JC's Profile

The JJ Project

 

“Okay JC, now step into this scale,” said Ms. Jung who was holding a pen and a clipboard.

They were filling up your profile. You were instructed by the company to host the show Inkigayo, just in time for B.A.P’s debut. You were substituting for IU as an emcee for the mean time.

Since it was part of your contract, you had no other choice. 

You stepped onto the scale and let Ms. Jung see your weight and height.

JB and Jr. were right by the benches, taking a break from training to come and oversee you.

“Height,” Ms. Jung stated as you bit your lip. *Please let me have grown… Please, please…*

“161 cm” she declared as she scribbled it in your profile. Your jaw dropped. *Am I that short?!*

Ms. Jung shook her head. “Huh, I guess you’d need to practice wearing heels then.”

You heard JB & Jr. snicker at you. You gave them a ‘shut-up’ look. Jr. looked to the other direction and tried to act innocent while JB just raised an eyebrow and looked at you bemused.

You narrowed your eyes at him, then suddenly heard Ms. Jung’s voice. “Weight,” she stated. 

“No!” you panicked and stopped her from revealing it. “Uh, I’d appreciate it if you’d just write it down, Ma’am,” you said, your eyes were begging.

Ms. Jung and J&J gave you a questioning look. “49 kilograms,” she finished.

You sighed in relief. “That weight is okay, isn’t it?” you asked innocently.

“Well, it’s still pretty heavy for idol standards,” she stated. “But, I’m pretty sure dieting would be of help,” she added.

You pouted. *Waah… What the heck?! I look skinny enough! My mother always tells me to eat up!*

Ms. Jung got a call, motioned you to sit, then answered her phone. Frowning, you sat beside Jr. who was looking at you sympathetically. 

“It’s okay, JC-ah, at least you’re healthy,” Jr. said to cheer you up.

You just nodded and looked miserably at the ground. *Aww… Great! First wearing heels, now I have to go on a diet too? These are some of the reasons why I didn’t want to be an idol in the first place.*

JB studied your expression. *What is this girl getting worked up on? It’s not like the company banned her from eating.*

Ms. Jung ended her call and detached your profile from her clipboard. “JC-ah,” she said summoning you to get  the paper from her hand. “Fill this up and leave it on my desk later,” she instructed. You nodded in response.

She then eyed JB & Jr. “You guys go with her to vocal training later.”

“Neh,” the boys replied in unison.

“I’m off then,” Ms. Jung waved as she left the room.

You sat down to see what you needed to put in the profile. J&J were eyeing the piece of paper.

Birth name, weight and height were already put in your profile.

“Oh, she added 3 cm to your height,” Jr. commented.

He was right. You debated on whether to correct it or not, but you decided to let it be, since changing it would only make the paper dirty. *Thank God for the permanent ink* you thought haughtily.

Birth Name: Nam JongChae

Stage Name: JC

Height/Weight: 164 cm/49 kg

Birth date: August 16, 1994

“Hey, you’re older than me!” Jr. commented happily. *Yeah, by just a few days,* you thought. “Should I call you noona?” he asked with a grin on his face.

You looked at him with disgust on your face. “Ugh, no,” you waved.

“Aww… Why not?” he asked disappointedly.

 “Because, I don’t really think that’s necessary,” you said while filling up the other stuff.

“What about calling me oppa then?” JB said smugly. You didn’t bother looking at him to know his expression while saying it. 

“No,” you concluded. *I’d rather have Jr. call me noona instead.*

Blood type: A

Hobbies: Music appreciation, Internet Surfing, Reading inspirational books

Specialty:

*What about my specialty? I speak English… But should I write singing there too? Isn’t that more suitable for idols?*

You looked at J&J for this one. 

JB raised an eyebrow. *Is she seriously still asking us for this?* “Singing?” 

“But I’m not going to be an idol,” you pointed out. 

JB rolled his eyes. *Then be one*

“Does it matter? It is your specialty after all,” Jr. reasoned, shrugging his shoulders.

“I guess you’re right,” you said while writing it down.

Specialty: Singing and speaking English

“Woah, you can speak English?” Jr. gawked while JB raised an eyebrow.

“Yes,I do, but I think I still need to improve on my accent,” you said fully in English. J&J vaguely got what you were saying, but they passed it as a yes.

Ideal man: 

*What? They even have this?!*

J&J were eagerly waiting what you would write there. 

You cleared your throat. “What? Do you still need help with that?” JB asked sarcastically.

You glowered at him. “Can’t I get some privacy?” 

None of the two moved away. “We’ll know eventually,” Jr. pointed out. “Wouldn’t that go public anyway?”

You sighed. *Aigoo~ At least give me some space to think.*

“Yah, we don’t have all the time in the world,” JB retorted when he noticed you weren’t writing anything yet. “We need to go to training soon.”

*Kai? Ah, no! He’s just my bias. I’d be an obvious fan girl then!* You debated in your head. *How about writing something I would like to see in a man?*

Ideal man: Talented and Passionate

 “Don’t you like handsome guys?” Jr. joked.

You just laughed. *Of course I do.*

JB nodded as he read it. *Vague and safe. That’s good.*

“And that’s that,” you said as you finished off your profile.