The YG Family Show

Becoming a Kpop Star

We go into the set and I see...Oh my God...TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am dying inside fangirling so bad. TOP!!! The man who I looked up to for confidence the my....I can't even think correctly! He looks so much more handsome in person. Even if hes 27 years old now I still think hes incredibly handsome. I always looked up to him he was my main bias. I tried to look away and sat next to Yuri. She must of noticed my fan girling because she put her hand on my shoulder.

"Ari you need to calm down. I know you are still a fangirl but you must still keep calm because your image depends on it. Keep distance between the others for now okay?"

I looked down at my feet biting my lip and sighed. "okay fine I'll try my best.." The others sat down and the show began.

"Welcome Everyone!! This is another edition of YG FAMILY! This time with a new group that has recently debuted named Mystery. The group has four members starting from oldest to youngest: Yuri, Mitch, Ari, and Alice. They have 2 American Koreans. And for the first time in kpop history a Hispanic American Korean named Ari. She is 18 years old. Right Ari?"

I blush at the sudden attention ahh! Why am I the first they pick at?! Why wasn't it Yuri?! I smile and look at the MC

"Yes I am. My mother is Hispanic and my father is Korean and I was born in the United States."

"Ahh very interesting! There are not many Korean and Hispanic couples. What languages do you know Ari?"

"Um...Well I know Korean, English, Spanish, and a little Japanese."

"WOOOOW! You will have more international fans! Very good do all the members know English?"

"Aniyo..." Mitch says looking at Alice thinking she is making her statement obvious.

The MC turns back to look at me. "Ahh...aniyo our youngest member Alice does not know English she only knows Korean and Japanese"

The MC turns to Alice. "No English? Do you know any at all Alice?" Alice turns bright red and everyone laughs. "Ahh I see Mystery has a shy member." 

"Yes Alice is strange though MC she acts all conceited and cool when we practice or preform and when we meet new people she is extremely shy!" Yuri says. "Ahhh..."

"The first day I met the other members she was the only one who did not come up to me and introduce herself to me. The other members told her to introduce herself and I did not even know she was there because she was so quiet. She didn't even come up to me to introduce herself she just yelled across the room her name!" I said and everyone began to laugh. 

That feeling felt good being confident and telling a story. My image might not get ruined as long as I don't look at Seunghyun. I was able to calm myself as I was out of the spotlight and the other idols began to talk about their life. After all the members of Big Bang talked the MC looked at me then TOP.

"Ari...your manager told me that before you shot your first music video he told you to dye your hair and allowed you to dye it any color you wanted." "Yes?"

"Yes and I just realized that you have the exact hair color as TOP did during the ALIVE era..."  

Crap...I turned bright red. No one had ever noticed that before what do say...Oh my...Crap Crap Crap!!!

"Was there a specific reason for that?"

...Craap! Okay what would a good idol do...lie? But I'm not a good liar in front of a lot of people! I can't ahhh I'll just be honest...

"Actually...I know this may sound strange as I've never heard an idol say it before. But...I'm a big fan of kpop and Big Bang..." They all looked at me waiting for me to say more on how that connects to my hair being blue.

"And...a very very big fan of TOP...as he is  one of my favorite people in kpop. And the manager had just out of no where told me to dye my hair and I really liked TOP's hair during the ALIVE era so I went with that color since I look up to him a lot..."

It was dead silent...What the hell did I just say?! They must think I was flirting with TOP CRAPP!!! WHAT AM I DOING AND THIS IS GOING TO BE ON TV!!! WHAT AM I THINKING?! They started laughing...Everyone just laughing. I got really red again and for some reason turned to look at TOP. He was smiling...So...cute...He is so cute...

"What do you think about this TOP?" the MC said as the attention went to TOP...Such tension. He looked at me and then the MC. 

"I don't really understand why she picked me out of all the kpop idols...Why am I her favorite...Why does she look up to me?"

The MC turned to me again. "That is a good question why did you pick him Ari?"

This is going to go back and forth isn't it? Why didn't I just lie? Well might as well just be honest.

"Um...Because well...I had noticed he always had strong confidence wherever he was. He would always act so cool and always look so handsome in any situation. Also unlike other idols he used to be chubby and worked hard to loose weight quickly to be an idol and even though sometimes he can be awkward he is still confident. His confidence gave me hope because I was a very shy person that couldn't even look people in the eye so I really admire him." I stopped myself before I went on more.I WAS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE THAT HONEST!!! Suddenly I saw TOP get up from his seat and walk over to me and he hugged me and patted my head. 

"SKIN SHIP SKIN SHIP SKIN SHIP" They all said. "You are very sweet Ari. Thank you for picking me I am glad I helped you in some way" TOP said and smiled walking back to his seat.

The MC laughed "Our first idol fangirl with TOP as her favorite!" 

...

I didn't listen to rest of what they were saying they had moved on to someone else and I could not stop thinking about TOP. My bias looked at me. My bias talked to me. My bias touched me. My bias knows I exist. 

The show had ended and we all went back to the dressing room to get our stuff and leave. "TOP talked to me guys!!!" I said excitedly to the girls.

They looked as the were about to laugh and stopped and walked away...What in the world? I felt a hand on my shoulder.