The Horror Begins

The Girl that Stole Yabuki's Heart

"Yankumi!" Takeda pants heavily, as he nears his teacher and their classmate.

"Oy Kuma!" hisses Tsucchi.

"Don't you guys ever run away like that again," Kosuke pants, falling on the floor. The rest of the class soon caught up and fell to the ground also.

"Where are Ri-chan and Hayato?" asks Takeda.

"I thought they were behind you?" Tsucchi wonders, pointing to Kosuke.

"I thought they were behind Ryu?" says Kosuke, pointing to Ryu, who only shook his head in reply.

"HOLY FIGHTING GOD WE LOST TWO LEADERS!" screams Tsucchi, causing the class to erupt in frustrated cries.

"WHAT?!" Yankumi yells. "It's all my fault! I never should've ran like that! It's because of me! They ran after me and now they're gone!"

"What's that?" Ryu asks, getting the class' attention.

"What's what?" asks Kosuke. Motioning the class to quiet down, Ryu kept his eyes concentrated at a bush that had noise from behind it. Everyone push Yankumi and Ryu to the front, hoping they would protect the rest of the class.Everyone got ready to run as Yankumi slowly hides herself behind Ryu.

"Is it the ghost?" asks Yankumi, nearly in tears.

"KUSO!" A voice growls angrily, causing the class to all scream in a way that could rival Momo High's girls' reactions to 3D.

"It's only Hayato," smirks Ryu. Everyone calmed down as Hayato and Hikari came out from the bush together.

"Man we thought we lost you guys," whines Hayato, rolling his head backwards.

"And Yankumi, don't run off next time," demands Hikari.

"Yes mam," the teacher guiltily replies, nodding her head.

"Well now that everyone's here, let's go back to the hotel," suggests Hikari.

"Hey I'm the head of this class! And I say since everyone's here, let's go back to the hotel," Hayato repeats, causing him to get knocked in the head by Ryu and Hikari. "Hey respect your leader!"

"Both of you be quiet and let's go," Takeda states, pushing the two apart before they begin to fight again. Huffing, Hikari and Hayato turn their noses in opposite directions while following the class back to the hotel.

"Okay class, all of you sleep well tonight and we will visit the onsen tomorrow!"Yankumi says, as the class cheers. She walks over and grabs Hikari by the sleeve. "Come on Toda-san, let's go to our room!"

That night Hikari finds herself still unable to sleep despite the time being 2:43AM. Why? Ask the glorious ex-yazuka heiress that has been snoring and sleep talking for the past few hours. In response, Hikari continuously tries to sleep by covering her ears with the pillow, putting a pillow on Yankumi's face only to be punched away, and counting sheep.

"Oh Kujo-sensei, call me Kumiko!" Yankumi gushes in her sleep, as she pulls in the closest thing to her for a hug, imagining it to be her love. Sadly, since Hikari was trying to cover Yankumi's face with a pillow again, she found herself in the strangling arms of Yankumi. "Kujo-sensei!" Wincing, Hikari begins feeling completely disgusted as Yankumi tries to kiss her. With all her might, Hikari manages to free herself from her teacher's grasp, causing Yankumi to turn to a pillow to be Kujo-sensei.

"You are one crazy woman!" hisses Hikari quietly, falling backwards out of exhaustion. "I can't sleep like this, maybe I should get some training done." She walks out to the hallway and was about to close the door when she realizes how dark the hallway is at night. "Aw man, what if the ghosts get to me? No Hikari, ghosts don't exist, who am I kidding?" Just as she closes the door, a voice begins to moan.

"Ohhhh...."

"What was that?" Hikari whips her head around, but to her dismay everything remain too dark for her to see. "Who's there?!"

"You will be our next offering!" the voice wails.

"NO! Ghosts don't exist! Ghosts don't exist!" She chants over and over, hoping that the voice will go away.

"We do exist!" another voice groans. A chill runs up her spine as the voices seem to be getting closer.

"Yankumi save me!" she begins to shriek, pounding on the door loudly. "Yankumi wake up! SAVE ME!"

"No one can save you!" the voice cackles, and Hikari screams even louder when she feels a cold hand grab her.

"YANKUMI!" By now Hikari has tears threatening to fall out as fear rises in her body. She can't die like this!

"Ri-chan!" a voice suddenly yells, snapping her out of her state of fear. "What are you doing out here screaming in the hall?" Hikari's head snaps toward the direction of the new voice faster than a dog running for food.

