Distinct

One path to Heaven

 

 

 

Morning light hit the angel’s skin, bathing him in warmth and blinding him slightly. Jiyong felt rested, he had calmed down after he settled next to Seunghyun and his heart stopped running a marathon but somehow the other man’s hands had s their way around his waist and underneath his shirt to rest on his . It was comforting, in a way, but every time the fingers moved and brushed along his delicate skin he had to refrain from jolting in surprise or he managed to barely contain the shiver that wrecked through his body. It was dangerous but the angel was unable to remove himself from the bed because at the same time he enjoyed the small caresses.

 

He silently smiled when Seunghyun frowned slightly, dipping his head down before he opened his eyes slowly. It took him a moment before he focused on the blonde’s face, finally noticing how he was suddenly very much closer than earlier. His eyes widened before he lifted his head to take a look at their surroundings, groaning as he dropped his head tiredly back onto the pillow still facing Jiyong.

 

“Uhm, what-” He didn’t have the energy to wonder how they ended up like that, even though he had an idea as to how. Either Jiyong snuck up on him or he pulled him down, there was no other explanation really and he didn’t even bother to try to finding out. The angel studied his face for a while and Seunghyun enjoyed watching the blue orbs moving curiously without having to be hidden because of his shyness. Unsurprisingly enough it took Jiyong a few seconds before he noticed Seunghyun was staring back quite intently and he bent his head down, trying to hide from the intense stare. He had always found the eyes beautiful but when they were completely focused on him they had the angel all flustered.

 

Suddenly the hands on his back moved in a soothing back and forth motion making him gasp in surprise. He was pulled closer, flush against the other man and was completely frozen in place. The action was very intimate and he struggled with keeping his mind together when he could feel Seunghyun’s lips on his neck, pressing against his skin softly. If he had a voice he would probably have made at least a hundred embarrassing noises already. They didn’t go any further than that though, they cuddled together under the warm duvet in silence as if nothing in the world could interrupt them. Seunghyun hadn’t even checked what time it was but he basically just didn’t care. The way the blonde arched into his touch, his almost unnoticeable shivers and gasps escaping his plump lips kept his mind completely occupied. Jiyong was clutching his shirt with his eyes closed, face beet red and Seunghyun thought he had never seen anything more adorable in his life.

 

 

Unfortunately only a few minutes later Seungri barged in to interrupt their moment and reminded them of the task at hand. The gatekeeper was awkwardly left in the living-room after waking the younger man from his deep slumber.

 

“So I say we just barge into your office, it’ll look cool.” Their younger friend exclaimed with a grin.

 

“You really think barging into the office while everyone else is there will look nothing less than completely insane?” Seunghyun sighed, pulling on a proper shirt. Jiyong blinked at him before peeking into his small closet to look at the clothes. “Besides, I don’t want to scare people.” He entertained the curious angel by opening the other closet door without a word before turning back to Seungri with one raised eyebrow.

 

“That’s no fun.”

 

“We’re not doing it for fun, my boss is in danger.”

 

“Guys, it’s cool, Jiyong and I can stay hidden. It’s no problem.” Youngbae piped in with a hand on their shoulders. “It won’t be a problem to use our powers for a few minutes since we already know the demon is aware of us.” Seunghyun looked at him with a frown before nodding and looking at Seungri pointedly.

 

“Fine fine, so I guess it’ll be just the two of us walking to face our destiny.” Seunghyun rolled his eyes dramatically at the younger man’s words before punching him in the shoulder. The gatekeeper let go of their shoulders with a grin, glancing quickly at the blonde angel who was leaning onto the closet with a hand clutching his own chest.

 

Jiyong breathed heavily for a few moments, almost panicking at how tight it became but fortunately it seemed to be calming down. It was familiar, the sensation the same as when he encountered the demon earlier but it felt a little stronger this time. He only snapped out of his thoughts when Youngbae patted him on the back, smiling reassuringly.

 

“Are you alright?” His eyes were as kind as ever.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine now.” Jiyong knew his friend had caught up on what was bothering him, but he still didn’t say anything about it. He figured it wasn’t a huge problem for now, he still had a job to do and that was to save Choi Dongwook.

