The First Day

We Used to be Enemies?

It was Tiffany's first day at her new school, she had moved to South Korean with her best friend Jessica Jung. Tiffany wasn't as excited as Jessica was since she wasn't good in Korean as Jessica was. They had met in middle school when Jessica had just moved to the states from Korea. However, Tiffany later learned that Jessica was actually born in America and moved with her family to Korea due to her father's business.

Tiffany looked at herself in the mirror. She was wearing her new high school uniform, which consisted of a dark blue skirt that fell just below her knees, a white button-up shirt and a dark blue necktie. Her long auburn hair was tied into a ponytail. She felt a little resistant to attend the school when she heard that she would be wearing a school uniform. Now that she's wearing it she feels like she could get used to wearing it everyday. She let out a sigh.

"Tiffany Hwang," Jessica said, appearing behind the girl. "you look fine. Don't worry."

Jessica was about an inch or two shorter than Tiffany. She had her long brunette-colored hair braided neatly over her shoulder. She wore the same uniform as Tiffany. She was the same age as Tiffany, they were only 4 months apart from each other and Jessica felt that they were like sisters.

"It's not my look I'm worried about Jess." Tiffany said, sighing.

Jessica tilted her head and raised an eyebrow. "Then what are you so worried about?"

"Having to talk." Tiffany pouted as she sat on her bed. "I'm not good in Korean after all."

"You'll be fine." Jessica said, sitting next to her friend. "Plus, I have a couple of friends I'd like you to meet when we get there."

"Jinjja?" Tiffany asked. Her voice went up an octave, startling Jessica.

"Yes." Jessica said, scooting a few inches away from the other American girl. "So, when you're ready, my dad and I will be waiting downstairs." Jessica left the room with a wink.

"Well Tiff," Tiffany said to herself. "It's now or never...I prefer never..."

When Mr. Jung arrived at the school, it was busy with all kinds of students that were making their way into the school building. Mr. Jung pulled up in front of the school gate, getting out of the car to get the girls' bags from the trunk. He passed Jessica her brown backpack while Tiffany took her pink shoulder bad.

"Thank you, Uncle." Tiffany smiled. "See you when we get home."

"Same to you, Tiffany." Mr. Jung said, smiling. "Have a good day, Princess."

"Yes Daddy." Jessica smiled.

When Jessica and Tiffany walked through the school gates, they were greeted by the principal. She was a woman in her forties or fifties with a pair of transitional lens glasses. She wore a dark blue dress suit and greeted each student with a smile. She had dark brown hair and was carrying a clipboard in her right hand as she shook student's hands with her left.

"Don't forget Tiff," Jessica whispered. "This is an all girls school."

"I know. I know." Tiffany waved her hand at the brunette, earning a death glare from the latter. "So, where are your friends?"

"Sica~!" An aegyo filled voice shouted, getting the attention of the two American girls, as well as other passing students.

They both turned to see a short girl with short blonde hair running towards them. She immediately wrapped her arms around Jessica, causing Tiffany to move away a little. Jessica couldn't hold her laughter at the girl's childish behavior.

"How have you been, Soonkyu?" Jessica asked. The blonde girl released her hug and pouted. "Sorry. Sunny."

Sunny smiled and responded. "I've been good!" She looked over Jessica's shoulder and noticed Tiffany, who was watching the two converse quietly. "Hello. Who are you?"

"Oh. I'm Tiffany." Tiffany said, nervously. She smiled at Sunny. "I'm Jessica's friend from America."

"Yes. Sunny, this is Tiffany Hwang. Tiffany, this is Lee Sunny." Jessica smiled at her two friends. "Where's Yuri and Taeyeon?"

"They're on their way." Sunny smiled. "They were so happy to hear that you moved back. They wouldn't stop talking."

As Jessica, Tiffany, and Sunny got settled into their classroom, two girls rushed through the door and wrapped Jessica into a tight embrace. Tiffany was shocked at the sudden scene that unfolded in front of her.

"Don't worry." Sunny patted Tiffany's back. "They just really missed her." Tiffany just nodded.

