Constricted

One path to Heaven

 

 

 

The cool water slipped between his fingers, bringing the soap along with it and Seunghyun stared at it while deep in thought. There was nothing specific going through his mind but he’d stopped for a moment, taking in his whole situation and summed up yesterday’s events. He straightened his back and shook the water away from his hands, studying his reflection in the mirror.

 

It was safe to say he looked mildly better than before he met the angel. His cheeks had returned and the bags under his eyes were almost non-existent. It was all thanks to the angel of course, there was no denying that. Maybe all he needed was someone who could stay by his side, as cliché as it sounded he thought that might’ve just been the problem. Seungri was a valuable friend who he could somewhat talk to but he was only a friend. Past girlfriends came and went, none which he really cared about. He didn’t miss them but he did miss the human contact. However with Jiyong he needed everything. Every interaction, every smile and every touch from the angel left him wanting more no matter what and it frightened him. There were so many things that could go wrong. That night when Jiyong fell into a deep sleep he still remembered like it was yesterday and if it were to happen again he wasn’t sure if he could be strong enough to remain calm.

 

A deep sigh escaped his lips as he blinked to himself in the mirror before checking how he looked from both sides and his clear skin. It took him a few moments before he realized how ridiculous it was and walked outside, shaking his head and clearing his thoughts. He straightened his suit and went to get a cup of coffee he could bring with him and drink while Dongwook talked. Hopefully his boss was in a better mood than before, even after seeing Jiyong.

 

 

 

“Jiyong, come here.” Dongwook smiled and beckoned him over impatiently. The angel let out a breath before walking slowly towards him, feeling the air around them sparkling with tension. The other man smirked, eyes never leaving his frame. He raised his arm, ready to attack whenever the demon made a move and it seemed like he did the same. When they were only a few meters apart he stopped his movements, glaring at him intently. He hoped Seunghyun would not walk into the office and become involved in the fight, it would be too dangerous.

 

“What are you trying to do?” He spoke directly to the demon as he’d done before. Dongwook only smirked wider, chuckling darkly as if what Jiyong said was the funniest thing in the world. He took a step forward and Jiyong narrowed his eyes before he called for his own powers. Only a second passed before he was ready to strike but suddenly there was a sharp pain in his chest, as if his heart was ripped out. It took him by surprise and his stance faltered as he groaned, clutching the fabric of his own shirt.

 

He didn’t have time to react before the demon had a hold on his throat against the wall and was breathing into his ear. He spoke lowly and Jiyong struggled against him.

 

“You see, you are still weak. I need you to be in good shape when I devour you.” He emphasized it with a and Jiyong shivered. The pain in his chest was almost gone, only a dull ache left and it was nothing he couldn’t handle. When the demon pulled back and he managed to look into his eyes, he was shocked to see that it was the same demon that held Seunghyun and Seungri captive before. He had probably spent time tracking him down again, using Seunghyun and the power that emitted from the high angel and the gatekeeper to track him down.

 

“You couldn’t possibly defeat me with the power you have now. I suggest you keep this a secret from Seunghyun or I’ll have him fired and you’ll be gone before you’ve even managed to apologize for causing this.” He leered at the angel and Jiyong glared back, effectively kicking him in the stomach and making him stumble back a few steps. The blonde panted and held his throat. Regretfully, the demon was right; he would not be able to kill him without being destroyed himself. Also there was a high risk he would go after Seunghyun right after taking care of him.

 

“Why would you come back for me the second time? Don’t expect me to give up that easily, demon.” He bit out, disgusted at the smirk that only grew wider on Dongwook’s face.

 

“Because you have a lot of spirit power, I can feel you from miles away.” He shrugged, moving forward again and grabbing him in a flash. Jiyong smacked his head against the wall and the world spun furiously until he felt a pair of lips against his own. In his surprise he gasped and the demon used the opportunity to slip his tongue inside while he held his jaw firmly, keeping him in place. The blonde stopped struggling and tried ignoring the cold hands against his face that burned on his skin and the way the unwelcomed kiss continued until the demon was fed up and released him roughly.