 

 

 

 

During the whole elevator ride to the office floor Seungri had been complaining about how uncool it was that they couldn’t barge in with a couple of otherworldly beings. Seunghyun was however still amazed at how the angels suddenly disappeared from his vision even though he could still feel their presence. Even when he turned to the mirror they were not there, not even a trace of them. It was kind of scary how they could just disappear in the blink of an eye.

 

His coworkers curiously stared at his friend who confidently walked next to him. Seunghyun almost felt embarrassed about his behavior but he was pre-occupied with thoughts of saving his boss. When they left home in the car Jiyong had been unusually silent and contemplative while Seunghyun bombarded the only talking angel in vicinity with questions about their plans and ways to save Dongwook from any harm possible. He wasn’t only his boss but also a good friend from long ago, he couldn’t imagine him being hurt. They weren’t that close anymore but he still thought of him as a good hyung and a good guy, he couldn’t help caring about him.

 

Nonetheless he tried acting nonchalantly and greeted his coworkers before knocking on the office door and opening it slowly. He peeked inside, seeing Dongwook by the desk and scribbling at some papers he figured it was safe to enter and brought Seungri along. It didn’t even seem like he was possessed when he looked up at him with the same smile and Seunghyun almost had a hard time believing the angels.

 

“Good morning, did you bring a friend to work?” He stood up from the desk and grinned wider while looking at them. “One is fine but three is too many friends, Seunghyun.” The angels took that as their queue to turn visible again and readied themselves to attack. It was terrifying how Dongwook’s expression turned from friendly to outright furious, the atmosphere suddenly narrowing down and giving him the creeps. A quiet ‘whoa’ escaped Seungri’s lips and he pulled him back while Youngbae and Jiyong stepped forward, covering the humans completely.

 

“Really? Are you going to save Dongwook with two angels?” That the demon didn’t know the gatekeeper surprised him slightly, but he was also a little annoyed he still couldn’t hear the angels voices. The three of them were probably in a heated argument and he couldn’t involve himself. Well, technically he could but it would be strange and distracting if he had to hold on to Youngbae’s arm just to know what they were saying.

 

“You will let go of Dongwook,” Jiyong sneered, stretching his tense fingers slightly. “It’s not an option.” Youngbae nodded at the blonde’s words and inhaled deeply before stepping forward to intimidate the demon. It didn’t seem to work, the demon remained in place.

 

“I spent so much time luring you here angel, and then two of you appear,” He snickered. “You really think I’ll give up just like that?”

 

“Let Dongwook go!” They were interrupted by Seunghyun’s deep, angry voice. He didn’t manage to stay silent anymore, even though he probably screwed up, no one had told him to stay quiet. Then again, he did regret it slightly after the words left is mouth and the demon focused his attention on him.

 

Unfortunately for him the demon lunged forward to grab him and he pushed Seungri away, preparing himself for the blow. It never came though, when he opened his eyes he saw Youngbae holding his wrists, struggling to stop him. Jiyong looked at him alarmingly and he moved out of the way so both he and Seungri were unreachable.

 

The demon stumbled backwards after Youngbae punched him in the face for good measure. The gatekeeper only had to glance at Jiyong before he charged forward and pushed the demon down on the table harshly, strength drawn seemingly out of nowhere. Even though the other man probably was two times the size of the blonde angel it seemed like he was unable to escape from his hard grip. Seunghyun was worried they might hurt him physically.

 

Youngbae furrowed his brows and it was like watching a live exorcism in front of him, the demon making Dongwooks expressions into something completely unfamiliar and when Youngbae suddenly pulled out the spear he’d seen from the very first time they met, cold sweat ran down his forehead.

 

When the gatekeeper surged forward again, stabbing the screaming man through the chest without really stabbing him because Seunghyun didn’t see any blood, he fought the urge to scream. The demon did, however, make a lot of noise and he resisted covering his ears before his voice died down and his boss’ body fell limp against the table.

 

Jiyong sighed and released him, making sure his head rested comfortably against the hard wood. He looked at Youngbae with a smile, relaxing with a sigh and content with their successful mission. As he took one step back Seunghyun stepped forward and tried to wake Dongwook, genuinely concerned about his well-being.

