Star

One path to Heaven

 

"The treasures hidden in the heavens are so rich that the human mind shall never be lacking in fresh nourishment."

 

 

 

It was strangely comfortable being drawn back to consciousness. Jiyong had little experience with sleeping but if it was like this every time someone woke up, he would’ve loved having the ability to sleep. Somehow it didn’t feel like he’d slept but he still knew he had, remembering quickly what happened before everything went black. He wondered why he was able to wake up again but the thought disappeared as he shivered lightly. A warm hand was caressing his arm, leaving a tingling feeling on its trail as it moved up and down his skin. When Jiyong slowly opened his eyes he was met with a clothed chest that radiated warmth. It startled him nevertheless and he blinked, confused at the current situation and looked up. He was met by Seunghyun’s deep eyes staring into his with an emotion he couldn’t quite put his words on.

 

As quickly as he looked up, he was pulled into a bone crushing embrace that almost knocked the breath out of him. He welcomed it though, finally coming to his senses and breathed a sigh of relief into his chest. Wanting to get closer he curled his body into the other man’s, clutching onto his shoulders and pressing his forehead into his chest. The bed creaked but the sound was low compared to Seunghyun’s beating heart. Jiyong never knew he could feel this relieved and he thanked whoever came to his rescue. The larger man’s musky, familiar scent filled him with joy and he laughed soundlessly, letting his body vibrate as his shoulder shook.

 

“Oh God, Jiyong,” Seunghyun spoke into his hair, his deep voice full of joy as well. “Don’t ever do that again.”

 

Jiyong pushed himself away, wanting to see the other man clearly. When he could see Seunghyun’s familiar face, hair and eyes he couldn’t help but smile, his face splitting in two quickly. He wanted to apologize for going away like that but right now he couldn’t focus on anything except the bubbling happiness inside. He grabbed the opportunity to throw his arms around his shoulders one more time as Seunghyun sat up in protest, a small pout on his face. They fell backwards on the bed, both laughing for the first time although only Seunghyun’s deep voice could be heard. Seunghyun paid no mind because he could feel the angel shaking with happiness in his arms and that was all that mattered.

 

 When the bundle of joy in his arms calmed down, Seunghyun felt a weird sensation in his chest. It was unfamiliar but not entirely uncomfortable. At least he knew he was relieved the angel was awake but he was unsure of where to go from here. The thought was quickly pushed into the back of his mind because he didn’t want to worry about that now, the only thing he wanted was to apologize to the blonde. He tightened his hold unconsciously and while breathing in the sweet scent he swallowed nervously, unsure of Jiyong would forgive him or not.

 

“Jiyong,” The angel looked up from his chest and into his eyes with a comforting smile that made him more confident. “I was never really mad at you, I’m sorry.” He gulped and watched as the angel’s smile fell and he searched Seunghyun’s eyes. Jiyong was looking for any sign of truth and he was overjoyed to find that his deep eyes were as earnest as ever.

 

“It’s just, I want to say it now. Because I might be stupid and forget.” A tint of red appeared on the taller man’s cheeks. Why wasn’t Jiyong reacting? Did he screw everything up? He just kept staring into his eyes and it seemed like an eternity passed before the blonde smiled so widely that it practically relieved him of any worries he might have had in his life. The butterflies in his stomach started fluttering again and he had to look away from the other man.

 

 A warm hand cupped his cheek, making him focus on Jiyong again. The angel smiled before sitting back upright, Seunghyun following his movements and sitting in front of him in the middle of the bed. Jiyong was truly happy. If the world ended right now he would have no problems because he could experience these kinds of emotions with this man. He was even lucky enough to have this man give him a second chance to exist. His eyes were downcast, focusing on a spot on Seunghyun’s knee while he sorted everything in his mind. When he looked back up the other man was still watching him silently. Wanting to show Seunghyun how he felt, he grabbed the bigger hand in both of his own.

 

Seunghyun froze but hesitantly let him grab his hand and place it on his chest. He could feel his heart beating hard and fast, and that combined with the smile Jiyong had on his face made him practically melt inside. For the first time in many years he felt loved and he didn’t know what to do with himself. It was both overwhelming and beautiful at the same time, and he felt compelled to thank whatever deity made the blonde creature before him. He grabbed Jiyong’s hands and pulled him closer, their knees bumping into each other and the blonde gasped before blushing. It was as endearing as ever and it made his head spin, he was so full of Jiyong but he needed more.

 

Surprisingly Jiyong was the one who leaned forward again this time, eyes fluttering to his lips and back up to his eyes again before repeating it several times. He had his hands on Seunghyun’s knees as he leaned forward, wanting to capture his lips with his own. Everything happened in slow motion this time, the angel carefully closing the distance between them and the touch of their lips was so sweet he wanted to cry. He wanted to drown in Jiyong’s kisses even though they were nothing more than an innocent press of their lips. They had his heart beating out of his chest and his body instantly reaction to every touch. Seunghyun was about to card his hands through those blonde, silky strands when the pair were interrupted.

