somehow still asleep. 'They must've really beat him up...' Hayato thought sadly. 'I'm going to to kill those punks!' Hikari's whispers of "No! Please don't go!" pulled Hayato out of his thoughts as he squatted down next to her on one knee.

"Hikari! Hikari!" Hayato whispered to her as he tried to shake her. Hikari woke up with tears b on her eyes as she looked at Hayato with a bit of anger. She looked away from him to avoid things, but her expression turned to one of shock as she saw the door opening. Hayato's gaze lingered on her with concern still until she pointed to the door as Hikari shook him.

"T-the door!" Hikari stuttered as the two of them turned to shake Ryu awake. Groaning, Ryu tried to sit up when Hikari pointed at the door. He noticed Hikari was avoiding eye contact with both of them when they talked. "Guys, we have to go, now!"

"Can you stand?" Hayato asked as he and Hikari both supported a die of Ryu and helped him limp towards the door.

"Let's hurry before they do something again!" Hikari cried. As soon as they were out, the guys relaxed a bit, but Hikari continued being tense. Both guys noticed her tenseness, but only one addressed it.

"Why are you so worked up?" Hayato asked without thinking. Hikari didn't look at him at all but kept walking.

"Quit being so stupid bunny boy," Hikari insulted. "As long as one of us is injured and there's no one else around, we need to be ready for in case they come for us." Ryu furrowed his brows at Hikari's attitude as Hayato walked up to her angered. Just like before, Hayato held her up by her collar as Ryu tried to separate them.

"I don't know why you have such an attitude since I woke you up," Hayato hissed. "But it's getting old, fast. So watch it before I give you a new one as well as a new face." His threat had no effect on her since Hikari was about to throw a punch at him. Due to the fight that was about to start, the three of them didn't notice police sirens approaching. However once a door was slammed, the three of them looked around and saw they were surrounded by police, making Hayato drop Hikari.

"So you've finally done it," the police chief stated as he approached them. They stared at him confused.

"What are you talking about?" Hikari asked. The chief scanned the three of them and smirked.

"These guys stole some jewelry last night." Their confused expressions never changed.

"No we didn't," Hayato said. "We were trapped in this warehouse last night." He pointed to the warehouse from earlier, but the cop laughed.

"Don't deny it," he replied. "Odagiri's train ticket was found at the scene of the crime! Just because you beat him up doesn't mean we'll believe your dumb excuses!" Hikari tightened her fists and walked up to the cop.

"But they're not lying!" Hikari cried. "I was trapped with them the whole night! And I'm pretty sure there weren't any girls around last night at that dumb crime scene! Besides! That little evidence you have, was planned to frame these two! Ryu's a smart guy! If he was to steal something, he'd never slip up like that!" Immediately Hikari began to scold herself mentally as Hayato glared at her and Ryu rolled his eyes.

"So you admit he's smart enough to steal something," the cop laughed. "See? This means he probably stole before! Arrest them! Little girl, you can leave though since it's true that there were no girls around last night, so you're innocent."

"Hey don't twist my words around on me!" Hikari shouted at him, but was shoved roughly into the pavement as Ryu and Hayato got arrested. She looked around the scene and looked back at the two to give them assurance that she won't be abandoning them. Ryu alreay knew she wouldn't do that so he nodded to her to show that he understood. It was then that Ryu realized that that was the first time she's had eye contact with them since last night. Hikari suddenly bolted up and ran somewhere.

"I gotta find those punks!" Hikari growled with determination. "I'm sorry Yankumi, but it looks like I'll be skipping today." Hikari ran into her house and changed into what she thought would work for her plan. She put on shorts she 'borrowed' from Sayo's room and put on tank top with a cardigan over it.

"Hikari where are you going?" Her mother yelled as she bolted through the door again to leave.

"Don't worry mom!" With that Hikari searched through downtown on her own until she saw a guy that she recognized from Kudo's gang. She walked up to him seductively with her hips moving. "Hey you're from Kudo's gang right?" Hikari fluttered her lashes at the guy, causing him to grin ertedly as he looked her up and down.

"Yeah, what of it?" He asked. "You like bad boys?" The guy put an arm around her waist, but she escaped by pretending to be shy and hopped up to sit on a rail next to him, causing him to be at eye level with her chest as she bent down a bit.

