Discontentment

One path to Heaven

 

 

 

Seunghyun had a hard time pretending nothing was bothering him. Sure he could go with his usual carefree, slightly grumpy attitude but it probably wouldn’t take long before he snapped, and that would definitely mean he would take his anger out on the angel. After they had rescued Jiyong and woke him up, Seunghyun was looking forward to letting the normal days pass together with him. Somehow Dongwook was preventing him from doing this.

 

A couple of days after they’d gone to work together Jiyong had finally mustered the courage to ask him to read the business card for him. Of course he did, albeit reluctantly, and tried his hardest not to be too upset. He did have to admit he acted a little childish by ignoring the blonde for a few hours but he managed to reign himself in in the end.

 

However this was not the only reason the human felt discontented. The reason why was that every day when he came to work, Dongwook would be in his face quite literary and ask about Jiyong. Now, normally he would bring the angel along but he decided not to after he saw how his boss was hitting on him. He tried to push the jealousy back in his mind and told himself that it was only for Jiyong’s own good. He wasn’t even sure the angel could manage a relationship.

 

Instead Jiyong would spend his days at home, scrambling after the phone and pushing all the wrong buttons whenever Seunghyun called him. Their one-sided conversation was always pretty short; Seunghyun would ask questions that could be answered with yes or no, and the angel would answer by knocking on the table once or twice. It took them more than a few tries to be able to communicate properly but eventually they more or less got the hang of it. Except for that, Jiyong spent his time praying and chatting nonchalantly with the gatekeeper who asked him frequently about Seunghyun and his peculiar friend Seungri. High angel Daesung also tuned in once in a while and Jiyong was happy to talk with him, showing his gratitude in tenfolds.

 

The angel couldn’t complain, he had a nice, comfortable home to stay in while Seunghyun was away and sometimes even Seungri came to visit him to keep him company. The two of them would sit and talk and Seungri would show him objects and other things he had on him that he guessed they didn’t have in heaven and Jiyong was highly entertained. The only thing nagging in the back of his mind was Dongwook. Seunghyun had told him Dongwook asked for him all the time and now he was curious. Maybe the man had something important to say or maybe they could meet and he could try explaining how amazing Seunghyun was.

 

“Dongwook asked for you again today,” An exhausted Seunghyun stepped into the living room and flopped down on the couch, legs stretching over Jiyong’s lap. The angel looked down at him curiously, taking in the defined jaw, comfortable expression and how his chest raised and fell when he breathed. It was almost mesmerizing to him. He rested his thin arms on top of his legs and smiled at him, nudging him a little to make him look up. The other man blinked a few times before focusing on him with a tiny smirk and nudged him back with his foot playfully. Jiyong’s surprised expression had him laughing for a long time and he felt like all of his tiredness washed away.  

 

Jiyong tried mouthing ‘work’ when his laughter died down, indicating that he wished for Seunghyun to bring him again. He felt like he really needed to find out what Dongwook wanted but he couldn’t go without the other man’s permission.

 

“I don’t know Jiyong, Dongwook has been kind of aggressive lately.” He wasn’t lying this time, his boss had really changed for the worse. More often did he become annoyed and he stopped listening to his employees. It was a change everyone noticed but people were too afraid to tell anyone.

 

He burst out in a bellowing laugh when Jiyong gave him a thumb up and flexed his right arm, telling him that he could take it.

 

“I don’t think you need to fight him,” He chuckled, sitting up and resting his feet on the floor. “But maybe you can come anyway, it might calm him down.” Jiyong nodded a bit too eagerly for his liking but he ignored the uneasy feeling in his stomach.

 

“Just don’t go anywhere alone with him, alright?” Now the angel hesitated for a moment, how would he be able to talk to him about Seunghyun if he wasn’t allowed to spend time alone with him? He figured he would find a way when he got there and nodded eagerly again, feeling relieved himself when Seunghyun sighed exasperatedly,

 

“So, how does eating crab sound?” After a moment of silence, Seunghyun spoke with his deep voice. Jiyong tried to remember the crab, his face churning in thought. It was the creature of the sea that was frozen which they found at the supermarket before. He frowned, still unsure of how they would eat it but hopped off the couch and trailed behind Seunghyun into the kitchen anyway.

