Calm

One path to Heaven

 

 

 

The pair walked through the tall buildings and the angel marveled at how big they were from this angle. He had never thought they looked like this to the people walking on earth and it fascinated him. Although sometimes he nearly walked into objects and Seunghyun had to stop him.

 

The taller lead him safely along the road until they reached a park that seemed like it didn’t have any end. When he looked down at Jiyong it seemed like he was glowing, his smile shining brightly as ever but his whole presence was nearly overwhelming. It was slightly chilly now that the sun was setting but he could not feel it because of the angel’s thing fingers brushing his wrist and sending tiny sparks all the way up his arm. Holding his wrist was the only almost natural looking way for them to communicate but honestly, Seunghyun couldn’t care less how other people viewed them. If anything they should all be ogling his angel.

 

“I like the sky from here, especially now that the sun is setting. Also there’s so many trees!” Jiyong exclaimed as he rambled on to a nodding Seunghyun about everything new and exciting. There were empty playgrounds and benches, fountains and a wide area of grass that the angel seemed to enjoy pointing out every single time they passed one.

 

While Seunghyun had seen tame animals at the park before, he had never seen them quite as attracted to a person as they were to Jiyong. He figured there was something supernatural about it but it was probably safer for his sanity to not dwell on it. At least Jiyong was enjoying himself, occasionally running away to play with the birds or squirrels. The sight itself was funny but even by just watching, Seunghyun was enjoying himself immensely. He smiled at the sight before him, crossing his arms and shivering slightly at the slight wind brushing his neck.

 

If he was to tell the truth, he had been worried before going out today. Jiyong was everything but a good liar, he could easily tell something was wrong. His behavior was a bit unusual although he couldn’t pinpoint it and he wanted to ask him about it when the time was right, ruining this date was not an option.

 

They sat down on a bench, resting their feet for a few minutes. It was nice; Jiyong was holding his hand now and smiling while chatting about nonsense. Seunghyun didn’t even want to interrupt his monologue.

 

“Are you hungry, Seunghyun?” His voice interrupted his musings and he blinked before remembering to answer.

 

“No… Yes, a bit. But I don’t want to go just yet.” He huddled closer to Jiyong, pretending it was colder than it really was. The angel leaned into his body as well, fully believing his lame act and wanting to warm him up.

 

“Then let’s sit a bit more.” The blonde hair tickled his face as he spoke. “I wish I could feel the cold too, I would have noticed how cold it was sooner.” While playing with his fingers to keep them warm, Jiyong’s voice warmed him more than anything and he wondered if the temperature went up instead.

 

“It’s just cold, but not freezing so there’s nothing to worry about.” Seunghyun closed his eyes and nosed the blonde mop of hair, feeling completely relaxed. Jiyong on the other hand blushed at the sweet action and squeezed his fingers, knowing that the taller could feel his every emotion. An expected laugh escaped Seunghyun’s mouth before he received a peck on the cheek.

 

“Seunghyun…” The angel whined at him.

 

“Okay, let’s go before I eat one of these things,” he gestured at the animals surrounding them and received a scandalized expression from the angel.

 

“What, I’m hungry,” he laughed before grabbing Jiyong’s hand and pulling him up before he had the chance to protest. Jiyong understood he was joking after all, he didn’t have to worry. “Or I have to eat you,” he pulled one last joke and felt the angel’s mixed emotions, making him laugh again.

 

 

 

They found a remotely hidden pizza restaurant that Seunghyun visited whenever he had a bad hangover. He could let the angel try a piece and he would still have a lot left if he didn’t like it. And he was pretty sure he wouldn’t like it.

 

As he predicted he had the whole pizza to himself and while he ate he kept one hand stretched over the table in case Jiyong wanted to say something.

 

Jiyong spent a lot of time admiring the other man ever since they left the park. Not that he usually spent a lot less time admiring Seunghyun, but every second was different and he wanted to have them all. All the precious moments and actions the other man did to make him happy, to make himself happy, to live and exist. It was exciting to watch and he loved it. He loved Seunghyun.

 

He wanted to tell Seunghyun about his pain, how he had a mission to finish for the other man’s well-being. But he couldn’t bring himself to do it not only because they would have to forget each other but also because he never wanted this to end. Even though Seunghyun would forget him, Jiyong would still be his guardian angel to watch over him from the sky but that would not be a life involving both of them. However there were a few words that were still stuck in his head. Youngbae had said he still wasn’t ready to leave yet, so what did he need to do? Seunghyun was already fine at work, or at least he was becoming fine, repairing the broken trust and his own motivation. His life was not in danger anymore and Jiyong couldn’t feel any demons around after The gatekeeper last visit. It was hard to know without anyone telling him what to do, maybe he had to wait and see if the answer would come to him.

