NEVER Shop with Yankumi

The Girl that Stole Yabuki's Heart

♫Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate ga hoshi!♫ Sang the guys as Hikari entered the room. She looked at them with amusement but also annoyance before sitting next to Ryu.

"Are they really excited about the chocolates or--" She was cut off by the straightforward Ryu.

"Girls," he replied back flatly. After about 10 minutes, Hikari's amusement had transformed into annoyance as she tried to attack Hayato several times. However she soon gave up for a short while since Ryu kept her in his grip as soon as she stands up. The guys, still excited about girls, continued singing, unknowing that there was someone in the room that wanted to kill them even if that was the last thing she would ever do. On the side were Ryu and Hikari who sat there annoyed from the song the guys have been singing all morning, however Ryu was handling it much better than his female companion.

"Ryu..." Hikari hissed through her clenched teeth. "Can I please kill them now? We've been through this for about an hour already!" Ryu chuckled and shook his head, not allowing her to do so.

"You've only gotten here about 30 minutes ago," Ryu pointed out. "Don't overexaggerate."

"How can you take this?!" She demanded, desperately wanting to know his secret of how he could put up with this. "Please can I just kill one of them then?! Or knock out? Please! I can't take their horrible singing anymore!" Again she was responded with a head shake. Five minutes later, she tried her luck again. "Can I kill one of them now?"

"No Ri-chan," Ryu replied boredly as he continued reading. Hikari growled and looked around the room, and noticed their calendar. On the 14 was marked Valentine's Day and had a picture of a boy having a nosebleed with hearts as eyes, making Hikari roll her eyes. Only one idiot in the class would decorate it like that....

"Yabuki Hayato," Hikari growled as she kicked her chair away and stood up. However she was pulled back down by Ryu who had finally put his book away. "Please just let me kill one of them!" Ryu once again stood his ground and shook his head. She let out a frustrated cry and began banging her head on the desk he forced her to sit in.

"Ri-chan," Hayato called out. "Stop banging your head! You're going to make yourself look uglier and no guy would want you on Valentine's Day!" Although he didn't mean to insult her, Hayato's thoughtless words caused her send a death glare that could rival the devil's in his direction, making him shrink in fear. Once Hikari began banging her head again, Hayato joined in with the others in singing their chocolate song again.

Yankumi walked into the class unable to speak for a while. She scanned the room with amusement in her eyes. The calendar was decorated with a 'cute' picture of a boy having a nosebleed, one of her students were playing the guitar while the others sang along to it horribly, Hikari was banging her head on the desk, and Hayato and the guys were dancing along while they sang as if they were kings. By now, Ryu lost his will and looked at Hikari with a pleading face.

"Please put me out of my misery," Ryu begged with a whimper. "I'm surrounded by idiots."

"You guys really like chocolates that much?" Yankumi asked cluelessly.

"What we like are girls," Tsucchi corrected. "Without a doubt!"

"It's almost the fourteenth," Takeda pointed out.

"Oh, Valentine's Day," Yankumi realized as if it was no big deal.

"This year, we'll get chocolates no matter what," Hyuga promised. His promise rose determination throughout the class, and even desperation from others.

"Alright," Tsucchi called. "Let's do our best to get those chocolates!"

"You guys really are simple-minded," Yankumi said as she laughed, raising some protests from the class. "Getting carried away with kiddy games like Valentine's Day."

"Kiddy games?" Hayato repeated, obviously annoyed. "Don't make fun of us."

"Do you know how important that day is to us men?" Hyuga asked dramatically as they all began to get closer to Yankumi's face and glared at her.

"Come on, don't get so hot-headed," Yankumi coaxed, pushing them away slightly.

"Do you have someone to give chocolates to?" Ryu asked, curious if his thoughts were correct.

"Don't be stupid," Hayato quickly denied. "Of course there's no one."

"Shut up bunny boy," Hikari teased and slapped him on the head. "Yankumi, you never took advantage of Valentine's Day have you?"

"Eh?" Yankumi exclaimed in confusion. "Actually there is someone I like, but it's not going well with him. But what do you mean Hikari-chan?"

"Valentine's Day is the day for lovers," Hikari replied matter-of-factly. "It's used--" She was ruddely interrupted by Hyuga.

"This is a very serious event for men and women!" He shouted. "Every year, we're counting on this day." Hikari angrily punched his arm, causing him to let out a small shriek. "Ow! What was that for?"

"For interrupting me," Hikari growled. "Don't any of you ever interrupt me again, do you hear that?" Her question caused all the guys to nod in fear.