"I missed you guys too." Jessica said, laughing. "Oh. Meet my friend from the states, Tiffany."

Hearing her name, Tiffany immediately looked at the brunette and smiled. "Hello." 

"This is Kwon Yuri." Jessica said, motioning to the taller girl. She had long, black hair and nicely tanned skin. She had a bright smile on, Tiffany bowed and returned the smile.

"Nice to meet you."Yuri said, excitedly. "Jessica told me a lot about you."

"Nice to meet you too." Tiffany replied, bowing again.

"Then this is Kim Taeyeon." Jessica said, motioning to the other girl.

Taeyeon was about 3 inches shorter than Tiffany. She had long light-brunette colored hair what was tied into a loose bun. Tiffany gave her an eye-smile causing Taeyeon's cheeks to turn a light shade of pink.

"Nice to meet...you..." Taeyeon suddenly felt nervous when her eyes met Tiffany's.

Jessica nudged Taeyeon, snappping her out of her trance. Taeyeon turned to Jessica, who was eyeing her down.

"W-what?" Taeyeon asked, nervously.

"Don't even think about it." Jessica whispered.

Taeyeon blushed. "I don't know what you're talking about." Jessica just rolled her eyes. She looked up at Tiffany, who was having a conversation with Yuri about the latest fashion trends.

"So, what are you two doing after school?" Sunny asked. "The three of us are going to the cafe down the street."

"Oh?" Jessica tilted her head. "Waeyo?"

"Because Sunny has her eyes on a certain waitress there." Yuri said, nudging the shorter girl.

"Yah!" Sunny shouted, her face was flushed. The group giggled.

"Who is it Sunny-ah?" Jessica asked, resting her head on her hands giving the girl an admiring look. "Maybe I know her."

"Yeah!" Taeyeon said. "Sica knows almost everyone." Jessica nodded proudly at the statement.

"It's..." Sunny smiled, bashfully as she thought of the person whose name she was about to say. "Park Hyomin." She whispered.

"Ehh?!" Jessica gasped, sitting up. "Jinjja?"

"I'm guessing she knows her?" Tiffany asked, leaning closer to Yuri.

Yuri's mouth hung open as she tried to think of an answer. "I...think...so?"

"Y-yes." Sunny averted her eyes from the brunette.

"As in the Park Hyomin that hangs out with Choi Sooyoung?" Jessica asked, her voice filled with anger upon mentioning Sooyoung's name.

"Who's Choi Sooyoung?" Tiffany asked.

"Jessica's enemy from middle school." Taeyeon said, discreetly staring at Tiffany.

"Her enemy?" Tiffany tilted her head.

"Well, they aren't enemies." Taeyeon tried to explain. "More like competitive friends."

Tiffany nodded her head in understanding. "Ohh..."

"She's a year younger than us but she was placed in our grade when she moved here from Japan." Yuri added. "I wonder if she's going to be in our class this year?"

"I hope not." Jessica said, angrily. "I'll bet she's still that lame shorty she was back in middle school."

"She'll be surprised." Taeyeon and Yuri whispered to Tiffany at the same time.

"Sica, Hyomin isn't like Sooyoung." Sunny defended the girl. "She's really nice."

Jessica sighed. "I don't mind if you like her, Sunny-ah." She smiled at the blonde girl.

"Thank you Sica." Sunny smiled, widely. "So, are you guys going to come?"

"Sure. Why no-" Jessica stopped herself as she saw a tall girl with wavy black hair walk into the room. "No way..."

"Who's that?" Tiffany whispered, leaning towards Yuri.

"That is Choi Sooyoung." Taeyeon answered first. "Four years after Jessica left for the states."

"Wow..." Tiffany said, awestruck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Hey guys, so this is the first chapter. It's not as good as I'd like it to turn out but this is my first fanfic that I've written. So, please leave some comments on what you think. I already have this typed  out on my computer and I'm retyping it so compared to the original this version is going to be a little better.

I will try to update as frequently as I can. Also, please bear with me on spelling and grammar errors because I'm not too good in English.