"Hayato!"she cries, throwing her arms over over, causing Hayato to mentally curse inside his head. As much as she acts like a guy most of the time, she DIDN'T feel like it with her hug. "You gotta help me, please make them go away. Please..." Hayato stares in shock as Hikari suddenly appear smaller than she usually does to him. Hikari felt as small as she did after her fight with Shoon.

"I'm right here," Hayato replies, slowly wrapping his arms around her. What else could he say? He didn't even know what was going on! "Why are you outside your room screaming and crying in the middle of the night? You woke me up in the middle of my dream."

"There was this voice," Hikari stammers. "And then it started speaking to me. And then it said I'm the tribute for this year. And then I started screaming. And then I felt a hand grabbing me. And then you came. And then... Oh thank you Hayato." Continuing to stand there frozen, Hayato tries to process what his female classmate had just said as she goes on with burying her face in his shirt. Finally Hayato finds the courage to rub her back soothingly.

"So the legend of this hotel is true...." he whispers, and Hikari nods. "Wait that still doesn't answer why you're outside of your room."

"My room mate is Yankumi," states Hikari bluntly, all the fear completely gone from her voice. Seeing his confused face, she points to the door with a raised eyebrow. "Just listen." The two put their ears against the door, hearing a loud noise that seems impossible to come from a human.

"Man you guys got some weird plumbing," says Hayato, causing Hikari to snicker.

"Actually that's our beloved Yankumi," corrects Hikari, evoking wide eyes from her male companion. "Do you mind if I sleep with you from now on? I can't sleep with Yankumi like this."

"So you want to sleep with me now?" teases Hayato in a husky voice. Gently, he pushes her against the wall and places his hands on her shoulders. Due to their closeness, Hikari could feel his breath on her neck. Unamused, she pulled up her leg to attack Hayato's little friend. Luckily for Hayato, he already predicted this outcome so he moves his hands up to block her kick. However thanks to Yankumi's training Hikari's kick packed a bit more power than Hayato had anticipated so she was still able to injure his slightly. "OW! I was just kidding!"

"Well you're a horrible comedian," she retorts.

"Like anyone'd want to sleep with you anyways," mutters Hayato under his breath, but Hikari's trained ears heard it very well, earning him a punch in the face.

"I heard that," states Hikari, but then smiles gently at him. "Thanks for tonight Hayato.Good night."

"Yeah, anytime Ri-chan," replies Hayato, rubbing his cheek. Feeling bad, Hikari softly touches a new bruise forming on his cheek, causing him to wince.

"Sorry!" she gasps slightly, and massages it, a bit gentler this time. Hayato's face relaxes under her touch as he closes his eyes to enjoy her soft massage. Heat rises to her cheeks as she continues to stare at her leader's relaxed face. Quickly retreating her hand, Hikari gives him another quick 'good night' before running back into her own room. Hayato stands there, and brings his left hand to his heart, which was racing from their little moment. On the other side of the door, Hikari slowly slides down the door, trying to stop the blush from appearing on her cheeks, but to no avail. Both of the parted for the night, unaware that they have been watched the whole time.

 

~Morning~

 

"Good morning Toda-san!" Yankumi chirps cheerfully. However in contrast to her teacher's mood, Hikari grumpily rolls over on her bed, pulling her covers over her body. "Wake up! We're going to check out the onsen today!" Without a warning, she yank the sheets off her student.

"Let me sleep Yankumi, you kept me up all night snoring and talking about Kujo-sensei," the student grunts angrily.

"I did?!" gasps Yankumi. "I'm so sorry Toda-san! I didn't mean to!"

"It's fine," answers Hikari, finally taking the covers off. "I'm gonna be rooming with Hayato from now on."

"What?!" she yells, shocked. "But isn't that indecent? I've always wanted to see the children of my students one day, but this would be too early!" Blushing furiously, Hikari throws her pillow at Yankumi, nearly knocking her off her feet.

"I'm not going to be doing anything like that for a long time!" she shouts, embarrassed. "I'm only rooming with him because I can't sleep in the same room as you!"

"What? I can't be that bad," denies Yankumi. However her face falls when Hikari takes out her phone and plays a recording of what seems to be bad plumbing. "Well if you can't stand that sound of the plumbing, I'll ask for a new room for us."