"Except me, I can do so whenever I want," Hayato said. "Right Ri-chan?" Hayato found himself on the ground soon with Hikari's foot on his chest.

"Don't call me Ri-chan," She stated. "And no, you can't." The two looked up to see their teacher overeacting on the desk about losing her chances at love in her past years.

"Alright all of you!" Yankumi cried, standing on a desk. "We'll definitely win!" Her 'cheer' caused the guys to exclaim in confusion. She began to try and get the guys to join in her "Fighto-OH!" pep talk and succeeded as they all yelled together.

"Idiots," Ryu smirked in amusement as the class and Yankumi began plans for Valentine's Day. Hikari nodded in agreement with a blank look on her face as she began her nap for that day.

Later that day, Hikari finished her shift at the maid cafe and the shift was just like it was any other days. She would have the face Maya and her group at work, get tripped, 'talk' to some of the erts outside, and quickly change to leave that place. Now she was on her way to Yankumi's for her training.

"Yankumi! Tetsu!" Hikari called as she entered the Oedo household. "I'm here for my lesson today!"

"Actually, today I'd like you to go shopping with me!" Yankumi beamed as she revealed Sayo from behind her. "Your sister's joining us too!"

"How'd you get my sister here?" Hikari asked with wide eyes.

"She was embarrassing me and this was the only way to make her leave," Sayo said annoyed. "But then I heard we're shopping, so I felt better."

"Why are we going shopping?" Hikari asked.

"I heard that pink improves love chances," Yankumi sighed dreamily. "And I need you two to help me find clothes that will make me look beautiful and pink for Valentine's Day!" Before Hikari could protest, Sayo and Yankumi dragged her out of the house and to a random mall.

The trio went to several stores of Sayo's choice, since she was the girly one of the group. Hikari sat there bored while Sayo tossed endless piles of clothing to Yankumi. Not only that, but Hikari was also forced into dresses and girlier clothing by her two female companions.

"Kill me now!!!!" Hikari cried as Yankumi locked her in the dressing room and Saro threw a red dress into the stall. "Why do I have to try these on?! Our school has uniforms so I can't wear it anyways!"

"You don't have to after school!" Sayo shouted back. "And I think that dress really fits you!" Despite her screams and protests, Yankumi and Sayo were able to force Hikari into a few more dresses before leaving the store and going into another. "This one!" Sayo cried, pointing to a store full of casual dresses.

"Not again!" Hikari cried.

"Wear it Ri-chan!" Yankumi urged. "You look so cute in it! I can just see it!" However once Hikari stepped out wearing the dress, Sayo and Yankumi's grins were wiped off.

"Onee-chan," Sayo laughed nervously. "Why are you looking at us like that?"

"What's that scary look on your face?" Yankumi asked.

"Oh nothing," Hikari said in a fake sweet voice. "It's just the look I have when I want to kill someone."

"You don't have to stay with us then!" Sayo cried and laughed at the same time. "I'll choose your clothes for you okay? You can go now if you want! But you have to go do your make up with us tomorrow!"

"Fine," Hikari hissed. As she walked out, she laughed to herself. "I can't believe Yankumi got scared! Did she forget she was a yakuza for a minute? Oh well, at least I'm out of there! And I promises myself....NEVER shop with Yankumi ever again! She's so scary when she's like that..." She began skipping, happy for her new 'freedom.' Hearing faint screams, Hikari stopped. She closed her eyes and used the technique Tetsu taught her and used her hearing to find her way to those screams.

"Loser!" A deep voice yelled. "You think you could beat us?"

"We're number one!" Another voice cried. "You're just another loser trying to act tough!" Hikari finally arrived at the scene and tightened her fist.

"At least I get a fight now," Hikari said, grinning. Although she hated what was going on. Two guys were beating up another boy around Sayo's age while another one was just standing behind them watching, most likely the boss.

"You're just another weakling Ogata, you got that?" The supposed leader taunted. The two guys that did the dirty work earlier finally stepped back and one of them handed the leader an iron rod. "I'll put you out of your misery okay?" Hikari began dashing towards them as the leader lifted the rod up. The boy called Ogata closed his eyes, waiting for the impact.

"Don't you think that's enough?" Hikari asked calmly once she appeared between Ogata and the leader, her hand gripping the leader's arm. She threw his arm back, causing him to stumble back a few steps.

"Yamada!" One of the hunchmen yelled as they ran to his side.