 

“You can chop these while I fix the crab. Not too many though, there’s only two of us.” He handed the angel a bowl of vegetables that he pulled out of the fridge. He was confident Jiyong would be able to cut them into edible pieces, and he was right. The angel concentrated so much on doing it well that he ended up frowning over the knife while he sliced. Seunghyun laughed at him again, earning a blush from the bewildered angel. It was really difficult not to bend the adorable creature over the counter and have his way with him. Surely that would be much more satisfying than the food they were making.

 

 

 

They finished a couple of hours later and settled down with their food. Seunghyun was starving and had to put something in his mouth before he managed to observe Jiyong picking at his food in amazement. Tentatively he put a piece in his mouth and chewed slowly, tasting it properly. The other man waited in anticipation, it was always fun to see if the angel managed to consume the food or not. Not surprisingly Jiyong started coughing before making an unsatisfied face and Seunghyun was laughing again. The blonde felt bad for not liking the food he made and tried his best to swallow it but like before, it was too much. On the other hand, Seunghyun did not feel bad about it and continued smirking.

 

“Here, eat the vegetables, I know you can eat them.” He pushed half of his vegetables over to his plate and continued eating his own. With a smile on his face, Jiyong ate the vegetables and felt a little better. This was something they usually did, had dinner together or Jiyong just watched him eat. It was nice and Jiyong felt a surge of happiness wash through him after they finished the meal in silence. He joined him in doing the dishes, sneaking glances at the other man a couple of times and listened to him talk about nothing. It had been a while since Seunghyun went out at night. He’d earnestly told the angel that he didn’t do drugs and by saying that if he had Jiyong to touch all the time, who’d need drugs? Sometimes he did drink alcohol but not as much as before and Jiyong figured he couldn’t ask for more. It was good, he felt happy that the other man started to become genuinely happy as well.  His chest was swelling so he dried his hands quickly and threw his arms around Seunghyun in a tight hug, burying his face into his chest.

 

Seunghyun was so startled he almost fell backwards. It had been a long time since the angel gave him a hug like that and he couldn’t stop himself from turning considerably red. He hugged him awkwardly back and sighed, wondering what had gotten into him.

 

Right now Jiyong had a million kinds of feelings rushing through him. One part was happy Seunghyun was getting better and another part was sad that he might not need him anymore. But he had decided not to dwell on that too much and pushed the thought away, inhaling the familiar scent instead. If he continued thinking anymore he would probably start crying and that would startle the other man even more. He was already inconveniencing him enough by not talking to him properly, but he wanted Seunghyun to know that the urge to do it was growing stronger with every passing day.

 

As if the other man could hear his thoughts, he tightened his grip and whispered into his hair.

 

“Can you at least tell me why you don’t want to speak with me?” Jiyong squeezed his eyes shut and shook his head, still hidden by his chest. Seunghyun sighed for the hundredth time and moved his hands to cup his face, bringing it up to look at him properly. The angel didn’t trust his own body and kept his eyes firmly shut, refusing to give in to himself.

 

“Or draw it? I just feel left out.” At last the blue eyes fluttered open and looked at him apologetically. The angel didn’t know what to say, he felt unbelievably sorry and was painfully distracted by the thumb that caressed his cheek and slowly brushed over his lips. Quickly his face reddened and he felt out of breath, clutching just a little more onto the other man’s shirt. Seunghyun had long ago forgotten what he asked about and pulled the angel flush into his body and surged forward, kissing him without any hesitation. He tried pouring all of his heart into the kiss, moving their tongues together and on his lips, drawing soundless moans from the angel. Jiyong was trembling from the sensations and tried to ignore how his knees almost buckled, selfishly wanting more from the taller man.

 

If Seunghyun could have his lips locked with the other man, feeling the warmth blending with his own and the sinful body against his all day he would never leave his house, but that was impossible and his pants were slowly becoming tighter, making him pull away before he did something he would regret. Defiling an angel would probably not be good for him.

 

“I’ll take that as a thank you for the crab,” He smirked at the blonde and gave him a last peck on the lips, lightening the atmosphere between them. Jiyong smiled, still out of breath and put the last plates into the cabinet.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong shakily stepped out of the car the next morning, sighing contently when he could feel the ground below his feet. The building looked just as extravagant as before to him and he held onto Seunghyun’s sleeve while attempting to look at the top again. The look on his face was priceless to the taller man and he spent a minute to just observe the boy before pulling him along inside, pretending to be impatient.