 

Jiyong wiped his mouth and watched him return to his desk, sitting down like nothing had happened. He straightened up and considered giving it a shot and attack him head on right now. Jiyong felt angry and hopelessly deflated because he knew it was futile to fight him that moment.  He tried desperately to rack his brain for something but suddenly Seunghyun walked in, surprising him and thinking of an emergency plan B. Telling the other man about the demon was out of the question, at least right now. In his alarmed state he quickly ran to the other man’s side and pulled him out of the office by his arm, trying his best not to look too alarmed.

 

“Don’t forget what we talked about, Jiyong.” Dongwook chuckled behind them until they couldn’t hear him anymore. Seunghyun was too startled to react until they reached the elevator and he noticed the tension in the angel’s shoulders.

 

“What the hell happened?” Jiyong flinched and looked at him with wide eyes.  How would he fix this, he had to tell Seunghyun the truth in the end but not until they got home. Not until they were safe. Then he could come up with a good plan. The angel had confidence he could beat the demon, he just had to find a way to do it without harming Seunghyun. His lower lip suffered as he looked pleadingly up at the taller man and mouthed ‘home’ hoping that he wouldn’t ask any more questions.

 

Seunghyun noticed his distress but decided to deal with it at home. It seemed like that was what the blonde wanted and he would do anything he wished for. During the ride home he glanced over at the angel several times and noticed he was unconsciously pressing a hand to his chest and kept abnormally silent. If Dongwook had done something to him he would not hesitate in turning the car in a heartbeat and introduce him to a world of pain.

 

When they arrived home, the pain in Jiyong’s chest had subsided completely and he felt more at ease. It was nothing he couldn’t handle but the unfamiliar sensation made him a little uncomfortable. Maybe he could ask the High angel about it later. First he had to explain the whole thing to Seunghyun and he sat down next to him on the couch. He laid out a piece of paper and grabbed his feather pen. He wrote Dongwook in big letters before drawing a demon and looking expectantly at the other’s face. It took Seunghyun a moment before he realized what was going on.

 

“Dongwook is… a demon?” He asked incredulously but Jiyong shook his head. The blonde frowned and drew a transparent demon over Dongwook in his best abilities and Seunghyun tried guessing again.

 

“He’s possessed?” Seunghyun had only seen this in movies, he would never have guessed it was possible in real life. Even though an angel was sitting next to him drawing it out for him, he still felt ridiculous for even trying to remain serious. Either way Jiyong nodded eagerly, smile long gone and replaced by a thin line.

 

As Jiyong waited for a reaction, some kind of life-sign from Seunghyun, the latter took some time to process it. Dongwook had always been a good friend of him and he could’ve never imagined him being anything other than himself.  

 

“Wait, so… is there anything we can do? I mean you… Can we save him?” To his relief Jiyong’s smile returned and the angel nodded, letting him release a breath he didn’t know he was holding.

 

The angel knew he had to ask for help, he didn’t know when his powers would return completely. Having the High Angel come down to earth for the second time would be far too dangerous so he opted for the gatekeeper. Youngbae was powerful and surely such a demon would be nothing but easy for him to deal with.

 

Seunghyun still remained silent, his brain turning wheels in his head while Jiyong tried to get a hold of Youngbae through silent prayers.

 

 

This was really too much for him to handle.

 

 

 

 

“Youngbae!” Seungri exclaimed happily when the gatekeeper appeared in front of the three men with a fond smile. Somehow Seungri had snuck in when Seunghyun didn’t notice. He figured it might’ve been because he was familiar with his friend running in and out of his house without any restraints. The way Seungri was eyeing the gatekeeper had him wondering if he was actually checking him out and an eyebrow automatically shot up in amusement for just a second.

 

The gatekeeper smiled at all three of them before focusing on Jiyong. It seemed like they couldn’t talk since the High angel wasn’t close and in the two men’s eyes’ it looked more like Jiyong and Youngbae had a silent staring competition with random gestures.

 

“I can’t stay for too long but until tomorrow should be fine.” Youngbae nodded at the blonde’s plea. Jiyong knew he could count on his friend, even though he’d already received too much. He couldn’t help stepping forward and threw his arms around his neck in a friendly hug which he happily returned. Seunghyun choked slightly at the sight before shifting awkwardly.

