Heartbeat

One path to Heaven

 

 

Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough. ~George Moore

 

 

Seunghyun thought he had planned the perfect date as he locked the front door and pushed the angel towards the car with determination. They would do everything cheesy and lame just because Jiyong was new to all of it. It would be like some kind of romantic movie from America and he hoped it would be successful. Now that the creature actually talked to him he could get some conversation going, not just strange looks and happy smiles. It was slightly worrying him that people would only see him talking and not hear the angel’s voice but he figured no one would care too much.

 

The car ride went fine, Jiyong held onto his arm this time while begging him to slow down. Unfortunately that would make him go too slow and probably make drivers behind him mad so he had to turn the angel down. He tried to reassure him about their safety, that he had been driving for a while now and no accidents had happened even while he was drunk. Either way it was difficult driving steadily when Jiyong was clutching his arm so hard he was almost unable to move it.

 

When they arrived at the first date location, the amusement park, Jiyong seemed to brighten considerably. The wide grin re his face and Seunghyun began introducing him to the different booths and foods around the area. Everything was new and exciting to the angel and right away he was able to blend in with the other kids. Seunghyun laughed at him trying to shoot down a few cans but he was terrible, even for an angel fully capable of fighting demons with his bare hands.

 

“The stuffed toy was cute, I wanted to try winning it…” Jiyong trailed off while holding his hand to the next booth. He’d tried to win a dog plush toy but he failed miserably and had to leave with a pout on his face before he spent all of Seunghyun’s money in one place. He had insisted on paying for everything after all.

 

“It’s alright, you can probably win something else,” He tried to comfort him and his reward was a sweet smile on the angels face as they walked. Jiyong wasn’t looking at him but he knew the smile was meant for him.

 

Their next discovery was cotton candy. Jiyong tried biting off some of it, laughing and saying it was like a cloud but it tasted terrible. Seunghyun chuckled along with him and stuffed a handful into his mouth jokingly. The blonde squirmed for a while, trying to swallow the candy despite the bad taste and when he’d finished Seunghyun was almost doubling over with laughter next to him.

 

 

 

 

The angel had spent the dark hours of the night being excited about the next day. Seunghyun had described what people did when on a date and it sounded like a lot of fun. His heart had been beating fast, so fast he thought he was unconsciously running around. But he wasn’t. The pain in his chest slowly increased and after a while it almost became unbearable. It wasn’t something he couldn’t handle but he still wanted to ask his friend about it, he didn’t want the problem to stay while he tried to enjoy his day with the other man.

 

“It’s almost suffocating me, like someone is sitting on my chest.” The blonde sighed, frustration a little evident in his voice as the gatekeeper listened carefully. A few seconds passed before he answered as if he’d found the right thing to say.

 

“Do you remember I told you that it meant you were doing a good job?” Jiyong didn’t answer and he continued. “It still does, just keep on doing what you’re doing.”

 

“But isn’t it possible to make it go away?”

 

“I hate being the one to remind you of this, Jiyong, but it seems that you’ve forgotten…” Youngbae trailed off and the angel tried to think about what he’d forgotten. His voice now sounded sad and Jiyong could tell he wouldn’t like what he was going to say next.

 

“When your mission on earth is done your physical body will slowly tire out and you will return to us,” The gatekeeper spoke slowly. Jiyong’s eyes widened at the realization. He had completely forgotten about his mission as time passed. He swallowed, visibly shook by the news.

 

“Then Seunghyun…”

 

“He will forget you.”

 

 

Only a few seconds passed before the angels world came crashing down around him. His mouth fell open, the realization finally hitting him like a truck in full speed. Seunghyun would forget him. He might forget Seunghyun. Everything they had together would be gone, vanish as if it was never there to begin with. Just the thought of it pushed tears to his eyes that nearly fell had he not been carefully restraining himself. His hand clenched around his shirt unconsciously and he had to bite his lower lip while trying to calm himself down.

 

“You should tell Seunghyun, he deserves to know.” Youngbae spoke even though Jiyong didn’t answer him. He could always know what the blonde was thinking, they’d known each other for a long time.

 

“It’s your decision, Jiyong. I can tell you’re not done with your mission yet. You will know when it’s time for you to return.”

 

Jiyong’s small body was shaking with every kind of different emotion; fear, sadness, frustration, love and anxiety. He wasn’t sure if he could leave the other man that easily. It was impossible, they would have to force him to leave. A small sigh escaped his lips as he calmed down, trying to accept the fact that this was always how it ended. He was not the only one, many angels had probably suffered the same fate. He couldn’t help but hope but he also knew how futile it was. It hurt. His chest hurt. Now it was even more painful than before and it was not the same, this lied deep within and threatened to shatter his fragile heart into pieces. Tears finally fell from his eyes, sparkling as if they were diamonds exposed to pure light and he sobbed quietly, not wanting to wake the sleeping man from his slumber. He’d already decided though, he would do what was best for Seunghyun.

