Regret

One path to Heaven

 

 

Seungri was lying slouched across the couch and Seunghyun wanted to hit the kid. Sometimes he thought he’d been too nice to him but it was difficult to push him away. It felt like the younger boy the years out of him with all that energy. But he refused to think like an old man.

 

Jiyong sat on a nearby chair and fidgeted with the hem of his shirt, uncertain of whether he was allowed to be back in the house or not. The older man hadn’t said anything to him yet but he could feel the tension in the air. Seungri however, didn’t seem to mind at all and was happily chatting and helping himself with a beer.

 

“So hyung, are you going to tell me who this guy is?” He gestured towards Jiyong after a while and Seunghyun froze, not really sure if he should say what really happened or not. Jiyong didn’t mind though, it wasn’t such a big deal. When he caught his look he had to avert his gaze because Seunghyun might’ve become mad. There were no butterflies in his stomach that he chose to acknowledge.

 

“He’s… His name is Jiyong and he’s my colleague from America.” Seunghyun knew Seungri didn’t understand a word English and that’s why he chose it hurriedly. “And Jiyong, this is Seungri. My… friend.”

 

“That’s cold, Seunghyun, we’re good friends.” The younger man pouted before grinning towards Jiyong. “So that explains the blonde hair. Then what are you doing here?”  He stared at Jiyong intently, waiting for an answer but Jiyong didn’t have any. Carefully he turned his head towards Seunghyun and silently asked for his help. Seunghyun almost snorted at the look on the angels face but it was kind of cute. Not that he would admit that.

 

“He was born mute.” The older man racked his brain for any possible explanation. “Uh, I’m not sure why though. He communicates very well even though he can’t speak.” His lie was becoming thinner and thinner so he decided it was time to change the subject. Jiyong chuckled before fishing out the note in his pocket enthusiastically, wanting to show Seungri his name. Seunghyun almost hid his face in his hands.

 

“That’s how you write your name?” Seungri grinned and studied the note. “Nice drawings, maybe you should be an artist instead.” Jiyong smiled before he shook his head. He wanted to explain who he was but it seemed like Seunghyun didn’t want to tell the truth so he would respect his wishes. He turned to look proudly at the older man but his smile fell when he noticed that he was, in fact, scowling very much. It scared him a little because his eyes were so sharp and intense that Jiyong just wanted to shrink and disappear into the ground. He wasn’t scowling at Jiyong though, he was directing his powerful gaze at the unknowing Seungri.

 

Seunghyun didn’t know why but watching the two of them interact annoyed him more than anything right now. It was ridiculous really, the sight before him looked like a couple of brothers who were happily chatting away, or in this case one of the brothers, but it still irked him. He didn’t shift his glare away from Seungri until Jiyong hopped off his chair and stepped towards him, distracting his brain completely.

 

Holding hands was something completely normal for the angel, he did it to everyone and enjoyed the physical contact more than anything. But it never felt weird or exciting like it did when he walked over and grabbed the older man’s hand in an effort to comfort him, making him forget whatever he was angry about. His hand was small compared to Seunghyun’s and the tingling feeling in his fingers made a blush creep across Jiyong’s face. Automatically his gaze fell to his hold on the older man’s hand and he had to inhale sharply before he could muster the courage to look him in the eyes again. His plan was to convey good feelings through his actions but it failed miserable when he was too flustered to do anything but blush. It was a strange feeling he hadn’t every felt before and he didn’t know if he liked it or not.

 

It was as if Seunghyun’s world started spinning before narrowing down to his hand, shutting everything else out. He could also feel the sparks jumping around on his skin and it startled him. Sure, the angel was cute and about the most precious thing he had ever laid his eyes on but that didn’t mean he was going to fall for him. Oh no. In one firm jerk he pulled his hand out of his grasp and looked away, trying to focus on something different. He hissed to Jiyong not so silently.

 

“I said I’m fine, stop it.” Upon hearing the words Jiyong felt the sadness creep up on him again. He didn’t want to be rejected but more importantly he didn’t want Seunghyun to avoid telling him what was on his mind. He couldn’t help him otherwise.

