Masks, Lies, Secrets and The Dreadful Reality

The Endless Love Tetralogy: Autumn in Paris
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

AN UPDATE. TAKE A LOOK AND ENJOY :)

 

 

 

ǁ TWENTY - EIGHT ǁ

 

M - Masks, Lies, Secrets and The Dreadful Reality

 

“I thought about how there are two types of secrets: the kind you want to keep in, and the kind you don't dare to let out.”

― Ally Carter, Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover

 

 

 

Kwon Yuri barely reached his own apartment when suddenly his phone rang. He stared at the display adamantly, confused somehow.

 

“Allo?” He said after attached it consummately on his right ear. Stepping inside his living room, he the lights then headed toward the kitchen.

 

“Yuri?” Jean-Daniel Hanney’s voice was all anxious, panicking. “Yuri, are you with Claire right now?”

 

Yuri hesitated for a second.

 

“No.” He said, at last.

 

“Did you just meet her?” His voice grew from anxious to demanding.

 

Yuri frowned. What happened? Was he upset? Angry? Mad? Should he tell him the truth or lied through his teeth?

 

“Yes. We met briefly to take a walk.” He answered slowly.

 

Yuri could hear him gasped at that moment. “Have you told her about it?”

 

“What do you mean, Monsieur?”

 

“The secret!” Jean-Daniel Hanney said frantically. “Have you told Claire about that secret?!”

 

Yuri couldn’t understand that, but. “I haven’t…”

 

He cut off, mercilessly. “But she already knows the truth!”

 

In a heartbeat, Yuri’s sense went numb, frozen like ice. “She …she knew it?” He repeated, pretended not to hear it clearly.

 

Jean-Daniel almost yelled over the phone, his voice was trembling now. “She just called me and she was crying!”

 

“Crying?” He started to act like a total idiot who kept on repeating himself.

 

“I’ve never heard my daughter cry like that before.” Jean-Daniel desperately said. “It seems like she is almost hysterical.”

 

Hysteric? His head was throbbing and spinning in pain.

 

Too much pain.

 

Back then he was still with Jessica, the girl seemed fine and composed, although he couldn’t help but to notice the girl’s unusual voiceless, a little subdued. But, he shoved everything he had in mind to the back of his head and thought that Sica was just having a problem and it would be gotten better by itself. But if you think about it carefully, lately that blonde girl seemed to always avoid him, grew distant and turned into her passive self, her habit was strange too. Did she really already know?

 

“I could not reach her, Yuri.” Jean-Daniel voiced out again. “She was not in her apartment and she didn’t pick up all of my calls. Please… please look for her, Yuri. Please...”


Yuri hung up the phone and rooted still on the ground, as if he was thinking. And that exact time, a dozen of unexplained emotion flooded his soul; anxiety grew up in an enormous gage, eating his heart inside.

 

Where was Jessica right now? Did not he the girl back to her apartment just now?

 

As if he had awakened from his reverie, Yuri immediately turned around and stormed out of the door. Just as he came out, his cell phone rang. Regardless of who was calling him, he picked it up in a blink of an eye.

 

“Sica-chan?”

 

A cheerful laugh blurted out instead. “Unfortunately, no, Dude.” Taeng grinned, mischievously. “It’s me Taeyeon. Sorry to disappoint you.”

 

“Taeyeon?”

 

“Man, I am very much alone, tonight. Let’s go out and accompany me to drink.” Taeng said.

 

“Taeyeon, good thing you called me.” Yuri said, his breathing was unsteady.

 

“Why? You seem so rushing and panicked.”

 

“Do you happen to know where Sica-chan is?”

 

“No. I have not called her yet today, well more like she neglected all of my calls…”

 

“Her father called me just now.” Yuri interrupted snappily, cutting off Taeng’s explanation. “He was really worried and asked me to look for her.”

 

“What happened? What’s wrong?” Taeng asked, his voice changed into a serious one.

 

“I’ll explain it to you later, Tae. Now, could you help us to find her? You know her more than I do. You know where she might be.”

 

“Yul, you are making me nervous.” Taeng said. He obviously still perplexed, but he decided to leave all of his questions behind. “Alright, I’ll try to find her. If I happened to find her, I’ll call you.”

 

♦♦♦

 

Jessica Jung was missing?

 

Kim Taeng was totally confused, clueless, have not any idea of what was happening to his best friend. He knew Jessica since forever, yet he had never heard of Jessica was nowhere to be found and her father completely in a mess, worried to death since his only daughter disappeared all of a sudden.

 

So, it meant that the problem was quite serious.

 

He drove carefully along the road, hoping to catch a glimpse of his missing best friend. His eyes stared elaborately at the boisterous road ahead and his brain started thinking and roaming around about the places that have might be visited.

 

He grabbed his phone and contacted the La Vue.

 

“Allo? Key, is Jessi with you right now? ...No? She did not come there today? ...Um, okay. Thank you ...Oh, that's okay. I'm just looking for her ...By the way, could you please call me when Jessi suddenly come to the La Vue? ...Okay, thank you.”

 

Taeng racked his brain again. Where that foolish girl was might be right now? It was almost midnight for God’s sake!

 

Taeng then decided to drive his car down to the Seine river, when suddenly his eyes caught a sight of a familiar person, girl to be exact, standing at the edge of the bridge.

 

“Jessi?” He muttered to himself, and then frowned. “What's she doing there?”

 

♦♦♦

 

Jessica looked down the ground, mindlessly. The surface of the Seine River looked like a dimly, big, black glass which reflected the lights on the other side of the road.

 

The water was definitely cold, dangerously cold. She would definitely die of its coldness when she threw herself into the calm river.

 

Freeze to death.

 

She just needed to let herself fall. After that her whole body would be frozen. The pain would also be frozen. She would not feel this pain anymore.

 

Just a little pushed and nudged on her body. Just a weak pushed. And sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter