Takeda's Love

The Girl that Stole Yabuki's Heart

"Oh!" Hikari said in surprise as she came out of the school gates. There in from of her was the little middle schooler named Ogata Yamato glaring at anyone who passed him. "Yamato!" She saluted him and his glaring face finally changed to a smirk.

"Yo!" He greeted back.

"Hey, okay, let's go to Kuma's!" She cheered and rushed off with Yamato being dragged by her.

"Was that Ri-chan?" Takeda asked Tsucchi and Hyuga as they exited the school.

"Well there is only one girl in our entire school," Hyuga pointed out.

"And it did sound like Ri-chan," Tsucchi added.

"But then," Takeda trailed off as he looked at his friend run off with a middle schooler. "Who's that guy she was with?"

"Can't be her boyfriend," another voice joined in.

"Hayato!" The three guys yelled in surprise. Their leader gave his signature bunny sign as Ryu silently walked up behind them.

"She never told me about a guy," Ryu said suspiciously.

"Ri-chan can't get a guy anyways!" Hayato insulted as he walked away. "Well, I got a date with Maya, see you guys later."

"Let's put our plan into action!" Takeda yelled and Hyuga and Tsucchi cheered behind him.

 

Hikari and Yamato

 

"What's wrong?" Yamato asked worriedly as Hikari suddenly shivered. "It's so hot today, you can't be cold."

"Just now I think someone was talking about me," Hikari said. "Must've been bunny boy."

"Two shrimp ramen!" Kuma announced and placed the bowls in front of the two. "Eat up."

"Thanks Kuma, itadakimasu!" The two yelled and began eating.

"So who was that guy you wanted to kill the other day?" asked Yamato.

"Bunny boy?" Hikari asked, with a mouthful of ramen. Yamato rolled his eyes and gestured to . She quickly wiped as he nodded to her question. "He's the leader of our school, but to be honest the guy's an idiot. A hot head that fights like a girl. You know the only reason he beat me last time was because he was using dirty tricks?" 

"What kind of tricks?" Yamato asked, amused by how she looked as she talked and ate at the same time.

"He was being a ert, grabbing me like that!" She accused. "Oh, and he was pulling my hair!"

"That sounds more like se--" He was cut off by Hikari's glare. "Yeah, let's just eat...."

"Yeah, let's," Hikari said annoyed as she went back to eating her ramen. The two finished the shrimp ramen without another word and left the restaurant after Yamato paid. "Thanks for the meal Yamato! It was so good!"

"It's just a thanks for last time," Yamato replied. "See you around." They waved bye to each other as Hikari went to meet up with the others. Surprisingly everyone was quiet except Hayato at the park. Hikari couldn't help but notice a sad look on the next day.

"Ri-chan!" Hayato and Ryu greeted.

"Don't call me Ri-chan," she threatned before hitting Hayato hard on the shoulder. "And hi Ryu-kun!"

"So, we saw you with a guy earlier," Tsucchi teased. "Who was it?"

"It was a younger guy, I know that," Hayato pointed out. "Same school as my brother. Are you going for younger guys now?"

"What? Of course not!" Hikari yelled. "I just saved him the other day so now he's paying me back by buying me lunch since bunny boy here always steals my food!"

"I don't always steal your food!" Hayato denied.

"Actually yes you do," the other guys said in unison, causing him to raise his hands defensively.

"Okay fine, so I tend to eat it everyday," Hayato admitted. "But it tastes soooo good Ri-chan!" Immediately he was punched on the arm. "I know, I know, don't call you Ri-chan."

"Moving on," Hikari said annoyed. "Take, what's wrong? You seem quiet today." However instead of answering, Takeda abruptly stood up and walked away. She looked towards Tsuchi and Hyuga who had guilty looks on their faces. "What happened?"

"Well...."Hyuga said as they began explaining.

"I can't believe you guys would do that..." Hikari said in disappointment. "I hope you learned your mistakes because poor Take sure is right now."

"Maybe it'll be better tomorrow right?" Hayato asked. The others nodded in hope.

"Hopefully," Ryu said quietly.

Or not.... Things actually got worse the next day. Maki had came in the morning and slapped Takeda, telling him off in front of everyone. Hikari had to admit that he deserved it, but then again, it was Takeda. Not only that, but Takeda disappeared ever since Yankumi punched some sense into him. Now everyone was running around looking for him.

"Oh, excuse me," Hikari asked a man near her. "But did you happen to see a boy wearing this uniform and about this height?" The man chuckled and checked her out discreetly.

"No, but I did happen to see an angel," he flirted, making Hikari smiled nervously. Before he got a chance, Hikari quickly ran off, looking for Takeda again. The group finally met up at an intersection.

"Did you find him?" Hayato and Hikari asked at the same time. "Don't copy me. No, YOU don't copy ME! Oy!" The two began fighting again until Ryu stood in between them.

"We don't have time for this!" Tsucchi cried. "You two need to stop fighting!"

"Take needs us," Ryu stated. "Learn to grow up at times like this." Although Ryu was harsh about it, the two knew deep down that he was right. They quickly nodded before splitting up and looked around the city again. The day went unsuccessful as no one except Yankumi saw Takeda, but she lost him once he ran off again. Hikari returned home and flopped on the bed.

"Welcome home, onee-chan," Sayo greeted. "What happened today?"

"Well that kid Ogata finally got me my lunch," Hikari said happily. "But then Takeda's gone missing and we couldn't find him."

"What happened?!" She cried worried. "Take and Ryu are your only friends I actually like. I hate Hayato most of all, he's so arrogant. I swear him coming to our house nearly filled up one room with his big head."

"I know right?" Hikari agreed for the Hayato comment. "Anyways, the girl Take likes came today and told him off for playing a dirty trick." As Hikari told the story of her day, she noticed Sayo had her necklace on again. "Wait, why are you wearing that?"

"Wearing what?" Sayo asked as she tried to hide her necklace.

"Your necklace that you and Conner had back at our old school," Hikari said annoyed. "Did you two get back together again?" She crossed her arms and sighed in annoyance. "You promised not to get back with him again!"

"I know!" Sayo cried. "But I can't help it, I still love him. I hate him a lot, but I do still love him."

"We've talked about this enough, so we both know what we're gonna say," Hikari said as she rubbed her head. "Let's just get some rest okay? I need to keep looking for Takeda tomorrow." Sayo nodded and the two sisters bid each other good night. The two got used to being alone at night since their mom was had the night shift as a nurse. The next day went as expected, Takeda still didn't come to school and everyone was off looking for him once again after school ended. Everyone ended up at the same place since they thought alike, Maki's workplace.

"What are you doing?" Hayato asked the peering Yankumi. Surprised, she turned around and stared at her students.

"Me? What about you guys?" She returned.

"You really have to ask that?" Hikari retorted. "Of course we're all concerned about Take."

"You guys do care about your friends!" Yankumi squealed excitedly, but was cut off by Ryu.

"Shut up," he growled annoyed and pushed past everyone into the restaurant. 'Hayato might be the leader of Kurogin, but Ryu is the true leader,' thought Hikari. As they looked around, they heard a loud conversation about an idiot high schooler.

"There's no chance against Okudera," the men laughed. The three men began placing bets on what seemed like a fight.

"He must really be in love with Maki-chan," one of the men said as the other two laughed.

"That must be Take," Hikari said determined and nodded to the others.

"Will you explain to us what's going on?" Yankumi asked them, with the rest of the group backing her up from behind. The men laughed at them, causing Hikari's anger to rise.

"We're not in the mood!" She yelled and suddenly attacked them before any of the guys or Yankumi could hold her back. In a few seconds, all three men were laid on top of each other, all groaning and trying to get forgiveness from her.

"The river side!" One of the men confessed. "The idiot high schooler challenged Okudera to a duel for Maki!"

"He found out Okudera has more than one girlfriend and wanted him to stay away from Maki!"

"Please don't hurt us!" The men pleaded.

"Pathetic..."Hikari muttered as she turned to the others. "Let's go!" Before they left, Hayato kneeled down beside the three men.

"By the way, this is for calling our friend an idiot," Hayato teased before knocking the daylights out of the three. They hurried to the river side where Takeda and Okudera would be. They also noticed Maki running behind them once they exited the shop. As they reached the scene,everyone watched helplessly as Takeda was being beat up by the college student. As Hayato ran to help him, Yankumi and Hikari stopped him.

"I know you don't want to see this, but it's his fight," Hikari lectured.

"Don't interrupt them," Yankumi added. "This is what will make Takeda man." Everyone watched with clenched fists, wanting to take Take's place and beat up Okudera themselves. Maki, who finally reached the river side, watched the fight along the others. She winced, seeing Takeda fall over for the third time.

"Why?" She asked. "I told him to stay away from me." Hikari, angered by the girl's cluelesness, went over and shook Maki roughly.

"Because he likes you!" Hikari yelled.

"Don't you understand?" Ryu added. "He's doing it for you."

"Takeda's fighting for you," Yankumi repeated. "He's trying to protect you."

Takeda couldn't forgive that guy for deceiving you and wanted that guy to cut ties with you," Ryu explained. "That's why he challenged him."

"Deceiving me?" Maki asked confused. Hikari hit herself on the head.

"Could you be any dumber?" She asked annoyed, but was cut off by Hayato placing a hand on her shoulder.

"That guys has other girlfriends besides you," Hayato answered.

"Even though there's no way for Take to take down a strong guy like that," Tsucchi continued. 

"This is his limit," Hyuga said sadly, seeing his friend unable to get up from the ground. Hikari grabbed Yankumi's wrist.

"Yankumi, please stop it now," pleaded Hikari. Nodding, their teacher ran for Okudera. Takeda braced himself for the finishing blow from Okudera, which was fortunately stopped by Yankumi.

"It's already finished," she hissed. She began squeezing his knuckles so hard, they could hear cracks slightly. The next thing Okudera did was a huge mistake. Thinking he could win, he tried to throw a hidden punch at Yankumi but found her fist near his face in a blink of an eye. Okudera began backing away like a coward as Yankumi caught Takeda in her arms and apologized for punching him. The group ran to their fallen friend and congratulated Takeda for finding the courage to stand up to Okudera.

"Who are you?" Okudera asked.

"Me?" Yankumi asked innocently. "I'm his homeroom teacher."

"What?" He asked, as if she was mocking him. "Nowadays teachers come out to their students' fights?"

"If it's to protect my students, I'll go anywhere," Yankumi swore, touching their hearts once again with her words.

"Must be a lot of trouble for you," Okudera taunted. "Having such weak students." Without another word, Hikari threw a punch at his face.

"I'd like to hear you bad mouth our teacher or class one more time," Hikari threatened. "I'm not going to let you leave this place without getting punched at least once."

"Do you really think a little girl like you scare me?" Okudera asked as he raised his hand to slap her, but was restricted when Hayato threw his own punch and knocked Okudera over.

"I don't want you touching anyone from Kurogin," Hayato said. "Do you hear me?"

"And for your information," Hikari stated. "Takeda is far from weak. Right Yankumi?" Their teacher nodded.

"He took on a challenge he has no chance of winning for the girl he likes," Yankumi pointed out. "What part of him is weak? Even though he's not a strong fighter, he didn't run away! His heart is strong! He's stronger than you!" They all turned towards Maki who began approaching them. Okudera stepped up to her, only to be ignored by Maki who was going towards the injured Takeda.

"Are you okay?" She asked him sweetly as she handed him a hankerchief. Hyuga grinned at his friend who seemed to be smiling through the pain. As the guys teased Takeda, Hikari quietly followed Okudera and once they were out of the others' sights, she tapped him.

"If you truly think Takeda is weak, then fight me," Hikari ordered. Smirking, Okudera got into his stance but the fight only lasted a second since Hikari threw the strongest kick she could manage and knocked him out cold. "Too easy..."

 

The Next Day

 

"So guys, what do you think?" Yankumi asked excitedly as she stood in front of the class. Nobody could say anything except stare at their teacher in horror.

"You're...pink," Hayato said, being the first to regain his voice. In front of them, Yankumi stood in a pink dress, pink hat, pink shoes, holding a pink purse and pink ruler. Not only that, but her hair ties were also pink!

"What did you and my sister buy?" Hikari asked in horror.

"Is it too much?" Yankumi asked as she looked herself over one more time.

"Just a tad," Takeda said holding up a small gap between his fingers.

"I think you'll scare away your Valentine's Day target," Ryu pointed out, earning agreements from everyone.

"Just wear casual clothes Yankumi," Tsucchi said.

"PLEASE!" Hyuga suddenly yelled out, earning laughs from everyone.

"As ugly as she looks, you should learn from her Ri-chan," Hayato taunted. "You look so much like a man that I doubt anyone would even want to go out with you." Hikari jumped on him and began trying to strangle Hayato once more as the others pulled her off.

"Yankumi, we beg you," Hayato said. "PLEASE change!"

"Fine," Yankumi pouted. "But I have something for you guys too." Once Yankumi came back in... less frightening clothing, she handed each of them a piece of chocolate. 

"What are these?" Hayato asked curiously as everyone stared at it cautiously.

"Chocolates full of love from me to you guys!" Yankumi answered.

"Chocolates?" Hayato asked. "These don't even look like chocolates." Hikari sniffed it quickly and a small part.

"And you're sure these are edible?" She asked her teacher warily. Howver their classmate Okuma answered her question by shouting "Delicious!" super loud once he took a bite out of it.

"HUH?!" Everyone yelled in shock, looking at him before looking at their chocolates. Slowly, everyone bit into their strange looking chocolates and found that you truly can't judge a book by its cover. The chocolates tasted so sweet!

"Doesn't taste as bad as it looks," Hayato 'complimented.'

"It's unexpectedly good," Hyuga added with a grin.

"Obviously," Yankumi bragged. "If I put my mind to it, I can do anything."

"Wait, what about Ri-chan?" Okuma suddenly asked. "Did you make any chocolates for us?"