 

“Jiyong, where do you live? What hotel?” Seungri’s voice interrupted their little moment. He’d finished writing his name and doodled on the small note. Jiyong gasped and scrambled over to take back his note. It was full of weird drawings of pandas and vehicles and it almost covered what Seunghyun had written. He didn’t want that and erased it by wiping his finger across Seungri’s drawings while he watched them disappear.

 

“I can take you there, I brought my car.” Jiyong perked up a little at this. A car, I want to ride in a car, he thought but then he would have to leave this house. He didn’t want to do that and maybe Seunghyun had a car himself. Seunghyun thought Jiyong’s expression looked like a kicked puppy’s and sighed. The blonde was really demanding a lot from him. By the look of it he probably didn’t have a home. Momentarily, he thought, only momentarily Jiyong could stay here until he could fly back home or heaven or wherever.

 

“He’s staying here, we were about to go shopping but he went outside before me when you found him.” Seunghyun used his hands for emphasis. “So there’s no need, just go home.” He bit out the last words but Seungri didn’t seem to notice.

 

“Oh, okay, then I’ll tell you why I’m here,” The older man rolled his eyes at this. Finally. “I’m going to Nine tonight, do you wanna join?” As if on reflex he answered with a nod, confirming that he wanted to come with him. Nine was a club they occasionally went to, it had everything he could ever wish for; cheap alcohol and women.

 

Seungri left them after a while, his constant nagging became too much for Seunghyun and he chased him out of the house. It was enough seeing the boy once a day. When he returned to the living room Jiyong was bouncing happily on his feet like a little kid and he wondered what had gotten into him. The angel was mostly happy that he could stay and would have cheered if he was able to. He wanted to thank the older man for letting him stay but he didn’t know how. What would Seunghyun want?

 

“Okay, you can stay on the couch here but I warn you, it’s not very comfortable.” Seunghyun looked him into the eyes. “You’re not going to like it.” Jiyong thought he would like it, in fact he thought it looked rather inviting. Though he actually didn’t require sleep it was nice to have a place to stay. When Jiyong didn’t do anything but smile again, Seunghyun rolled his eyes and shrugged at his failed attempt to scare him off.

 

“Whatever, anyway, I’m going out tonight so you just… do something. I’ll probably be back tomorrow.” With that he went out for a smoke and left Jiyong in the living room alone. A few hours passed while Jiyong animatedly studied the oven further. The older man was on his way out the door while trying to put on a dark leather jacket. It looked good, Jiyong thought and walked to the door to watch him leave. Again, Seunghyun felt like he was doing something bad but he shook the thought away before it got the best of him.

 

The older man waved a ‘see you later’ before walking towards his car and Jiyong stood by the door until he couldn’t see him anymore. He would just have to wait patiently, willing away any form of loneliness. It was dark in the apartment and Jiyong wasn’t used to it. It was an empty darkness and he hurried over to the couch and kneeled. Words escaped his mouth as he started praying, praying for Seunghyun and his welfare and then he used his powers to contact the high angel. Even though he had his eyes closed it was like he was right in front of him, the warmth from his smile overwhelming him and making him feel safe.

 

“How are you doing, Jiyong?” Daesung’s calm voice resonated through his mind.

 

“I am not fine but not bad either.” He spoke honestly. It was nice to hear his own voice again.

 

“How so?”

 

“Seunghyun has left me alone and while I am respecting his wishes, it’s hard to approach him and earn his trust,” Jiyong felt a little lost. He wanted to become closer to the man but not scare him away.

 

“You do what you must, Jiyong. It’s wise to follow your own instinct when you truly feel it is the right choice.” The high angel’s words made him think. Maybe he should have followed the older man even though he probably didn’t want him to. It was strange, Jiyong had never done anything but follow other people’s wish but now it felt like he really had to do something independently.

 

“Thank you, high angel, I’m going to rest for a bit.” They finished their talk and Jiyong smiled at the thought of Youngbae asking the high angel how he was holding up on earth. He wanted to talk to the gatekeeper as well but it would have to wait for another time. Instead he flopped down on the couch and stretched, voice gone again. A discussion of morals was going on in his head and it was driving him a little crazy. No matter what he tried to distract himself with it didn’t help. In the end he gave in and sat up, preparing to find Seunghyun.

 

 

With his powers it was easy to locate his whereabouts. It took him only a few minutes and he was standing awkwardly outside Nine, the loud music blasting through his eardrums like nothing he had heard before. Women and men were walking past him, eyeing him with a look he couldn’t quite describe.  He figured people went there to have fun. It certainly looked like they were having fun.

