JC Knows Her Stuff

The JJ Project

 

You were squatting on the living room couch, with a notebook in hand, reviewing your Chemistry notes. It was a weekend. J&J slept in because they had nothing scheduled to do at this time. Since you woke up so early, you decide to review your notes first, before J&J wake up and break the silence of the house. You were still in your pajamas.

After 15 minutes or so, you hear someone going down stairs. You peeked to see who it was. It was JB, in his pajamas with his hair all ruffled and eyes all narrow. It was obvious he had just woken up.

He turned to look at you. Then looked away.

You just shrugged it off and returned to studying. JB sounded like he was looking for something in the kitchen. You took a look in the kitchen and sure enough, he was looking through the cupboards.

“What are you looking for?” you asked while approaching him.

“Coffee,” he said preoccupied with still finding the thing. “Where is it? Do we have any left?”

You checked on one cupboard and immediately got out the instant coffee. “Is this it?” you ask holding out the can of coffee in front of you. “Do you want me to make some for you?”

He took the can out of your hands and thanked you for it. “Thanks, but you’re not our maid remember? You can go back to your nerd things or whatever,” he said nonchalantly, while getting himself busy with heating water.

You glared at him. *Nerd things! WHAT THE HECK?!*“Yah! Just because I told you I wasn’t your maid, doesn’t mean I wouldn’t help you!” you shot back, feeling embarrassed after he rejected your innocent offer.

“Same thing,” he waved you off and started making his coffee. You scoffed at him. *IM JAEBUM YOU ARROGANT LITTLE…*You then stomped off to the living room.

You sat back at the couch and took your notes in hand. You weren’t looking at them though. You were still fuming at JB who was now leaning comfortably on the kitchen counter while sipping his coffee from a mug. *Alright, let’s see who’s not getting breakfast today. YOU CAN DROWN IN COFFEE FOR ALL I CARE.*

He glanced at you and raised an eyebrow. You see this and cross your arms, “Hmph.”

“Women,” JB muttered under his breath before taking another sip of his coffee.

 

------------

It was a lazy Saturday. Aside from JB pissing you off earlier, the day was pretty peaceful. After studying your ‘nerd stuff’, you started searching things about the debuting boy groups of 2012.

You were smiling shamelessly as you rewatched a teaser of Kai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLVjK9riX0g

*Out of the 10 released, this has got to be one of the awesomest teaser so far…* you thought as you replayed it again.

JB and Jr. were both with you in the living room. JB was busy with his laptop, doing whatever, while Jr. was getting worked up over a game in his iPad.

JB took a moment away from his laptop to look around. He automatically saw you and your fangirling face, focusing intently in the laptop, having difficulty to repress your broad grin.

JB smirked upon seeing that sight. *What a dork.* He then nudged Jr. with his elbow and silently pointed to you. Jr.’s mouth opened, giving off a mute laugh. He then looked back at JB, mouthing a “What do you think she’s doing?”

JB simply shrugged his shoulders, then signaled Jr. to sneak up behind her and look for himself. Jr. gave an ‘okay’ sign with his fingers, then started tiptoeing behind you.

JB just stayed where he was, studying your reactions. Fortunately for them, you were still preoccupied with watching Kai. Jr. saw that you were watching Kai dance while having neon lights spring out from his hand movements. That reminded him of something very familiar…

A game he had just been playing earlier…

“What is that? A Fruit Ninja inspired dance?” a voice behind you blurted out.

You heard JB crack up. You turned around to see an amused Jr. who was still looking at your computer screen.

“Seriously?” JB asked, still laughing.

You immediately stood up and pushed Jr. lightly, “It’s a teaser of Kai, you idiot!”

“Who?” Jr. asked innocently.

“From EXO?” you hinted. *Shouldn’t they at least know their competition?*

Jr.’s face lightened in realization. “Oh… Those dudes,” he said uninterestedly while returning back to where his iPad was.

You rolled your eyes. JB suddenly asked you a question. “How many teasers have they released?”

*Well, at least JB seems to care…* “Uh, so far they have ten,” you stated.

“They have ten?!” Jr. repeated in disbelief. Even JB was taken aback.

“Yeah,” you nodded. *Where have you been living? In a cave?*

“Aigoo~ they’re releasing teasers while we act in a drama?” Jr. babbled nervously, but JB still had his cool on.

You tried to calm him down. “I’m pretty sure acting will get you popular too,” you reassured him.

 “How are their teasers?” Jr. asked timidly. “Are they good?”

You were about to answer when JB answered for you. “They must have been good enough to get JC gaga like that,” he said looking at you with a smirk.

“So what if they did?” an internal voice in you echoed. *Okay, JC, ignore what JB said.*

“Actually, so far, they only had teasers for a few members, especially Kai’s,” you were about to continue but JB cut you off.

“The one you were spazzing on a while ago?” he said with a smug expression.

“Yes,” you said with your chin up high, giving him a ‘so-what’ look. The smirk on his face gradually disappeared upon hearing your response. He sort of expected that you’d be embarrassed or something.

You cleared your throat, “Now, If I could just continue what I was saying,” you eyed JB who was now frowning. “So far they have only shown clips of some of the EXO members dancing… I haven’t heard them sing yet… But I think they’ll release a teaser of them singing soon,” you explained.

The two nodded in understanding.

“Wait, when are they going to debut?” JB asked you. You just shrugged. “I’m not sure.”

“So there will be more teasers?!” Jr. asked exasperatedly.

“I suppose so,” you said, going back to your laptop.

 “Omo, they already uploaded a teaser?” you exclaimed.

JB & Jr. looked at you with disbelief. “EXO again?!”

You clicked at the video link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD33t3Xbupg

“Nope, it’s B.A.P,” you said while looking at the teaser.

“B.A.P?  What is that supposed to mean?” a curious Jr. asked, going behind you to watch the video.

JB followed him and you let them watch with you.

“B.A.P. Best. Absolute. Perfect,” you stated. “Their supposed to have their debut before the month ends,” you said knowingly.

“Woah, their all blonde,” Jr. reacted.

“Warrior?” JB repeated after the teaser.

“Yeah, I think that’ll be their title track,” you replied.

“How many teasers do they have?” an anxious Jr. asked.

“Two. Aside from this one, they released one last December,” you then showed them the other teaser.

“Just two?” Jr. wondered. “Would they get noticed enough for that?”

You shrugged your shoulders. “Actually there were already 3 out of 6 members that have been active.” You then clicked the video of Bang and Zelo. “The blonde one’s Zelo, he’s a 15 year old,” Jr. cut you off.

“15?! I feel old!” he exclaimed.

You just smiled at his reaction. “Even though he’s young, he raps very well. He and Bang Yongguk,” you pointed to the one with the brown hair. “Was said to have come up with the song. Yongguk already had participated in other projects, like rapping for Song JiEun’s Going Crazy, and he also released a single, Remember. It had featured Yang Yoseob. The third member is Kim Himchan, he hosted an MTV music show last month.”

Jr. ‘ooh’-ed in astonishment. JB nodded in amazement. *At least she knows her stuff.*