 

He would tell him, just not yet.

 

 

 

 

 

“Let’s go join that ride,” Seunghyun pointed at a roller coaster and pulled him along. It looked fine, almost safe, until the angel reached the entrance and the tracks were suddenly much higher than he would really like them to be. The taller silently prepared himself to catch the fainting angel while watching his face turn even paler than the usual white as his eyes scanned the roller coaster.

 

“S-Seunghyun, I don’t think I can…” The angel uttered meekly and tugged on his arm. Seunghyun tried his best to coax him into joining but it seemed like the more he tried to convince him that it was perfectly safe, the more afraid he became.

 

 Eventually he gave up and pulled a slightly relieved but at the same time regretful Jiyong along towards the Ferris wheel.  The pair stood on the ground looking up at the large contraption. Seunghyun had to keep himself from laughing at the angel, he looked absolutely petrified.

 

“Are you sure about this?” Jiyong, who didn’t want to disappoint the other man again nodded eagerly, expression telling him the complete opposite. The angel felt bad for Seunghyun, he wanted him to have fun but he just couldn’t force himself to get on the big rides. This time though, he wanted to at least try.

 

“Just… drag me along, it’s the only way.” Jiyong looked determined and Seunghyun did as he was told, laughing as they went in line. When it was finally their turn, the blonde almost held on to him like a baby monkey and once they were inside their small, red booth he peeled him off carefully. A couple of minutes passed before he was finally able to relax a little and Seunghyun sighed at the feeling of his fingers being played with. It was nice, comfortable and finally it seemed like the angel focused on something other than being scared.

 

“I can see everything from here!” He exclaimed happily and carefully maneuvered his way to the side to get a better view.

 

“Can’t you see everything from up there?” Seunghyun gestured towards the sky with a grin. Jiyong turned to look at him with a smile gracing his features. The smile that he would never tire of seeing was there and he absolutely loved it. Their hands shifted and tangled together as they reached the very top, knuckles brushing across each other and he moved his thumb along the soft skin.

 

“It’s not the same, I like this view better,” His voice sounded content. Without any further notice Seunghyun pulled him forward, rattling the booth, and made him sit next to him. Jiyong blushed an even darker shade of red after he felt a pair of lips on his cheek that travelled south to his neck, back up to his ear and the warm breath teasing his skin. Unconsciously their hands tightened and both of them were fighting a losing battle.

 

“Seunghyun…” Jiyong moaned before boldly turning sideways and capturing his lips with his own in a desperate manner. He didn’t want to restrain himself, he would allow himself to be selfish for once. Of course, Seunghyun had no complaints. Eagerly he returned the kiss and smirked when the angel held on to his shoulders for support as he pushed him backwards against the side of the booth, never letting go of those delicious lips. He placed one hand on his hip and the other caressed the beautiful jaw, urging him to open his mouth so he could deepen the kiss. Jiyong felt cornered and he loved the feeling of being pressed up against Seunghyun, feeling his warmth and strong, broad chest moving with his every breath. Shivers went through his body as Seunghyun kept relentlessly the insides of his mouth and on his tongue, he was fortunate to be sitting down because he was sure his knees would’ve buckled a long time ago.

 

When they finally separated with a last peck, they tried to quickly fix their clothing before they had to hurry outside. Even without speaking any words they could feel everything through their connection, never letting go of each other completely. Seunghyun felt like a teenager all over again but he figured Jiyong was the only one that could make him feel that way, making it perfectly acceptable. It was strange but absolutely wonderful at the same time.

 

“I wanted to continue for a while longer though…” He pouted. They were sitting on a bench, calming their racing hearts so they could continue their date without getting completely sidetracked. Jiyong held his hand while his other was on his own chest, feeling his beating heart and the dull pain coming from his insides. It seemed ok for now, nothing bad and he was relieved. The angel leaned on his shoulder slightly, wanting to close the distance between them as much as possible. He smiled at his words, trying not to be too flustered.

 

“What are we doing next, Seunghyun?”

 

“Well, I’m not hungry yet and you don’t like anything so I was thinking we could go for a walk until it gets dark and I’m famished.”

 

Jiyong liked the sound of that.

 

 

To be continued...

 

 

 

 

A/N: Soooo sorry for being slow omg. But reading other people's stories inspire me to write more... so keep updating your stories people! Haha, anyway, this was a bit short, next one will be more talking. Yep. I'm so sorry, I've been busy with university and new job.. 

Your comments are LOVE. Your subscriptions are LOVE. And thank you for reading <3 I love you all, thank you for being patient!