 

“What’s wrong? You’re thinking awfully hard about something, I can feel it.” Seunghyun’s deep voice snapped him back to reality and he shook his head before grabbing his hand.

 

“My thoughts are a mess, do not worry.” Jiyong smiled, not wanting him to think too much about it. However the other didn’t smile back.

 

“Are you okay though, you’ve been holding a hand over your chest a lot today…” Seunghyun trailed off, wondering if the angel might’ve been in pain. He really didn’t know how their bodies functioned but if he was in pain he would do anything to make it go away.

 

The question caught the angel off guard and his eyes widened. The reaction did not go unnoticed by Seunghyun. It was however only brief and had he not been staring it would be hard to catch.

 

“I’m fine, I just do this out of habit when I’m thinking. I’ll sort it out soon.” Seunghyun knew he didn’t get the whole truth but he decided to trust the angel and not pry any further until he decided to tell him everything. Since it seemed like it wasn’t anything too dangerous he figured he could let it go for now.

 

“If you say so,” he smiled at Jiyong and squeezed his hand one more time before paying for the food. While Seunghyun went to the bathroom reality hit the angel fast like a train. He had to tell him the truth soon, he knew it would only be getting worse. Seunghyun was definitely picking up the small changes quickly and since they were spending all their time together it would be impossible to keep it hidden when the day where his pain becomes unbearable arrives. Jiyong grimaced and clenched his fist against the table to keep his composure before collecting himself when Seunghyun returned.

 

 

This was definitely not going to be easy.

 

 

 

 

Thus, Jiyong waited. Days, weeks went by as usual and he tried not to think too much about it, hoping his mission would be clear to him soon. He thought Seunghyun was becoming better, and he was. He would say he was more or less perfect if Jiyong was the judge but someone decided that he wasn’t entirely safe just yet. Jiyong wanted to know what was going to happen and it was making him restless. Though it was unpredictable, it could be emotional, physical, anything really so all he could do was wait, and enjoy his time with the other man while doing so.

 

Meanwhile, Seunghyun taught him a lot of things. Common things they usually did besides grocery shopping like cleaning, riding something else than his car which made Jiyong happy because the trains and buses were filled with many interesting people, and playing instruments. It was strange to him because angels only sang when they made music, using a tool to make the sounds was unfamiliar. It was safe to say Seunghyun was pleasantly surprised when Jiyong showed him how they sang their prayers and hummed the melodies. His singing voice was even more amazing than when he spoke and the other wondered if he could record it and keep it forever.

 

“Wanna watch a movie?” He sipped his coffee and looked at the blonde who was occupied with his computer, desperately trying to figure it out. “Your frustration is evident, you deserve a break.” Jiyong frowned at him before standing and walking over to his side, brushing his hair away from his eyes and grabbing his hand.

 

“Movie?” Curiosity filled his mind.

 

“Yeah, I have a few I bet you’ve never seen,” He gestured towards the bookshelf with his head. Still, the angel didn’t quite seem to catch what he was saying. With a sigh he pushed him forward.

 

“Here, if you put one of these into the player over there, we can watch something else and probably much more interesting than you usually see on the TV.”

 

“You can decide what will show on the screen?” Jiyong asked incredulously and looked at the selection of movies before him. He could hear Seunghyun laugh at his surprise and Jiyong couldn’t help but smile as he looked at the covers one by one, not really understanding what the titles were.

 

“Yes, let’s watch something funny,” Seunghyun grabbed a DVD and went to insert it in the player as Jiyong settled on the couch expectantly. The angel was biting his lips and the other wondered how he had not jumped him yet. In his many years he had never been this ually frustrated but the fact that Jiyong was an actual angel kept him from going too far. He had decided he would hold out as long as it would take, but sometimes he felt really unsatisfied with the extra-long showers he had use to take care of his problem.

 

They settled together in a familiar position on the couch with Jiyong leaning on his chest, completely immersed in the movie. He would laugh occasionally at the stupid jokes but most of the time he had trouble understanding everything. Seunghyun had to answer questions that were fired at him quickly and without spoiling the whole movie to make him better understand it. Had it not been Jiyong asking, he would never have done it. But now he kind of enjoyed it, seeing the different reactions as if he would never grow tired of them.