 

“Jiyon- Whoa, stop!” Seungri stumbled inside with a tray of food and immediately covered his eyes. Jiyong had separated from him as if burned, blush covering his face all the way to the tip of his ears and Seunghyun missed his touch like a starving man.

 

“Are you dressed?” The younger man peeked from between his fingers, laughing lightly.

 

“We are dressed, why would we be anyway?” Seunghyun bit out, annoyed at his friend but unable to stay completely mad. The angel had turned around in front of him and looked at Seungri quizzically. It seemed like his friend completely ignored his question and turned his attention to the blonde.

 

“Good morning, sleepyhead.” Jiyong laughed at the name, throwing his head back as his shoulders shook. “Finally you’re awake. I brought you food, though I just wanted to check up on you two.” He winked and Seunghyun quirked an eyebrow, scooting closer to Jiyong from behind.

 

“You know he doesn’t eat, right? Angels don’t, obviously.” He sighed before wrapping his arms around the smaller frame which went rigid in his arms. He rested his head on his shoulder and relaxed, not wanting to separate from the angel just yet. Seungri’s smile fell before he groaned.

 

“Are you kidding? Then you eat it hyung, I don’t care.” The tray was harshly put in front of the angel. Seunghyun laughed at his childish act and the angel smiled, wanting to thank Seungri and at the melodious sound coming from the bigger man. Seunghyun noticed that the blonde finally relaxed in his arms, leaning slightly back into his chest.

 

Jiyong attempted eating some of the vegetables anyway, to thank Seungri for making the food. It didn’t taste amazing but he could manage to swallow it without frowning too much. He felt nice and warm, safe in the other man’s embrace and he wondered if he was allowed to stay like that for just a little bit longer. Still a little flustered from the kiss before, he willed himself to focus and offered Seunghyun a piece of kimchi.

 

“Why don’t we go buy groceries later, I won’t have time tomorrow. Work starts early.” Seunghyun suggested and looked at Seungri while eating the piece of kimchi, who nodded in agreement. He liked keeping the younger man around, he was good company even though he could be a pain in the sometimes, and he was constantly reminded of it.

 

“You too, Jiyong.” He spoke into Jiyong’s shoulder. The smile he got in return had his chest tighten almost painfully and by then he figured that yes, he was royally screwed.

 

 

 

 

“This is the biggest supermarket within walking distance from hyung’s house, Jiyong.” Jiyong was in awe by Seungri’s explanation and the many rows of food and people bustling about the building. He had never been in such a place and marveled at how the roof was so high above the ground, wondering how they’d managed to build it. It was amazing, when the angels watched from above it didn’t seem as big as it was now.

 

“You’re blocking the way, go get beer.” Seunghyun stepped up behind them with a cart and pushed his friend with it playfully. Jiyong smiled, happy to see that the man was back to his old self. They had explained to him about Chaerin, Youngbae and Daesung and he had duly noted that he had to thank them properly later tonight. First he needed to thank Seunghyun properly, he wasn’t sure how but he would do everything within his abilities. But he couldn’t help being curious at the supermarket.

 

He held onto the cart as he and Seunghyun walked between various aisles, Jiyong burning everything into his memory. He wondered if he could try eating it, it would surely be fun even though it probably tasted terrible. Every time he turned a corner he got a warning from Seunghyun, telling him to look in front of him while walking so he didn’t crash into strangers. Completely absorbed in his own world, he jumped when the other moved a frozen crab in front of his face, waving it teasingly.

 

“We’re going to eat this sometime this week, you have to taste it.” Jiyong studied it curiously, wondering how you could eat a creature from the sea that didn’t even have meat. Luckily Seungri appeared with his beer and gave the angel a throughout explanation of what they were going to do with it, leaving him with a sour taste in his stomach. While they looked through the store Seunghyun amused Jiyong by letting him pick out a few inexpensive things he was curious about. He acted like a little child and he didn’t have it in him to stop the angel.

 

“So…” Seungri casually looked at him sideways as they watched Jiyong pick a cereal box. “Have you heard Jiyong’s voice yet?” Seunghyun blinked, he hadn’t really thought about it yet.

 

“No, I haven’t …” He trailed off.

 

“Well are you going to ask him? We heard Chaerin’s voice perfectly clear. I don’t know about Daesung and Youngbae though, they were kind of different.”

 

“Yeah, yeah I’m going to ask him later…” He really wanted to hear Jiyong’s voice. Why hadn’t Jiyong offered to speak to him before though, it perplexed him. The angel must’ve known how to communicate, did he purposely keep it a secret from him?

 

“I’m going to try, I want to hear it.” Seungri walked over to Jiyong and put a hand on his shoulder, startling him out of his cereal search. Seunghyun watched Seungri talk, his mouth a firm line, not quite liking the idea of him hearing his voice. He felt slightly possessive of the angel.