 

“So uh, can you tell me what’s going on?”

 

“Please, can you talk to him? I will… soon.” Jiyong asked the gatekeeper with a small smile. The other man sighed slightly before walking over to Seunghyun and resting his hand on his shoulder. The taller stiffened slightly but tried his best to seem calm.

 

“I’ll stay here until tomorrow and then we’ll do something about the demon possessing your friend.” It was a simple answer that Seunghyun found a lot of comfort in and he let a small grin appear on his face.

 

“Thanks.” The gatekeeper nodded at him before settling himself on the couch, Jiyong joining him quickly. The two angels were having a conversation in their own little world and thankfully Seungri was around to keep him distracted. At least he could play around for a few hours until his eyelids were shutting on their own accord.

 

 

“I’ve been feeling this pressure in my chest,” Jiyong held a hand over his heart after he explained what happened when he tried to fight the demon. “It’s not painful now, I think, it’s more like a dull throb. I don’t know.” The blonde frowned slightly, hoping his friend might have the answer to his problems.

 

Strangely enough, the gatekeeper smiled. But it was a sympathetic smile that unnerved Jiyong. He didn’t like it, it seemed like something bad would happen.

 

“What? What is it?”

 

“It means you’ve been doing a good job,” Youngbae patted him on the shoulder. It was safe to say he felt mildly confused but maybe he was overreacting and it wasn’t actually a big deal. Jiyong wanted to pry further but before he managed to speak another word, Seungri flopped down on the couch next to him and sprawled himself over the two angels. It made him laugh, momentarily forgetting what they were talking about.

 

“Hyung is sleeping, I’m bored.” The younger man whined and looked at the two angels expectantly. The gatekeeper ruffled his hair, earning a scowl before he held onto his shoulder, talking casually with his new friend. Jiyong couldn’t help but laugh at all the questions Seungri asked them, he was like a small, curious child and he thought it was a little endearing. Youngbae enjoyed indulging him and in the end Jiyong managed to stealthily sneak away so he could visit Seunghyun and check in on him.

 

As expected he was sleeping soundly in his bed and Jiyong spent a few minutes looking at his peaceful face, resisting the urge to crawl into the bed and lie next to him. He imagined it would be warm and safe, being close to the man always made him feel that way. A few more moments passed and he found himself unable to resist the temptation. He carefully checked if Seungri and Youngbae might’ve been looking for him but it seemed like they were busy talking. Tip toeing silently over to the bed he paused for a second, making sure he didn’t wake Seunghyun. It seemed like he was safe for the time being and placed himself on the edge of the bed with a smile. Slowly he removed a few strands of hair that curled themselves on his forehead, affection bubbling in his chest so much it was almost overwhelming.

 

For a little while, Jiyong wished he could sleep too, he wanted to be able to settle in his arms and fall asleep together. He noticed they had become quiet in the living room and guessing by the time that at least his younger friend had passed out.

 

A hand reached out and pulled the angels wrist, causing him to fall on his back before he was manhandled onto his side and curled against a firm, warm body. Jiyong gasped feeling Seunghyun pressed against him and his breath in his neck. Still, a smile appeared on his lips that he had difficulties removing and he held onto Seunghyun’s hand tightly.

 

“You should just sleep here with me all the time,” His deep voice was heavy with sleep and the blonde laughed silently. He would not mind doing just that, even though it was impossible for him to sleep, laying here would be enough. Feeling a bit bold he turned around in the tight grip which became looser because Seunghyun was returning to his dreamland. He glanced at the handsome face before blushing and hiding himself in the warm chest that evenly rose and fell while he slept. 

 

 

To be continued..

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hey and sorry! Suddenly I'm super busy with Uni and stuff. But I'm trying to make time to write! I always miss writing. This chapter became a little short (and maybe a little strange) because I've kept like half of it for a long time and then I became busy.. I'll try to have the next chapter up faster! Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting, I love you all <3 And omg One of a kind released today, I fell in love all over again <3<3