"Actually that's you," retorts Hikari. Funny how she said the same thing ot Hayato last night. After much arguing, Yankumi finally agreed to letting Hikari room with Hayato.

The class met in the lobby and Yankumi took attendance to make sure no one overslept or ran off to destroy the hotel. Hikari found herself extremely annoyed since everyone seemed to act as if the legend about the ghosts yesterday didn't exist. She found herself even more annoyed when the guys tried to imagine her in nothing but a towel. When the guys began to whisper how they can peek at her in the onsen, Hikari pounded each of them in the head. Ryu of course followed her and made sure none of the guys would bother his little sister by sending them all death glares. What she didn't expect was for Hayato to back her up too by doing exactly what Ryu did.

The male population of the class and Yankumi and Hikari all split for the different gender bath houses. Ryu and Hayato stood between the guys and the wall to make sure none of the guys would pull any tricks to sneak a peek to the women's side. Takeda, wanting to let the leaders relax too, managed to stop the guys from misbehaving by saying that if they try to spy on the girls, they will see Yankumi , turning off all the guys. Meanwhile on the women's side, Yankumi fell asleep in the bath, claiming that it is too relaxing. Enjoying the heat, Hikari had to agree that the onsen was indeed relaxing as she massages her the water onto her skin. She smiles, noticing that the onsen made her skin softer.

When 3D walked out of the onsen, they spent the rest of the day touring the island, checking out the temples and gift shops. Well Yankumi and Takeda did, the rest seemed completely bored out of their minds. There were times when Hikari would hear the voices of the ghosts and jump. The group assured her that it was just her imagination and that they were there for her should anything happen. Finally they returned to the hotel, to the relief of most of the class. Everyone part to retire to their rooms. Hayato follows Hikari to Yankumi's room to help her move her belongings to his.

"That's the last of it," she announces, proud of them as she claps her hands togther. "Thanks Hayato."

"This is the first time I don't see a girl packing a lot, I can still feel my arms," he replies, surprised. They share a laugh before Hikari walks over to her luggage. Hayato's eyes widen and swallows hard as Hikari bends over to grab her PJs from her suitcase. He mentally curses and tries to avert his eyes while Hikari goes into the bathroom to change. When she enters the room, Hayato thanked the fighting god mentally for Hikari not having revealing PJs. If she did, he'd be in even more trouble. Luckily she wore sweats and a T-Shirt.

"Hayato, what if those ghosts come back for me?" she asks, worried. Gazing at her in a trance, Hayato pats her softly on the head.

"Trust in me," he reassures with a smile. "I'll be right here to protect you if they come. If you want, we can sleep in the same bed--" His voice trails off when he notices a glare from Hikari. "I'm just kidding, but just know I'll protect you okay? No ghosts will get you." Hikari nods and smiles at him gratefully.

"Good night Haya-AH!" As she bids him good night, Hikari trips over a random chair and tumbles forward. Hayato rushes up to help her, but is too late. Hikari hits the floor and Hayato trips over his feet since he jumped up too fast. As a result, Hikari hits the floor face-down with Hayato's on the ground just a little farther away from her, fists accidentally landing hard on her back due to his fall. "OW!"

"I'm sorry!" He jumbles and crawls up over to her to help her up. Getting up, the two realize how close they are. Their noses are only about 5 inches apart since Hayato is slouching. He finds himself even more frustrated as Hikari bits down lightly on her bottom lip. Is she trying to get him to attack her?

"Good night," she repeats again, completely flustered as she slips into her bed. Hayato quietly returns a "Good night", but she still hears it. Turning off the lights, Hayato gets into his own bed and tosses around for an hour. Surprisingly Hikari has fallen asleep as soon as he turned off the lights. Then again who could blame her? A night with snoring Yankumi and then that trip to the tourist attractions would tire anyone out. He groans in annoyance, wondering what would've happened if he kissed her at that moment, or the moments they had before.

"Gaaah does this mean I like her?" he cries in a hushed voice. He gets out of bed and trots over to Hikari's sleeping body. After pulling up the blanket to cover her shoulder, Hayato brushes a few strands out of her face as he continues to stare at her as if he were in a trance. "I guess not..." However right at that moment, Hayato curses mentally at his luck once again as Hikari turns over, hand brushing against his friend slightly in the process. He jumps away from her bed and tackles his pillow, trying to get the sensation of her touch to leave his mind. After a few agonizing hours of trying to remove the sensation, Hayato is finally rewarded with a peaceful sleep.