 

When the movie ended Jiyong smiled at him and turned to lie on his stomach as the credits rolled across the screen. Seunghyun quirked an eyebrow in anticipation.

 

“That was a fun… movie!” Seunghyun laughed at him having to remember the word for it and nodded. Sneakily he wrapped his arms around the smaller body and enjoyed the blush forming on his cheeks.

 

“I knew you would like it, even though it might’ve been difficult to understand.” Jiyong smiled at him gratefully and shifted so he could reach Seunghyun’s face with his lips. It was a small peck but he felt it through his whole body nonetheless. After a few seconds of bliss he took the angel by surprise and flipped them over so that he was lying underneath him, red color covering almost his whole beautiful face.

 

“You’re becoming bold nowadays, Jiyong, what is happening?” He grinned and kissed the corner of Jiyong’s mouth and left a trail up to his ear. The blonde squirmed underneath him and clutched onto his back trying not to make any embarrassing sounds. It was wonderful, Seunghyun could now hear every pleasurable sound escaping the plump lips and it was like music to his ears.  

 

“I… I’m not,” Jiyong protested weakly, trying to gather some of the reason left in his brain. Somehow it all went out the window whenever Seunghyun touched him. A sharp bite on his neck had him gasping and arching into the body above him, leaving him a flustered mess few seconds after. Seunghyun looked at his work before continuing his ministrations a little further to ease his own frustration that escalated with every kiss that they shared. When he reached the angels collarbone he could feel weak hands pushing at his shoulders but he didn’t feel like caring right now.

 

“S-Seunghyun, stop, I can’t-” Jiyong didn’t know why he was protesting but the sensation felt strange on his body. Although it felt more good than bad, he wanted some time to get his senses back before he completely lost himself in whatever the man was doing to him. Seunghyun had pushed his shirt up a little and was teasingly touching his stomach and all Jiyong could think now was ‘more more more.

 

When the torture paused for a second so they could share a kiss, pushing their lips together and tasting each other, Jiyong couldn’t be happier. By now he had forgotten about restraining his moans and it seemed to make Seunghyun happy.

 

However just as Seunghyun was about to go even further and reveal more perfect skin on the angel, his cellphone rang, breaking his concentration and reminding him of reality. Until this moment, the damn phone had never been that unwanted.

 

“-” he grumbled out of breath and rested his forehead on the angel’s chest for a second, collecting himself. Jiyong was panting as well, releasing his hold on his hair and letting his arms fall down weakly. When the phone rang for the second time Seunghyun forced himself to get up and answer it in the kitchen, leaving the flustered angel on the couch. It took the blonde a minute to realize just how far up his shirt was and he quickly pulled it down and sat up, curious about the phonecall.

 

Seunghyun walked into the kitchen and roughly grabbed the phone, looking at the clock at the same time. It was late, 10 pm, who could be calling now?

 

“What?” he answered rudely just to let the caller know how unsatisfied he was.

 

“Hyung!” Seungri’s voice sounded cheerful.

 

“What do you want?” Actually he hadn’t heard from his friend in a while, he wondered what he was up to. He could hear background noises as if he was driving.

 

“I have to tell you I’m going away for a while,” Seunghyun blinked at his words and glanced over at Jiyong. How many times had he heard those words from his friend whenever he was in trouble now? But those problems were never simple things, Seungri usually messed with the wrong people.

 

“What did you do this time?” Jiyong sat down on a chair next to him wondering what caused the suddenly worried expression on his face. The taller knew he would not like whatever Seungri was going to say next.

 

“I can’t tell you now, I’ll drop by when I come back, then I’ll explain!” Seunghyun made an exhasperated sound at Seungri’s cheerful voice. He was too careless, he could easily tell.

 

“Wait, te-” The call ended as Seungri hung up on him, the only thing interrupting being the sound of his finished call. As much as his younger friend annoyed the wits out of him he couldn’t leave him alone. He actually cared and every single time, he was unable to stay away. Like he’d done before, he prepared himself mentally for the next few days he would use on Seungri’s misfortune. He met Jiyong’s curious gaze and grit his teeth before speaking.

 

“Come on, we gotta go find Seungri.” 

 

 

 

To be continued...

--------------------------------

 

A/N: Thank you for staying with me! /cries  
I haven't looked through this chapter yet so please forgive the mistakes..
Merry christmas and happy holidays everyone!! I went to the Alive Tour in London, I'm so happy. They were absolutely perfect. 
Anyway, this story is getting interesting again, sorry for not having any action. I hope the sweet moments make up for it... yeah. Thank you for reading! I love all your comments and subs! <3