 

It was starting to become uncomfortable after he snuck inside and had to avoid grinding people and he was almost grabbed when he fixed his eyes on Seungri in a corner. Jiyong tip toed behind a wide pole and observed quietly. The young man was covered in girls and seemed to be enjoying himself. Jiyong smiled when he saw the huge grin on Seungri’s face but he didn’t spot Seunghyun anywhere. The angel tried scanning the area where people were dancing but to no avail. Maybe Seunghyun went somewhere else?

 

Then he noticed there was another way on the other side of the room and he slid towards it, effectively avoiding strangers. The smell of sweaty bodies, alcohol and the loud beating in his chest from the bass had him in a daze and it was a strange, unfamiliar sensation. He wondered why people were so fond of this kind of activity. Finally he managed to get to the other side and there was a passage containing several rooms behind what he guessed was locked doors. It was easy to sense Seunghyun through the last door and he walked with determined steps towards it.

 

 

When the blonde moved down his body and nipped at his chest Seunghyun thought he really had fun tonight. Or he might be lucky, he wasn’t sure. It was distracting when the small body on top of his moved against him but not nearly enough to shake away his drunken stupor. Tonight he had avoided the drugs and just wanted to get drunk. He thought seeing the angel was enough hallucinations for one day.

 

It took him a minute before he started the blonde’s hair and reveled in how soft it was. If only it was a bit shorter it would be perfect. He groaned when the girl bent down to play with his and suddenly wondered how it would be like to have the innocent Jiyong all over him, pressed against him, underneath him. Just the thought got him hard in an instant and he pulled the woman closer, which she happily obliged to. Who was this person again?  Oh right, some stranger he picked up on the dance floor. She must’ve fallen in love with his amazing dance moves.

 

The room was starting to become way too hot and he was breathing heavily, alcohol and lust clouding his mind. Without realizing it he started imagining the girl was Jiyong and responded much more enthusiastically to her ministrations. She moaned softly as he on her neck and roamed his hands over her body, felt the soft skin and her arching back into his hand. It was pleasant.

 

At first he didn’t realize the door opened but when the girl stopped moving on top of him he noticed something was off. Quickly, he turned his head towards the door and saw Jiyong staring with wide eyes. He had to blink a few times before he shoved the girl off and scrambled to his feet. Jiyong was blushing madly and covering his eyes with one hand as he said something Seunghyun couldn’t hear. The angel never expected to see something like that and especially with Seunghyun. What bothered him the most was how he actually liked the man with his shirt halfway off and hair ruffled but was conflicted because he felt sadness when he saw the other individual on top of him which was yelling profanities.

 

“, Jiyong-” Seunghyun stumbled as he tried to put his shoes on. It was really difficult when the world was spinning. He sobered up pretty quickly though, when Jiyong backed away when he was advancing before the angel his heels and ran outside. There was no time to think, Seunghyun had to follow and left the woman behind while he ran clumsily but as fast as he could.

 

The angel didn’t want to run away, he was just really embarrassed. When he finally reached outside he took a deep breath and shook his head, trying to stop the red color from spreading further on his face. He was still a little sad but he didn’t quite know why. That’s why he inhaled sharply when Seunghyun stumbled out the door and towards him with the same shocked expression on his face. Jiyong couldn’t help but shiver lightly. He still hadn’t closed his shirt and his pants were hanging dangerously low, revealing fine abs and a firm chest. It wasn’t that Jiyong hadn’t seen angels before, just he’d never felt like this.

 

His face scrunched together when Seunghyun enveloped him in a tight hug and he could smell the alcohol a little too clearly. The smell of perfume was also lingering on him and had it not been for the firm, comforting arms around him, he would’ve pulled away. But he wasn’t, and he could feel himself melt in the embrace.

 

“I’m not drunk, hey Jiyong,” he was babbling nonsense and the angel had a hard time believing him. “Can we go back to bed?” The heavy body slouched a little and it shook Jiyong out of his hazy state, making him push Seunghyun to keep him upright. Back to bed? Maybe Seunghyun wanted to sleep seeing as it was way after midnight. That must be it, he thought and walked the other man over to the side where no one could see them before transporting them back to his home as quickly as possible. Seunghyun could walk on his own but was weirded out by the fact that his bedroom suddenly appeared around him.

