Realizations

The JJ Project

 

“Hyung, did you do that on purpose?” Jr. nudged JB after JB shot his scene. He was asking why he was ignoring JC or in his perspective, trying to make her jealous.

“Did what?” he replied innocently. JB had just finished a scene with Jiyeon, where he dumped her, saying that he liked another person. “My acting?” he asked, confused. *Does Jinyoung think I like another girl for real?*

“Well, it’s not like I liked Jiyeon-sunbae in the first place…” he trailed off mindlessly, trying to defend himself.

Jr. mentally facepalmed himself. *Aigoo~ Seriously, why are my dorm mates like this?* “No hyung,” he silenced the still babbling JB. “I meant JC,” he clarified. “Do you…” but he was cut off by a reddening JB.

“I DON’T LIKE THAT GIRL!” he immediately exclaimed when he heard your name. “OKAY?!” he took a deep breath in.  “GEEZ JINYOUNG?! WHY MUST YOU ASK ME THAT?!” he said a bit more coolly, but still with his voice raised.

Jr. was slightly taken back. *Wow, this guy’s got it good.* He just silently shook his head and gave a look of disbelief towards his hyung.

“What?!” JB still looked flustered.

Jr. raised both of his hands up in a sign of surrender. “Nothing… nothing… I’m not even going to ask anymore,” he gave up. JB’s actions explained everything to him. “I’ll be going now,” Jr. bid him and walked away.

*Hyung… Is really… Bad with women,* Jr.  thought as he shook his head again, disappointed at how immature JB was. *And to think he’s older than me…*

JB sighed as Jr. started to head away. *What? Did he catch on? Or… * his thoughts were cut when a PD called for him to shoot another scene.

“JB, your next shoot is in two minutes, please get ready,” the PD said through the megaphone.

“Uh, neh, PD-nim,” he responded as alertly as he could, but he was still feeling dazed. *NO. NO. NO. STOP THINKING ABOUT IT Jaebeom!* He lightly slapped himself to get a grip, then shook his head furiously.

-----------------

“Is this going to take long?” you whispered as Jr. approached the corner where she was sitting. Obviously, you didn’t want to stay there much longer, especially whenever you sees JB act. It kind of made you feel bad.

 While acting, JB was taking short glances at you from time to time. And whenever you see him do this, you would avoid his gaze instinctively.

*Alright, I’m sorry* JB regretfully thought as he received JC’s glares. He was used to JC being angry at him every time he ticks her off but now, there was something about JC’s stares. More importantly, why did he feel so different now? Didn’t he used to like making JC mad?

JB still had his gaze fixed unto you until Kang Sora called his attention. “You, okay JB?” Sora asked him in a worried tone. “You seem distracted, just now,” she added.

He snapped out of his daze and straightened his pose, “Neh, noona,” he answered as brightly as possible. Sora then gave him as small smile and a nod, returning to her script. JB glanced at his script for a while, but his eyes lingered towards your silhouette again.

Sora spotted him doing this. She quietly got off her seat, walked towards JB’s back, and saw what direction JB was staring at.

She saw you sitting in a corner, looking bored, and somehow, distracted. Just like JB.

“Aah… No wonder you’ve been so distracted,” Sora uttered finally catching JB’s attention.

JB was surprised that Sora was behind him. “What are you talking about noona?” he said totally flustered. *Please don’t ask anymore, please* he thought. Yes he was distracted and he knows the reason why, but it would be unprofessional of him to let this get in the way of work.  “I said I was fine,” she reassured her again.

 “You expect me to believe you with that tone?” Sora replied with a knowing smile.

*Don’t tell me she knows too?!* JB panicked inside his head. “No, noona, please don’t misunderstand,” he tried to explain but Sora cut him off.“You like that girl, don’t you?”

“I knew you were being too friendly with Jiyeon today!” she exclaimed. JB tried to hush her down. “You’re trying to make that girl jealous aren’t you?

*Wow, this noona is smart,* JB thought. “Was I too obvious noona?” JB guiltily asked.

 “It worked too well though,” she concluded after looking at your face.

JB looked ashamed. “Well, I didn’t think it would go this far,” JB admitted. He thought this was like any other time when he was teasing you for fun, but it was obvious he hurt your feelings now.

“Listen Jaebeom,” Sora started sounding like she could be JB’s mother. “You should NEVER make girls feel jealous. Whatever reason you might had for treating her like that, you were WRONG.”

“But she does that to me all the time,” JB reasoned.

Sora raised an eyebrow. “Really? When?”

“In music shows,” JB started. “Whenever she hosts Inkigayo, she’s always close to B.A.P,” he bitterly remarked. “No other group, but her precious B.A.P.”

 “Oh yeah, I knew she looked familiar…” Sora giggled for a while then shook her head. “She’s that new face in the industry the news was talking about.”

“Neh.”

“And B.A.P’s a newly debuted boy group, right?”