"Who do you think you are?" Yamada demanded, pushing the other two away and walking up to Hikari.

"The one who's going to teach you manners," Hikari retorted. "Why were you three teaming up on this kid anyways?"

"I'm not a kid!" Ogata yelled, but was ignored by them.

"Ogata and his friends think they're so good, just because Ogata is the leader of his class," Yamada stated. "We thought we should show them who number one really is. So step aside, because I don't want to ruin such a pretty face."

"If you're his senpai," Hikari started. "Then act like one. All you're doing is acting like a bunch of wanna bes, beating up those who aren't as strong as you."

"What'd you say?" One of Yamada's friends said as he launched a fist at Hikari. She quickly stepped aside and kicked the guy on the back, happy that she had changed into jeans earlier before going to Yankumi's. Soon the other lacky of Yamada's ran towards her, but soon got thrown to the ground also. The two quickly got up and were joined by Yamada himself. All three ran at her, attempting to hit her from different angles, but Hikari thought faster. She used Yamada's shoulders to jump over him, causing the three to hit each other.

"You guys are really stupid aren't you?" Hikari taunted. "That's the oldest trick in the book! At least know when to stop running!"

"Shut up girly!" Yamada yelled and ordered them to attack her again. Meanwhile Ogata just watched the fight in awe as he tried to stand up. Hikari successfully knocked out one of the guys before another, Takagi, seized Ogata in a lock, causing Hikari to stop fighting.

"Attack one more time and Takagi there will send that kid into a world of pain," Yamada threatened, then he threw a punch at Hikari, sending her back a few feet.

"Oy! Just get him!" Ogata protested. "Don't worry about me!"

"Shut up!" Hikari and Takagi yelled back.

"I'm going to protect you!" Hikari promised. "Don't touch the kid anymore. You touch him once more and I promise I'll break every bone in your body."

"Who do you think you are?" Yamada taunted. "Coming here and making threats? We're the most feared from this area.Now you're going to pay for all the hits you gave us earlier." Hikari closed her eyes, bracing herself for the impact, but didn't feel anything but air hitting her face. Her phone had rang while Yamada was about to hit her, so he was caught by surprise and stopped. "Who's that? Give me your phone girly!" Before she could say anything, Yamada snatched the phone out of her hands and turned it on speaker phone. "Who's this?"

"Wow Ri-chan," the voice that Hikari recognized as Hayato said. "You sound manlier than usual, the phone does wonders with voices don't they?"

"Shut up bunny boy," Hikari yelled back. "And don't call me Ri-chan!" The other three watched a bit amused since it looked like she had forgotten about the situation. Yamada reminded her by knocking her to the side with a swift kick.

"Ri-chan?" Hayato asked, hearing her grunt. "What's going on?"

"Is this Yabuki Hayato?" Yamada asked.

"No, this is Santa Clause," Hayato retorted sarcastically. "Man Ri-chan, you're getting dumber and dumber every day. Did you hit your head too much this morning?"

"Shut up you idiot!" Hikari yelled at the phone from the ground. Ogata began to feel Takagi's grip on him loosened a bit and got in position to break free.

"Wow Ri-chan," Hayato commented again. "Your voice keeps going from low pitch to high pitch, are you starting puberty now or something? I mean it is time, you are kinda flat."  By now Takagi is bursting with laughter along with Yamada as Hikari began swearing into the phone. Ogata took this chance and broke free by elbowing Takagi in the gut and turning around to knock him out with a swift kick. Hikari noticed him free and kicked Yamada once before grabbing her phone and hanging it up. She then took Ogata's hand and the two ran away from that alley as fast as they could to a safer place.

"I swear I'm going to kill that idiot," Hikari hissed as she gasped for breaths. Ogata slowed down beside her and bent down to catch his breath.

"I didn't need your help you know," Ogata stated. Hikari turned to him, about to scold him for being ungrateful but he put a hand up. "But thanks."

"Welcome," Hikari replied. "But what happened?"

"Don't you think it's a bit rude to ask for my business when we don't even know each other's names?" Ogata taunted.

"Oh," Hikari exclaimed, realizing he was right. "I'm Toda Hikari from Kurogin." She held out her hand to shake.

"Ogata Yamato," Yamato stated and shook her hand. "I thought Kurogin was an all boys school?"

"Yeah I don't know that was my new school either," she said. "Now it's your turn, why were they attacking you?"

"I want to be number one in everything," Yamato explained. "I hate being always ranked. I'm the leader of my class, just like they said. But that's not why we fought. Those guys lied. They attacked my friend, so I went to get revenge for him."

