It Must Be Fate

We Used to be Enemies?

Sooyoung laid on her bed staring at the little black box that her sister had given her. She couldn't sleep, every so often she would look at the clock and sigh.

"Come on brain." Sooyoung said to herself. "graduation is tomorrow, I need to get my sleep."

She gently opened the black box and found a simple ring with a silver band and diamond embedded all around it. Sooyoung couldn't help but smile.

"Dad, this ring is so like you." Sooyoung said, looking at the family photo that hung on the wall. "But it also matches me as well."

She placed the box on the table beside her bed then laid back down.

After the graduation ceremony, the girls went to eat dinner together with their families. The parents sat on one side while the girls say on the other.

Yuri sat across of her mother with Yoona next to her. Jessica sat across of her parents and Krystal with Sooyoung on one side and Tiffany on the other with Taeyeon next to her. Hyomin and Sunny sat in the opposite side of Sooyoung while Soojin sat in front of them.

"Where are your parents Sunny?" Taeyeon's father asked. "It's not like them to miss out on something like this."

"They're on a business trip." Sunny said with a smile. "They wanted to come but things came up."

"Are you okay with that?" Yuri's mom asked, worried.

"Yeah. I'm used to it." Sunny said, not breaking her smile. "Besides I have Hyomin here so I'm fine."

"Where are your parents Hyomin?" Taeyeon's mother asked.

"They live in Japan." Hyomin said, shyly. "Just like Sooyoung, I moved here as a kid."

"Oh. Jinjja?" Soojin asked. Hyomin nodded and smiled. "That's cool."

"I just noticed something." Jessica said, getting everyone's attention. "My father, Sunny's father, Taeyeon's father and Yuri's mom have been best friends since they were little due to their parents friendship."

"And You, Sunny, Yuri and I are friends due to our parents' friendship." Taeyeon said, finishing Jessica's statement. "Does that mean the same will happen to our kids?"

"But how does that explain Sunny and Hyomin meeting?" Yuri asked. "And Sica and Sooyoung.

"Me and Taeyeon." Tiffany added. "And Yuri and Yoona."

The girls all looked at each other. Wonder was the clear expression on all of their faces.

"Well, Hyomin's mother knows my mom." Sunny said. "So we would've met one day."

"I wouldn't have met Yoona if it wasn't for Jessica coming back to Korea." Yuri said, smiling fondly at the younger girl next to her.

"I wouldn't have met Taeyeon is Jessica hadn't offered to bring me to Korea." Tiffany said, smiling. She placed her hand on Taeyeon's.

"So suddenly I'm a matchmaker?" Jessica asked.

"Your like those sisters in the greek legends." Tiffany said. "The ones that control your destiny."

"I gu- did you just call me ugly?" Jessica asked, slightly angry.

"No! I meant the thing they do not the looks." Tiffany raised her hands in surrender. "Geez calm down."

"Okay then that just leaves Sooyoung and Jessica." Tiffany said, pointing towards the brunette and her girlfriend. "How do we explain that?"

Silence overcame the girls then they all came up with an idea and spoke in unison.

"Fate."

Sooyoung and Jessica's face became flushed from their friends' statement.

"I have to agree with that." Mr. Jung said, shocking his daughter. "Sooyoung never left my daughter's side after the accident. And when Sooyoung never came to the airport the day we left, Jessie was-"

"Appa!" Jessica interrupted. She held a finger over her lips, causing her father to smile and just nod.

"Aw. But I want to know." Sooyoung pouted.

"It was nothing." Jessica said, sternly.

Krystal smiled, mischievously. "She was upset. She didn't know why but she was depressed for a while."

Sooyoung wrapped her arms around the older girl. "Aw, Sica~"

Jessica's face burned bright red. "Soojung, I'm going to kill you later." Krystal stuck out her tongue.

Later that evening, Jessica and Sooyoung went out for a late evening walk. The sun had already set and the night air was blowing nicely.

"Soo," Jessica broke their silence, Sooyoung looked at the older girl. "How is this going to work?"

"What?" Sooyoung asked, tilting her head.

"I'll be going to medical school. I'll hardly be able to see you." Jessica pouted. "Plus you'll be going to culinary school."

Sooyoung wrapped her arms around Jessica. "Sica, don't worry about that." She planted a kiss on the brunette's forehead. "We'll make it work. We'll find a way."

Jessica smiled. "I believe you." She gave Sooyoung a quick peck on the lips. "Saranghae."

Sooyoung smiled. "I love you too." She spoke in English which caused the latter's eyes to widen, causing Sooyoung to giggle. "There's something I want to ask you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*dun dun du~un* Cliffhanger.

I'm sure you guys probably know what's coming up next. Or do you? Maybe I'll make a plot twist? Ooh~ so evil.

Well, anyway I hope you enjoyed this update.

I watched Sistar's new music video. I have to be honest, when I heard they came to Hawaii I was kind of mad.

but they didn't come to Kauai (where I live) So I'm not as mad they only went ot Oahu.

Anyway.~

Don't forget to comment your opinions or questions.

Your author,

Kirakai~