Music

One path to Heaven
"Make yourself familiar with the angels, and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen, they are present with you."  --  St. Francis de Sales

 

 

 

Jiyong immediately regret opening his mind to Seunghyun. He didn’t want to be selfish; if the other man wanted to check on Dongwook it was perfectly alright. Maybe Seunghyun would be mad at him and he certainly would not be able to handle that. Not after everything they’d gone through. It took him a second to realize what he’d done and remembering how to let go of Seunghyun’s wrist carefully. However the taller didn’t let him run away that easily and grabbed his hand before he could make an escape.

 

The voice he heard in his head was smooth although clearly sad, and it was like music to his ears. Seunghyun had been afraid he’d been expecting too much, daydreaming too much about the angel’s voice so that when he decided to speak it would disappoint him. Luckily that was not the case. Unlike every time he’d spoken with Youngbae, he now could feel a wave of emotions hit him in the face and travel through his body. It was warm, the feelings he guessed were transferred from the angel like Chaerin had told him was possible. Maybe it was involuntary but at least now Seunghyun clearly knew how the angel felt about him and that was a huge relief for him.

 

Judging by Seunghyun’s dumbstruck expression Jiyong felt that he might’ve revealed something he wasn’t supposed to. Still, the other didn’t let go of his hands and bent forward slowly as Jiyong leaned back, embarrassed.

 

“Say that again.”

 

The blonde opened his mouth a few times, no words emerging because he was too flustered and unsure of whether it was a good idea or not. In the end he caved, giving in to his request simply because he was unable to deny Seunghyun anything.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude,” Jiyong spoke quickly, face turning redder by the minute. “You should call Dongwook and check on him.” It took Seunghyun a few moments before he managed to accept the fact that Jiyong was actually talking. Talking to him. He was able to hear his voice. He would’ve cheered but opted to surge forward and envelop the angel in a bone-crushing hug, startling him.

 

As soon as the big smile appeared on Seunghyun’s face, Jiyong could feel the warmth coming from the humans mind. His emotions spoke a thousand words and the angel almost cried at the intensity. Their minds mixed together through the connection they had established was overwhelming and they both had to keep quiet for a moment so they could sort out their jumbled thoughts.

 

“Say something else.” After an excruciating silence he chuckled into Jiyong’s shoulder, wanting to hear his voice again.

 

“Seunghyun,” It was soft and the blonde tightened his hold on Seunghyun, still flushed from earlier. The taller had never thought his name could sound that perfect, never had he felt a joy compared to this just from someone saying his name. Simultaneously Jiyong could feel how happy it made Seunghyun and even though it embarrassed him to no end he would not hesitate to do it again. Having Seunghyun find about his feelings was no longer a problem, it was if a weight lifted off his shoulders and dissipated into nothing and he could finally breathe.

 

“,” He tried not to choke on his own words as he spoke into the delicate skin, feeling the shivers going through the lithe body. “Why haven’t you spoken to me before.” It wasn’t really a question, Seunghyun just wanted the mood to lighten before he did something he might regret later. With a massive amount of willpower he pulled back to look at the beautiful face as he spoke, something he had been waiting for forever.

 

“Because I like you too much,” The way his lips moved was fascinating, as if he’d never seen anyone speak before. “I’m sorry, just call Dongwook if you want to, I’ll wait here.” Seunghyun snorted.

 

“You really think I’m going to call him now, this is way more important. He’s on hold for a while.” A slow finger brushed across his lips, mapping them all over again gently and Jiyong couldn’t help but inhale sharply.

 

Finally though, a smile appeared on the angel’s face and he leaned forward to push their foreheads together while their limbs tangled automatically, knees knocking against each other. Jiyong’s melodic laugh sounded all the way through his soul and when he gently pressed their lips together it felt like their first time all over again. The angel couldn’t resist circling his arms around Seunghyun’s shoulders and sighed contently into the kiss, the smile never fading from his lips.

 

“How could you keep that voice from me all this time?” A childish pout formed on the handsome face and it took Jiyong about two seconds to become flustered again. This time though, Seunghyun reveled in not only watching his expressions but also anticipating his voice that he’d fallen in love with instantly.

 

“It wasn’t about the voice…” Jiyong chewed on his lower lip. “Just that you would know what I was feeling and I would know about yours… I wasn’t sure if you wanted that.”

 

Seunghyun leaned back in to close the unwanted distance between them and brushed their noses against each other slowly. He was still overwhelmed by everything, he had never guessed that just hearing the angel’s voice would do this to him. Slowly he placed butterfly kisses along his lips, cheek and down his neck.

 

“Well, now you know I don’t mind.” He muttered against the crook of his neck. Jiyong had trouble replying but there was something he had to get of his mind.