 

“Dongwook, wake up!” He shook the body until he saw life signs from the other man. Seunghyun felt very relieved, afraid that he might’ve lost him for good. Seemed like the crisis was averted and it was still quiet outside the office. A small laugh escaped his lips when Dongwook groaned and complained about a headache as he helped him to his chair.

 

On the other hand the blonde angel was watching the scene with a strange sensation. He was happy that Choi Dongwook was well but somehow he didn’t like seeing Seunghyun all over him. It was hard to explain the feeling but it was something he’d never felt before. The urge to tear Seunghyun away from him was bigger than ever and it hurt. That feeling had stayed with him since they left that morning and it was why he remained silent until they arrived at the office. He didn’t want to cause any misunderstandings or divert their attention from their mission. But now that the other man was in direct contact with him it was very difficult to keep a smile on his face.

 

Seunghyun did not fail to notice how Jiyong averted his eyes even while fuzzing over his boss. He wanted to ask what his problem was but knowing the angel he would probably smile it off. Not that he would ever use words to tell him the truth.

 

“He’ll be alright, just give him a few minutes.” Crescent eyes smiled at him and the gatekeeper slipped away over to Jiyong. The blonde looked up with a grateful smile, ushering him to go back so he won’t be in any trouble.

 

“Go go, I’ll talk to you soon,” The blonde chuckled when Youngbae started unnecessarily worrying about him. With a not really satisfied expression he nodded and gave him a few last words before taking off.

 

“Tell me if your chest starts hurting more than usual,” Jiyong nodded at him. “There’s not much I can do about it, but I can teach you a way to cope with it.” It sounded strange but he accepted what he could get from his friend. Any advice was more than he could ever ask for.

 

However as soon as Youngbae was gone and both Seungri and Seunghyun returned to Dongwook, so did his attention. Automatically his lips became a thin line but he tried to not give anything away, just waited for them to be able to go home.

 

 

 

“You can tell me what’s wrong you know,” Seunghyun tried carefully while they sat on the couch later with a cup of coffee, having dropped a sulking Seungri off and making sure Dongwook was safe. Seungri was genuinely disappointed about Youngbae leaving without a word and Seunghyun didn’t blame him, but he felt it was better if the younger man went home for now. It looked like something was bothering Jiyong and he was determined to know what it was.

 

“I mean I’m not forcing you or anything, just… talk to me. If you want.” He was never any good with words but he hoped he could convey his feelings without too much trouble. It was obvious the blonde was acting jittery, his movements kind of shaky as if he was trying to keep something inside. Seeing the angel act like a child was still as endearing as ever but it wasn’t enough to overpower his concern for the boy.

 

Jiyong was worrying his lower lip while being unable to look Seunghyun in the eyes. He had been keeping his emotions inside throughout the whole day which was something he never did. Right now the angel was really on the edge of having an emotional outburst that would probably not end well. As if he was thinking bad thoughts he tried forgetting the fact that everything in him screamed for him to show Seunghyun how he should not forget about him. Dongwook was safe and sound and he was happy but Seunghyun was still thinking about him.

 

What did it was not his self-control but actually Seunghyun. The taller man sighed and wiped some imaginary dust from his knees before casually suggesting that he should call his boss to see how it was going. Jiyong hurriedly grabbed his wrist to stop him from moving away, earning a startled look from Seunghyun. It was like something punched him in the stomach and knocked the wind out of him when the angel opened his mouth and spoke in a voice that could not be compared to anything else in the universe.

 

No, don’t do it.”

 

 

To be continued....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Heeeey, I'm sorry for being slow. But I hope you like it nonetheless. You probably noticed I'm not focusing too much on the fighting because, well, that's not what I want to do with this story! So take the cute! Take it! Haha. Life is pretty crazy for me now, started Uni and new job as a swimming instructor. It's awesome but eats a lot of my sparetime which I could've spent writing this. Nevertheless I try to write whenever I can! I also ordered One of a kind the other day... I love every single song!!

Thank you every subscriber and for every comment and of course reader <3 I love you all! And suddenly this story has so much, I'm so happy..