Meet your Dorm Mates

The JJ Project

 

“So, Ms. Nam, this is J&J’s dorm,” Ms. Jung from the other day presented you the front door of what was supposed to be your new home for at least four months.

“Please, you can call me JC,” you told her as she unlocked the door. Ms. Jung was your guardian for the rest of your stay with J&J and you at least wanted to be more comfortable with the person, other than your mother and JYP as your employer, who had authority over you.

“Okay JC,” she smiled as she helped you bring your bags inside. She told you to sit by the couch in the living room. “I’ll call the boys to bring your stuff upstairs.”

“Jaebummie! Jinyoungie!” she called for your two dorm mates.  You saw Jr. come out of the kitchen in his baby blue airplane printed pajamas with a bowl and spoon in hand.He looked embarrassed when he saw you two in the living room. “Annyeonghaseyo…” he greeted as if he was in a real shock.

*Aigoo~ Mikki was right! This guy was cute~!* You chuckled at the sight, while Ms. Jung face palmed. “Jr., didn’t I tell you your new dorm mate comes today?”

Jr. bows and apologizes, “Mianhamnida.” “I’ll just go upstairs and change,” he said awkwardly ran up the flight of stairs to his room.

JC smirked upon seeing this. “He looks like a nice guy,” you thought but it was cut off by Ms. Jung ‘s comments. “Aigoo~ These boys…” she said exasperatedly. “JB!” she now yelled for your other dorm mate. Your eyebrows furrowed. *Oh yeah, I still need to put up with this guy…*

“Alright, alright I’m coming!” the all too familiar rude voice came from upstairs.

You rolled your eyes. *Here he comes in three, two…*

You  turned around to see the hoodie guy, who was wearing a perfectly fitted white v-neck and black shorts. He was rubbing a towel against his still wet blonde hair. You immediately turned away from the sight. *Okay. Awkward.*

“JB, did you two oversleep?” Ms. Jung complained.

JB gave a few nods. “Mmm, I guess we both forgot to set our alarm clocks last night,” he said nonchalantly and headed for the seat beside you.

You wanted to flinch away from him but you decide to stand your ground. *Whatever, he’ll figure out anyway.*

As JB was walking towards you, he already started examining how you looked. “Wait, this girl looks familiar. Isn’t this that annoying girl who made me wash the dishes? This is good. I would have plenty of time to get my revenge,” he thought haughtily.

You see him smirk at you. You furrowed your eyebrows. *What is this boy thinking?*

- - - - - - - - -

The four of you were already for a decent conversation in the living room. JB had finished drying his hair, while Jr. had already ate breakfast and changed into a striped shirt and pants.

“I guess both of your sides already know why you would be living together,” Ms. Jung started.

All three of you nodded. “Since you three already know me, introduce each other to yourselves now,” Ms. Jung called. “JC, why don’t you start?” Ms. Jung said like an elementary school teacher.

“Pff, JC? Are you trying to copy off someone?” JB mused.

“Woah, hyung, you almost have the same nickname!” Jr. said like a little kid, then laughed. Ms. Jung giggled along with him.

You cleared your throat. *Come on JC, no need to be immature like that freak.* “Annyeonghaseyo, Nam JongChae-imnida,” you said as you bowed. “You can call me JC. It’s a nickname given to me by my best friend back in elementary school.”

“Ah,” Jr. reacted in response. “JB-ah, I guess you’re the one that copied off JC then?” he then gave a mocking smile.

Now you were the one smirking at JB.

*Okay, I really think me and Jr. are going to get along just fine~*

JB glared at him, as if he was saying “Shut up.”

Jr. then quickly turned his gaze to you to avoid JB murderous stare. “Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Park Jinyoung. Since I have the same name as the boss, I advise you to call me Jr. instead. Like JYP Jr.?,” he winked. “You don’t want to be caught talking informally to boss,” he said teasingly.

You giggled at his remark. “Okay, I’ll try to keep that in mind,” you said putting a smile on.