"Yeah!" The class agreed, demanding chocolates from her.

"Of course I didn't make any chocolates for you guys!" She shouted. "I don't make chocolates for people if I don't like them you know!"

"So you made some for Ryu?" Hayato teased as the class grinned.

"Stop messing with her you guys," Ryu said, but jumped up when Hikari began pulling Hayato's hair.

"One day I will rip all your hair out bunny boy!" She threatened.

"It's Valentine's Day so no fighting!" Yankumi yelled. "Except for love! You can fight in the battle of love today, but nothing else!"

"Yes Yankumi," everyone droned. The school day passed by quickly with the female teachers wearing pink clothing. They were surprised to see Sayuri-sensei in a pink flowing dress, but also surprised to see Baba-sensei crying all period at his desk. Once school ended, they all went to watch Takeda receive a trophy for the day before.

"For me?" Takeda asked as he took the chocolates out of Maki's hands.

"There's no deep meaning to this," Maki reminded. "It's just to thank you." However Takeda didn't seem to care about that as he cutely yelled "Yatta!" and jumped around.

"It looks like she likes him," Hikari cooed as she pointed at Maki's blush.

"I gotta tell everyone!" Takeda yelled like a little kid as he ran back to brag to everyone, who were cheering for him.

"Ummm.... Ri-senpai?" A quiet voice asked from behind the loud group. Everyone quieted down and turned to the source of the voice.

"Yamato!" Hikari yelled and saluted to him. "What are you doing here?" However instead of answering her, Yamato grabbed a small package from behind him and held it out.

"I like you Ri-senpai!" Yamato yelled suddenly, earning gasps from class 3D. "Please accept these chocolates!"

"Isn't it usually the girl who gives the guy chocolates?" Hayato teased, but was silenced by a quick punch to the stomach from both Hikari and Ryu.

"Shut up bunny boy," Hikari hissed as the two began fighting again. As he watched the two, Yamato sighed and looked down.

"I can't believe there's a guy that actually like you, you man lady!" Hayato taunted as he dodged a blow from her.

"At least I look like my gender!" Hikari shouted back and aimed for his hair again.

"Ri-senpai!" Yamato yelled, getting their attentions again. "I understand. But my feelings for you are real. Please accept these chocolates for now. And once I become a high schooler, please look at me as a man!" Shoving the chocolates into her hands and bowing, Yamato ran off as the class teased Hikari.

"Hikari, you got a younger guy interested!" Hyuga said and poked her side.

"Well what do you think of him Ri-chan?" Takeda asked.

"I really just thought he'd be a boyfriend for Sayo in the future, not me," Hikari said, still shocked from the sudden confession. "The confession doesn't seem like him though. I didn't think he'd be the type to do that."

"Shouldn't you be happy since someone actually likes you?" Hayato asked. "I mean if it was me, I'd go for someone with curves, prettier, and actually acts feminine." 

"Shut up you--" Ryu placed his hand over as Takeda pointed to Yankumi.

"Look!" Tsucchi whispered as everyone pushed to see what's going on. Once Yankumi succeeded in handing over the chocolates, the class whooped loudly.

"We saw that! We saw that!" Hyuga teased.

"You guys..." Yankumi muttered as the blush on her face deepened. "Don't make fun of your teachers!" Everyone ran off laughing as Yankumi chased them down the streets. They ran over a few hills and fields before the class split up to get away.

"That was fun ne?" Hikari asked as she slowed down and Hayato slowed down in front of her.

"I think that was the first time we spent an hour near each other without trying to kill each other," Hayato laughed.

"I know, right?" Hikari said as she placed a hand on his shoulder to keep her balance. Hayato flung an arm over her shoulder to keep his own balance.

"It's so nice not to fight with you for once," Hayato breathed out. "Really though, you should be more feminine. You'd look so much prettier." Hikari's smile faded as she jerked her head towards Hayato, who seemed clueless and tried jumping on her back for a piggy back ride. "Run Ri-chan! Run towards the sunset!" Feeling his breath near her ear, her blush deepened as she felt her heart begin to beat faster.

'Stupid heart,' she thought. 'Slow down or he'll hear you... Wait. Why is it beating so fast anyways? Maybe it's because I've never been this close to a boy. Yeah that's it.'

"Ri-chan, run faster!" Hayato edged as he poked her cheek.

"Okay!" Hikari yelled and tried to run, but came to a stop when she saw two figures in front of her.

"Why'd you stop?" whined Hayato until he looked up and saw what Hikari saw. "Maya?" Hikari slowly dropped him down as Hayato stared at Maya kissing Okudera shamelessly in the middle of the park.

"Hayato..." Hikari whispered as she saw some tears forming at the corneres of his eyes.