"Revenge isn't a good thing," Hikari scolded. "Don't let it take over you."

"But comrades are to stick together," Yamato protested. "I can't just let it go like that."

"You know,you remind me a lot of my class," Hikari chuckled. "Some guys from Ara High attacked them, so they were about to bring the whole class to get revenege. But then our two leaders fought them on their own."

"And they beat them? Just two against an entire class?" Yamato asked shocked. Hikari shook her head.

"Not exactly," she explained. "They started getting beaten up, so I kinda joined in too. But then we were pretty out numbered so the three of us began losing. But we won in the end."

"How?" Yamato asked curiously.

"Our teacher beat them up." Yamato's face fell.

"Are you serious?"

"Yuup! Our teacher came in and beat them all on her own!" Hikari cried, causing more confusion to come onto Yamato's face. "Anyways, it's getting late so I should go okay?"

"Wait!" Yamato called out. "What's the point of that whole story?" Realizing she got off topic, she tried to relate it back.

"The point is...." She trailed off. "I guess the point is revenge isn't good. Our leader tried to get revenge and got so beaten up. If you're going to do something, think it through you know? Don't fight unless you really have to."

"I know you gotta go soon, but do you think I can visit you at Kurogin some times?" Yamato asked, suddenly getting shy. Hikari giggled softly as she watched him kick the ground.

"Sure, but for what?" Hikari asked.

"To thank you properly for saving me earlier today," Yamato answered. Hikari pretended to think for a moment.

"Okay!" She agreed. "But you can thank me best with food! A certain fluffy idiot usually steals my lunch so I don't get food." Hikari pouted, making Yamato chuckle slightly.

"Sure," he replied. "Does chocolate sound okay?" She nodded before the two said good bye. Hikari went her way home and saw her mom standing there on her way in.

"Where were you missy?" Her mom asked.

"I helped out a kid that was getting beat up," Hikari answered, as if it would calm her mom down.

"I told you to stay out of fights!" Her mom scolded. "Hikari, please try to stay away from them! I don't want you getting expelled again. Sayo's finally happy here!"

"I know mom," Hikari replied as she kissed her mom's cheek. "I just couldn't leave the kid knowing he was going to get beat up or worse." Hikari then knocked on Sayo's door.

"Where were you?" Sayo asked the same question their mom asked a while ago.

"I was helping some kid named Ogata Yamato," Hikari said, making Sayo freeze up. "Do you know him?"

"He's the leader of 3D at my school!" Sayo exclaimed, and Hikari noticed a sudden change in her sister, who blushed slightly. "I think he's kinda cute."

"Awww, my little sister thinks Yamato's cute!" Hikari teased. "But what about Conner?" Sayo looked down, hearing the name of her ex.

"He dumped me again," Sayo said, making Hikari's grin fade away.

"I'm so sorry," Hikari said as she pulled her crying sister in a hug. "I guess he's a conner, just like his name right?" However her attempt to make a joke caused Sayo to cry even more.

"I really love him though Hikari!" Sayo sobbed. "But it's like he doesn't care for me."

"Sayo, honey," Hikari stated, holding her sister's face up to face her. "Conner's dumped you at least 10 times every month. Stop going back to him just because he says something sweet to lure you in. You deserve better than that. Valentine's Day is coming and I want you to find someone else okay?"

"Okay," Sayo muttered. "I promise I'll find someone else."

"That's what you said the last 10 million times," Hikari joked. "But seriously. Forget Conner. I'm tired of my beloved sister crying her eyes out because of some jerk and cutting herself okay?" She grabbed Sayo's arms and pulled her sleeves down. "Thank goodness, the scars are fading now." Sayo nodded, ashamed that she had done so much for Conner but continued to allow him to treat her like trash. "Anyways how was shopping with Yankumi?"

"Oh my gosh, I wish you stayed with us!" Sayo cried, a quick change in mood. She began telling stories of what happened. Of how Yankumi scared some of the men there, but Sayo was able to attract guys easily. As she listened, Hikari realized how much prettier Sayo was than her. Hikari seemed a bit average while Sayo had a pretty body and a perfect appearance for attracting guys. However she brushed the thought aside since Sayo was happy again.

"Onee-chan!" Sayo cried, pulling out a bag from a bunch of other bags near the closet. "I got some things for you, and I want you to wear them okay?!"

"Noooooooooooo!!!!!" Hikari cried as Sayo closed her door with an evil grin and began forcing her into clothes again.