This time three of you were looking at JB waiting for him to introduce himself. He gave you a questioning look and asked you, “What day were you born?”

*Ack! This guy!* “My birthday’s on August 16, 1994. Why?” you asked back.

He shrugged his shoulders. “Just to let you know I’m older.” He then extended a hand to you and gave off a fake smile. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Im Jaebum. As you have already heard, people call me JB.”

You had second thoughts about shaking his hand, but you shook it anyway. *Aish~ only if the other two weren’t here I’d immediately use my hand to slap this guy.*

“Nice to meet you JC,” JB said as he slightly squeezed your hand and gave you an evil look only you saw. *Don’t worry, Nam Jongchae, I still remember you.*

Ms. Jung clapped her hands. “Okay, okay, since you all know each other know, why don’t you boys help JC with her luggage?”

JB questioned Ms. Jung. “There are no more vacant rooms here. Where is she going to sleep upstairs?”

“I have been informed there were two rooms here. JC will be taking the room with the bathroom inside. You two will share one room,” Ms. Jung answered definitely.

JB’s jaw-dropped. “WHAT?! That’s my room!” he complained.

“You need to start moving your things to Jr.’s room then,” Ms. Jung summoned, then pointed JB upstairs to begin doing what she said.

JB scowled at you before standing up. You were about to give him an apologetic look, but you suddenly thought. *Hey, Ms. Jung was more than right to give me that room. I mean it’s not like I could be bunk buddies with a guy, or even share a bathroom with one.*

He gave a deep sigh and headed heavily upstairs, making loud footsteps as he climbed up the flight of stairs.

You shook your head at the sight. *Brat*

Jr. who was watching his soon to be roommate was called by Ms. Jung. “Jr. could you help JC carry her stuff up? Leave it at JB’s door first.”

Jr. nodded and did so. He took a couple of bags and so did you. You kept to his pace so you can thank him. “Thanks for helping me Jr.,” you said. “Sorry I’m taking over one of your rooms,” you sheepishly apologized.

“It’s okay,” Jr. waved. “Anyways, I also wanted the room JB had. He just got dibs on it first because he was the older than me,” he said as he rolled his eyes.

You giggled at his story. “Anyways, are you going to be okay? I mean, he’s gonna be moving with you and all.”

“Yeah, I guess. My room’s twice as big as his is anyway,” he then landed your stuff in front of your new room’s door.

JB got out of that room with a box in his hands, probably filled with his stuff.

Your bags were still in the living room. When he spotted you coming, he narrowed his eyes at you, then walked into the next room.

*Wow. I’m pretty sure I made him pissed off.* You didn’t know whether to feel great or bad for what you have unintentionally done. You puffed air into your cheeks and headed downstairs for the rest of your stuff.

Jr. went into his room. It had a double deck bed inside.

JB was stacking his stuff in one corner of the room. He took a look around Jr.’s room and complained. “Jinyoungie, the room is a mess,” he said as he picked up a dirty sock on the floor. He smiled in disbelief, “You’re helping me clean later.”

Jr. laughed. “Sorry I can’t be as neat as you are,” he said half sarcastic. He started picking up his random stuff on floor, when he asked JB, “I take it you don’t like JC?”

JB shrugged his shoulders, “Does it show?” He hasn’t told anyone about the incident in the noodle shop. First, their manager would scold him for going out without permission. Second, they would think he was a fool to leave all his valuables at the dorm while he went out by himself.

“Boss told us to be nice to her, remember?” Jr. said cutely.

“I am being nice to her!” JB exclaimed going back to his irritated mood. “I’m already giving her my room, aren’t I?!” he said as he got out of Jr.’s room and took more stuff in his room.

Jr. sighed.  "What the heck is wrong with him? He seems cranky around JC," Jr. thought. His hyung was usually nice, a little cold at times, but still nice. But ever since this girl came into their dorm, JB had been in a bad mood all day long.

JB angrily opened his closet and stuffed his clothes into a bag. "This is the last nice thing I’m doing for her..." he growled.