 

“Remember what I said?” Jiyong blinked at him. “Don’t go anywhere alone with Dongwook, he’s in a foul mood. Seriously.” Seunghyun grit his teeth as he remembered how his boss terrorized him the other day. The blonde smiled reassuringly like he always did and looked forward to spending the whole day close to the man.

 

When the elevator door opened Jiyong’s smile fell abruptly. As an angel he had the power to sense demons within close proximity and it might’ve not been a demon but he was sensing something. It was like his skin was prickling more by each second as they walked closer to Seunghyun’s spot. He couldn’t pinpoint where the source was but it was no doubt in this office somewhere. Unfortunately he couldn’t tell if it was dangerous or not and he decided to wait and see how this day would unfold. Seunghyun noticed his change of mood and patted him on the shoulder, making him turn around and look up.

 

“Everyone’s just gloomy nowadays, don’t worry.” He figured the angel probably sensed his discouraged colleagues on this floor and mirrored it.

 

“Jiyongie!” The pet name made Seunghyun cringe and he rolled his eyes at the exaggerated happiness his boss was showing. Jiyong smiled back, waving at him but froze when he was enveloped in a hug. He didn’t expect that from the man, they had only talked once after all. Shivers racked down his spine and he tried wiggling himself out of the strong grip, pushing hard until Dongwook let go of him. The man only laughed wholeheartedly before squeezing his shoulder and the angel nervously grinned back.

 

“About time you showed up again,” Dongwook looked at him while Seunghyun frowned behind him. “I have something to talk to you about later Seunghyun, when everyone’s gone home. So please stay until tonight even though it’s boring, Jiyong.” He didn’t turn to look at his employee but Seunghyun nodded anyway and pulled Jiyong away from the man. The angel thought he could cease this opportunity to talk to Dongwook later that day, feeling optimistic. All his thoughts disappeared when his friend handed him the mini TV that had games on it, keeping him distracted for a long time.

 

The day passed quickly, they went to lunch and back to work, Jiyong trailing after Seunghyun like a loyal, curious puppy. He felt ridiculously happy to have the angel available all day, it felt like a good luck charm to him.  The blonde had moved on from the computer to practicing writing letters that Seunghyun told him to write. It was still difficult to memorize but Jiyong took it as a challenge, not willing to back down until he could write a full sentence.

 

Eventually everyone on their floor had left for the day, leaving the two of them and Dongwook. The boss was still in his office and Seunghyun had finished his work for the day, the two of them just relaxed in the vacant, silent space. Actually Jiyong was just waiting for the golden opportunity to talk to Dongwook and it happened when Seunghyun excused himself to the restroom, leaving Jiyong to slip inside his office quietly.

 

What he didn’t expect was the sudden cold rushing down his spine. He wouldn’t stop shivering and now he was certain Dongwook had to be the source of the demonic power he was feeling. The hug from earlier made him suspicious but he wasn’t sure until now. It was like the whole room was shaking but he realized it was just him. Dongwook looked up from his paperwork and smiled when he saw it was Jiyong standing there, back against the door.

 

“Well?” The man smiled. Since Jiyong couldn’t see the demon with his own eyes he knew the man had been possessed. That would at least explain his odd behavior that Seunghyun told him about. Realization dawned on him when he remembered that he changed after Jiyong had visited the first time.

 

“I must’ve attracted the demon here,” he thought to himself bitterly.

 

“Jiyong? Is there something you wanted to talk about?” A piece of paper and a pen was laid out on the table for him but Jiyong had no plans on going anywhere near it. He wanted to talk to Choi Dongwook but now it seemed like he had another problem to deal with. If the demon had noticed if the angel knew of his possession, he didn’t show it. And Jiyong wasn’t planning on making a ruckus until he absolutely had to. Getting his powers stolen one time was enough and he knew he would not be lucky to survive it the second time. Then again, the demon didn’t have any hostage this time and he was more or less free to do whatever he wanted.

 

Suddenly the door clicked behind him and when he turned around to open it, it was locked. He tried turning the lock but it was impossible and he knew why. Slowly he craned his neck to look at Dongwook who still had a smile frozen in place.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

Jiyong grit his teeth and squared his shoulders, preparing for whatever the demon was going to throw at him. 

 

 

To be continued...

 

 

 

A/N: I... have a lot of time on my hands at work. I figured making a whole chapter about the card would be ridiculous.. I did however add some extra sugar and fluff. Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting <3<3 Time to sleep...