 

“This… This is not right, Jiyong,” He slurred heavily before sitting on the bed. “, I left here a long time ago.” Jiyong winced at the cursing but stayed nonetheless. He prayed that Seunghyun would sober up soon and be back to his normal nice self. The angel felt very confused and wanted to spend some time to think but the man demanded and needed his attention.

 

“Tell me what’s going on,” The other man demanded and pulled Jiyong closer. “How did we get here?” He shook the smaller frame roughly, forgetting that Jiyong couldn’t speak. He just bit his lip and closed his eyes until he felt it was safe to open them again and he found Seunghyun staring at him with a grin on his face. Suddenly he started chuckling.

 

“I forgot you can’t speak, that’s funny.” The laugh was like music to Jiyong and it made him smile brightly as well, forgetting his worries momentarily. It didn’t last long though because Seunghyun pulled him down on the bed and kept him there by spooning him and embracing him tightly. Jiyong almost couldn’t believe what was happening and was painfully reminded about the blonde girl from the club earlier when Seunghyun’s warm breath reached his ear, tickling him slightly. Then the other man snuggled his face into his neck and Jiyong’s brain turned into mush.

 

About fifteen minutes passed before his brain rebooted and it seemed like it was safe to escape the embrace. Slowly and carefully he slid away from Seunghyun’s hold, relieved that he was fully relaxed when asleep. He had been promptly blushing since he came in close contact with the other man and needed a break. These emotions were nagging him, nagging him to do something but he didn’t know what. Even when the pictures he had in his mind of the taller man’s half body appeared again he had to leave the room flustered.

 

Seungri appeared the next day, not early, but not too late either and woke Seunghyun from his deep slumber. Jiyong was relieved to see that the other man was well, just a little tired, and with one hell of a hangover as Seungri stated. Seunghyun pushed past them and went to take a shower grumpily and the angel wondered if he should stop the other man from drinking any more.

 

“Did he take you out shopping yet?” Seungri asked while leaning against the counter. Jiyong walked over to him and shook his head. Shopping? He wanted to go shopping. And sit in the car. That would surely be a lot of fun.

 

“Well, let’s ask him today. Seems like he’s taking the day off.” The younger man grinned and flopped down on the couch, remote in hand. The sight made Jiyong think of Seungri at the club last night and he scoffed soundlessly before following him.

 

“What, you don’t like the idea?” Seungri looked at him uncertainly, having caught Jiyong in the act. It made him flustered since he never meant to be rude, he felt terrible. Quickly he shook his head and grabbed Seungri’s hand before grinning to show his approval. He hoped the younger man would understand his body language. At least it looked like he did.

 

“Jiyong, let go of him.” A sour, deep voice came from behind him and Jiyong let go immediately. Seunghyun walked out of the bathroom now clean and felt a little better. Had it not been for the massive pain in his whole ing head he would’ve shouted even louder. Seunghyun was slightly angry at Seungri for waking him but he knew he wouldn’t be able to wake by himself. What he didn’t like was seeing the two of them holding hands and since it seemed like the blonde listened to him fairly well he decided to use that to keep him away from the younger boy. He had to pinch the bridge of his nose in annoyance when Seungri looped his arms around Jiyong’s head and pulled him his face into his chest in defiance before glaring at him.

 

“We were talking about shopping, you have to take him shopping.” Jiyong squirmed under his hold wanting to escape. It was futile and Seungri only held him tighter in place. In the end he had to give in. Seunghyun didn’t give his younger friend the satisfaction a reaction would earn him and just went to the fridge in search for something unhealthy.

 

“Fine.” He pulled out a carton of milk randomly. “First I’m taking some painkillers then we’re getting my car at Nine, that’s where you disappear Seungri,” he looked at the younger man pointedly. It would be convenient to borrow his car until he retrieved his own. “And then we’re going to Mc Donalds and when we’re finished we can go shopping.” It was Jiyong’s turn to have the strong gaze fixed on him and it made him practically jump in excitement. It meant that they were taking not only one car but two different cars. 

 

To be continued..

 

A/N: I'm stuck on a bus so I had time to update! Hope you liked it!