“Neh.”

Sora seemed to analyze some unseen details then suddenly spoke. “Didn’t you ever think that the reason why she went with that group the most is because she was already comfortable with them?” Sora asked him. “I mean, both the group and her started off as not knowing anyone from the industry, so wouldn’t it be a natural inclination for them to be friends with each other, helping each other adjust?”

“I-,” JB started. “I never really thought about it that way…” he reflected. *I've been pretty closed minded.*

Sora gave him a pat in the back. “Does that make your mind clearer?”

JB shook his head. “Honestly noona, now I feel bad.” He felt bad for saying all those things to you, treating you that way, when you were just trying to look for people to help you adjust to a path you didn’t want to take in the first place.*And I was so cold to her too* he mentally slapped himself.

“That’s nothing a little apology can’t fix,” she then gave him a reassuring smile.

--------------

“Aand… That’s a wrap!” the PD called out. “Good job everyone!” he dismissed. JB and the rest of the cast and staff respectfully bowed to each other and started heading out.

*Finally, I can leave!* JC had in mind when she saw the scene. She immediately stood up from her seat and started heading to the car.

“Ah,” JB reacted and reached out a hand when he saw you get up and leave. He wanted to stop you from leaving to apologize to you, but a staff member approached him to remind him to leave his uniform in the set.

He was a little dismayed that he couldn’t stop you immediately, but nonetheless he bowed to the cordinoona and headed for the dressing room.

----------------

“Ah, Jirongie!” JB automatically called Jr. when he saw him. Jr. was starting to head out but paused to address his hyung.

“Is JC in the car?” JB said, almost sounding excited.

*This guy’s moodswings, really!* Jr. thought as he speculated his hyung’s expression. “Uh, neh. She’ll be going with us back to the dorm,” he reluctantly replied.

JB plastered on a goofy smiling face when he heard Jr.’s reply. *Phew~ I thought she already left for another schedule or something.*

“Is everything okay, hyung?” Jr. asked sort of weirded-out by JB’s sudden expression. Plus, he was worried that the two might bicker again.

JB nodded his head cheerfully. “Neh! I’ll be there soon then!” He bid and gathered all his stuff and went out after Jr.

-------------

You waited in the car for the two, not all too happy. You bit your lip all the time, had your eyebrows creased, still mad with the thoughts of JB flowing in your head. *THAT JERK. HOW COULD A HUMAN BEING BE SO MEAN?!*

*Well, he wasn’t mean at all to Jiyeon…* you thought as you reminisced their “greeting” this morning.

“JB-ah!” Jiyeon greeted him in a charming manner.

JB swiftly shot up and turned towards the speaker’s direction with a bright smile on his face. “Jiyeonie!” he greeted him voice enthusiastically.

Jiyeon excitedly went scurrying towards JB, like a little kid. While JB was all smiles, even asking Jiyeon to hug him.

*But why did I feel some sort of jealousy in the first place?* that thought suddenly took over your mind. You put your hands over your cheeks and tried to distract yourself. “No, JC. It’s not because you were jealous. JB’s just a big jerk. To you. Aand…” you were about to say what was in your thoughts next *I do not like him* but you were stopped by a presence behind the car.

You then looked at the back to see Jiyeon’s manager picking her up. “Tch,” you reacted. “Whatever, you can have JB,” you mumbled to yourself bitterly. “I’ve had enough of that guy anyway,” you said turning away and sinking down into your seat. You really meant what you said though. Ever since you met him, he made you feel bad. He never apologized to you even once. He never thanked you for the favors you gave him…

*Seriously! Was there even a time that he was nice to me?* you thought long and hard. You remembered the most recent “act of kindness” he did for you was pick you up from a restaurant. *That would have been nice… If he wasn’t so mean to B.A.P. Why doesn’t he like me hanging out with them anyway? It’s like he’d been deliberately separating me from them.*

 “What about you? Being ‘oppa-oppa’ around them? The last time I checked, you signed up to work for our debut, not going fan girl mode on other groups,” JB shot.

Your jaw dropped. “So that’s it? What are you? Jea-"

“NO! STOP RIGHT THERE!” JB cut you off before you even finish the word. “I don’t wanna hear any more, I’m going up stairs,” JB bid and turn his back to you.

“Pabo,” you sighed after remembering that.


 


 

I've been a bad author.

I'm not updating as much as I should. I feel like I've committed a crime against you subbies. T_T

I mean I myself hate it when a story I subscribed to isn't updating, or worse, when the story's abandoned. 

But I will NOT ABANDON this story. 

You know what else? I feel glad that you're still reading this story now. So, THANK YOU! ^^

I'm really grateful to have readers here. And wow. 89 subscribers! That has been a pleasant suprise to me, especially since I haven't logged in for a long long time. Plus the fact that this was the most number of subscribers I had, ever.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!! <3

I'll be back soon!