 

“Seunghyun…” He stuttered.

 

“Mm?”

 

“Thank you for saving me, I will never forget what you did.” Seunghyun paused with an amused smirk.

 

“Yeah you owe me now, better make up for traumatizing me like that.” The expression on the blonde’s face was priceless and a bit too serious making it difficult to keep his laughter from spilling out. Jiyong cupped his face before looking at him worriedly.

 

“Traumatized? Seunghyun, I’m so sorry, I’ll make it up to you!” Surprisingly Seunghyun only sighed dramatically before leaning back on the couch.

 

“No, it’s impossible. I think it’s too late, Jiyong.” He croaked, a smile dangerously threatening to form. A pair of hands shot out and grabbed the angel, pulling him into a hug again. Now that he had the luxury of being able to actually communicate properly with Jiyong he wasn’t ready to distance himself quite yet, because he noticed that as soon as he stopped touching him he also stopped hearing the wonderful music that was his voice. And that was not an option.

 

Jiyong struggled a bit in his grip before he calmed down and his breathing evened out. He turned his head to look up from his chest and into his deep eyes instead. Their position was mighty awkward but somehow it worked and neither felt like moving an inch. Both of them remained silent for a few seconds until Jiyong had to lean up and press his lips against his, missing the warmth that bubbled in his chest every time. Not much time passed until Seunghyun was unable to keep his cool anymore and tilted the angel’s head backwards to deepen the kiss, earning a surprised moan from the other. The sound went straight south in Seunghyun, spurring him on further to slip a hand underneath Jiyong’s shirt to caress the soft skin of his side.

 

“…Hyun!” Jiyong gasped as his body trembled from the touch. This was definitely not something he was used to but he didn’t have it in him to resist the other man. He felt lips trail from his lips and down his neck, drawing a familiar path down to his collarbone and it had the angel completely undone. Though Seunghyun pulled himself together and ended it with one last kiss to his cheek before sighing, slightly frustrated at his own arousal. He was almost a hundred percent sure that if he continued, the angel would up and run away quickly. That would be even worse than the blue balls he would have later.

 

The blonde blinked a few times, confused as to why he pulled away. He had to grab his hand carefully again so the man would know what he said now that they’d finally started talking.

 

“What’s wrong, Seunghyun?”

 

“Nothing… nothing’s wrong.” He groaned, turning his hand to brush his fingers over the delicate knuckles. “Come on, let’s get some food.” Slowly picking himself up he pulled the angel along, hoping there was something edible in the fridge. Meanwhile Jiyong blushed at the action, secretly happy that he now had an excuse to touch Seunghyun whenever he wanted to. It was easy for him to feel ashamed of himself, the selfishness of his actions being greater than ever. But still, the happiness he felt made it worth it and it escaped his mind like any other trivial matter.

 

Now Seunghyun felt his shoulders relax. He knew Dongwook was safe and Jiyong finally spoke to him, it was like whatever god was up there finally granted him some good fortune. It was safe to say that he hadn’t been this happy in quite some time and he knew exactly who to thank for it. Seunghyun had long ago decided that he only wanted the best for Jiyong, not wanting to see anything other than the breathtaking smile on his face. Then suddenly an idea popped into his mind.

 

“Seunghyun…” There was a small pull on his hand that drew him back to reality. Jiyong’s voice was small and careful as he looked at him questionly.

 

“Jiyong?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Wanna go on a date?” Jiyong frowned, his brows knotting together as he tried to understand the meaning behind those words.

 

“Date…?” He repeated slowly and Seunghyun poked his brows to even them out because it was too adorable to watch.

 

“Don’t worry, you’ll enjoy it,” He grinned and Jiyong mimicked him carefully, still not completely knowing what they were going to do. “Tomorrow, what do you say we go out? Not any club, I promise.”

 

Even though he still felt a little confused he liked the sound of spending the whole day with the other man, and just that would be great in itself. So he nodded eagerly, loving how easily a smile covered Seunghyun’s features. The pair was silent for a moment until the taller spoke again.

 

“I think we should stop staring at the fridge, I’m going to eat.” He let go of the angel’s hand unconsciously, forgetting that he wouldn’t be able to hear his voice until they touched again. Jiyong hiccupped at the loss but it was alright because he knew that the next time they touched, which would probably be fairly soon, he could talk and convey his feelings to Seunghyun without any worries.

 

Just the thought of it made his heart beat painfully hard in his chest.

 

 

 

 

To be continued...

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: A load of fluffy rainbows!! Hope you enjoyed it~~ I love all your feedback <3 Soon something is going to happen... but I won't reveal when. Hopefully their date will go smoothly.