The Beginning

Until I Met You

 

 

Wooyoung's P.O.V.

High School. They say that being a high school student is the best thing that can happen in your life. Well indeed it was the most exciting and happiest experience that I ever had. It was during those times that I met the person that changed my life but before my life as a high school student started the road to it was never easy. I could still remember everything like it was just like yesterday. 

It was February the month of hearts when I took the exam that would change my whole life.

It was the entrance exam to this prestigious school. Thousands of students apply for a chance to get accepted in that school. The school is well known for its achievements in every field of learning possible especially in music and the arts. Getting accepted to this kind of school was really hard. The competition is fierce and to add challenge to it the school only accepts 120 students per year. I don't know if it was mere luck or if I was really that smart that I was one of the lucky 120 students who passed. Kidding aside, I was really surprised when the results were released. I never knew that I would be accepted to such school. My parents were really proud of my accomplishment, well as you see it's not everyday that this kind of opportunity comes. 

The first day of classes came in a bliss. Everyone around seems to be very busy. I roam my eyes around looking for familiar faces in the crowd of students who were gathering at the auditorium. There were few faces that I recognized but most of them were people I don't know. Suddenly an anouncement was heard from the speakers. 

"All studnets please settle down." 

Everyone looked at the person who was in front. It was the school principal and he was standing ther in front of all of us waiting for everyone to settle down.It was like this every year. The principal would always welcome the new students and give them a brief background of the school's history, mission and vision, rules and regulations. Everyone seemed really excited studying here and they were all ears listening to the principal. I was one of those  who was  intently listening. I was never the person to break the rules. I was always willing and ready to do everyhting that was expected of me. You could say that I was someone who tends to be a follower or the good one. 

The principal ended his speech by welcoming us to the school. Everyone clapped their hands and after that all the students proceeded to their respective classrooms. Since it was just the first day of classes, there is nothing much to do. Formal lectures would start the following day. As I enter the classroom it seems that everyone had found a place to sit. I roamed my eyes and saw a vacant seat just near the window. I immediately went there and placed my bag on the desk making a claim that that certain seat is mine. As I sat down I can feel that someone was staring at me. I looked slowly to my right and there was a boy who was looking at me curiously. I raised one of my eyebrow and eyed him carefully not missing any detail of his facial features. I am not really a friendly person. I don't want to be the first one to approach. I don't know why but I just find it very uncomfortable. 

Ok back to the boy, he has a cute face I should say. He has thick eyebrows and he has that pair of eyes that can pierce right thruogh anything. As I was looking at the boy, he smiled at me. I was dumb struck. Why would a complete stranger smile so friendly at me? Ok from that moment on I concluded that he was a weird person. 

He handed his right hand to me and introduced himself. 

"Hi my names Nickhun" He said so friendly. 

I was hesitant at first to reach my hand to his but somehow his smile gave me something that I could trust and befriend such person. So I grabbed his hand and shake it and I told him my name. 

"Hello, I'm Wooyoung" I introduced myself in the same friendly tone that he introduced himself. 

After a few minutes, the teacher came in and told us that we have to interview our seatmate and find out more about them. I looked at Nickhun who was already looking at me and guess what he's smiling again. Why does he always smile? Does he find me funny? I'm not even making jokes. I just sighed and sat nearer to him. He was the first to ask questions. I was hesitant answering him but then again this is an activity so I'm forced to carry it on. 

"So, how old are you?" He asked 

"I'm 13" I answered and he smiled again. 

"I'm 14 and that means I'm your hyung!" He happily said. 

I just stared at him not responding. Then he stopped smiling and I was gald that he was not smiling anymore. Maybe he sensed the akward aura that I'm sending him. He just shrugged it off and he continued asking questions. 

Through the series of questions I learned a lot of things about him. He has a sister, he lives somewhere in a subdivision, he's 14, he always smile and he's really cute. Wait a minute did I just say cute? 

While I was having a mental battle with myself, the bell rang and the class ended. As I reached for my bag and was about to go and grab some snack at the cafeteria, Nickhun was behind me asking me to come along with him. Since I don;t know anyone and everybody seems that they are all getting along well, I just went with him to the cafeteria. 

The cafeteria was really huge. There were a lot of students and you can clearly identify who were freshmen from those who were not. All the freshmen seemed to be awed at the sight of the cafeteria. I guess everyone would be. The cafeteria was more like a restaurant. The food smells great and the ambiance is really amazing. It makes me feel that I want to live here. 

As I was still in awe, Nickhun managed to get a table for us. I was surprised when someone suddenly dragged me to a table. I sat there facing him. 

"So what do we do now?" I asked him 

"Duh, we eat of  course" He said in a matter of fact tone. 

I slapped myself mentally for that stupid question. Indeed, stupid questions are really stupid. 

As we got our food, I immediately ate mine to avoid converstaions and so that I can already go to my next class. Nickhun saw what I was doing and then he also huriedly ate his food. It was like we were on a race. It was fun I got to admit though. After eating I looked at him and he's smiling yet again. 

"Why are you smiling?" I asked him somehow feeling annoyed

"Nothing" and he smiled again. 

"I have to go now" 

"Where are you going?" he asked me 

"To my next class"

"What's your next class?" 

I looked at my class schedule and then looked at him and replied. 

"Music class." 

"Oh that's great! That's my next class too!" He said excitedly. 

I looked at him curiously and asked him if I could see his class schedule. To my surprise...we all have the same class. It seems that I am stuck wiht him. Oh well, just my luck.