"Oh, I love bad boys," Hikari flirted as she ran a hand through his hair, then grimacing inside as she felt too much gel in it. "I think your boss is hot. Do you know where I can find him?" The guy gladly gave her the address of their gang's hang out and handed it to her. "Thanks, hun, now I wanna give you a little thank you. Pucker up." She jumped off from the rail and stood on her tip toes as the guy closed his eyes. Hikari raised her fist and got ready to knock him out.

"RI-CHAN YOU TRAITOR!" A voice cried, causing the guy to open his eyes and saw Hikari about to punch him. He took that chance to run, but Hikari tripped him with her foot and grabbed him by the back of his shirt. She pulled him back up and knocked him out with one punch. Hikari turned back to Hyuga, Takeda, and Tsucchi approaching her with angry looks.

"You idiots!" Hikari yelled furiously. "I finally got Kudo's hang out and you fools almost ruined it! I was gonna knock him out to prevent things! What do you think would've happened if he got away?!"

"Oh..." Takeda said as he rubbed his head. "We thought you were going to kiss him..." The guys looked at her apologetically as Tsucchi kicked the guy on the ground in his ribs, earning a groan from him even though he was knocked out.

"You idiots..." Hikari muttered, rubbing her temples. "I haven't had my first kiss yet, I wouldn't give it to someone like him!" She slapped the guys on their heads before giving the guys the address paper. "Now what are you guys doing here?"

"We're looking for Kudo, Yamaguchi and the rest of the class are helping too," Hyuga said as Tsucchi and Takeda looked over the paper.

"Go look for Yamaguchi and give her that slip," Hikari ordered. "Don't worry about me, I got something up my sleeve." She winked at them before running off to the hide out. The three guys stared at her as she ran.

"Ri-chan..." Takeda breathed out.

"Looks," Hyuga continued.

"So hot!" Tsucchi exclaimed ertedly as he finish their thoughts.

"DON'T CALL ME RI-CHAN!" A voice shouted evilly as the guys scattered again to find Yamaguchi. Hikari knocked down the door to the hide out, sending the debris flying around. "You guys are gonna pay for this." Hikari secretly set her phone on record as she stepped in. "How dare you frame Ryu and Hayato for your pathetic crimes?"

"Easy," Kudo announced, making Hikari smirk. "Those scums are just like us. Once those dumb cops get the school to expel them, those two will have no choice but to join our gang." Hikari pressed her hand against her , hitting the end button, but Kudo's gang had a different idea.

"Look boss, she's pointing to where she wants it!" A guy from the back cried out, earning laughs and wolf whistles from the others.

"It's time for me to teach you a lesson," Hikari announced as she cracked her fists.

"Spank me, teacher!" Another guy laughed. "I've been a naughty student!" Instead of replying, Hikari's fist flew at the closest person, which happened to be a grunt coming up on her right. Her action caused two others to rush at her. She jumped up and kicked them both.

"Who's next?" Hikari asked, smirking. As the guys ran at her, Hikari continuously sent blows at them. She had received a few blows in the gut and head, but she pretended they didn't hurt and continued attacking. Finally after knocking out about ten guys, Hikari began to feel fatigue, making her unable to sense the guy sneaking up on her. He locked her in his grip as Kudo walked up and punched her in the face.

"You've done quite enough little girl," Kudo taunted. "But if you become my pet, I'll forgive you." Hikari smiled at him sweetly before spitting in his face, earning her a backhand from Kudo. The guy holding her dropped her as Kudo and a few other guys went up to kick her repeatedly. Everytime she tried to stand, a foot would knock her back down. Finally Hikari couldn't take it anymore and felt herself blacking out.

"Ri-chan," a gentle voice called out to her. "Ri-chan?" The voice continued calling to her as she groaned and tried to go back to sleep. Memories rushed back to her and Hikari sat up straight in a panick.

"Take that Kudo!" Hikari yelled as she blindly punched in front of her.

"OW!" She opened her eyes to see that it was Hayato that she punched. "What the heck is wrong with you? You little b--" He was cut off by Ryu who placed his hand in front of Hayato's mouth.