 

Jiyong stared at Seungri, unsure of how to react to the sudden request. He wanted to hear his voice, which was alright but it was the other part that scared him the most and it was also one of the reasons he didn’t want to do it with Seunghyun. By speaking to him, he would probably reveal all of his emotions at once and it scared him. He didn’t want the other man to hate him. Though with Seungri it might work out, he didn’t have any strong feelings regarding him except for friendship.

 

When he nodded tentatively, Seunghyun’s jaw dropped and he felt slight anger bubbling inside of him. Jiyong in air before using his powers to establish a link with Seungri. It was his first time trying this out except for when he was training and it was slightly scary. It was difficult finding the right words but as it was Seungri, the younger man quickly made him think about other things.

 

“I did this with Chaerin, just so you know.” The younger man smirked at him.

 

“I guessed right then, I am grateful.” Jiyong smiled at Seungri’s startled look but only a few careful words were exchanged before they started talking animatedly. It felt good to be able to talk to him, he felt more included that way.

 

A few minutes passed before Seunghyun grumpily brushed past them, not sparing them a single glance. It made Jiyong focus on him instead and smile apologetically at Seungri before hurrying after him, worried about what might’ve happened.

 

“Hyung is just jealous!” The younger man shouted after him, laughing loudly.

 

Seunghyun didn’t feel very jealous and reminded himself to hit Seungri later. Alright, maybe he was a little jealous but that was not the important part. His friend got to hear his voice before him and it annoyed him. He almost desperately wanted to hear Jiyong’s voice too but he also wanted to be the first one. Or maybe the only one.

 

The angel latched onto his arm, stopping him in his track and distracting him from his own mind. He was looking up at Seunghyun with a confused and even worried look and had Seunghyun been a bigger man he would’ve assured him that nothing was wrong, but alas he was not. He shook his head and continued walking, not caring whether Jiyong managed to keep up with him while holding onto his arm or not.

 

Unfortunately his plan didn’t last long because the blonde was persistent and in the end he just had to stop, sighing dramatically while turning his attention to him. It was difficult to stay annoyed at him. That and the sad puppy look he kept on his face had his resolve wavering. Quickly he pulled Jiyong around the corner between two shelves and kissed him firmly. Despite the weak protests coming from the blonde, he continued ravishing the delicious lips before releasing him with a last tug on his lower lip. Jiyong was breathing heavily with a dazed look on his face and Seunghyun struggled with his own arousal. Another moment passed and he finally gathered his wits enough to speak.

 

“Sorry, I just… I,” Jiyong was distracted by the way his lips moved. They were only separated by a few inches, breathing each other’s air heavily. “I want to hear your voice too.” He finally confessed, slightly embarrassed.

 

Just then Jiyong did something he never would have expected. He pulled away quickly, evading his touch and moving to the side with wide eyes. Seunghyun startled and looked at him with equally wide eyes.

 

“What?” He tried stepping towards Jiyong but the angel stepped back at the same time, keeping the distance between them. The blonde shook his head fervently and chewed on his lower lip. He didn’t know why but he was not ready to do that with the other man just yet. It was embarrassing and he almost panicked at the thought, not quite knowing what to do with himself.

 

“Seriously?” Jiyong looked up at Seunghyun whose voice darkened and became more serious. He seemed angry now. Seunghyun was pissed off, he wanted to know why he was different from Seungri. Why couldn’t he hear the voice he longed for since the day they met? It didn’t look like the blonde was about to tell him why and it made him even more aggravated.

 

“Fine, you just do what you want.” With that he left the angel and returned to the cart where Seungri was waiting.

 

Jiyong could feel his heart drop. He definitely handled that wrong but he panicked slightly. Still, he couldn’t talk to Seunghyun just yet, it was too frightening. He stood by himself for a few seconds, calming his heart and the blush on his face before Seungri came around to get him. He nervously walked alongside the younger man until they stood next to Seunghyun. The taller man just glanced at him before pushing the cart.

 

“Let’s go pay.” The tone of his voice made Jiyong wince, it was cold and harsh. Unconsciously he hid behind Seungri, biting his already abused lower lip hard. Seungri looked at him sympathetically and walked before him, bumping into the older man playfully to lighten the mood. Jiyong wondered if he should’ve just given in and talked to him like he wanted but he just couldn’t. He decided not to do it a long time ago and if Seunghyun got to know about everything it would all be a mess. Jiyong didn’t have the confidence he could fix that.  

 

The cashier went through all their items with a weird look because they had bought a lot of strange groceries. The angel still kept his distance by walking behind Seungri and put all their stuff into plastic bags together with him. In his mind he was constantly trying to find a solution to this current problem that was eating his in his mind.

 

On the other hand, Seunghyun was thinking something entirely different. He had decided the moment Jiyong avoided his touch that he was going to force it out of him, no matter what. Because the blush on his flustered face made it clear that it was possible, the angel just needed a bit of coaxing.

 

 

 

To be continued..

------

 

A/N: HI, I'm back! Life caught me again.. Anyway sorry this is so short but at least there's more of the cute! Just give me a message if it becomes too ridiculous. I try to improve! Thank you for all your nice comments and subsqriptions! I read everything you write, you are all the best <3