Ready To Go

Becoming a Kpop Star

Finally, I'm ready to go to Seoul. I already auditioned and everything! I'm excited but nervous they are paying for my ticket and everything but its still not 100% official. I was still a bit surprised I mean I'm not all that talented but they still chose me. I'm 16 and half Asian and half Hispanic but I don't like mentioning the Hispanic part very much since many people say its weird. An Asian and a Hispanic together? Weird. Well at least I know how to speak Spanish which I don't know if any kpop idols know how so I might get Hispanic fans as a plus. I feel bad abandoning my family so early but this is what I really want. I bite my thumb looking into the bright light I'm here finally. When I arrive I head outside quickly and see my name on a sign and head over.

A 27 year old looking guy looks at me and smiles.

"Hello are you Ari?" "...Yes thats me are you here to pick me up?"

"Yes I will be teaching you everything you need to know to be a trainee. But first I need to make sure of a few things. Please answer honestly okay?"

"Um...okay." "My boss wants to verify the information we have about you and make sure you are the girl we called in for. Firstly, based on the information we have you know Spanish as you are a half Korean and half Hispanic. Am I correct so far?"

I look at him a bit annoyed with the fact that I have to even go through this. " Yes you are correct."

"Okay now please say two full sentences in Spanish. Oh, and if you cannot you will be sent back."

I roll my eyes in my mind and stop myself I shouldn't be so rude I should be grateful I'm even here. "Okay. Hola, me llamo Ari y estoy bien contenta de estar aqui. Muchas gracias por escojer me."

"Okay...Good job now translate because I don't know Spanish"

"Okay, I said hello my name is Ari and I'm very happy to be here. Thank you so much for picking me." He smiled at me.

"Good! Now lets go I have to show you the other trainees." "ye.." I looked at him confused "Thats it? I thought there was more..." "Well there is but you look like a trust worthy person so you better be!"

Once we get there he shows me the other trainees and I felt very guilty inside. They were practicing and looked very talented and beautiful. And to make it worse they weren't wearing any make up!

"Girls this is the other member her name is Ari she is 16 years old and from America. Please treat her well and teach her about how things work here nicely please remember she is going to be with you for a long time so don't leave a bad impression."

And with that he leaves. Wow what a lazy guy he tells me hes going to guide me through everything and he just is making the other trainees do it for him. He didn't even tell me his name...what a weirdo...

"Hey." I look up instantly a girl with long black hair walks closer to me as the other girls just stare at me. "I'm Yuri I'm the oldest member here since I'm 19. I'm also half Korean and American but I've been living in Seoul for 5 years now so I can help you out okay?"

"Thank you..." She smiles at me and another girl comes and looks at me.

"I'm Mitch I'm full Korean but I know English well so communication with me shouldn't be a problem. But I must warn you I hate it when foreigners  don't pronounce things right so don't get offended if I correct you."

"So all of us know English then?"

"No...the youngest is full Korean and only knows Korean and Japanese. Alice come and introduce yourself all of us will be together for a very long time so don't leave a bad impression!" Yuri said looking at Alice but Alice didn't move.

"HEY I'M ALICE I'M 15 AND I'M SHY." she yelled from across the room. I laughed and the other girls looked at me confused. "What? I just think its funny how she says shes shy and yells from across the room and shes training to be a kpop star."

"Oh right we didn't explain. Alice is a bit weird when we practice its like shes not shy but when around new people she is really shy."

-2 years later-

The results to see if we will debut all together finally arrived. The guy who was meant to tell me about being a trainee on day one arrived. "Hello again girls. I will be your manager for those of you who will debut." I bit my lip hard...for those of us who will debut?! Who won't? 

"The results are that you will all debut! Congratulations!!" ....What the hell is wrong with this guy? It wasn't even funny he gave us all a mini heart attack and hes going to be our manager? Oh God...

"You will all debut as a group called 2ne2." "WHAAAAAAAAAT?! 2NE2?!! WE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE LIKE 2NE1? NO I CANNOT BE LIKE 2NE1 THEY ARE TOO GOOD!!!" The manager laughed at us like a crazy man. "I got you! I'm kidding you will debut as Mystery in a month so practice hard and review all the songs. Your music video will be shot tomorrow. Sorry for the late notice. And thats it okay bye." He left just like that...We all stood there speechless.

"Our manager is horrible...We are shooting a music video tomorrow and debuting in a month and he tells us now?!" Yuri says yelling. 

"I agree he is a horrible manager but at least we are all debuting together!" I say and smile. "Yeah you're right Ari I'm glad we will be staying together." 

The manager randomly comes back and looks at me "You...you will dye your hair for the music video." "What why?!" "You need to stand out since you are a halfy" "So Yuri is too!" "Yes but you are not American and Korean you are American Korean Hispanic you must stand out." "..Fine...but what color?" "I don't know whatever color okay? Bye."

-2 months later-

"Why haven't we been allowed to see our music video yet manager?" "Because thats for the fans its not necessary to see it you were in it." "But I want to know how it turned out in the end!" I said angry why is he like this? "Not necessary now tell the others to go get ready you have a show for YG family in 2 hours to introduce yourselves to everyone." 

...He still tells us things at short notice. What a horrible manager how has he not gotten fired yet? I run and tell the girls. "WHAR A SHO? NOW? WAE HE NO TER US?" "Alice shut up you can't talk in English just talk in Korean what kind of accent is that anyway?" Yuri says. I laugh she has been trying to learn English on her since she says she feels left out.

"What the hell are you doing Ari hurry up and get ready we only have an hour!" Yuri says and pushes me. I get ready with a matching outfit as my hair. Well I hope I leave a good impression.