 

~Hayato~

 

"What a nice sleep," Hayato comments, stretching his arms. Looking around, he notices that he is alone in the classroom. "Man it's already 8:15, where is everyone?"

"You're finally awake?" a voice asks, surprising him. Hayato turns to see something he never expected. There on a desk, was Hikari, in her sailor uniform from the On Campus Day, and the most surprising thing is that she's sitting with her legs crossed. Well she does sit like that, but this is the first time he's seen her sitting in such a femine way. Not to mention her legs, which seemed more attractive than Hayato ever imagined. His eyes trail up her legs as she swings off the desk and walks over to him with a hand on her hip. "Hayato, are you okay? You seem kinda out of it."

"I-- uh, I-I.. Fe--," Hayato stumbles over all his words, tongue-tied at the tomboy he's come to know. Unable to speak, all he can do is continue to stare at her and take in the view.

"Haha, like what you see Hayato?" she teases, giggling like the girls from Momo High do. He slowly nods, still in a trance from staring at her legs. "Well what if I let you see a little more?" A blush rises to her face as she shyly sits down on a desk next to him and smiles at her hands.

"Seriosly? You're not gonna hit me?" he asks, shocked. 

"No, but I'll let you hit something," Hikari says plafully, winking at him. Without another word, Hayato jumps out of his chair and tackles her right away, bringing them to a heavy make out session on the desk. Hands began to wander and Hayato , asking for permission, which she of course granted. However Hayato frowns slightly at the feeling of his tongue against what seemed to be really rouch and dry, not at all like a tongue.

Confused, he opens his eyes to see nothing but darkness. His eyes took a few seconds to adjust to the darkness and he realizes it was all just only a dream, a wet dream that had nearly set him off. And apparently he had been making out with a pillow. Groaning, he pounds his pillow in frustration.

"Why didn't that dream last longer?" he whines into the pillow. Then suddenly he pulls back from it. "I just had a dream about Ri-chan. No, no, no, no,no. This can't be." Hayato dashes into the bathroom, splashing water all over his face. Staring into his reflection's eyes, he tries to think through it all. "Do I really like Ri-chan? I admitted I'm attracted to her."

"Of course you like her," his reflection suddenly spoke, causing Hayato to gasp and jump back.

"GHOST!" he shrieks quietly.

"No I'm not ghost, I'm your conscious. And I know everything you try to hide from yourself," teases the reflection. "You like her."

"What makes you think that?" challenges Hayato, glaring at his reflection.

"You don't like tomboys, yet you spare so much time thinking about Hikari and think she's cute," he answers confidently.

"That's only because she's cute! I don't like her!"

"Really? Then why did you try to protect her from the hormones of 3D?"

"Because she's a girl! And even tomboys deserve respect."

"Okay fine you don't like Hikari." Hayato smirks at these words. He knew he didn't like her! "Let's talk about something else. How do you feel about Ryu?"

"He's cool."

"Fighting?"

"Love it."

"Kids."

"All brats."

"Shoon?"

"Hate the guy."

"Momo High girls."

"Like them."

"Tomboys."

"Dislike them."

"Hikari."

"Like her." Now, the reflection is smirking at Hayato as his hands fly to his mouth, realizing what he just said.

"Now say it again," the reflection commands.

"I like Hikari," he slowly states. "I like Ri-chan." He repeats it three more times. Hayato feels a heavy weight being lift off him as he continues repeating those three words. "I admit it now. I like Ri-chan." Smiling, his troubles begin to fade away. So should he figure out how to confess to her now? As he wonders about how and when or even if he should confess, a familiar scream is heard from outside the bathroom. "RI-CHAN!" Slamming the door open, Hayato rushes out and franticly turns on the lights.

He spins around the room, panicking when he finds Hikari nowhere in sight. Over on her bed, the sheets were cascaded down to the floor, as if someone had dragged her out of bed. His heart rate speeds up when he finds her dogtag near the door, broken off. He worriedly picks it up.

"Ri-chan?" he whispers, fear evident in his voice. His fear escalates when he hears airy laughter in the air. "Why didn't I listen to her when she told me about the ghosts?" Regret fills him up as he punches the wall a few times. "Ri-chan I swear, I will save you before anything happens to you." With that, he runs out the door.