"Can you leave us alone for a bit?" Ryu asked calmly as Hayato continued cursing on his way out. Unable to look at him in the eyes, Hikari kept her gaze on the ground. "Ri-chan, look at me." Hikari slowly looked up, but struggled to do so. Ryu helped her by tilting her chin to make her look at him. "What's wrong?" She was so nervous, she didn't even realize he was beginning to call her Ri-chan again. Hikari shook her head stubbornly and tried to look away again. Sighing, Ryu pulled her into a gentle hug, careful not to make her bruises worse. "Ri-chan, you're my best friend, you can tell me anything," Ryu muttered into her hair. Ryu pulled away again, but kept his hands on her arms.

"No, I can't. You don't care for me anymore," Hikari sobbed. Her crying got louder when Ryu pulled her back into him.

"Baka...Who says I don't anymore?" Ryu asked. "I've always been worried for you. When that cop shoved you to the ground, I wanted to beat him up for you. And then when I heard you were in the hospital, I rushed over here as soon as I could."

"Really?" Hikari asked surprised and Ryu nodded. "But you've been so cold to me. I just miss my best friend so much. It's all Hayato's fault we ended up like this. If that idiot never said I liked you, this wouldn't have happened. I hate that guy." Ryu sighed again and poked her cheek.

"It's no one's fault but mine," Ryu admitted. "You were right to confess and Hayato was just teasing. I was the one who told us to be like this. I didn't want you to hurt Ri-chan, that's why I did it." Hikari latched herself back onto him and cried a bit more.

"Pleasse don't ever do that again," Hikari pleaded. "I miss my best friend."

"And I miss my little sister, too," Ryu said as he let her finish crying. "Also be more careful, hearing your sister is in the hospital isn't exactly something I like hearing." Hikari chuckled at his attempt to lighten up the mood and hugged him.

"So what happened after I fainted?" Hikari asked. "How did I get here?"

"Yankumi saved you," Ryu stated. "She brought you to the hospital after the cops got to the hide out. Yankumi also found the recording in your back pocket and showed it to the police. That's how we were proven innocent. She told us where you were after things were clear. Thank you Ri-chan." Hikari smiled and nodded at him as he thanked her with a hug. "And don't you eve wear things like that again okay? Take told me what happened with that thug." He poked her in the cheek as the two exited the room.

"Hey," Hayato greeted at the door of the room. "Thank you Ri-chan." Hikari smiled at him as Ryu stared at his best friend.

"Were you there the whole time?" Ryu asked.

"Yeah," Hayato replied. "Now let's go, everyone's waiting for us." Hayato trailed after the two ahead of him. 'Why did my heart hurt so much every time Ryu hugged her?' Hayato wondered.

"Don't scare us like that again Ri-chan!" Takeda teased.

"You need to stop rushing in like that," Tsucchi scolded pointing his fan at her.

"Wait for us next time, okay?" Hyuga joked as the class stood there waving.

"You guys..." Hikari said surprised. She didn't expect the whole class to be there! "What are you all doing here?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Yamaguchi asked. "They were all worried for you, so they waited for you here." She waited for everyone to say what they wanted to Hikari before her announcement. "Now let's celebrate your classmates you guys! Ramen on me!" They went to Kuma's ramen shop and everyone chatted happily while eating.

"One more bowl Yankumi!" Hyuga begged. Their teacher stared at them, touched that they were finally calling her Yankumi.

"You," She spoke. "Called me Yankumi." Immediately everyone repeated what Hyuga asked and Yankumi announced they could eat as much as they wanted. The class began ordering all kinds of ramen.

"Yankumi!" Kuma exclaimed. "This isn't enough..." Hikari laughed as their teacher tol everyone they could now only order the regular ramen, recieving groans and protests from everyone. Ryu smirked and poked Hikari's cheek before eating his ramen again. Hikari smiled back at him and decided to eat a piece of meat from Ryu's bowl. Seeing the two distracted, Hayato smirked and took a piece of meat from Hikari's bowl since he was done with his.

"Hey!" Hikari cried as the two began wrestling for Hikari's ramen. The class watched their leader and their female classmate for entertainment as they ate.

'Things are finally back to normal,' Hikari thought happily as she head butted Hayato, earning "OOH!"s from the class.